PDA

View Full Version : Question?

piasEnigma
Fri, 07-09-2004, 07:50 PM
in eps. 81 the thirds grandson calsl naruto "naruto onni-chan" i was wondering what this mean..
i looking around on the net i belive it means cousin?
i am most likely wrong sooo little help pls.
DANKE!

piasEnigma
Fri, 07-09-2004, 08:17 PM
And also, ive conclued that Naruto is infact the 4ths Son, in eps 82 itachi is asked by kakshi what he is looking for and he responed " we are after the 4ths legacy", meaning naruto.

pha q
Fri, 07-09-2004, 08:43 PM
usually it means brother not in the literal sense but just to show respect, I would think.

Kale Ironfist
Fri, 07-09-2004, 08:47 PM
you obviously have no grasp on Japanese grammar. for your first question, he meant 'brother Naruto' (onii-chan)
for your second question, legacy refers to the fact that Yondaime left Naruto in the world after he died (like a will, or something similar, although its highly likely he is Yondaimes son, its just there is no proof)

pha q
Fri, 07-09-2004, 08:52 PM
He 's not really looking for naruto but what naruto has inside him(The Nine Tails Demon Fox).

piasEnigma
Fri, 07-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Thank you for anwsering my question, and Kale Ironfist, i live in Wisconsin (in the united states if you dont know) so the Japanese languge very rarely comes up... infact.. the ONLY japanese ive ever heard besides anime is when my brother gf from japan calls to our home. kthx

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:21 AM
you dont need to be in contact with the japanese language more than through anime to understand the meaning of for example onii-chan. and lets not discuss naruto and the 4th more it has already been done 1 million times and if you want some info on it use the search function.

Eurasian
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:51 PM
the whole "naruto oniisan" thing is a very asian thing. just respecting older people.

yes, "4th's legacy" does not mean naruto his the 4th's son. legacy is what this person leaves behind, not necessarily a child. the 4th left behind a contained kyubi inside naruto.