PDA

View Full Version : Alot like the simpsons isn't it?

Cyan
Fri, 07-09-2004, 02:40 PM
http://www.animenfo.com/animeseiyuu,287,npcjre,takeuchi_junko.html

Take a look, you'll see. That is if you know who plays Bart Simpsons voice.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 07-09-2004, 02:52 PM
I've known Naruto was voiced by a woman for a long time, prob since around the beginning episodes, so I don't think it should come to any surprise, besides, many male/boy characters have woman voicing them in the original Japanese version. (i.e. Mokuba (who's done by Naruto's voice actress) , Edward and Alphonse, Goku, etc)

Medion
Fri, 07-09-2004, 09:29 PM
It's much easier, and can sound more natural, to pitch down your voice (that you can do by laxing your vocal cords) than pitch it up (which requires extra tension on the vocal cords). So having a woman pitch down her voice to dub a boy, or a young male (or any male character with a soft, not "rough", voice), can yeld more freedom to express emotions and naturallity than picking up a grown up man and having he dub in a higher pitch. Plus it's pretty hard for a male to mask a rough voice.

And using actual kids for dubbing is a bad idea most of the time, because usually dubbers become a lot better with experience (THERE ARE EXPECTIONS!), and kids have so little of it. Children with reasonable acting experience ususally happen to be at 10/12 years, and their voices is likely to not remain the same for too long, so it's only pratical for movies or something, not for a series with tons of episodes that must be dubbed for years.

Stoopider
Sat, 07-10-2004, 05:30 AM
LoL @ her blood being 'B'

Can't seem to get a grip that Japanese are crazy over bloodtypes.

Eurasian
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah, japanese magazines have sections where u can find ur perfect scent/perfume by matching ur zodiac sign and ur blood type. BLOOD TYPE!!!

i was pretty shocked to find out that naruto's voice is done by a woman, cuz naruto's voice isn't even feminine.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:52 AM
narutos voice was done by a girl, dam i thought that it was just some kid

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:53 AM
heh , nope, not a kid, i think most children characters are voiced by women

Mut
Sun, 07-11-2004, 01:18 AM
a lot like pokemon too.

Karasu
Mon, 07-12-2004, 04:17 AM
hehe yeah It can be hard to notice the woman behind the voice i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif But aslong as it suites it dont matter who does the voice.. Monkey D Luffy in One piece is a woman doing the voice (she's like 50 years i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif) aswell as alot of others allready mentioned.

Krbadass
Mon, 07-12-2004, 04:53 AM
Sasuke sounds like hes a 35 year old man.

woofcat
Mon, 07-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I still dont understand how this is like the simpsons. is it just because of the female voice acting. If so ALOT of animes/cartoons do that. Its easyer that dealing with children, no one likes children.

wirm
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by: Krbadass
Sasuke sounds like hes a 35 year old man.

the "cool" characters in anime tend to have deep voices.

It does freak me out that Sasuke sounds like that though

Cyan
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Simpsons,

Blonde Spikey haired kid who's up to michief most of the time, whos voice is played by a woman.

Naruto,

ditto.

Naturo's ton's better of course.

Knives122
Mon, 07-12-2004, 01:27 PM
nobody watches the simpsons anymore, its stupid

its all about family guy now(which comes out again in 2005)

woofcat
Mon, 07-12-2004, 02:18 PM
go team family guy. Will it be on ....... FOX

Knives122
Mon, 07-12-2004, 04:14 PM
dont know, it might be on adult swim

Jessper
Mon, 07-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by: woofcat
go team family guy. Will it be on ....... FOX

I remember them saying something about being quite happy that Adult Swim brought back the popularity for Family Guy so it Will be on Adult Swim sometime but I think it is supposed to be on Fox first.

Deblas
Sun, 07-18-2004, 04:58 PM
just because the voices of naruto and bart were done by a women doesnt mean they are similar.really stupid comparison.

And knives your right Family Guy ROCKS!!!