PDA

View Full Version : Attenion Naruto Subbers!

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:41 PM
No offense, but you guys have been lagging behind a little too much these past few weeks... and I was wondering what's up?

If you guys are too tied up subbing too many animes I'll help you, I'll help you in any way I can I don't want to see the Anbu subbers lag behind the crap subbers. If you need help tell me what to do my email is: pdc3999@juno.com and I also have a screen name on aol instant messanger its: pete3999
Please lets take steps to make Anbu be the best subb group (already has the best translations), but if you get more and more people to help this well be the fastest witht he best translations...

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:57 PM
they dont need to be faster stop your complaining and if they needed help i thik they would find it themselfs.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:59 PM
As much as i agree with you, you do have to understand that they are doing this for free, they dont get anything, add that to the other shows that they subb, its understandable that they should lagg behind every once in a while besides there is a whole new ending that they have to subb so be patient the if no one has subbed by monday then don't complain and just wait it out. people do get kinda p***ed off when you start complaining at things like this.

sexy_no_jutsu
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:00 PM
who cares if it takes a while? just go and do something else

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:04 PM
scorpio ist never ok to complain the subbers deserve to be a little slow sometimes. and if you think AA is to slow download one of the speed subbers.

highbass
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:11 PM
another person bitching about slow subbing.... go to japan and watch the episodes there and stop your bitchin

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
scorpio ist never ok to complain the subbers deserve to be a little slow sometimes. and if you think AA is to slow download one of the speed subbers.

No, you got me all wrong i'm not complaining i'm just trying to explain it to SaSuKeRuLeS without sounding like an asshole, i'm a patient person and i acknowledge that the groups do their best on subbs and i sure as hell know that i couldn't do any better.

but i think its okay to complain once then realise that you shouldn't, so lets just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:15 PM
SaSuKeRuLeS..
tell me, do you know what's involved in fansubbing? do you know japanese? do you truely believe that you could contribute to the subbing process?

so please,shut up, get some other anime, manga or spend time with your family, and don't complain...

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by: Scorpio V1.2

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

No, you got me all wrong i'm not complaining i'm just trying to explain it to SaSuKeRuLeS without sounding like an asshole, i'm a patient person and i acknowledge that the groups do their best on subbs and i sure as hell know that i couldn't do any better.

but i think its okay to complain once then realise that you shouldn't, so lets just give him the benefit of the doubt.

i didnt think you were complaining but you said once its monday you can start complaining and i think thats wrong, you should never complain.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh right, sorry, I edited that to say "...just wait..."

NL|MegaMika
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Ever read about the one week skip of Naruto, delaying Naruto 90 by, indeed, one week?

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:50 PM
she is talking about why the sub isnt out today not why it was a weeks delay.

NoKKiE
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:14 PM
my question is why do you even watch subs if you know enough japanese to sub them yourself =P

Halo2298
Sat, 07-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Well, I really don't care how long they take to sub Naruto. I mean, they're doing all this for free and all. Of course, I'd like to have it faster cause Naruto is like crack for me, but I'll just have to use a RahXephon patch or do something crazy like go outside. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Anyway, the only thing I wish the subber would do is if they'd say when they were working on the sub or give estimates for when it'll be done.

Assassin
Sat, 07-10-2004, 05:24 PM
i think all u guys should stop bitching at SaSuKeRuLeS. she (it is 'she' rite?) isn't complaining or badmouthing A/A or anyhtign like that, but rather is offering to help if they need it. theres nothiogn worng with that. if i were a subber i would thank her for it, not bitch about it.

i know the subbers are busy and tehy do it for free and all that. but that doesn't mean i can't wonder y a certain ep is taking longer then usual. since when did asking a question become such a bad thing. im all for saying "stfu" to those noobs who think the subers are getting lazy and shit, but its not the same as when someone just wants to inquire and offer thier assistance.

use some common sense and have some respect for fellow gotwooters.

ps: if ur gonna post and bitch at me about having an opinion, plz dont waste ur time. i wont listen, and u'll just be spamming anyway.

Krbadass
Sat, 07-10-2004, 05:28 PM
Good point assassin, and sasukerules, while we at gotwoot do host ANBU/AONE, we are not part of them and we do not sub the eps ourselves, so you would have to go on mirc or something and talk to them about it.

lasaire
Sat, 07-10-2004, 08:01 PM
The difference between ANBU/AonE and the other 'speedsubbing' groups is that AA has a very detailed subbing pipeline involving many people working on each episode. This also provides for the much higher quality.

There is not only a translator, but several translators, and an editor to check all of their mistakes. After the subtitles are timed, there are anwhere from one to three people who watch the episode, checking EACH and EVERY line for mistakes. Obviously, no one is perfect and occasionally mistakes still get through. The longer wait is due to all the steps that are carefully taken to ensure a good quality episode.

ANBU/AonE is not the only group subbing Naruto, or any other series, and in Naruto's case there are several groups of 'speedsubbers' that have the new episode out very rapidly.

If you are dying to see the new episode but also prefer the AA version, download a speedsubber first to satisfy your hunger, then download the AA version to keep for your collection and delete the other version. It's what I do every week.

If you're such an AA purist that you watch nothing else, then deal with the wait.

For those interested in joining the group, there is a test involved to test the required skills for each and every person applying. Go to the IRC chat rooms if you're interested.

Enough said.

Eurasian
Sat, 07-10-2004, 08:10 PM
wow!! they do all that for one episode?? that is perfectionism.

why is everyone so mean to SaSuKeRuLeS? she offered to help and stuff and she wasn't like dissing AA.

i do what lasaire does. download the speedy ones and then delete it when AA comes out w/ their version.

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I feel AA do just fine on their release schedule, and have the fewest problems. I remember seeing the first or second FMA, and Gluttony was named Blutny was kinda funny, but at the same time I understand. They do the best they can with what they have, and if you want to complain about it taking too long but can't find something else to do, well... that's why they have 4537959023478956 other series they and other groups are subbing. I definitely say check out Samurai 7, it's pretty nice.

Mut
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:41 PM
i don't see anything wrong with a/a. i just download whatever comes out first, watch it, delete it and then download and keep a/a when it comes out. a/a is fine.

lordks
Sun, 07-11-2004, 06:44 AM
if you cant wait joust dowload it by some other group....

I say the more they ask the more they wait....

ZakuHan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Read closer, lordks lol. He wasn't asking them to hurry up nor complaining about how long it takes.

MrKillington
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:14 PM
I don't think we should be jumping down someone's throat when they're offering to help. Anyone with a working knowledge of the english language can at very least help proofread, which is always nice.
I understand the knee-jerk reaction to people complaining, since AA do all this for free, but at least this guy's being constructive.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Aiyah! People calm down! I'm only stating the obviouvs and I wish to help out in some way thats why I made this topic, you all are seem to forget the fact that I am also a fan of Anbu's subbing and i wasn't demeaning them in any way. I don't understand why people get so touchy about stating the obivous and another thing.... I really do wish to help I have no clue why everyone is flaming me. If you were as dedicated to Anbu as I am then you would also try to help them in some way so plese stop the flaming here.

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:35 PM
lol its a he lol..... cant stop laughing

Omri
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:02 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: SaSuKeRuLeS
Aiyah! People calm down! I'm only stating the obviouvs and I wish to help out in some way thats why I made this topic, you all are seem to forget the fact that I am also a fan of Anbu's subbing and i wasn't demeaning them in any way. I don't understand why people get so touchy about stating the obivous and another thing.... I really do wish to help I have no clue why everyone is flaming me. If you were as dedicated to Anbu as I am then you would also try to help them in some way so plese stop the flaming here.

Yeah, you right. He just opend a topic to dicuss the matter, not dishonor Anbu&Anime1.

Black_Meanie
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Ya know why they take long? It's because they take the time to sub the intro's and outro's with the bouncy words. They'd be done a lot quicker if they didn't waste their time traslating the words that change every 20 episodes. I mean really what's the use of singing alone with the words?

Sharingnan Chet
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:27 PM
IF I'm right... and I don't really think I am... I think they only do the karaoke thing ONCE, on the ep where it debuts, than they just cut and paste the same one onto each ep as they come out untill the new intro/outro.

Again, I don't know if thats how they do that..... and if it isn't... they should cause it would save time!

Heh, anywho.... ANBU/AONE rock, but I like my speedy subs.
I just save ANBU/AONE when they come out, cause I like to keep highquality over the speedsubs.

Gods_Son
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Quality takes time, so just wait for it. I'm sure A/A has plenty of staff.

Assassin
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:09 PM
anyone else get teh feeling this topic should be closed now?

theres really no point to debating quality over speed....and i've seen like 15 posts saying the same thing (namely "get teh speedy release and then get teh AA release). i think we all get teh message.

lets focus on whats important.....tsunade's boobs ( o )V( o ) i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ps: SaSuKeRuLeS, sorry about that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.....didn't think tehre were any sasuke fanboys on gw.

Assertn
Sun, 07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
yeah, i was gonna say....the people who complain about people who point out delays can be worse than the people who complain ABOUT the delays themselves

he was trying to be constructive with his post.....geez you guys

anyway, i think they have a very thorough system set up, and throwing several more people into the mix would would probably throw things off and end up with something that might possibly be a sooner release, but very possibly a lower quality

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:18 PM
lol Sasuke fanboys but anyhow i like kurenais boobs better!!! Yes and please someone lock this thread.

lasaire
Sun, 07-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Done. Thread locked.

SasukeRules, I don't know if you read my post, but you are welcome to go on the IRC channel and see about becoming part of AA if you're truly interested, I know they are always looking for people with skills.