koreanriceboi
Wed, 07-07-2004, 10:02 PM
anyone know what its called? and if its a real sword or just cartoon

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Huh, wrong ninja. sorry.

lasaire
Wed, 07-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Zabuza himself calls it a 'head-cleaving sword' when he's threatening Gato with it, but other than that I think it's a fantasy sword rather than a historical sword.

Compared to Kisame's, after all, it's relatively ordinary!

kuro
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:24 PM
as i answered your question on your copy post in naruto open discussion im not going to say anything, look there. btw try not to spam all the forums with the same subject...

kakashi_gurl
Thu, 07-08-2004, 01:22 PM
kisame's rough skin thingy is awsome!! slice u to bits!
SEXY NO JUTSU!
and
1000 years of pain!!
mauaha

Taikyokuken
Thu, 07-08-2004, 02:22 PM
zanbatou....?

i think.

PSJ
Thu, 07-08-2004, 03:10 PM
zabuzas sword cant be real. think logical who would be able to wield a sword like that?

tensai
Thu, 07-08-2004, 03:27 PM
yeah i agree with Taikyokuken on zanbatou(sp?)
i think zanbatou is just a word for any far reaching big weapon tough - in rurouni kenshin, sanosuke called his big sword zanbatou

ask Kishimoto, he probably has a name for it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Coolman
Thu, 07-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
zabuzas sword cant be real. think logical who would be able to wield a sword like that?

Well... Someone could weild one with a hell of alot of training.... But... in battle, I doubt they would last to long, inbetween strikes, you would be open for a blow.

Eurasian
Thu, 07-08-2004, 04:29 PM
maybe zabuza's sword is real. i don't really know, so don't hold me on that. i'm only guessing. kishimoto likes to take myths and put it in the cartoon (like orochimaru).

ZakuHan
Thu, 07-08-2004, 05:25 PM
I think it is a real sword. As was mentioned, Sanosuke in Kenshin calls his sword a Zanbatou as well. Paraphrasing, I remember it as being a "de horsing" sword, a sword meant for only one, MAYBE two strikes, to fight a rider on horse.. Usually swung at the horse's legs I believe. It's huge like it is to add more power to the swing (horses are sturdy, remember) and long to stay out of the rider's sword arm range.

But yeah it does require a lot of strength to use, and Zabuza's looks a little ligher than Sano's, and sharper. I'm sure over the many years he had it he developed ways to use it and not be vulnerable (actually, they showed just how good he is with it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif).

Einzelgänger
Thu, 07-08-2004, 05:59 PM
ZakuHan is right, it is a real sword, though I don't know if thats realy what it was used for, I thought it was for dismounting the rider, but there were swords that large.

r3n
Thu, 07-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

dude from rurouni kenshin uses it. forgotten his name. its jst an exagerated version of something like a claymore, which was used by the scottish i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Coolman
Thu, 07-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
I think it is a real sword. As was mentioned, Sanosuke in Kenshin calls his sword a Zanbatou as well. Paraphrasing, I remember it as being a "de horsing" sword, a sword meant for only one, MAYBE two strikes, to fight a rider on horse.. Usually swung at the horse's legs I believe. It's huge like it is to add more power to the swing (horses are sturdy, remember) and long to stay out of the rider's sword arm range.

But yeah it does require a lot of strength to use, and Zabuza's looks a little ligher than Sano's, and sharper. I'm sure over the many years he had it he developed ways to use it and not be vulnerable (actually, they showed just how good he is with it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif).

Well, you gotta remember, people in the show are super strong, so weilding it is pretty easy for Zabuza, and he doesn't always use the sword, he uses taijutsu as well.

But thats insane. Poor horses.

Assertn
Thu, 07-08-2004, 07:15 PM
anyone else find it strange how kisame's sword was able to slice up the esophagus stuff from that frog stomach despite the fact that his sword doesnt really slice, AND while it was still covered?

KariudoKid
Fri, 07-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
anyone else find it strange how kisame's sword was able to slice up the esophagus stuff from that frog stomach despite the fact that his sword doesnt really slice, AND while it was still covered?

its like a chain saw, so i'd bet it could cut through almost anything.

and for everyone say zabuza has a big sword, watch Berserk i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif now there's a huge sword.

edit: oops, i read wrong. it was still covered? i have no clue then i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Karasu
Fri, 07-09-2004, 12:49 AM
I dont know if the kind of sword Zabuza had was used to fight, tho the horse legchopping thing sounds kinda right. It might be somewhat a ceremonial kind of sword.

Taikyokuken
Fri, 07-09-2004, 02:13 AM
the zanbatou (lit. horse-slaying) was used in mounted combat either for cutting the horse down, beheading it or "dismounting" the rider (probably cut him in half). It was only in service for a short time because it was too heavy for most anyone to use. Obviously its use here is a fantastic one because a weapon that size would have no application in close combat like this.

encyclopedias are fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif