PDA

View Full Version : The chuunin exam

Assassin
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:15 PM
so, did any of the genins actually become chuunins? cuz i dont remember anyhitng like that in any of the eps. and if they're not chuunin yet, do they have to take the exam again, or are we just supposed to forget about it all, and they remain genin for the rest of the series.

frexeze
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:23 PM
good question.. i'm pretty sure the exam was cancelled due to the war on konoha. i have no idea what's supposed to happen to all those genins though.. maybe everything was voided and they have to wait until the next one

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Edit: Sorry, spoiler from Manga.

Sharingnan Chet
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Well, we haven't had any news on Konoha since the end of the Chuunin exam arc.
Lets just wait and see when Konoha comes back into the picture, eh?

Aeon
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:49 PM
The final exam instructor told Sasuke that the exam had ended due to the war, so I guess it was voided.

Assertn
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
The final exam instructor told Sasuke that the exam had ended due to the war, so I guess it was voided.

when did he say that? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif
i couldve sworn is was more like "if you plan to represent konoha chuunins, then do so by finishing your match with him"......or something along those lines

kinda hinting that he might be a chuunin once they official announce things, but its really something for the high council, kages, and diamyos to decide

tensai
Sun, 07-11-2004, 06:27 PM
i thought that the examiner said that he was chuunin level already, after he said the exam ends here

on A/A's translation its "sasuke, sorry, but the chuunin exam ends here. you are chuunin level already. if you are a ninja of konoha, be useful to konoha."

its really something for the high council, kages, and diamyos to decide

i think so too, to bad both kages died and the rest fell asleep and probably evacuated after they woke up

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 07-11-2004, 06:36 PM
being Chuunin, and being of Chuunin level are different things. Genma told Sasuke he was 'of Chuunin level' indicating he was stronger and more tactical than the average Genin, which meant that Sasuke has a high chance of being promoted to Chuunin.

I'm not really sure if the kages are very important in the decision-making process, seeing as only one (kazekage) came to watch it... and both 'died'

frexeze
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by: Kale Ironfist
I'm not really sure if the kages are very important in the decision-making process, seeing as only one (kazekage) came to watch it... and both 'died'

why did you put quotes around died? they both did die i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

tensai
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:15 PM
well, i think one other kage came to watch because their countries students were taking part in the exam

if say, mizu genins were participating, then mizukage would have shown up, etc...
too bad only genins from the leaf and sand made it

logic
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:19 PM
The other kage came because it was orichimaru in disguise, and was part of the plan to destroy leaf village and assasinate the 3rd, sarutobi, the hokage, you know, the guy that died?

Wth.. you guys HAVE been watching NARUTO right? It's rather obvious why the 'kazekage' came.. it was orichimaru.

Assertn
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:29 PM
uhh logic......tensai is right......
the kazekage and hokage were the only kages from the allied villages who join together for the exams, and if you watch the episode where the prelims end and the hokage explains the final exam, he says that its a month delay to give the daimyos AND the kazekage time to arrive as well as time for the genins to hone their stills

Also, watch the scene where the hokage welcomes the kazekage to the stadium. The kazekage says something along the lines of "its a good thing the exam took place here this year, it would be a difficult journey for you at your age"......indicating that both kages are involved with watching the final matches regardless of the location of the exam

Feannag
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: tensai
i thought that the examiner said that he was chuunin level already, after he said the exam ends here

on A/A's translation its "sasuke, sorry, but the chuunin exam ends here. you are chuunin level already. if you are a ninja of konoha, be useful to konoha."

its really something for the high council, kages, and diamyos to decide

i think so too, to bad both kages died and the rest fell asleep and probably evacuated after they woke up

Me thinks the reason this was asked because Jiraiya called Naturo a genin. Most likely because he's still trying to push Naruto, as he had in pushing him to use the Kyuubi's chakra.

I think Kakashi meant they have their skills are now on par with most chuunins, but there was no official cermony/rite to acknowledge them as chuunin.

wirm
Sun, 07-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't think any of the genins deserved to be promoted. The only ones among them with any leadership skills were Neji and Sasuke, and they're more bossy than leaders.

I also didn't understand why those spectators said Shikamaru had qualities that were good on a chuunin. He gave up, that's not a quality. Knowing when to give up is well and good, but that doesn't mean you should be promoted.

Aeon
Sun, 07-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: Aeon

when did he say that? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif
i couldve sworn is was more like "if you plan to represent konoha chuunins, then do so by finishing your match with him"......or something along those lines

kinda hinting that he might be a chuunin once they official announce things, but its really something for the high council, kages, and diamyos to decide

It was something along the lines of due to the current conditions the chuunin exam ends here, and then said something to Sasuke to make him go after Gaara/Temari/Konkuro.

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 08:30 PM
He said something like, you are already at the status of chunnin, and you still have a match to finish, so you go after him

Sun, 07-11-2004, 10:19 PM
it doesn't matter whether the exam was void or not....

itz just obvious that they will not place another saga around this topic anymore...

3 possible outcomes:

1) they already became chuunins

2) They use a 1 liner to quickly put in the fact that they redid the exam or someone appointed new chuunins

3) or it never gets mentioned anywhere (unlikely)

WarkWark
Sun, 07-11-2004, 10:54 PM
There is a scene after the sand is retreating, when Gaaras teacher gets called by some other sand ninjas to look at something, it shows the Kaze-kage being dead with flies buzzing around him, thats when they realized that Orochimaru set them up, which they said was publically addressed to all the countries. So yes Kaze-kage was coming, get killed by Orochimaru who took his face, therefore both died.

Kaze-kage yeah, sorry ;P anyways you guys got the point of the post.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:05 AM
Wark Wark, I think you mean "Kaze-kage" and not Mizu-kage...

Kale Ironfist
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by: frexeze

Originally posted by: Kale Ironfist

why did you put quotes around died? they both did die i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Well, they didn't die in the usual sense (injury/old age). one had been dead for about a month previously, and the other had his soul eaten...

woofcat
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Ok this may be a Semi spoiler not much to. so here is your warning
******************WARNING TINY SPOILER*****************

We will hear from it in the future and its not all said and done with.

**************END OF SPOILERS**************************

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Spoiler from this weeks episode belows

--------------------

Naruto is refered to as a Genin several times this week. So I assume he still is one. Which pissed me off cause, fuck, the shit he did on exam day was alot harder than completing the exam.

I'm hoping they just haven't got around to doing the promotions yet, cause if his stuck as a genin for another year, I mean, shit, that'd just be stupid. Sasuke strong enough to be a chuunin, and naruto is even stronger than him.

AngryGumball
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:55 AM
anyone explain why we never saw Jiraiya during the final exam before the assault on the city? Even just a shot of him sitting in the stands with his arms around two ladies would have been enough for me. Was just weird how he disappeared yet they show him standing watch over Naruto's apartment when he is sleeping.

Pyron
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:55 AM
i guess the exam is delayed because there is no hokage. just a thought, i'm most likely wrong but if not a hokage promoting a genin to a chunnin then who would do it? also, the last part of the exam was a tournament so with the participants missing like gaara and his sis..i don't think that the exam can commence without their return. who knows...we just have to wait and see

kaigan
Mon, 07-12-2004, 02:18 AM
it is undecided due to konoha is under attack.

basey44
Mon, 07-12-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by: wirm
I don't know about you guys, but I don't think any of the genins deserved to be promoted. The only ones among them with any leadership skills were Neji and Sasuke, and they're more bossy than leaders.

I also didn't understand why those spectators said Shikamaru had qualities that were good on a chuunin. He gave up, that's not a quality. Knowing when to give up is well and good, but that doesn't mean you should be promoted.

they said this because he did everything a chuunin would need to do, a chuunin would have a team to command, once he had his oppenent shadow binded the fight was over, his team would have successfully captured their enemy

Masamune
Mon, 07-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
uhh logic......tensai is right......
the kazekage and hokage were the only kages from the allied villages who join together for the exams, and if you watch the episode where the prelims end and the hokage explains the final exam, he says that its a month delay to give the daimyos AND the kazekage time to arrive as well as time for the genins to hone their stills

Also, watch the scene where the hokage welcomes the kazekage to the stadium. The kazekage says something along the lines of "its a good thing the exam took place here this year, it would be a difficult journey for you at your age"......indicating that both kages are involved with watching the final matches regardless of the location of the exam
the point is , he didnt i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwDZAqQVpxClLiKgspctinH3CUgJC5QSEfve79IHZipa621M8 UWm2FcU6WVKbZ3rULGCoPn2!rHRpM*Gr6eYs3cFEgsiK3M5B44 !9B*wRQs/capture.JPG

edit: , for all who want to know. episode 81 6:07

Eurasian
Mon, 07-12-2004, 08:37 AM
dude, i totally forgot about the chuunin exams. the battles i still talk about but who's going to be chuunin slipped my mind.

yeah, the kazekage died before the tournament. as proven by Masamune.

naruto has to become a chuunin!!!!! he has all the leadership qualities. he can also turn maniacs (i.e. gaara and neji) into non-maniacs. he pushed ppl [e.g. when sakura v. ino and he forced inner sakura to beat ino or whatever (i honestly hate inner sakura and sakura so talking about this makes me sick) & when shikamaru didn't want to fight temari and naruto pushed him into the arena). i don't really know if that is a good leadership quality, but WHATEVER!!!! Naruto is the strongest genin in the exam, thus he should be a chuunin. GO NARUTO!!!!

Darthmoe
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:48 PM
I think that Shikamaru would be the best choice for Chunnin because even though he did quit, he had very good tactical skills, he is very calm in difficult situations (this is shown because he can think of such amazing battle strategies during a battle, like the one with Temari), he is a genius ( much smarter than anyone else i think, told to us when Asuma is talking to Kurenai), and even though hes lazy, he knows that when he is needed, he has no other choice (like when he stayed behind naruto and sakura to hold off the ninjas chasing them), even though he was very close to dying if Asuma did not come along. These are all skills that a leader needs.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-12-2004, 06:32 PM
I don't think leadership is a nessecary quality for a Chuunin at all. Because, from what the show has shown, the Chuunin are usually not the only Chuunin on their team. So not every Chuunin would have to display leadership qualities, just the ones that are going to be Team Leaders.

It'll be funny when Shikamaru is made leader of his team and Ino has to follow his order, but he'll probably be too lazy to bother giving them.