PDA

View Full Version : intial d

jamoogabooga
Wed, 07-07-2004, 04:22 PM
hey peeps, is initial d really a good anime series?.....ive heard a lot of rumors....good, and bad....also, i went to animenfo.com and read about....i still couldn't tell if it was good....i just wanna know....is this anime worth downloading?

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-07-2004, 04:35 PM
if you love cars and fast driving get this it's about drifting and the fastest way to drive it's really good but don't expect a very good storyline it's you either love it or you hate it you gotta try it before you can judge

draikan7
Wed, 07-07-2004, 07:36 PM
i'm not a fan of cars, but i watched this series and it is one of my favorites. You don't have to love cars to like this show, and this is one of the best anime where music really sets it apart from others in my opinion. it really pumps you up.

Munsu
Wed, 07-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah great music... some good trance selections...

What makes this anime good IMO are the cool characters and how realistic they are portrayed... You can easily identify yourself with the situations they take part off...

tensai
Wed, 07-07-2004, 07:56 PM
this anime is hella cool
you dont have to like cars to like it, but it might make you like cars more

the music is what shines in this anime, the cg sequences of the car are cool too, but sometimes they might be too dark (or is it just me)

yup it is worth downloading, the animation gets better and better, the car sounds are real...

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-07-2004, 09:24 PM
yeah it's really dark some times but that's because they usually race when it's dark because of no traffic at night

AkimichiChouji
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Initial D is one of the greatest animes ever.....well i think so and heres why....

1.They added anime + cd animation sure you might think its bad at first thinking graphics + anime? wtf? But then when you see the car races...they are worth it.

2.Possibly one of the best original sound tracks created by man...each song goes well with the races plus the background music...i have 4-5 initial cds personally...they are awesome (if you want any get the non stop selections...they are great)

3.Great characters....each character is unique and each one has their own car suited to their attitude...(you will see)..

4.Anyone who says it sucks...is either a retard or an idiot..

5.Watch it..who cares what other people say...do it cause you want to .....its worth it trust me!

Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:40 PM
can someone tell me what the order to watch them in are?

i know there is 1-4 stage
and then extra stage
movie
battle stage etc.

Munsu
Thu, 07-08-2004, 12:03 AM
This is the order I'd watch it:

First Stage
Second Stage
Extra Stage
Third Stage (The Movie)
Battle Stage
Fourth Stage

Stoopider
Thu, 07-08-2004, 07:12 AM
LoL@ ppl replying would all definitely be Inital D Lovers. mee too!

It's a really good series. However it's one of those you'll either love or hate.

The first series was created quite long ago, so don't expect much good graphics or good art for that matter.

It's the story about a young race car driver and his life througout highschool and eventually into the big times. Very interesting.

I personally liked the storyline. Especially his love life. And the car driving and drifting is really cool, near impossible though.

tensai
Fri, 07-09-2004, 03:01 AM
you dont really have to watch battle stage, its just highlights of the clips of the battles that takumi had
i dont think its worth dling, but if you must, then go for it

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-09-2004, 03:13 AM
When is the 5th episode of 4th Stage gonna be out??? I can't wait too see the uphill race...

Btw, did you guys notice that the uphill race in the 1st competition of 4th Stage was missed out and all eyes on Trueno's AE86 downhill race, why is it so?

Keep the engines HOOOOT!!! Vrooommm.... >_<"(*dust dust*)

tensai
Fri, 07-09-2004, 03:32 AM
a month or two until the next two eps are out
all eyes on the hachi roku/takumi because its the main character, keisuke is his rival but the story revovles around takumi and his abilities
keisukes battle against the rwd turbo skyline wasnt that important, theyll probably show the upcoming race with keisuke and the integra type r turbo, i hope

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-09-2004, 03:53 AM
That was what I was wondering too... but if they don't show all... I'll need to buy the comics now... I like to see the complete version of the whole up & downhill races... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

rdperalta
Fri, 07-09-2004, 05:56 AM
IMHO Initial D is one of the Best

Eurobeat.. downhill drifting.. good story IMHO and real characters and the drifting sequences are real coz their technical director is non other than the Drift king Himself Keichi Tsuchiya-san (those who have seen Best Motoring Videos would know him :wink: )

If you plan on getting the manga better get the scans by Inane coz the Tokyopop version sucks bigtime. theyve "Americanized" the manga ie changed the name of the charactes (Tak for Takumi, Iggy for Itsuki, Natalie for Natsuki etc...)

Goingin
Fri, 07-09-2004, 10:51 AM
What can i say... Initial D was the serie that made me love (and get hooked on) anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

tensai
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:51 AM
yo me tooi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
initial d was the first anime ive dled, but it was on kazaa so the quality sucked
whats stupid of what i did was that i dled the 3rd stage first and watched that, but about a month or two later i dled the series (which took forever on kazaa) and watched it, by then ive only remembered glimps of 3rd stage - so it was cool. i still love to rewatch some of the battles - awesome

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I dont like car movies,car games but i love Inial D. Last week i watched all the Initial D eps after reading the first 5 vol of the manga. Cause of the music in the anime,its the first time an anime is better than manga version!

I love the music,the real characters and the car races they always find a way to make the races diffrent.

Im i the only one who feels sorry for Takeshi Nazakato,the poor loses every race, hi is like Rock Lee in Narutoi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

tensai
Fri, 07-09-2004, 04:08 PM
yeah, poor takeshi and his r32
i think they show him loosing a lot because the show is about drift and he focuses on grip
but it does suck, almost everytime he loses he damages his car

he use to be a drifter, i wonder if hell switch back in the future

btw, does anyone know where i can get the manga on bt, not irc