PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Average Strenght of a Jounin and Chunnin?

Coolman
Thu, 07-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Well, most people look back, and talk about how characters like Zabuza are so weak, yet, wouldn't be be considered a strong Jounin? Compared to people like the Sennin, or members of the Akatsuki, he is insanely weak, but on average Jounin standards, isn't he quite high? Kakashi had a hard time with him, and he is a "specail jounin"

Hear me out. In the series for example, when the leaf is attacked, and the ANBU/ Jounin's of the leaf counter-attacked, the Sand and Sound Jounin get slaughtered... fast.

Also, look are characters like Mizuki, Iruka, Demon Brothers, etc. They are all considered Chunnin's, yet they are incredibly weak in comparison to this years Gennin's. I know this years Gennin's are exceptional, but have any strong Chunnin's been shown? Is Iruka and the others really the strenght of the average Chunnin? Apart from Itachi, before joining the ANBU.

kakashi_gurl
Thu, 07-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Strength doesnt necesarily matter...look at shikamaru! compare neji/naruto/sasuke to shikmaru..he'd be a weakling..

becoming a chuunin doesn't always mean having strength and chakra..
it also involves strategy

Coolman
Thu, 07-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Shikamaru is strong. His shadow strangling move kicks ass. Not only that, but his strategies are amazing, he could hold his own very nicely verus any of them, if not win. Neji and Naruto need melee combat to win, and the closer they get, the best for Shikamaru. Sasuke would be more of a problem /w his fire techniques, and Sharingan.

And he is still stronger then the any of the Chuunin's.

PSJ
Thu, 07-08-2004, 07:04 PM
the genin arent all that powerful and zabuza is not weak he is comparable to kisame. they are at similar strength. naruto and the gang just seems ultra powerful because all of them knows one ultra supermove and nothing more. a jounin is far more powerful than this.

jing
Thu, 07-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Man, Zabuza tried to assasinate the mist kage. Mist kage probably sucks but thats not the point, Zabuza was probably a really good jounin. But we all know that the leaf's jounins are higher than average other village jounins.

Coolman
Thu, 07-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Of course a Jounin is more powerful, if Kakashi fought Naruto and Sasuke, he would kill them very quickly. I am comparing the Gennins to the Chuunins that have been shown. Since all the Chuunins should have been weak. Although yeah, all the Gennin's so far have one master technique, thats it.

But Jounin wise, I have seen alot of posts here say how weak Zabuza is and stuff, yet he is one of the stronger Jounins released. Kakashi almost lost the first time, and exhausted most of his Chakra both times fighting him. Although I would say that Kisame is much stronger then Zabuza... mainly because his sword eats Chakra.

Edit: Jing, iunno. I'd say alot of Leaf Jounin are weaker. Its just because the show doesn't focus on them much. Kakashi, Gai, and the others are some of the higher ones.

BTW, while I have this thread. How strong was Haku? Zabuza said "no one has escaped his master technique, yet, Sasuke came damn close, and in normal hand-to-hand combat, Haku got beaten in speed, before he copied Lee's insane Taijutsu.

Mut
Thu, 07-08-2004, 07:54 PM
personally, i don't see why everyone wants to suck haku's dick. they love him so much and think so highly of him. i bet that haku has only used his technique against weaker people so that's why no one has been able to escape it. i'm 100% positive that kakashi could've man-handled haku.

Assertn
Thu, 07-08-2004, 08:18 PM
the average strength of a jounin is 512 lbs (232 kg)
while the average strength of a chuunin is only 331 lbs (150 kg)

PSJ
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by: Coolman
Of course a Jounin is more powerful, if Kakashi fought Naruto and Sasuke, he would kill them very quickly. I am comparing the Gennins to the Chuunins that have been shown. Since all the Chuunins should have been weak. Although yeah, all the Gennin's so far have one master technique, thats it.

But Jounin wise, I have seen alot of posts here say how weak Zabuza is and stuff, yet he is one of the stronger Jounins released. Kakashi almost lost the first time, and exhausted most of his Chakra both times fighting him. Although I would say that Kisame is much stronger then Zabuza... mainly because his sword eats Chakra.

Edit: Jing, iunno. I'd say alot of Leaf Jounin are weaker. Its just because the show doesn't focus on them much. Kakashi, Gai, and the others are some of the higher ones.

BTW, while I have this thread. How strong was Haku? Zabuza said "no one has escaped his master technique, yet, Sasuke came damn close, and in normal hand-to-hand combat, Haku got beaten in speed, before he copied Lee's insane Taijutsu.

we havent seen any of the chuunin fight so we dont know how strong they are(exept mizuki) but i dont thik we can count him.

haku is like all the other genin he had one powerful jutsu then sucked in all other fields.

Raven
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Whoever said Zabuza was weak? I don't really recall anyone saying that. He's not weak, he's a master assassin. I think he'd easily slaughter Kisame, he'd use stealth and assassination techniques and take Kisame's head off before he knew what was happening. From what we've seen Kisame only uses brute force and charges into battles - no match for Zabuza's style.

And you've got to remember - the reason Sasuke/Naruto/Neji seem stronger than chuunin level nins is because of poetic license (is that the correct term?) - they're the main characters, of course they're going to be stronger than no-names.

PSJ
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:40 AM
neji is not a main character but its okay to count him as one of the stonrger tho you also forgot gaara...

Stoopider
Fri, 07-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Are they that fat?

Coolman
Fri, 07-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Gaara could take out the strongest Chuunins with ease I bet. Judging on his last fight in the manga... he has a lot of cool new sand Jutsu's. Him and Neji are main characters in a way, cause they haven't been dropped yet, and are still involved in the current arc.

The Manga made Haku out to be so strong, what with what Kakashi said as well, but yeah... I doubt Haku was really THAT great. He had the Ice Mirror Jutsu... but his Taijustu was just crap, plus, he almost got smoked by Naruto's shuriken.

Chuunin wise, the show has to release some more. They either focus on purely Gennin's, or the extreme Jounin/Sennin/Hokage type battles. What do the 4 sound nin qualify as? I mean, they needed curse seal level 4 to beat 2 Jounin's low on Chakra.

Masakari
Fri, 07-09-2004, 02:03 PM
if I remember correctly, the sound nin only use a cursed seal of level 2, and using that they still lost to the genin, (except for the three that the sand trio helped beat, but they were still beaten by genin). They would probably be chuunin level though, because they used their curse seal to beat jounins that they outnumbered, so they are probably not jounin level, and they seem to be past genin because orochimaru favor them a lot.

Then when you think about it, do the sound ninja have ranks at all?

kaigan
Fri, 07-09-2004, 10:03 PM

what the......where did you get this?

piasEnigma
Fri, 07-09-2004, 10:26 PM
his ass.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Stoopider
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Indeed. This forum has a mild reputation of trollers especially when it comes to threads that are based on pure speculation.

Like I've said before. Naruto ain't like DragonBall.. you can't quantify a persons strength based accordance to their chakra or so what not.

Hence...

Naruto = 180kg
Sasuke = 152 kg
Kakashi = 290 kg

Coolman
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Meh, but you can judge it on Shakra Capacity, Taijustu skill, Ninjustu skill and Genjustu skill to get a feel for their strenght.

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Gaara could take out the strongest Chuunins with ease I bet. Judging on his last fight in the manga... he has a lot of cool new sand Jutsu's. Him and Neji are main characters in a way, cause they haven't been dropped yet, and are still involved in the current arc.

The Manga made Haku out to be so strong, what with what Kakashi said as well, but yeah... I doubt Haku was really THAT great. He had the Ice Mirror Jutsu... but his Taijustu was just crap, plus, he almost got smoked by Naruto's shuriken.

Chuunin wise, the show has to release some more. They either focus on purely Gennin's, or the extreme Jounin/Sennin/Hokage type battles. What do the 4 sound nin qualify as? I mean, they needed curse seal level 4 to beat 2 Jounin's low on Chakra.

no neji and gaara are not main characters. according to your logic all the characters involved in the current arc is main characters but thats not the case. the 3 main characters are still naruto, sasuke and sakura. the sound 4 is probably average chuunin or something.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:30 AM
an avarge chunin is probably Kankaru or Shino, while an avarge jounin is probably Asuma...

yes, i'm aware that my avarge chunins are genins, but we haven't seen many chunins yet... and the ones who were in the first exam as cheating detectores were the chunin elite...

Kankaru and Shino both seem to have both the fighting ability and the strategic ability that a chunin needs, but neither of them has supreme abilities, so i think both of them can represent the avarge chunin...

Coolman
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Jiraiya - fair nuff I guess. Although I'm not sure if Sakura is really considered a main character anymore. Lately she hasn't done anything. At the beggining she was there, but she is starting to fade away, and just become a character that cheers the others on. That is, assuming Tsunade doesn't teach her a thing or two.

Death Boo Z - That seems about fair. Temari would also be considered a Chuunin. She was pretty good while fighting Shikamaru, she was able to thing ahead and calculate his shadow, although she wasn't quite good enough, she still did well, and has one hell of an attack.

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:12 PM
how is temari concidered a jounin?

Coolman
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Sorry, Chuunin. My bad.

But she had the skills required to... Powerful, yet not insane like Naruto and Neji.

PSJ
Sat, 07-10-2004, 01:51 PM
yea for chuunin but not for jounin.

kaigan
Sat, 07-10-2004, 07:59 PM
agreed

Eurasian
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:14 AM
u don't really want to watch chunnin fight. we watch the genins fight because...well, naruto is a genin. we watch jounins fight because when really strong fight, it's exciting.

chunnins are not all about the brute strength. it's their leadership ability or how they can protect their teammates.

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
u don't really want to watch chunnin fight. we watch the genins fight because...well, naruto is a genin. we watch jounins fight because when really strong fight, it's exciting.

chunnins are not all about the brute strength. it's their leadership ability or how they can protect their teammates.

Good point. But gennin vrs chuunin fights are waht we are going to be moving into. I doubt they are going to release many more Gennin's with this years kind of talent.

Assertn
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Are they that fat?

no no, strength is different than WEIGHT i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I think AssertnFailure was refering to the max weighet the chunin\jounin could put out with a fist.
think a couple of years back, to the days you believed there's no anime better than DBZ, i'm talking about ep 194 (200 jap version), where the Z fighters hit a machine to determinate strength. most of the normal fighters scored 70-100...
so since Ninjas are at least 4 times better than normal people, i guess his calculations are righ on spot...

sorry, i've read too much Hajime no Ippo today, so my head's all wrong with boxing stances and terms, go figure... i just feel that my punches are alive!

Assertn
Sun, 07-11-2004, 06:18 PM
lol, well that and i like to answer topics like these with a sarcastically serious tone i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 07-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

no neji and gaara are not main characters. according to your logic all the characters involved in the current arc is main characters but thats not the case. the 3 main characters are still naruto, sasuke and sakura. the sound 4 is probably average chuunin or something.

Thats changed, I dont see Sakura at all anymore.

In the current arc, the main gennin chars are:
Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru.

Deblas
Sun, 07-18-2004, 07:04 PM
she didnt do much anyway

Uchiha Shisui
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:49 PM
The two main characters have been and always will be Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto has a demon inside of him, and much of his history remains a history. What happened to his parents? Is he related to the 4th? Plus his future is filled with possibilities. can he become Hokage? How much power will he release this time? When will Akatsuki strike next?
Sasuke is a main character because he has the Sharingan, which is deeply rooted in the manga, his brother happens to be one of the strongest ninjas alive, he is a "sole surviver" (always good for plot development, and hes Naruto main rival. Its interesting to see there relationship sway from simple grudge, to close friendship, to burning hatred.

Coolman
Wed, 07-21-2004, 06:53 PM
I have almost lost all hope in Sakura. I don't know how Kishimoto will work here into being trained by Tsunade. She has become a whiny bitch at this point in time.

Naruto an Sasuke will be main characters, although Sasuke will drop out from time to time.

Assertn
Sat, 07-24-2004, 08:34 PM
they shift the major protagonists around all the time......

1st saga: naruto, sasuke, sakura, kakashi
2nd saga (part 1): naruto, sasuke, sakura, kiba, hinata, shino, shikamaru, ino, chouji, lee, neji, tenten
2nd saga (part 2): naruto, jiraiya, sasuke, shikamaru, kakashi, gai, 3rd hokage....a bunch of other jounins......
3rd saga: naruto, jiraiya, tsunade, shizune
4th saga: naruto, shikamaru, kiba, neji, chouji, gaara, kankuro, temari, lee

sakura, hinata, and the other girls are ridiculed about being useless, but im certain its just a matter of time until they play a big role in a later saga
thats one of the great things about this series, is that despite it being named after one person, there are LOTS of other characters that play important roles
in fact it kinda reminds of chrono trigger in a way......with a bunch of characters having different abilities and being grouped differently depending on what point in the story is taking place....which also effects the kind of team strategies you can apply

Wererat42
Thu, 08-12-2004, 01:56 PM
This is my first post in these fourms.

If you look at how good a Chunnin is by how well he/she protects their team, then I'd have to say Shikamaru has done a pretty lousy job so far. If all five of them had they had taken on each of the Sound Four, then they probably would have finished faster, lost less Chakra, and still been in the condition to keep going. But then again, Shika didn't know about the cursed seals.

Mut
Thu, 08-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by: Wererat42
This is my first post in these fourms.

If you look at how good a Chunnin is by how well he/she protects their team, then I'd have to say Shikamaru has done a pretty lousy job so far. If all five of them had they had taken on each of the Sound Four, then they probably would have finished faster, lost less Chakra, and still been in the condition to keep going. But then again, Shika didn't know about the cursed seals.

i think if every member of team leaf stayed behind to fight one guy each time then that would've allowed the barrel carrier to escape easily. and besides, it was only a matter of time until kimimaro came and he would have wiped out the entire team and then fought gaara and co.

Assertn
Thu, 08-12-2004, 02:01 PM
except if you paid attention....most of the genins chose to fight on their own so that the rest of the team can pursue sasuke
they all offered their lives for the mission......

besides....consider the fact that this is prolly shika's FIRST mission as a chuunin.....i think he's doin pretty good

Naruto-
Thu, 08-12-2004, 05:25 PM
ur rite coolman
y is zabuza sooooooooooooooooooooo weaker then the ataksuki and u no the sannins.
and hes like a Jounin.
Well time passed so there are more good characters coming out.
but wat wonders me is that Naruto is a Genin and he wasted KABUTO. That confuses me badly

Y
Thu, 08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
There are no "power levels" for a Chuunin or Jounin, obviously, since one of the weakest Genin was the only one promoted to Chuunin.

The positions aren't based on power. An elite Genin would whoop an underacheiving Jounin's ass.

Inazuma Kami
Wed, 08-18-2004, 03:58 AM
I don't think there is strong jounin and weak one's.

Look at the Info Card from the Spy in the Chuunin Exam .
That's the way we must see how power full a ninja is .

Stamina-Taijutsu-Genjutsu-Chakra-Tactic

Why Lee lost against Gaara ? Lee couldn't use Ninjutsu

Assertn
Wed, 08-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by: Naruto-
ur rite coolman
y is zabuza sooooooooooooooooooooo weaker then the ataksuki and u no the sannins.
and hes like a Jounin.
Well time passed so there are more good characters coming out.
but wat wonders me is that Naruto is a Genin and he wasted KABUTO. That confuses me badly

if zabuza was sooooooooooooooooo weaker, then how is it that he couldve killed kakashi had naruto not tricked him?

PSJ
Wed, 08-18-2004, 01:27 PM
chuunin's average strength is that of a chuunin. jounin's average strength is that of a jounin. i hope i cleared it up for all of you.