PDA

View Full Version : Tenjou Tenge downloads

kooshi
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:54 AM
For the last few days, I've been downloading Tenjou Tenge 1-9. The problem is that from Ep. 4, the videos are messed up. Anyone else have this same problem??

Bloodhybrid
Mon, 07-12-2004, 10:01 PM
make sure uve downloaded it all
with a batch even if u have 99% then the files will still look off even if they do look complete

poopface
Tue, 07-13-2004, 05:26 PM
at what time in #4 does it screw up? I just downloaded 1-9 too recently and I'd like to check my video to see if I have the same problem.

kooshi
Thu, 07-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Ah, I gotta d/l it all. That's what I thought, hehe. Thanks for confirming it for me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Poopface, the entire video was screwed up. I just finished d/ling them all and it works fine now.

lilmaitai
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:35 AM
anyone else having trouble watching Episode 11 of Tenjou Tenge?

I tried to watch it on BSplayer, zoom player, windows media player, real player, Divx player and etc, but it stops after the first 3 secs. The other Tenjou Tenge files works fine. I really want to watch this episode, and something is hindering me, but I don't know what.

~Mai

DaBattousai
Tue, 07-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Yea same happened 2 me. At first i thought it was the site i downloaded it from but then when i tried mIRC same thing happen a window box opened up and said it had an error. Can anyone tell me how 2 fix dis problem or any other versions dat are not screwed up?

piel
Tue, 07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
lilmaitai, DaBattousai, I have had the SAME exact problem each time after downloading TenTen 11. And believe me, I'm downloaded it THREE TIMES already. I posted what happened to me over here:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=11538&enterthread =y

but that was before I found this thread, so I will just copy and paste what I wrote...

I have downloaded Tenjou Tenge 11 three times already, and all three times, WMP9 has crashed playing it. Like I said before, I haven't had any problems playing their TenTen releases with WMP9, so I think this problem is file-specific.

When the file first opens, there is a neon green "blotch" on the bottom left of the video, just before Maya jumps out. Then, just as Masataka is about to jump out, WMP9 crashes. Thus, the video only plays for 2-3 seconds. All of this has happened for each of the three files I have downloaded.

I was able to play the file with Real Player, however the picture quality was absolutely horrible. Several times throughout the video, different "blotches" would appear, making the picture quality very BAD. If I knew how to take screenshots of videos, I would put up a sample of a "blotch," but I'm sure you all know what I mean by it. Basically, it is a small area of discoloration that appears then disappears during a video. Those nasty blotches are probably what caused WMP9 to crash 2 to 3 seconds into play.

Is anyone else having these problems? I downloaded my file three times using Bit Torrent, so I am guessing that the SOURCE FILE must be bad. Again, I have never had these problems with their previous TenTen releases, so I am certain that it is not a codec problem, unless AnimeOne changed their encoding starting with this file.

Conan-kun
Tue, 07-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I would recommend that you upgrade your xvid codec as well as possibly trying a newer version of ffdshow. There is nothing with the release. Other people that have had problems have upgraded their xvid and was able to get it working.

Yes, episode 11 was encoded by someone new (schulz, he also does RO). I apologize for the problems you're having with the video. I talked with schulz and he's not quit sure why people are having problems. He recommended you upgrade your xvid codec, since ep 11 was encoded with Xvid 1.0.1. You can upgrade your xvid codec at: http://www.koepi.org.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully after you've upgraded your xvid you'll be able to play the video.

DaBattousai
Tue, 07-20-2004, 11:53 PM
I've talked 2 several people on mIRC and some people were nice enough 2 tell me the problem, The problem is *Drum Rolls* (lol) it's the codec go 2 downloads.com and type in "Xvids codec" on the search engine thingy and download the "Divix Lite" once u download that install it and it will ask u 2 download all da latest codecs and just click yes to download them all afterwards when i viewed Tenge Tenjo - 11 it worked perfectly fine. I hope i have helped some of u pplz who r having problems with dis.

GodComplex
Sat, 07-24-2004, 10:32 AM
So, I tried installing the aforemention xvid codec (didn't work) so then I downloaded the DivX lite as suggested, and my computer will never recover from that worthless program. So even after all suggested codecs have been put in place, I still get decompressor problems and episodes 11 & 12 actually crash VirtualDub. So whatever codec the encoder used, it doesn't work so well and it would probably be in everybody's best interest to use a more widely accepted compressor.

complich8
Sat, 07-24-2004, 01:27 PM
you may be having problems with a different codec or filter defaulting to playback. Uninstall it all, start again from scratch. Start out with ffdshow alpha, tell it not to decode the xvid and divx codecs but do everything else. Then xvid latest version from koepi's page, tell it to decode xvid and divx. Make sure you remove everything else codec-related you've got.

The crashing vdub thing sounds like maybe not the latest xvid version? That's kinda strange and may go against what I'm thinking (vdub always uses vfw codecs to decode stuff, so ffdshow wouldn't be relevant). But do that, and see if you get that.

I highly recommend avoiding codec packs and anything that isn't DivX5 from divx.com or xvid from koepi.org. Don't do that, it's bad for you!

In the worst case scenario, if you can't get it working (make sure you download the latest releases, and ffdshow is the alpha one not the "stable" one), download vlc from videolan.org, and play it in that. It should work that way regardless, since vlc ignores the codec environment on your system for the most part.