PDA

View Full Version : Hand Seals and givin the secret away.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 07-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Alright, I can understand why hand seals are important, but why do they have to say what jutsu they're using also. Seems to me that that both wastes time, and gives the enemy a moment to figure out whats up and defend or counter?

Mut
Thu, 07-08-2004, 12:56 PM
you're thinking too much into this...

they do it for the 'cool' effect, that's all.

Masamune
Thu, 07-08-2004, 01:14 PM
most of the time they dont "say" it

almost never say th actual techinue....cept for naruto.

its more like you hear them think.

frexeze
Thu, 07-08-2004, 01:16 PM
it lets you know what theyre doing

and all those cool names they come up with would be useless without it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

japanaman
Thu, 07-08-2004, 02:01 PM
i agree, it would not be as cool and/or dramatic without the names

Scorpio V1.2
Thu, 07-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Some moves they use don't always require the name to be screamed out ( Eg: replacement techniqe) but sometimes when the name is said it sometimes adds to the atmosphere ( Eg: when the 3rd realises that orochimaru is going to use that forbidden soul resurection techniqe)

woofcat
Thu, 07-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Ok. Not every Ninja knows every techniqe. Many techniqe's are only used by members of the village. Im sure if Saskue ran to the Mist and used Chindori they would not know what it is even on a jounin. My point is that even if you sceam out "1000 Birds!" everyone is just going to look at you. they have no clue that it is massivly powerful.

Eurasian
Thu, 07-08-2004, 04:25 PM
i think they say it for us (the audience) to know. so we know what it's called. i agree w/ Mut@t@ that it adds to the effect or whatever.

Goingin
Thu, 07-08-2004, 04:28 PM
As said it does add the "coolness" effect to the jutsu, but there is also something else to it...

When u say or scream out something when u do a move (or whatever) u are able to put ur mind to it and thus making such a move more powerful...

It's even so in real life..
Like, when u do some heavy lifting u can give just that bit more power to lift something up when u scream or make some other loud noise...

jing
Thu, 07-08-2004, 05:16 PM
yeah man,
you don't say KAWaRIMI NO JUTSU in a hokage battle uno.... you just don't say that.

frexeze
Thu, 07-08-2004, 06:43 PM
lol

next time i go to the gym i'm goign to yell KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU while i lift

CheesyPuffs144
Fri, 07-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Note that when ANBU/AonE subs Nar, they put the names of the techniques on top. I think they interpret characters yelling out the name of the techniques as letting the viewer know what techinique they use.

Pyron
Fri, 07-09-2004, 10:53 AM
i think again that this is another topic where people try to apply things that should happen in real life into the anime. its just a show..plus if they didn't say what the jutsus are called what would we call them?

Goingin
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Ehmm.... don't u people ever get away from the pc and do some physical heavy work?

Masakari
Fri, 07-09-2004, 01:32 PM
I've seen on a number of occasions the person saying the technique under their breath. Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't necessarily scream it out for their opponents to hear it. And Naruto tends to scream his techniques, but his fighting style is so blatently obvious that screaming doesn't really give him away. Except when he does little strategies where he hides a shadow clone or something. The more I think about it, the more I realize Naruto is a horrible ninja...

Ryogo
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:58 AM
i was just going to say that, it depends on the situation (if u want to put urself in the anime, when realistically it's just for drama, i mean in real life you dont stop in the middle of a fight to talk with the other guy, like they do in animes all the time.) when they're fighting, i dont think whispering or yelling th technique will make a difference, unless the person knows the technique and knows how to counter/dodge it whatever, which is not very likely becuase even if they can counter it, they just dont throw a technique at them when they're ready. and yes, we all know naruto is just a chakra whore who has no real fighting style.

r3n
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:27 AM
sometimes the handseals for certain moves are shortened in action scenes aswell

Deblas
Sun, 07-18-2004, 03:50 PM
we all know naruto is just a chakra whore who has no real fighting style.[/quote]

Not true

viza
Mon, 07-19-2004, 02:11 AM
I think it's us hearing them think... Maybe the are telling their opponent which technique they are going to use to rip them a new one.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 07-20-2004, 06:52 AM
correct me if i am wrong but in certain culture they belief by muttering certain word will cause certain effect. eg to the egyptian, knowing certain names allows u to have certain power. eg when Osiris mum (forgot what's her name) tricked Ra in revealing his name. also i think in the Hebrew culture some words actually have magical means thus the cabbalist scholar.

and to ninjutsu, seals and some writtings actually contain those magical means. without making those hand gesture one cannot perform the desirable actions i guess. i know to us when we do seals nothing except laughter and weird looks from people around us are achieve but in that fantasy world it actually could be deadly

just like according to hebrew legend. by inscribing the word Emet and place the scroll in a clay doll and u'll get a golem. and by erasing the E u get met (death) thus destroying it. in legend it may be possible and it is the only way to construct a golem, but inreality that is just nonsense.

same rule apply here. ninjutsu require the user to perform seal in order to excute their moves, whereas we know that it is pointless and stupid.