PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Face Manga!

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-09-2004, 03:49 AM
I've not seen anyone recommend this manga/comics here yet, so I'll take the chance to recommend it to all of you. This is one of the funniest comics that I've bought so far and I've recommended lots of friends on this title and they luv it after reading the 1st two volumes.

Click on the following link to have a look of the 6 volumes: http://server6.uploadit.org/files/NovJoe-prettyfacefull1.jpg

I'm not very sure if there's any BT sites to d/l the manga or any page to view through in the net but I'll try looking for one. I really hope that there'll be anime of this manga as it's really funny, like Midori No Hibi Days i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

kAi
Sun, 04-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, I didn't think there was a pretty face thread, well it's finally coming closer to the ending, which i've heard many times that it isn't that good.
This manga is a good one to get, it's pretty damn funny.

If you want this manga, check out www.akatsukimanga.com or #akatsuki-manga @ irc.irchighway.net

Chapter 49 is out, the start of this story is really good.
I don't think there are many more chapters to go though.

BravoSector
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:41 AM
This is one of the funniest mangas ever. I heard that it was only 52 chapters though. Does anyone know if anymore have been drawn outside of Shojen Jump?

kAi
Sun, 04-24-2005, 08:46 AM
I don't think so I've heard many times from alot of people that this has a bad ending to it, but it could be fixed up later down the track maybe, but I don't know.
I thought it was 56 chapters though.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-24-2005, 09:47 AM
After reading chapter 49, I'm not suprised its ending soon, what a crazy chapter considering how the series was going until now.

kAi
Mon, 06-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Akatsuki just released chapter 51, after ages.

haha the alternate ending 1 is cool, this will be finishing up REAL soon.
Such a good series coming to an end, hope it doesn't fuck up, but it's going good so far.

Lefty
Wed, 06-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Just read everything up to 51 in one sitting. This is great sereis, it feels right ending after this many chapters. it would have begun to get a little stale and overdone if it went on anylonger. Can't wait for the ending.

kAi
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
haha, finally someone answers, i agree completely to what you said.
(It's a cool, funny original story.

Also, can't wait to see the alternate endings, haha, that first one was cool.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 06-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Does it end after 50 so chapters? Cause i like Midori No Hibi so i thought about reading this manga,but if it ends soon then i can wait till its over.

kAi
Wed, 06-29-2005, 08:10 PM
I heard it would end at around 56, there'll still be quite a wait, as a-m take a while to release this manga.

Stoopider
Sun, 07-03-2005, 08:45 AM
At first was good, then got a bit long. Good their finishing up now.

kAi
Sun, 07-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Yeah, if it was too go any longer it would suck, this manga is at it's end, if there was to be anything else, it would get repetative.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 08-03-2005, 02:34 AM
It's rather painful waiting for the scanslators to finish this series. I know that it's a lot of work done for free, but it's driving me crazy. This is such a great series. I want to see the end.

I think that the real Yuna is going to ask Randou to date Rina. I feel a little bit bad for Natsuo though. She's stuck by Randou all this time, but it's all for nothing.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-03-2005, 07:39 AM
At the same time though, Rina would have asked Randou out (or more likely accepted his confession if he ever got around to it) but with Yuna gone, she was too worried to do anything about it.

I never really thought much about Natsuo, she seemed more like a friend to me than ever having a chance. Not to mention that she really didn't put too much effort into it, though to her credit he did look like Yuna.

aznimperialx
Thu, 08-04-2005, 04:23 PM
this WAS a good manga

kAi
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Well, pretty face has ended with chapter 52.
#akatsuki-manga @ irc.irchighway.net

People said that it was a shit ending, but I liked it because it was left open.

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-09-2005, 07:16 AM
I kinda enjoyed it too. It was probably one of the better ways to end it. The first and second alternate endings were terrible.

It's a short and good manga if you want a fairly quick read.

kAi
Tue, 08-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, if it was to go any longer it would just get too repetitive, and would make it bad.

aznimperialx
Wed, 08-10-2005, 12:06 PM
the ending sucked. How could that girl be so selfish??

Lefty
Wed, 08-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Well I think hte ending worked out for all parties involved. It's win win for everyone. Trit, but fitting end.

kenren
Wed, 09-21-2005, 08:10 AM
heh , i just finished this manga.
i actually enjoyed this manga. yeah..fitting end.

Munsu
Wed, 09-21-2005, 08:47 AM
I have to finish this up...

I'm glad most of you think it has a good ending, when I heard they were eding it, it seemed to me that it would be a premature ending and a very bad one at that... I guess I'll have to go back and find the last couple of chapters

kenren
Wed, 09-21-2005, 08:50 AM
they made up a few endings and those dont really make sense i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Finally finished this shit up...

It was a good ending, we can say everything was pretty much resolved, though I was hoping that at some time in the manga Randou would tell everything to Rina while he was wearing Yuna's face... Nonetheless, I'm satisfyed with the ending, and it's not always that I say that about a manga/anime... It's actually rare...

Munsu
Mon, 09-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Here's chapter 53, apparently an Extra chapter:

http://download.chupatz.com/Pretty_Face_v06_c053_Extra[A-M].zip

kAi
Mon, 09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
That was a nice chapter, it gave you a little more, which is good, but it isn't a continuation, although sometimes I would like to see one, it would probably ruin the manga as a whole if it did.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 09-12-2006, 05:15 AM
Wow, I didn't think I'd ever be reading this series again. Hell, I had completely forgotten about Pretty Face. It's really is a good series. Thanks a lot Bud.