PDA

View Full Version : JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

complex27
Mon, 07-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Hi,

Had OVA 1-6 from an old duplication service (yes very far back in the day), I think this is the prequel, it's the one with Iggy the dog and they're in the desert with Dio.

I've seen ads for 6 dvd's coming out and these are the 13 eps I'm guessing.

Question is: BT on anime-4ever , what is it? Descript is just JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OVA, but I don't think it's the Iggy one.

Thanks for any help.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Yay, a fellow JoJo watcher! We need more JoJo threads.
It's like this, there are 2 OAV series.

The first one has 6 episodes. It portrays the end of series 3 (manga volumes roughly 25-28) featuring some other stuff which the fans wanted to see animated i.e the fight with D'arby the Gambler & GEB. It has Iggy and ends with Dio being destroyed.

The second one is newer and has 7 episodes. It portrays the beginning of series 3 (manga volumes roughly 12-18) and shows how the team met. In the end they defeat the stand Justice which is owned by Enya. This series has Hol Horse in it, but no Iggy.

The second one has no translation for the 7th episode, oddly enough. The DVDs you are talking about are all 13 episodes, the second series being released first since it's the prequel.

Hope this clears stuff up.

The torrent on anime4ever btw is hard to know which it is, since both series are OAVs.

complex27
Mon, 07-12-2004, 06:46 PM
I couldn't have hoped for a better answer i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I see, 7 + 6 = 13

the BT is the Hol Horse one, i believe. Identifying series by animals is fun.

THANKS

Anyone else, check out JoJo, it's a good action STORY that never gets any play.

Munsu
Mon, 07-12-2004, 09:27 PM
OK.... if you are still confused

Originally the first OVA is the sequel of the second OVA, making the second OVA the prequel to the first OVA...

So the second OVA came after the first.... BUT...

The licensing company ( I think Super Techno Arts)... Decided to release the Second OVA first since it is the prequel.... And later on the first OVA since it is the sequel...

Edit: Sorry for clarifying... I thought I read that you still didnt understand...

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Glad you enjoyed the answer. If there's anything I know, it's JoJo.

complex27, I seriously hope you are reading the manga if you enjoy the anime. It is sooo much better. 80 volumes of pure joy. If you are interested, I'll give you links to place which hosts scans.

complex27
Tue, 07-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the offer, but even though I thoroughly enjoy anime
I've never ventured into the manga scene.

Guess I'm just not ready to open that can of worms yet.

Because I know I'll love it and I can hardly keep up with my
anime obsession.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Hehe. You are absolutely right about that one, you WILL love it. It's the best manga ever done, easily!

Munsu
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Any ideas when the next DVD's come out... for the First OVA (the sequel)?

I remember you gave me the link for the manga a while back, but I still havent downloaded it... I guess I'll wait until september when I go back to college...

Terracosmo
Wed, 07-14-2004, 04:35 AM
That's really hard to say, considering that they change release dates all the time. :/