PDA

View Full Version : Sharingan

Sung
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Hey~ I was just watching through some old episodes and I saw that Itachi had 4 dots around his pupil when using sharingan while Sasuke only had 2 dots. Is it possible to speculate that how many dots you have in sharingan signifies the mastery of sharingan??

Just a thought , hehe.

jing
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Well, could you take a screen shot of the 4 dots......... because.... i didn't see it.

Sung
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:25 PM
lol, and Kakashi has 3 dots!

Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:30 PM
i thought 3 dots were max....

wow i never saw the 4 dot....

i guess the strongest is a ring around the pupil?

i kinda think this is comical... like sharingan users like sasuke, itachi, kakashi wake up one day... go brush their teeth, and look in the mirror... and find one more dot in their eye.... hoorah!

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:32 PM
are you sure you weren't including the pupil itself because i can see only 3 commas around his pupil,

One more question about sharingan, Do you think that Kurenai ( Hinata, Shino, Kiba's teacher ) has some kind of basic sharingan? because she has red eyes identicle to Itachi, Sasuke and Kakashi minus the commas, thats probable why she is so good at Genjutsu, because she can see through them, although she wouldn't be able to copy them. Just somthing which has been bugging me, thats all

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:58 PM
itachi only got 3 commas since thats the max, its impossible to have 4 commas.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
itachi only got 3 commas since thats the max, its impossible to have 4 commas.

Its never been said that 3 commas is the maximum,everyone has just assumed this because it was said that itachi has mastered sharingan there might be a nearly unobtainable level sharingan that only a few Uchihas managed to acheive ,for all we know supreme mastery of the sharingan could be a complete ring around the pupil

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:09 PM
yea but since you only can do the mangekyou if you completly masters the sharingan and when itachi does the mangekyou he got 3 commas so the maximum is 3 commas and not 4.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:16 PM
My point was to never say "never", but for now i admit defeat and will agree with you

Halo2298
Sat, 07-10-2004, 05:17 PM
There are some animation flaws throughout the series. I thought I saw four commas around his eye once, but pausing it and zooming it... it's just an overly large black fleck in his eye. But who knows, maybe it is possible to get more.

jing
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Didn't it say in the anime that Itachi already mastered sharingan. So if its already mastered and he only has 3 dots. Then its 3 dots. Besides, we haevnt seen him ever with 4 dots. Bad thread, no proof he has 4.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:33 PM
it says that Itachi has mastered the Sharingan, it could mean that he's mastered controll over it ( Probably why he can do the mangekyou Sharingan ) but he probable hasn't mastered the complete power that sharigan holds, there could be as i said earlier a whole new level of power that sharigan holds. Just a thought, i have no evidence to prove or disprove this theory

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:39 PM
its the full power of sharingan cause even sasuke got control over it. they even say that mangekyou is only atainable for those who has mastered the sharingan completly.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:45 PM
okay then, my bad. I just like thinking up things like this, it would make for quite a (in lack of a better term) plot twist IF it were true though, Itachi coming after Konoha with every techniqe ever devised at his disposal, Bloodlines and all, that would be a great battle.

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:52 PM
if itachi could use jutsus form every bloodline he has seen he would be invincible. he would kick all of konohas ass.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Well it would be a way to end the series if kishimoto(sp.?) runs out of ideas or it could turn into some kind of advanced plot line where their all forced to run away to get stronger to face him later. I think this is bordering on the "How Naruto will end" and the "Final Boss" threads

Eurasian
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:57 PM
even tho i don't think the number of dots around in his eye really matter, but i think 3 is the max. i don't remember ever seeing 4, maybe i wasn't observant.

sasuke has like 2 in one eye and 1 in the other.

Mut
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:13 PM
hahahaah! PSJ owned scorpio like 15 times in this thread. WOOT!

+1 for psj

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Eurasian, Sasuke has two in each eye, only once did he have that eye setup (Haku fight)

frexeze
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:05 PM
i dont think sharingan can copy advanced bloodlines..

Originally posted by: Scorpio V1.2
are you sure you weren't including the pupil itself because i can see only 3 commas around his pupil,

One more question about sharingan, Do you think that Kurenai ( Hinata, Shino, Kiba's teacher ) has some kind of basic sharingan? because she has red eyes identicle to Itachi, Sasuke and Kakashi minus the commas, thats probable why she is so good at Genjutsu, because she can see through them, although she wouldn't be able to copy them. Just somthing which has been bugging me, thats all

kurenai doesn't have sharingan, it's a bloodline and itachi and sasuke are the only ones left from the clan

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Sharingan can copy techniques, such as seals and genjutsu. But things like Byakugan are pertaining to traits which are born into a user, these traits enable them to use their abilities of which are not able to be copied simply because the technique is something the specific user is born with (blood line), making it impossible to copy. This would also eliminate the ability to copy techniques used with traits such as Byakugan, because the Chakra highway will be different for each individual. So learning the Tenketsu attack against one specific person may be something a Sharingan user could possibly do, but it would only have application against that person hit with Neji's 64-hit Tenketsu attack, i.e. Neji/Naruto. That's purely speculation, though, and even then the ability to accurately disable Tenketsu would more than likely have to be done to the Sharingan user, since their more advanced techniques learned from using Sharingan come from seeing them used against the Sharingan user. At least, that's how I see it.

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Sharingan can copy techniques, such as seals and genjutsu. But things like Byakugan are pertaining to traits which are born into a user, these traits enable them to use their abilities of which are not able to be copied simply because the technique is something the specific user is born with (blood line), making it impossible to copy. This would also eliminate the ability to copy techniques used with traits such as Byakugan, because the Chakra highway will be different for each individual. So learning the Tenketsu attack against one specific person may be something a Sharingan user could possibly do, but it would only have application against that person hit with Neji's 64-hit Tenketsu attack, i.e. Neji/Naruto. That's purely speculation, though, and even then the ability to accurately disable Tenketsu would more than likely have to be done to the Sharingan user, since their more advanced techniques learned from using Sharingan come from seeing them used against the Sharingan user. At least, that's how I see it.

kaigan
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:53 PM
no

HokageSama
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:57 PM
> So learning the Tenketsu attack against one specific person may be something a Sharingan user could possibly do

A Sharingan user cannot hit someones tenketsu as it was stated by Kakashi in ep 47, 5min 4 secs, that the sharingan eye cannot see the tenketsu points. Even if the sharingan eye can copy the movement of the Hakke Rokujuuyonshou, they can't hit the tenketsu accurately.

I need to get out more....

ZakuHan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:10 AM
They said int he anime Itcahi has mastered it yeah. But that doesn't mean they're right, either. For all he knows there could be some secret about it his father knew and would have taught him when he was older, but since he died, never got to, so Itcahi would never truly master it. There could be a 4th dot sometime. Just cause a character in the series says something does not make them right i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:12 AM
there is no 4th comma.

kaigan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:13 AM
Itachi has mastered the sharingan, face the fact.

ZakuHan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:16 AM
Well, you believe what you want to. I for one think he is wrong and he has not completely master it nor ever will. I think Sasuke will, one day, attain a 4th dot and claim that title of Sharingan Master. Anime folks always seem to like doing that, stepping up and raising the bar, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least. It'd be pretty far in the future, of course.

Edit: For anyone that caught it, I do not think he'll get a 4th EYE. That'd be too freaky =/

Mut
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:24 AM
yeah, itachi is probably lying about him being a sharingan master. i mean, what is the point of saying that? what is itachi thinking???

ZakuHan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 11:55 AM
There's a difference between lying and being wrong.

Lucian5000
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:10 PM
He might THINK he's mastered the Sharingan, but he's only mastered the moves currently known to him. Maybe, just maybe, there's other moves and a fourth dot. Just because he THINK's he's mastered Sharingan, doesn't mean that's a 100% infallible proof.

PSJ
Sun, 07-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
They said int he anime Itcahi has mastered it yeah. But that doesn't mean they're right, either. For all he knows there could be some secret about it his father knew and would have taught him when he was older, but since he died, never got to, so Itcahi would never truly master it. There could be a 4th dot sometime. Just cause a character in the series says something does not make them right i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

if his father new a secret all mighty sharingan attack he wouldnt die fighting his son correct? meaning that itachi has completly mastered the sharingan and that there is no 4th comma.

Scorpio V1.2
Sun, 07-11-2004, 01:41 PM
or his fater didn't know how to perform the move, probably he didn't know of any master moves, maybe they only surface in a select few Uchiha's, or there is no written record of ever exeding the 3rd comma and the mangekyou sharingan and thus everyone believes that 3 comma's are the limit,

jing
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:11 PM
By the way, the thread creator says he SAW the 4th dot. But there is only 3. so unless screen shots it, its only 3.

ZakuHan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:29 PM
if his father new a secret all mighty sharingan attack he wouldnt die fighting his son correct? meaning that itachi has completly mastered the sharingan and that there is no 4th comma.

Not necessarily. From the looks of things he ambushed them, and captured them before "executing" them for Sasuke to see. So he had no chance to use whatever he could. There's that, and the fact that in most anime, a father would rather let his stark raving mad son kill him than fight back.. And have his own self satisfaction that he knew something(s) about the Sharingan that dies with him so his renegade son never will.

Gaz
Mon, 07-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Its pretty good people having ideas and thinking about what happens in the future , even if you know deep down it will never happen. Why oh why do people always feel they have rip everything apart and come down with this condescending (sp?) attitude on others I'll never know.

I'll need to checkup on the 4 dot thing but when standing still not really using the sheringan Itachi has 3 and when animated while doing a technique it looks like there are 4 - as someone else said - its probable to make the animation look faster or something (or a mistake!).

Having an open mind , I can see where the 4 pupil idea is comming from and I agree that there is the possiblity of a 4th pupil. Kakashi was stated to have developed Chadori early on when it was explained where the moves name came from (Lightning Edge alternative name). So who is to say that there are no other moves that can be developed using sheringan. New techniques are being learned all the time. A prime example is the technique that Naruto is currently learning was developed by the 4th. Who is to say that there are not other techniques that Sasuke could develope himself during the course of his entire life?
And if new techniques are being developed, maybe there is a more advanced version of Itachi's hypnotic move (I cant even spell the name of it).

***Edit***
Anyone seen Kenshin? well you should have done i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif. The ultimate move for the style of fighting that Kenshin uses has the 'fake' master move and the 'true' move you learn on defending yourself from that 'fake' ultimate attack. Now, anime's copy themselves all the time so who is to say that this kind of thing wont happen here and in doing so a new pupil reveal itself. Not even the Manga has finished yet and is still being written. Also There may be Naruto GT where Sasuke is really old but has mastered this last move, passes it onto his grandson (after being turned into a little boy by Orichimaru and saving all of the ninja villages from complete descruction) and it his grandson who developes the 4th pupil as Sasuke the Great was too old to grow any more pupils and you have to be young to grow anything! (other than grey hair of course!).

***Edit end***
Its a good thing to imagine what might happen in the future and wish that something might happen - even if it never does or has 0.01% chance of happening - everyone does it at some point for something! Like, omg how great would a Naruto fighting game be??? then it happened, twice!!!

Why oh why do some people have to be so condescending and all 'I know everything in this world' with their attitudes. Ever heard the phrase "if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all" ? IE if you dont have anything good to say on one of the forum topics other than to winge and complain then dont bother. I believe the phrase is "Dont be a troll".

Solensean
Wed, 07-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Are we just guessing that the numbers of dots in the pupils reflects the level of the user ?
Or did i miss one information ?

ZakuHan
Wed, 07-14-2004, 06:24 PM
So far as anybody knows the dots do represent the level of power the user has over Sharingan.

Solensean
Wed, 07-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Seen in the anime ? Where ? When ?

PSJ
Wed, 07-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan

Not necessarily. From the looks of things he ambushed them, and captured them before "executing" them for Sasuke to see. So he had no chance to use whatever he could. There's that, and the fact that in most anime, a father would rather let his stark raving mad son kill him than fight back.. And have his own self satisfaction that he knew something(s) about the Sharingan that dies with him so his renegade son never will.

what we have seen is from when itachi used mangekyou sharingan on sasuke, itachi can do whatever he wants in there he can even change the way people die. and even if this isnt the case his father doesnt seem to be that good of a ninja if he cant predict an ambush from sounds, movement and such the way a ninja should notice an ambush. if he isnt good enough to do so he most likely hasnt mastered a higher level of the sharingan. why would all the characters run around and say the mangekyou shraingan can only be used by someone who has mastered the sharingan completly if that wasnt the case?

Assertn
Wed, 07-14-2004, 07:25 PM
in the mangekyou world....colors are inverted.....

therefore any extra black dots you see in people's eyes are actually supposed to be white HIGHLIGHTS......just inverted

y0shi
Wed, 07-14-2004, 09:54 PM
You got this all wrong people!
The commas are stating the age of the Sharingan user!
At first the little child doesnt have any Sharingan, then he has two commas, after growing up and becoming adult he gets three commas..
just ONE nanosecond before he dies he gets the fourth comma

AND THEN, who ever eats the bastard's body gets a brand new Sharingan eyes with five commas around the pupil, but he gets poisoned, he dies and the eyes burn.

(where the hell did I make that up from?)

Knives122
Wed, 07-14-2004, 09:58 PM
hmm, yes yes i see what you saying, LOL pretty good for a first post(sarcasm)

y0shi
Wed, 07-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
hmm, yes yes i see what you saying, LOL pretty good for a first post(sarcasm)

You think I over-reacted with that dead body and all? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:01 PM
rightttt....i thought that as u ablitys grow then the comma things start to appear or something like that but hey i couldbe wrong

Assertn
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:02 PM
keep in mind that itachi had the sharingan at like......8 or something.....while sasuke didnt get it till he was 12

y0shi
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:11 PM
I have a question about Itachi's strength and the uses of Sharingan,
when Ero-Sennin created that frog stomach Itachi blew up the wall with what seemed to be the Sharingan, but is it?
will Sasuke be able to do that?
There was cool black fire afterwards... It seems connected to the Sharingan the way he used it but the Sharingan is suppose to copy movments and stuff, I've never imagined (until that episode) that it can blow up walls..

rarr
Thu, 08-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Itachi accessed his Sharingan 'library' of techniques to create the black fire and blow the stomach open - the Sharingan has no effects upon an opponent that aren't mental.

tonecapone
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:21 AM
i have the itachi episodes on dvd and i thought i saw 4 dots also but i will go back to make sure

Mut
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by: tonecapone
...i thought i saw 4 dots also...

no, you didn't.

PSJ
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:39 AM
lol mutata got the answers as usual i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif funny post.

yoshi. the black flame was just a jutsu itachi knew not something releated to the sharingan.