PDA

View Full Version : Legal or not?

Omri
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone, it's my first topic at this forum and I wanted to know since a while is this webside Legal?
Yes, I'm watching animes and manga that I downloaded from here (Naruto, GunGrave), this webside seems to be quiet famous.
Mt friend told me that this webside isn't legal because of the animes and mangas you can download from it, but he also said that this is not such a big crime. He said that the japenize don't really care and this side don't sell they'retranselated animes and mangas.

So is this webside legal or not?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:35 PM
It probably is legal, but who cares its not like anyones going to do anything about, just have fun with it

r3n
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:57 PM
its illegal to fansub and release anime, aswell as to download it, but until its licensed the companies that own the rights to the anime series dont care, infact they even encourage it as it helps to spread the word of the anime before its licensed

Einzelgänger
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Thats true, it is Illegal but the worst you'll have to do, if the cops get pissed at you for one reason or another, is go into a coart hearing. Its all I had to do, they can fine you for it,but they wont untill the Animes are Licensed here.

frexeze
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:11 AM
you've gone to court for pirating anime? howd you get caught -.-

Pyron
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:59 AM
without subbers...i wonder what all of us would be watching?

AlbinoFury
Mon, 07-12-2004, 02:39 AM
plus gotwoot is just a tracker and forums, so whats illegal about posting links to files(google does that too i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) and discussing them (freedom of speech, my country has it does yours? lol)

woot is totally legal g, no worries.

Whether users are booty plundering pirates is up to them i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Omri
Mon, 07-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Thanks everone. And albinoFury google are not responsable for what is linket in there webside (my friend told me that, I asked the same question as you).

Raven
Mon, 07-12-2004, 07:00 AM
I always thought it's perfectly legal to download media (eg anime) that isn't licensed in your own country, but I guess I was wrong.

Omri
Mon, 07-12-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
I always thought it's perfectly legal to download media (eg anime) that isn't licensed in your own country,

What is eg anime?

PSJ
Mon, 07-12-2004, 11:52 AM
eg means smoething like for example i think. i thought it was legal to download until it got licensed and when its licensed its illegal in all countries that are aprt of the license agreement laws bullshit crap thingy. thats what i read here roughly 6 months ago.

hinatacretu
Mon, 07-12-2004, 04:19 PM
fuck copyright laws...

Solensean
Fri, 07-16-2004, 12:50 AM
EG means "exampla gratie" i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif