PDA

View Full Version : One Time Weapons

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Well, in some animes, there seems to be these one time weapons/ items that show up once then are never seen again, and Naruto is no different. For example:

Windmill Blade Shuriken - Sasuke and Naruto vrs Zabuza
Triple Windmill Blade Shuriken /w String - Sasuke vrs Oro
Sasuke's exploding balls - Sasuke vrs Oro, when Oro punches him, and says he will kill him, Sasuke uses 3 balls on hooks that explode to stun him for a sec
Huge Shuriken- Mizuka vrs Iruka, the thing he was wearing on his back, and used. Resembled a giant Shuriken
Double Side Shuriken - Used agaisnt Kabuto in the forest of death, when he is struck across his face.

Feel free to add any to the list as well.

But why is it that they make these and never use them again. I would really like to see the Windmill blade make a comeback, apart from in the old 4th opener that is.

Masakari
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Well the one Sasuke used vs. Zabazu appeared in the second Naruto special I believe. What about the hand thingy Shizune used against Kabuto? Or here's something new, the one Hayate used before he died, a sword? Gosh you never see that in Naruto...

edit: Talking about a regular plain sword, not a big gigantic cannot even be real sword.

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Alot of ANBU are seen wearing Katana's like Hayate used.

Shizune used her's twice though, and thats prolly hers alone.

I haven't watched the 2nd specail yet, keep forgetting to d/l it. I'll watch it later and see.

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:31 PM
dont forget about Narutos infamous crap attack

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Crap attack? Lol, whats that?

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Its when Naruto steps in crap and screams, paralyzing his opponents(made that up)

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Can't beat Sakura's "whine and do nothing while the other's save her ass because she is a useless s.o.b. to obsessed with Sasuke to learn one new Jutsu while saying how envious she is of the others" technique.

But that isn't exactly rare.

Assertn
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Its when Naruto steps in crap and screams, paralyzing his opponents(made that up)

he does that like, 3 times though

Tofu #2
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

liar, it's twice.

Aion
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I find it more annoying that they use a attacks at the beginning which NEVER work, most of the time this is weapon related.

Sharingnan Chet
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Ninja weapons, such as sharuikin and kunai are used mostly as distractions for the ninja to pull ofa move that takes a split second longer to perform.

They are diversionary tactics.

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Meh, whats wrong with using Kunai or Shuriken? It makes the opponent focus on them for a second to either dodge, or block them, and slows them down so you can either perform a Jutsu, change positions, or charge.

jing
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Theres nothing wrong with shurikens or kunais when itachi uses them =), but we all know that.

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by: _naruto_X

liar, it's twice.

Actually he does it twice in the anime, and once in the secret waterfall ninja one, but its still funny

lasaire
Sun, 07-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Historically ninja's used a very large variety of weapons, and if you've ever seen the colored manga covers, you've also seen Team 7 posing with some crazy weapons that they never actually use in the story.

I have a feeling we're far from the end of the 'unique weapons' that show up in the series.

And how about that wierd hooked kunai Kabuto uses?

kaigan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 09:06 PM
yes, there are still lots of weapons that hasn't been shown.

Einzelgänger
Sun, 07-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by: lasaire
Historically ninja's used a very large variety of weapons, and if you've ever seen the colored manga covers, you've also seen Team 7 posing with some crazy weapons that they never actually use in the story.

Historically ninjas used anything they could get their hands on. You have pruning sheers they become weapons, hair needles become throwing spikes.

Anything.

But this show isn't based on history, so they will make up some weapons and such, but thats just fine, cus its realy cool.

Himura_san
Mon, 07-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Sasuke's exploding balls

I read that and had a good laugh! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Coolman
Mon, 07-12-2004, 07:01 AM
Himura_san - damn it, knew someone would do that...

Einzelgänger - True, but a huge shuriken with 4 blades thats in your backpack doesn't dissapear the next day.

lasaire - Good point, but the Manga covers shows alot of stuff, and even a few pictures where they look older (itachi age older)

But Kabuto uses that Kunai more then once. At least we see him fighting with it.

PSJ
Mon, 07-12-2004, 11:07 AM

thought you meant when he farted in kibas face i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ilabb
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:31 PM
What about those double-sided kunai that the mist nins used? those were cool...

Coolman
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: ilabb
What about those double-sided kunai that the mist nins used? those were cool...

? I don't recall which your talking about, got a Manga number, or ep number? Do you mean the throwing needle things?

Oh wait... now I remember, although we have only seen those on Manga covers haven't we? Cause I don't recall any character using it...

lasaire
Mon, 07-12-2004, 03:49 PM
No, they used them with all the illusion techniques, when they ambused Team 7 and Kabuto riht in front of the Tower that was the goal of the Second Part of the Chuunin Exam.

Coolman
Mon, 07-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Right... I'll add it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Eurasian
Tue, 07-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by: Himura_san

Sasuke's exploding balls

I read that and had a good laugh!

i didn't notice that until u pointed it out. i laughed like no other.

RasenDori
Tue, 07-13-2004, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by: _naruto_X

liar, it's twice.

Actually he does it twice in the anime, and once in the secret waterfall ninja one, but its still funny

when was that ever funny?

hinatacretu
Wed, 07-14-2004, 04:35 AM
well i find tat funny... maybe i'm easily 'aroused' ???

PSJ
Wed, 07-14-2004, 07:48 AM
i thought he did it twice in the waterfall special thingy.

Tofu #2
Wed, 07-14-2004, 07:09 PM
hey i think your right. once at the begining and once at he end right?

Assertn
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: hinatacretu
well i find tat funny... maybe i'm easily 'aroused' ???

were you the one that was referring to oro arousing the dead? hahaha......
man.....you probably should figure how exactly using "arouse" affects the context of your message