PDA

View Full Version : 223 by Inane

paran0id
Fri, 07-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Get it at narutofan.com or your favourite place now!

Doc
Fri, 07-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Well it looks like next week we finally get to the day the Uchina clan gets wiped out. So I guess 2 week we'll be back to Naruto and Sasuke.

Noonan
Fri, 07-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Narutofan appears to be asplode - I guess I'll check back in a few hours

Kumiriko
Fri, 07-09-2004, 09:42 PM
1 or 2 weeks actually. The flash back. even i am getting board of. But the first page showed something intresting. I think a solid black eye even more so would be the Full Stregth of there Clans eye.

kaigan
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:23 PM
maybe the uchiha's bloodline evolve into a better one, and itachi has it.

overall, itachi pwnzor

hornetmike
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Well even after the translation, i'm neither impressed nor interested in those events. the mean pretty much nothing. except the part where sasuke's father tells him not to follow his brother. what a waste. Dammit, 2 more weeks of this. i'm not even intersted in the fight between naruto and sasuke anymore. extremely dissapointed. like the time i thought sakura was gonna change and nothing. if anything she's even lazier now.

highbass
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:42 AM
man.. i just started reading the manga and have read upto the recent release... got tired of waiting for the anime next episode to released and then i couldnt stop... one thing idont understand is why is everyone on itachis dick all the time... we havent seen shit of him... i personally would say that gaara was the coolest one so far... when he beat the shit outta kimmarro... plus 223 is so repeatitive.. we already know sasukes history.. i just wanna see sasuke fight!

Mut
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:47 AM
don't ever dis kimimaro or itachi. ever.

gaara didn't whoop anyone's ass. kimimaro only lost because of his illness.

benjaminz
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
don't ever dis kimimaro or itachi. ever.

gaara didn't whoop anyone's ass. kimimaro only lost because of his illness.

lol...

anywayz, itachi's eyes on page 2 looked hella freaky
and the repetition of these flashbacks are getting very annoying (itachi pokes sasuke's head *next time*)

Stoopider
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:00 AM
I personally thought this episode added a good character depth. Especially showing how a genius this Sasuke is. And finally after all the years always being in the shadows of Itachi, his dad finally recognized him. But only after I guess, his dad more or less disowened Itachi.

Masakari
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Don't know what chapter you were reading highbass, but if kimimamaro didn't die, he would've killed gaara and lee... and then died.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Interesting chapter, the eye thing added another dimension to itachi's character. Maybe it has something to do with the super fire jutsu he used in the frogs throat.

But yea im enjoying these flashbacks, its a good lead on into this fight, showing why sasuke has to leave

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-10-2004, 03:39 AM
It was a good chapter but as the most people im getting tired of the flashbacks.

If next week the chapter is about seeing Itachi destroying his clan agian it will very piontless chapter.

I dont even care about Sasuke vs Naruto now,i just wanted this arc to be finished.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 07-10-2004, 05:05 AM
Lol thats prittty pessemistic, i relish the series i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Coolman
Sat, 07-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Whats wrong with a lil flashback? Without them, Naruto would be a shitty manga, learning about the characters adds depth. They just need to release more episodes a week.

Besides, I want to learn about those Sharingan, those were insnae.

And his father actually acknowledged him, but the only reason he did, is because he now won't even look at Itachi.

ohpeekaboo
Sat, 07-10-2004, 08:34 AM
so far, i think most of you have said it right:

these flashbacks, while nice, are getting old and redundant.

the only two things we really learned this chapter were sasuke's father doesn't want him to go "after itachi" (whatever that means in sasukes' fathers' eyes) and that itachi MAY possess a yet unseen type of sharingan.

other than that it's the same boring crap about sasuke's desperate desire to make his father proud of him, which personally, is not even a story idea i'm all that crazy about, especially compared to say, naruto, who never worked for someone elses attention. just adds to the whole feeling of how sasuke's always been an ungrateful brat.

and they even had the nerve to repeat some flashback at the end.. i don't even feel like it was for the first time, either, maybe the 2nd actually..

Barumonk
Sat, 07-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by: ohpeekaboo
... especially compared to say, naruto, who never worked for someone elses attention. just adds to the whole feeling of how sasuke's always been an ungrateful brat...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Naruto's primary goal to be acknowledged by everyone? Sasuke only wanted to be acknowledged by his father and Itachi.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Barumonk makes a strong arguement, and im forced to agree with the information. They both seek acknowledgement.

Coolman
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Look, if your tired of flashbacks, stop reading this Manga.

Naruto seeks acknowledgement ALOT more then Sasuke does, Naruto wants the whole village to notice him, while Sasuke no longer seems to care as much, he just wants power to kill Itachi, doesn't need to be acknowledged, just powerful.

RasenDori
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:37 AM
there is nothing wrong with these flashbacks. they are not nearly as repetative as everyone says. we have seen some really interesting things as well.

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by: ohpeekaboo
so far, i think most of you have said it right:

these flashbacks, while nice, are getting old and redundant.

the only two things we really learned this chapter were sasuke's father doesn't want him to go "after itachi" (whatever that means in sasukes' fathers' eyes) and that itachi MAY possess a yet unseen type of sharingan.

other than that it's the same boring crap about sasuke's desperate desire to make his father proud of him, which personally, is not even a story idea i'm all that crazy about, especially compared to say, naruto, who never worked for someone elses attention. just adds to the whole feeling of how sasuke's always been an ungrateful brat.

and they even had the nerve to repeat some flashback at the end.. i don't even feel like it was for the first time, either, maybe the 2nd actually..

you obviously arent that observant while reading.... naruto seeks aknowledgement much more than sasuke does. and i can understand that he wants his fathers attention thats just normal for a kid. so how does this make sasuke an ungrateful brat? these flashbacks are great so if you dont like them stop reading.

Uukog42
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Id also like to comment on ohpeekaboo post...you do realize that Naruto always wanted attention too? That's why he used to be a prankster, to get attention.

The Lord of Morning
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:53 AM
all you people complaining about the flashback. we have had fights for months and i got SICK of them, god i wanted that to resolve but it took forever. now these flashbacks are great but i do agree three weeks should be enough.

but do you think any of you would complain if it was a flashback to the 4th and sealing of kyubi?

SasukesGirL
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:02 PM
people need to stop whining and try to enjoy. if you dont like what your reading then dont read it at all simple as that.

highbass
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by: Masakari
Don't know what chapter you were reading highbass, but if kimimamaro didn't die, he would've killed gaara and lee... and then died.

i dunno about that because gaara looked so fuckin calm (mind the french) when he was fighting kimmaro.. compared to kimmaro.. who was like going all out and shit... i dunno gaara looked so leet...

jing
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I just don't get some of you people, why don't you like the flashbacks? would you rather just go straight to the fight scene? and why would you even want to watch the fight scene in the manga? its noteven exciting as the animated fight scenes, flashbacks are good because they will strengthen character build, and also make the upcoming fightscene alot tenser, you know? You know, if you really don't like have flashbacks everyweek, then maybe you should be watching Power Rangers Ninja Storm every morning, they do the same jutsus but no flashbacks). you morons. some of you are probably 8 or 9 year olds that only understands that naruto has to beat everyone up ( thats acceptable due to your age though, so dont blame yourselves)

OK, lets now begin the start of the discussions, and no more whining plz babies.
Didn't you all thought itachi's sharingans were crazy? that was creepy.

Coolman
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Finally, some back-up. Without a good storyline, Naruto is shit, and Flashbacks are the way. Besides... that Sharigan is something to think about.

Also, Gaara is always calm when fighting, he just seems calmer because he doesn't talk to himself or his mother anymore, and he isn't a demon badger.

But Kimmi would've owned him. Because of his illness, he was most likely weak to start, and his fighting just went downhill from there.

Knives122
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:42 PM
This is taking so damn long by the time the fight between N and S happens summer will be over and we'll all be going to school again

SasukesGirL
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
This is taking so damn long by the time the fight between N and S happens summer will be over and we'll all be going to school again

And your point is? the manga isnt going anywhere so you can always come back to it.

Raven
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:15 PM
I think the reason people are finding the flashbacks so annoying is because we have to wait a week between chapters. You wait all week, finally get the chapter and when nothing really exciting happens it's a letdown (NB This isn't how I feel, btw, but some do).

I'm sure that if we had all the manga at once and we could read all these flashbacks in a row, probably 90% of people wouldn't complain. So really, aren't some of us complaining about the weekly wait rather than the content? The series has to have flashbacks for character development. I'm loving these flashbacks, it really helps me to appreciate Sasuke's position even more, I can understand his hatred, I'm sure it will become even clearer next week.

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:17 PM

what do you mean by that? that the flashbacks are boring, unecessary or crap? if you think so then why dont you stop reading? its not like anyone is forcing you to read. these flashbacks are great and are needed its not fun to just read fights for 5 months strait.

Knives122
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
I think the reason people are finding the flashbacks so annoying is because we have to wait a week between chapters. You wait all week, finally get the chapter and when nothing really exciting happens it's a letdown (NB This isn't how I feel, btw, but some do)

Yes that the reason, I dont have a very high patience for things like that, but even though its crap, Ill still read just b/c its part of the story

hornetmike
Sat, 07-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Jing dude, why such anger. I don't really mind flashbacks. i just don't like flashbacks that don't really reveal much. i think we all know that without the character development, this series would be crap. Yes we did learn some new stuff. but a lot of what was in 223, we already knew. like someone else said we wait an entire week for this and when it comes to the flashback we don't really get all that much info and are let down.

so what have we learned.
informative flashbacks=good
but redundant flashbacks=annoying

jing
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:17 PM

I think the reason people are finding the flashbacks so annoying is because we have to wait a week between chapters. You wait all week, finally get the chapter and when nothing really exciting happens it's a letdown (NB This isn't how I feel, btw, but some do)

Yes that the reason, I dont have a very high patience for things like that, but even though its crap, Ill still read just b/c its part of the story

If its crap, why are you reading it? Dammit. LOL i apologize for my anger then. It's just some people go dissing up naruto whenever it has flashback. Yes i do agree that redundant flash backs are dumb. but maybe kishimoto is going to do something even better, and this will just build up the intencity.

OKAY GUYS CAN WE SERIOUSLY STOP DISSING UP THIS CHAPTER AND GET ON WITH THE DISCUSSIONS. WHATS UP WITH ITACHI'S SHARINGAN...

Eurasian
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
i love the flashbacks. i use to hate sasuke, now i feel sorry for him.

itachi's insane sharingan eyes are probably the reason why he mastered them at such a young age. they hold so much power that they look like they are exploding. maybe when any sharingan user reaches that kind of level will that happen. who knows.

(have u guys ever notice that kishimoto draws the "turning on" of sharingan from an above angle? does that make any sense?? e.g. way back when sasuke finally met itachi and that group of police questioning itachi. but anywayz, they look like really creepy ghosts when he draws them like that.)

lil sasuke learned the fire-breathing jutsu (was it something like katon gokakyu no jutsu...i can't remember). he was so cute when his father said "as expected from my child" or whatever.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:50 PM
And as usual I'm the only one who loves the new chapter. I personally thought it was very cool to see how Sasuke learned his old signature jutsu.

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:55 PM
i liked it alot to. great to see sasuke work havent seen that since the chidori chapters and even that time he got some things almost for free(lee's speed) now he worked his butt off to get his dads approval that was great.

Coolman
Sat, 07-10-2004, 08:02 PM
I still like the Sharigan... I wonder what advantages the new "level" gives.

I don't really care about watching Sasuke progress, although seeing him actually work isn't bad. I really like learning about Itachi though, although i'd like to see someone actually do some damage to him.

Raven
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
And as usual I'm the only one who loves the new chapter. I personally thought it was very cool to see how Sasuke learned his old signature jutsu.
Hey, I loved it! And I'm the same, I thought it was great to see Sasuke develop one of his main techniques.

Mut
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:29 PM
anything about itachi = COOL.

anyone dissing anything about itachi = cock sucker.

EDIT: ok, lately, a lot of people have been overly sensitive and wanting to kill me because of my comments. so, i'll put something real... yeah, i'm liking the flashbacks. i think itachi and sasuke have more of a real interesting storyline and naruto does. they should change the title to uchiha.

or something.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:38 PM
hahha mut@t@ is in love with itachi lol, mayb u guys should get a room i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

But i am enjoying these flashbacks alot....it gives so much more depth to sasuke, emotionally towards sasuke i now feel alot of sympathy.

RasenDori
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:30 PM
great! we are on topic now. i have this much to say: this chapter proves one thing, although people believe that sasuke is a genius that doesnt have to work hard he doesnt have the natural talent of his brother. instead he has to work hard for it. this is also something that we have seen often in sasukes character. the tree training, the fact that he spends most of his free time at home training and the training before the finals of the third part of the chuunin exam. once sasuke trains hard his talent is greater then what some expect. his gokakyuu no justu was at his fathers level (if not higher) after trainning. i think that itachi understands this and this is why we see his strange behavoir towards sasuke.
about the itachis sharingan. it seems that that itachi has reached a level of sharingan beyond the three dots that allows him to do something that we have yet to see. when i think of this i also remember that level two curse seal improved the abilities that kidoumaru and kimimaro used. imagine if sasuke could reach the level itachi is on...could the seal give him somethin beyond that?

Mut
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:50 AM
the thing with sasuke's flashbacks involving itachi is that, we don't know if any of is true. itachi could've been genjutsu'ing sasuke everytime we've seen itachi activate his sharingan.

Noonan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Actualy Mut@t@ has a few points, as much as I disklike sasuke, at this point his character has had significantly more of his background revealed, We know more about what naruto is doing, but we have no idea whom naruto really is. Sasuke at least is getting some character development, and his singular focus on itachi is being much better explained by the current storyline than it was previously.

Aside from that I have another concern - the anime has a few more episodes on the Tsunade storyline, and then the VERY brief hospital storyline which will pretty much just be Rock Lee and Guy doing flashbacks for 3 weeks in a row followed by Naruto and Sasuke's first little dust up. And then this story line will start.

So if the Anime catches up to the begining of the "Chase" storyline and we still don't know how it ends, do you think we should all go into the Anime forum and start a thread called "Manga readers unable to spoil, this darn story arc still isn't over" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Lefty
Sun, 07-11-2004, 01:41 AM
the anime will take a break or do another arc that dosen't appear in the manag just to pad it out so they can let the manag get ahead. But yeah we should start a thread like that pretty soon. But all in all we the manga reader's are in for an intresting ride.

hopeknight
Sun, 07-11-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by: Noonan
Actualy Mut@t@ has a few points, as much as I disklike sasuke, at this point his character has had significantly more of his background revealed, We know more about what naruto is doing, but we have no idea whom naruto really is. Sasuke at least is getting some character development, and his singular focus on itachi is being much better explained by the current storyline than it was previously.

Aside from that I have another concern - the anime has a few more episodes on the Tsunade storyline, and then the VERY brief hospital storyline which will pretty much just be Rock Lee and Guy doing flashbacks for 3 weeks in a row followed by Naruto and Sasuke's first little dust up. And then this story line will start.

So if the Anime catches up to the begining of the "Chase" storyline and we still don't know how it ends, do you think we should all go into the Anime forum and start a thread called "Manga readers unable to spoil, this darn story arc still isn't over" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ah but you forget the animes plan to add a new character, therefore filler episodes might start happening after the current anime arc, so the manga should have time to finish the "Chase" arc before it starts up in the anime. Although, it makes you wonder just how many filler episodes they can come up with this character. It is a frightening thought indeed.

Either way, I think the rest of the Naruto/Sasuke battle will be fairly short once the flashback ends. I'm guessing after a little more fighting, Sasuke will go to Lvl 2 and kick the crap out of Naruto and leave.

jing
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Sasuke's a genius but no where his brother's level, because it took sasuke a quick time to learn the fire jutsu.

RasenDori
Sun, 07-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Mut@t@ does make an excellent point...but im not too sure if thats whats going on, although i wont rule it out as a possibility. noonan, what do you mean that we dont know anything about naruto. we know everything that we need to know. hes has noone and has been alone his whole life and we can pretty much assume how his life was like then. the only things that we dont know are things like who is family is, but that doesnt matter for the stories progression.

Masakari
Sun, 07-11-2004, 10:26 AM
the thing with sasuke's flashbacks involving itachi is that, we don't know if any of is true. itachi could've been genjutsu'ing sasuke everytime we've seen itachi activate his sharingan.

Although that's entirely possible, Itachi has very little motive to do something like that. Why would an evil genius try to make himself look good in front of his brother? Not like we can say he loves him, because he kills his own family in front of him later.

And if the anime catches up to the chase section before it's over, you could always pretend it's over and say something like "Yeah Sasuke kills Naruto and that's the end of the series." If enough people say it it might become believable i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

highbass
Sun, 07-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by: Coolman
Finally, some back-up. Without a good storyline, Naruto is shit, and Flashbacks are the way. Besides... that Sharigan is something to think about.

Also, Gaara is always calm when fighting, he just seems calmer because he doesn't talk to himself or his mother anymore, and he isn't a demon badger.

But Kimmi would've owned him. Because of his illness, he was most likely weak to start, and his fighting just went downhill from there.

i think you are forgetting that he had one of the demons in him (he doesnt have him anymore) but... gambuta (sp?) mentioned that it takes a lot of strength to withold the demon ... when he was fighting iwth gaara... besides that even when naruto had to summon into gambuta... it took a lot of strength... he had to use kyubbis chakara... im sure you guys will day he isnt stronger then kimmaro.. cause of just that but i dunno... gaara seemed like he was the shit. ..

edit: and i think he is the shit ... gaara > kimmaro... thanks!

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by: highbass

i think you are forgetting that he had one of the demons in him (he doesnt have him anymore) but... gambuta (sp?) mentioned that it takes a lot of strength to withold the demon ... when he was fighting iwth gaara... besides that even when naruto had to summon into gambuta... it took a lot of strength... he had to use kyubbis chakara... im sure you guys will day he isnt stronger then kimmaro.. cause of just that but i dunno... gaara seemed like he was the shit. ..

Do you ever make a smart post on these forums?

Ok, first. If Kimmi didn't die when he did, Gaara and Lee would both be dead. If he lived for 5 seconds long, Gaara would a hole through his body. He couldn't fight at full strenght from the beginning of the fight, yet, still had both of them going the whole fight. You saw how it ended... he died right there, and was barely hanging on at that point, the only thing keeping him going was his free will.

Masakari
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I don't think highbass saw the understood that last chapter of the fight completely... or read the part where Gaara says they would've died had Kimimaro connected with his attack before he died.

highbass
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:55 PM
i know wtf i read... he sucided with his last move that brings out all the bones out of his body... to do some dmg... so what? how does that make him stronger?

Himura_san
Sun, 07-11-2004, 01:06 PM
i know wtf i read... he sucided with his last move that brings out all the bones out of his body... to do some dmg... so what? how does that make him stronger?

If kimimaro was not ill, he would have easily skewered both Garaa and Lee, they even admit defeat when all is said and done. So saying Garaa > Kimimaro equates you to either a major Garra fanboy who ignores the facts or ignorant to the story.

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:10 PM
LOL, that might actually work, it would be cool for the story to revolve around someone else besides Naruto(maybe it can be Sakura(j/k))

AlbinoFury
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by: Noonan

few more episodes? more like 15ish or so, i mean you have the whole week before the fight, two big ass tsunade flashbacks, and the fight itself is long as hell

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:14 PM

He wouldn't have "suicided" if he was ill, that technique shouldn't have killed him. Its just he was ill.

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:33 PM
He lost because he was foolish enough to think he could beat someone while he was ill, its his own fault

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:53 PM
He lost because he was foolish enough to think he could beat someone while he was ill, its his own fault

True, but he served his purpose. Now Sasuke only has Naruto on him. If Kimmi didn't show up... Lee and Gaara would also be there.

jing
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:20 PM

I'm sorry dude, but it was totaly obvious he lost because he was ill. You want me to post the part on how he died? so you can see it with your own eyes.

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Jing, may as well. Judging by his posts, I doubt he even knows that Kimmi was ill.

Assertn
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:46 PM

did you just say that gaara doesnt have the sand demon shukaku in him anymore?? cause.....that would be a ridiculous assumption if you did. He was born fused with the spirit of shukaku, it would take alot more than that fight with naruto for him to lose it. Besides, having shukaku is how he can control the sand that he used against kimimaro

There's a good chance there will be a break of the story in the anime version, but there's no reason why that can't take place after this current manga saga. It will be long finished by the time the anime gets to this point. In fact, i cant imagine how they'd do it otherwise, since what does tsunade do after they return to konoha? heal kakashi and sasuke. and what is the FIRST thing on sasuk'e mind when he wakes up? yeah......itachi......

on topic, however........
whats this about katon being an uchiha thing? it's cool and all, but i KNOW ive seen other people perform fire jutsus (and im not just talking about the 3rd)

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 06:26 PM
The fire technique thing. Its not that only Uchiha's know them, its that they are all taught them. And everyone must master that technique to be considered a true Uchiha.

jing
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:04 PM
The Inane version said that once you learn katon you are considered an Adult.

The Lord of Morning
Sun, 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
it isnt a low level jutsu. its not chidori level but its more then what a normal genin knows. and being acknowledged as an adult doesnt mean you are elite, just that you are at least genin or chounin level.

I am sure anyone can do the fire jutsu, but uchiha specialize in it with many of their abilites i would guess.

kaigan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 09:04 PM
probably not a jounin, but about genin level.

Mut
Sun, 07-11-2004, 09:26 PM
why does highbass keep on talking acting like he knows what he is talking about.

i just wanna clear something up just in case people were confused (but none of you should be).

the last jutsu kimimaro did (the one that brings up many spikes from the ground) is not any sort of suicidal jutsu or a SUPER jutsu. it was just one of the 5 dances he mastered.

Knives122
Sun, 07-11-2004, 09:36 PM
maybe hes smoking the crack pipe

Noonan
Sun, 07-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Well I was exaggerating a bit - lets see,

Assuming - each episode covers 2 manga chapters on average, and that neither the manga or the anime takes any breaks for the next few months.

Anime Episode 90 ended with the end of chapter 158, (vol 18 of manga)
The Tsunade storyline - including the 3 Sannin fight goes all the way till the end of volume 19 (ch 171)
so about 14 chapters to cover (159 to 171 inclusive) or 7 episodes of anime

Then there is Volume 20 - Giant pile of flashbacks and character development at konohana + Naruto/Sasuke 1 - this is chapters 172 - 181 (inclusive) so 11 chapters or 5.5 anime episodes.

So the question really becomes, will the Naruto/Sasuke fight and flashbacks be over in the next 12 weeks?

Or will we be watching somebody elses flashback at that point and still going GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!!!

LOL

all things considered, other than how much the 1 on 1 fights got stretched out in vol 22 and 23 this a been a good story arc - since this one has ended with us finally getting to see why sasuke is such a doink I hope the next story arc gives at least as much development to one of the other "Main" Characters.

xtort
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:04 AM
I replied to this a bit back (when the thread was just overa page long), but unfortunately for me, the internet ate my reply. Thanks RoadRunner for yet another kick in the testes.

I loved this chapter. Some good info was shared, and a good story was told. All you people clamoring for more action, you're missing the good stuff. Fights are fights, and they're over with quick. You gotta get into the meat, the substance of the story, otherwise you're missing the best parts, cuz jeez... it's a good story. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

-xtortout

highbass
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:33 AM
why does highbass keep on talking acting like he knows what he is talking about.

i just wanna clear something up just in case people were confused (but none of you should be).

the last jutsu kimimaro did (the one that brings up many spikes from the ground) is not any sort of suicidal jutsu or a SUPER jutsu. it was just one of the 5 dances he mastered.

first of all i think we are all reading the same shit... and if you read my shit more carefully i said that i think gaara is cooler/seemed cooler in that fight wasnt tring to force my opinion into anyone of your moronic heads.

... second off about shaku (sp?) not being within gaara.. he isnt because gambuta said that shaku.. takes over a body of somone who is insominac... so if gaara isnt insomniac.. (seems like so because he isnt crazy anymore) then shaku isnt within him.

kenshi
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:40 AM
itachi said in chap 148 that, "until Tsukiyomi becomes Amaterasu, we should not use it." perhaps he was referring to the sharingan shown in the latest chapter. this may seems like a pure coincidence, but the sharingan that we usually see consists of 3 commas that surroud the pupil.... which also seems like 3 moons orbiting a planet. the change of sharingan shows a larger pupil minus the 3 dots, perhaps symbolizing the sun?

KevKoN
Mon, 07-12-2004, 03:01 AM

first of all i think we are all reading the same shit... and if you read my shit more carefully i said that i think gaara is cooler/seemed cooler in that fight wasnt tring to force my opinion into anyone of your moronic heads.

... second off about shaku (sp?) not being within gaara.. he isnt because gambuta said that shaku.. takes over a body of somone who is insominac... so if gaara isnt insomniac.. (seems like so because he isnt crazy anymore) then shaku isnt within him.

no, shukaku IS within him. its just that he can only be surfaced when gaara is asleep.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-12-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by: kenshi
itachi said in chap 148 that, "until Tsukiyomi becomes Amaterasu, we should not use it." perhaps he was referring to the sharingan shown in the latest chapter. this may seems like a pure coincidence, but the sharingan that we usually see consists of 3 commas that surroud the pupil.... which also seems like 3 moons orbiting a planet. the change of sharingan shows a larger pupil minus the 3 dots, perhaps symbolizing the sun?

I think you are absolutely right about that. So then, is Itachi only truly powerful when his Sharigan becomes the sun, with little solar flares shooting out of it? After seeing this chapter, we finally know what Itachi was talking about all the way back in 148.

I guess Mut@t@ was right, Itachi really is unbeatable, but only when it's his time of the month.

As for the anime rapidly catching up to the manga, aren't we assuming the manga has to be ahead of the anime? It would be pretty cool over there to read a chapter in the manga on Wednesday, and see it animated that night or next week. Buy Jump and watch the show about what you just read, full of advertisments? Smells like capitalism to me...

Coolman
Mon, 07-12-2004, 06:50 AM

God damn it. Thats it, I think we should start a poll for the forum retard. I nominate Highbass.

Ok, Gambunta also said you can tell about the rings around his eyes, last I checked, Gaara still has those. Gaara was always a lil crazy, not he isn't anymore, and has that shit under control. Shuka being bound to Gaara allows him to use the sand. It is the thing that makes it defend him.

Of course Gaara seemed cooler, but that doesn't mean he is stronger. Gaara doesn't fight himself, he has the sand to do that, so he sits back, and waits. He doesn't use any Taijustu that we have seen, or Genjutsu, all he does is manipulate the sand, so moving gives him no real advantage.

Highbass, every post I have seen of yours have been horribly thought out. How old are you?

EDIT: Back onto topic. Well, we gotta wait and see about teh Sharingan think. But.. the fire jutsu is about Chuunin level I am guessing. Its not that amazing, but not everyone is serious about becoming a Ninja in Naruto, so the bar is low, so everyone in the end is considered an "adult" Most ninja I am betting don't surpass the Chuunin level, so why give them a Jounin/ higher technique they couldn't preform.

Besides look at how quickly Itachi knocked down 3 Itachi clan members, all with their Sharingan's on. He was younger in that... so must be weaker then he is now, but a Jounin should be fast enough to dodge that, Kakashi with his 1 Sharigan /w no Itachi blood went for a while. So I am guessing they were only Chuunin level.

The Lord of Morning
Mon, 07-12-2004, 09:22 AM
gaara definatly still has shukaku, he just has him more under control. as coolman said he still has the bags under his eyes.

about itachi. i think the three uchiha he beat were good experienced fighters, but just not his level. hell we know that NONE of them are his level and he has already realized it. the uchiha are great, but the greatest of the great is a whole new level. I think he killed the clan (maybe the reason he stated) but i definatly think it was him, not someone else. I dont really understand the sun and moon reference but i am sure we will get more info on it later.

yeah i hope the flashbacks end but think about this, its been a while since we saw itachi in person, maybe after this flashback he is going to arrive?! we can only hope.

and i hope no more drawn out crappy fights. i know the other characters deserve their 15 min spotlight but plllllzzzzz no more. we definatly understand the skills of the other ninja's but it only goes to show how great naruto will become

Coolman
Mon, 07-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Actually... I'd like to see a Kakashi flashback, I wanna know about Obito, and if it was him that gave him the Sharingan, or someone else.

PSJ
Mon, 07-12-2004, 10:58 AM

shukaku was put in gaara from birth he cant just take him out. you become insomniac because of shukaku. shukaku takes over your body if you falls asleep therefore you cant sleep and is forced to be insomniac. i thought you read this series i guess not......

on topic: this chapter was great just like the other recent flashbacks the person who says that its crap shouldnt read naruto.

Masamune
Mon, 07-12-2004, 11:26 AM
[quote]
God damn it. Thats it, I think we should start a poll for the forum retard. I nominate Highbass.

Highbass, every post I have seen of yours have been horribly thought out.
[quote]

seconded

on topic.

as much as like story devlopment and flashbacks , i dont want it all at one time. ( dont get me wrong i've enjoyed these past chapters. i just dont want to see another 3 or so )
which shouldnt happen , cuz they're already at "that" day ....ANYWAY,

wanna see what that sharingan thing was , could've been itachi fugging with sasuke's mind though.

The fireball jutsu info was nice. also shows sasuke's talent in becoming a ninja. how quickly he could do the technique.
( most likely he learned it so fast , because he sought acknowledgement from his father.
which we can see too in naruto , as he seeks it from his village and friends ,why naruto can grasp techniques so quickly. but that's something totally unrelated bull**** from me.)

oh and itachi is one crazy guy >_<

hornetmike
Mon, 07-12-2004, 12:58 PM
I also have to say each post i've seen from highbass has definetely not been thought out. dude re-read the manga and read it carefully. there's no need to keep embarassing yourself when you continue to be wrong. maybe you just don't realize that you make mistakes or something. but stop fighting people on things your not sure enough about. heck i find that i make mistakes all the time. hence why we are here on the forums. to learn, discuss, and have a better idea about the series and what people know or think about. emphasis on discuss not argument or debate.

On topic.

Yeah, since leaf village is in the country of fire. i would make sense that many of the ninjas there use fire jutsus. we saw that when the villge was being attacked. but i would say odds are that the uchihas know more of the higher level jutsus of fire. they also incorporate them in their fighting like sasuke. as a matter of fact, during the first test, kakashi was surprised that sasuke knew and could use a fore jutsu at his age and level.

TwisT
Mon, 07-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Well a intresting thing.. In like Episode 2 or 3 when Kakashi have the Survival Traing Sasuke uses that Katon-jutsu and Kakashi is like, wtf a genin should not be able to preform that jutsu.. But i mean Kakashi has the sharingan probably because his great friendship with that Utchia-guy from his team.. And i mean when he got sharingan he should have researched about it to learn more.. Dont you think??

So there is so many resonds he should know that Sasuke should know that jutsu..

I guess it was made to make Sasuke seem like badass and Kakashi look even more badass when he beats him with ease..

But at least i think that Kakashi should have known that..

And about that Gaara part.. He would have owned that Sound-nin (dont have time to look up name).. I mean he did not even transform his body.. He only used his sandjutsus to beat himm.. I mean Gaara had som much more to in his arsenal..

Maybe that sound-nin also had more justus but that we will never know.. But we know for a fakt what Gaara have..

And for the dissing the chapter part.. Flashbacks are good.. I like the char-info you get so you know even more about the guys in the anime.. If you want to see fights and shit stop read the manga and start watching the anime only.. Because the flashbacks that take 3 weeks only take 1, max 2 episodes.. Or stop reading the manga for like 2-4 weeks and read them all att the same time..

And for the Itachis new Sharingan.. Its awsome.. Maybe he showed us that to build up Itachi more for a Itachi showdown in the nere future.. It must do something really cool.. Maybe for another Jiraiya vs. Itachi fight again.. This time both are rested and they will fight privetly so no one comes and interupt them..

And because Itachi closed his eyes when he used that black-flame jutsu (God of the Sun or something like that) and then we never saw when he opened them he may have to use that sharingan to use that jutsu..

Also in 222 i got the impression that Itachi said something like that he could not evolve or like the Sharingan could not evolve as long as he stay in the clan because the hold him back.. Or that was what he meant.. I could be wrong but that how i got it.. Probably thats why he killed the whole clan.. But also you saw that he cares about Sasuke to.. That is one think that was imortant with that..

But as i was saying Itachi probably is so stong because he did not follow the clan and did liek he wanted..

Maybe next episode will be another flash-back.. I would like that if it will be one that shows a little more about Itachi and his Sharingan.. And maybe it could show is a little more about What Itachi do for himself all the time..

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I have a confession to make: I don't like these flashbacks.

now, before you all jump at me with 'go watch DBZ, you retarted fuck' or 'you are just an idiot and you don't know that flashbacks are what makes the fights so good!!', let me ask you something.

is it possible to critisize the latest manga chapters without hearing your dumbass comments?

seriously, everytime someone says he doesn't like the chapters, you all charge at him and write really annoying stuff like "then stop reading the manga if you don't like it"... like any of us will stop just becuase some retarted ass told him to...

anyway, the reason why i don't like the flashbacks is becuase they're totally out of place, they could have been shown while Sasuke was thinking about joining the sound, or while he was 'dead' in the bucket (which will make it parralrer to how it happened, before, everytime Sasukeg gets a curse seal, we'd learn a bit more about him). but not now.

honestly, the flashbacks hadn't shown anything new so far, they just empthized on the relationship that Sasuke and Itachi had, which is nice and stuff, but we knew it all already.

after six months of waiting, we've finally got to the point that Naruto fights Sasuke again, is it really the time for a flashback? is it really aporopiate to show Sasuke's past after he says 'I've just awoken from my silly dreams"?

the timing of this flashback just isn't right, it could've been done much better.

Coolman
Mon, 07-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Iunno. If we had a flashback while Sasuke was in the bucket, there would still be moaning. Just live with them. You can't tell me that you aren't interested in Itachi's crazy Sharigan.

so, go watch DBZ, you retarted fuck! j/k, had to do that.

Lefty
Mon, 07-12-2004, 10:07 PM
If we can survive a ten episode fight from DBZ I think we can all survive a five chapter flash back. It's not that bad. Also this might be a lead into the time jump Naruto might have been knocked unconcouse from Sasuke's attack. Doubt' it but still we need to wait and see it could bethe best fight we have seen yet, actually it better be for all the hell we've been through to get here, but still be patient.

Knives122
Tue, 07-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by: Lefty
If we can survive a ten episode fight from DBZ I think we can all survive a five chapter flash back. It's not that bad. Also this might be a lead into the time jump Naruto might have been knocked unconcouse from Sasuke's attack. Doubt' it but still we need to wait and see it could bethe best fight we have seen yet, actually it better be for all the hell we've been through to get here, but still be patient.

LOL, yeah i remember those it would take like two weeks for a two minute fight

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-13-2004, 04:40 PM
The timing for this flashback could not have been better. If it came when Sasuke was arguing about whether or not to join the Sound, it would simply be a random insight in Sasuke's mind before deciding to do something we all knew he would do already. Coming like this, when his best friend has reached him, is the perfect build up. PLUS, it stays fresh in peoples' minds this way. If the flashback was when he was in the barrel, people would have forgotten half the flashback already. And if not, the suspense wouldn't be justified since it would just be stealing the spotlight from the other characters. This flashback is here and now because THIS is Sasuke's biggest moment in the entire series. And it's here, because his best friend is there to take part of it.

jing
Tue, 07-13-2004, 07:23 PM

you should stop creating your own version of Naruto. One more thing, we aren't joking when we said you should re-read Naruto.

RasenDori
Tue, 07-13-2004, 09:04 PM
The timing for this flashback could not have been better. If it came when Sasuke was arguing about whether or not to join the Sound, it would simply be a random insight in Sasuke's mind before deciding to do something we all knew he would do already. Coming like this, when his best friend has reached him, is the perfect build up. PLUS, it stays fresh in peoples' minds this way. If the flashback was when he was in the barrel, people would have forgotten half the flashback already. And if not, the suspense wouldn't be justified since it would just be stealing the spotlight from the other characters. This flashback is here and now because THIS is Sasuke's biggest moment in the entire series. And it's here, because his best friend is there to take part of it.

agreed
but it also serves the purpose of slowing down the pace... like the gaara flashbacks did. i got tired of all the fighting all and time and these flashbacks have picked up my interest. no longer does the clifhanger make me wonder how the good guys gonna come back, but instead it leaves me asking questions. thats a good feeling
i also wanted to note that something of extreme importance doesnt have to happen every issue. does every 20 pages of a book reveal and important issue? no ... its about the pacing...i can. wait 4 chapters for something really good to happen...its a lot better the piling it all together at once (ie. lee and the sound trio returning with in 2 weeks of one another)

off topic:
to the whole gaara thing... it doesnt matter if gaara had anything left up his sleeve...if kimimaro didnt die when he did both gaara and lee would have been dead...gaara says that himself

Mut
Tue, 07-13-2004, 09:56 PM

terra speaks the truth but i can't agree because of isaac's hair.

isaac reminds me of that blue haired girl from ikkitisousoesnaueasnn, especially when he had that eye patch. that porn anime has hoes fighting other hoes for no reason.

Assertn
Tue, 07-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
I have a confession to make: I don't like these flashbacks.

its just anxiety for whats to come
as much as i appreciate the flashbacks i admit im a little eager to move at a little quicker pace as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

thats a good point TwisT, kakashi SHOULDNT be too surprised to see an uchiha perform katon.....
but then again im sure even uchiha genins usually dont master the move until they're older

Uchiha Shisui
Wed, 07-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Considering these are the last days of Uchiha, where and when did kakashi get his sharingan? Was it from the Uchiha, Shisui who "comited suicide"? Also, there is no way there will be a time jump in the naruto manga. What, will Akatsuki suddenly decide to stop looking for naruto for 3-4 years? Thats not happenin. The more likely event is that Itachi interupt the fight while naruto is at his strongest. Sasuke will see him lose any intention of fighting Naruto and Itachi versus Sasuke begins. Personally, just by the power that sasuke is showing without any change in seal level makes me thing Nauto has no chance to win this. Sasukes power appears to be on par with that of Kimimaru's, but Itachi's a different story. The next couple of chapters will be interesting to say the least. ^-^

Noonan
Wed, 07-14-2004, 03:41 PM
They could always have a Sherlock holmes moment - Sasuke and Naruto go over the falls and everyone thinks they are dead for a few years..

but i doubt it.

jing
Wed, 07-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Yes thats right, im more interested on kakashi's sharingan, i hope it gets revealed soon.

Assertn
Wed, 07-14-2004, 05:17 PM
that'd be great if in one of the frames you see kakashi being all sneaky-like and tip toeing into one of the houses in the background, and then coming out with his left eye covered....have it happen during some important stuff between sasuke and itachi, so that only readers with a keen eye will spot it

Knives122
Wed, 07-14-2004, 05:20 PM
seeing how its only on sasukes memory of the days before his clann got wiped out, I dont think they'll put that in there

PSJ
Wed, 07-14-2004, 07:14 PM
that would be very very funny but i doubt it will happen, how can people think of kakashis shraingan when naruto and sasuke is about to fight? i just dont get it. the flashbacks are great but one more is the absolute maximum then i would like some more fighting. i just hope this last flashback isnt a repeat one of when sasuke comes back to the dead uchihas.

Legendary Nin
Wed, 07-14-2004, 10:43 PM
I've enjoyed all of these chapters so far...This is going to hopefully lead up to one of the greatest chapters so far.224 should be that missing piece for the puzzle we've been trying to put together for all too long.

hornetmike
Wed, 07-14-2004, 10:58 PM
you guys are right. this is sasuke moment in his mind anyway to prove his worthiness as an uchiha. i could see why he doesn't like being on par with naruto. cause e thinks of naruto as an idiot and screw up. he wants to prove to himself that he's as much of a genius as his family was. this fight will be great. though i hope we don't have a redundant flashback where we know about the stuff already. cause that would be annoying.

Baranthal
Thu, 07-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Hrm, couple of thougths.

The katon that Sasuke did is not gennin level. If you remember during the first training mission that Kakashi did with Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura, he commented that a genin should not be able to summon enough Chakra to perform that jutsu.

Kimimaro was stronger then Gaara. Pretty obvious to see that from the intent of the author. Now, you can make a case for the shukaku being stronger then Kimimaro. Shrug, yay for speculation. May as well ask if kimimaro could beat the nine tails i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

As to the flashbacks... I love em to death. Give me character depth, give me a reason to care about why sasuke is leaving, give me any reason to view Sakura as something beyond a token love triangle character(I'd love to see an arc btw where Tsunade teaches Sakura to use her "inner sakura", and she starts kicking some ass, other then tsunade and possibly temari the famele characters are weak as hell)

My roommate who has only watched the TV stuff commented the other day that Sasuke's obsession is very illogical. I sort of agree with him in a way, as he keeps blaming himself for the death of the clan, but hell, he wasn't even in the area when the incident occured. He shows up after everyone is dead. Other then a really bad rationilization that he could have stopped Itachi somehow beforehand, I hope the next couple of weeks clears up why he keeps blaming himself.

Uberbaka
Thu, 07-15-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
that'd be great if in one of the frames you see kakashi being all sneaky-like and tip toeing into one of the houses in the background, and then coming out with his left eye covered....have it happen during some important stuff between sasuke and itachi, so that only readers with a keen eye will spot it

Oh man, i can just picture it happening...

Frame one
Kakashi tiptoeing in a cartoonish manner
Frame two
Kakashi raising a kunai grinning broadly (as broad as a guy with a mask can)
Frame three
Kakashi legging it as fast as he can holding some guys head laughing evily.

Or not.

Raven
Thu, 07-15-2004, 08:35 AM
thats a good point TwisT, kakashi SHOULDNT be too surprised to see an uchiha perform katon.....
but then again im sure even uchiha genins usually dont master the move until they're older
I think it's just poetic license - because Sasuke had really only just been introduced as a character, they were trying to establish that he's a genius ninja and really powerful compared to other gennin ..... I don't believe we're supposed to think so deeply about the level of the jutsu and what Kakashi's reaction should be. I think it was just one of those character-developing moments, but I might be wrong.

Coolman
Thu, 07-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by: hornetmike
you guys are right. this is sasuke moment in his mind anyway to prove his worthiness as an uchiha. i could see why he doesn't like being on par with naruto. cause e thinks of naruto as an idiot and screw up. he wants to prove to himself that he's as much of a genius as his family was. this fight will be great. though i hope we don't have a redundant flashback where we know about the stuff already. cause that would be annoying.

Naruto > Sasuke. For just one reason, Kyuubi Chakra. Just summon up Gamabunta... one water bullet and its over.

But... until that happens... Sasuke is prolly stronger because of the superior taijustu, Naruto won't be able to move.

Assertn
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:23 AM
naruto wouldnt be able to summon gamabunta even if he tried....
unless sasuke threatens to kill sakura or something

naruto isnt very efficient with the kyubi chakra yet, he only manages to pull off really powerful things like massive bunshins or gamabunta when his friends' lives are on the line

Mut
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:50 AM

I think it's just poetic license - because Sasuke had really only just been introduced as a character, they were trying to establish that he's a genius ninja and really powerful compared to other gennin ..... I don't believe we're supposed to think so deeply about the level of the jutsu and what Kakashi's reaction should be. I think it was just one of those character-developing moments, but I might be wrong.

this is so true. people flip out on the smallest things. here is a good example: remember the time when kabuto's eyes went red? everyone was like "OMFG KABUTO HAS A SECRET ADVANCED SUPER BLOODLINE BECAUSE HIS EYES TURNED REDFHEUIAHFIAHSIDH!"

i was like "no fgts, it just means that he has more power than he is showing. it doesn't mean that he has special eyes like uchihas or hyugas."

ARG... i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Originally posted by: hornetmike

Naruto > Sasuke. For just one reason, Kyuubi Chakra. Just summon up Gamabunta... one water bullet and its over.

But... until that happens... Sasuke is prolly stronger because of the superior taijustu, Naruto won't be able to move.

a huge summon (like gamabunta) will never be summoned against a character who can't/don't have those big summon abilities. it just wouldn't be fair and it'd be dumb.

SK
Thu, 07-15-2004, 12:48 PM
imo right now sasuke > nauruto, i think in some other situations naruto may be more powerful, but right now i think sasuke is. imo naruto will lose to sasuke to make naruto have to train and become even stronger.

Coolman
Thu, 07-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I still think Naruto is stronger... just cause Kyuubi heals him, gives him unlimited Chakra, etc.

But... he is going to lose. Iunno how, but he has to lose so Sasuke can get to Oro.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Naruto wouldnt even need kyubi chakra to beat Sasuke now......

I just hope we see Naruto using rasengan before he loses.