PDA

View Full Version : Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 07-06-2004, 06:23 AM
ep one was released by aoi-anime i haven't watched it yet sounds like a promosing series get the torrent form animesuki or mirkx

Munsu
Tue, 07-06-2004, 06:49 AM
You might get reminded about Gundam SEED... the characters look similar... If not mistaken done by the same artist... I think anime-empire is also releasing this so I'll wait a few days to see if it's so, if not I'll download aoi-anime's version

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 07-06-2004, 07:41 AM
decent first ep, it has a NGE feeling about it but i hope it doesn't end up to similar because i hate NGE

hikaru004
Wed, 07-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I really liked the first episode. It definitely feels like NGE down to the synaptic suits at the end of ending credits.

***Spoiler Alert***

Talk about your Catch-22 questions. So do you think it would have been different if they had said "No."?

***End of Spoiler Alert***

supra33202
Fri, 07-09-2004, 02:36 AM
I am downloading the first episode. I hope it is good. How does it compare to Rahxephon?

Lefty
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:29 AM
For some odd reason I keep calling the main Character Shinji, I wound Why? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:45 AM
Out of all the fansubs out at the moment... which one do you consider to be the best one....?

Munsu
Sun, 07-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Well it reminds me of Rahxephon for some reason... especially the idea of the whole world being wiped out except for a little island... hard to compare to it at the moment since Rahxephon is one of my favorite mechas

joker-kun
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:17 PM
I watched SO|SD's version, it was good, dont think you could get much better, IFA' was pretty good too, but yeah it looks good, even though I only watch one series of anime now, maybe ill make it 2.

HaZMaTiK
Sun, 07-11-2004, 02:43 PM
this is looking to be a good series can not wait till episode 3 i am currently keeping the Akeep cuz of quality/subs but do not mind the others glad a good series came along since my shura no toki and bakuten got licensed err lol

Munsu
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I can easily see Bandai licensing this series... I hope the groups finish the series before that happens...

I also got the first two episodes from a-keep... I cant say if this series will be good yet, but at the moment there have been a couple of interesting turn of events

Aeon
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Sorry to all, I'm bout to watch this show which means it now has a 68.4% chance of getting licensedi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

hikaru004
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:02 PM
It was also featured in Newtype mag. So you're definitely right about it getting licensed.

I wonder if any of those groups decided yet if they are going to continue Fafner after it gets licensed.

thundrakkon
Tue, 07-20-2004, 01:25 AM
It looks like a pretty good series. For me, it looks like it is a combination of Gundam Seed and NGE. I have a little feeling of Saikano in here, too, with the end of the world concept. The graphics are really good, and there is a diverse group of characters. The story is mysterious, so I really want to know what is going to happen next and why things are the way they are. I hope by the end of the series, they answer these questions instead of leaving it up in the air like so many other Animes.

ExTREm-San
Tue, 07-20-2004, 01:36 AM
It wasen't that great I thought it to be. =/

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2004, 03:28 PM
Episode 3 is out by a-keep for those interested

HaZMaTiK
Wed, 07-21-2004, 04:13 PM
i find it a pretty descent series looks interesting now that the whole lot of kids have joined up for service

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2004, 05:22 PM
I think episode 3 took a step in the right direction... but I want to see some death already... some of the kids need to be killed off

Aeon
Wed, 07-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Isome of the kids need to be killed off

Exactly what I was thinking, after seeing everybody I found it hard to keep up with who was who, and who was related to what adult.

AlbinoFury
Mon, 08-30-2004, 07:24 PM
im digging this series the chars are very similar design wise to gundam seed characters, i think i read somewhere its the same character designer or something.

Munsu
Mon, 08-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Yeah, it's the same character designer

TruthofMistake
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:57 PM
would someone please give me a link to the a keep site so i can dl this once i finish my fma dls? the references to nge which in my opinion is an good show has caught my interest as well as most of you saying its pretty good even though it appears to have an over abundance of charectors at the moment

Munsu
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:58 PM
it's in a.scarywater.net

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:06 AM
This series is quite interesting so far. It's a lot like Rahxephon. It's something good to watch until Gundum Seed 2 comes out. I still don't know why they are doing what they are doing, but there is good drama and action. I can't wait until they explain everything.

EDIT: Oh, btw, why do a lot of series nowadays talk about the explosion of youth, or give me back my youth sort of thing? I mean, the most extreme example is in Naruto with Gai talking about Lee. Is it a cultural thing in Japan? I know they always mention about staying alive and "I'm allowed to live" sentimentality because of the high suicide rate in Japan. However, is this youth sentiment similar along those lines?

isso
Wed, 09-28-2005, 05:06 PM
what happened to the series???

Munsu
Wed, 09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Can you enlighten us into what the fuck you are talking about?

masamuneehs
Wed, 09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Thundrakkon I can only assume is asking about the strict family control structure and sheer number of school hours children in Japan go through. Lots of anime use young teenagers as their main characters, often having them undergo rigorous 'training' for whatever mission they need to accomplish, or through the horrors of war. The 'lost childhood' is a recoccuring theme in anime, and Fafner is no exception.

My sister, for example recently spent 2 months in Japan with a host family. She said the kids have strict curfews, report to their parents regularly on their nightly plans, don't drink and are always worrying about what their parents will think/say about their habits and/or friends. I myself have no experience with Japan, so I can't say anything on this.

Fafner in the Azure (Soukyuu no Fafner) is a pretty decent show. It has a rather colorful cast of characters, can be humorous and heartbreaking, but does have the feel of an Evangelion rip-off to me... The animation is incredible and some episodes absolutley kick ass. I give it a 7 out of 10. The music is pretty good too.

Here's some Anime Empire subs
http://www.torrentz.com/t.php?id=165240

EDIT: Bud, you say you want some of the characters to die huh? Hehehehehe....

dark maginn
Wed, 09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
watched the first eps and it was interesting i might continue it

isso
Sun, 10-09-2005, 11:39 AM
I've seen the whole series now it was good, I just want my favorite Kenji to get together with the ill Sakura.. It's says something about a ova coming out.. Do you know anything about this ova??

I think I read it's name was "Sokyuu no Fafner - Single Program - Right of Left- " no good information on Anime news networks consurning this ova.. Can I get my hands on it somewhere???

Munsu
Sat, 11-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Fafner Website Update (2005-11-11 12:48:00)
The website for the Sokyuu no Fafner - Single Program - Right of Left- TV special has been relaunched and updated with character profiles and cast information for three of the main characters: Ryou Masaoka, Yumi Ikoma, and Karin Kuramae, to be voiced by Mamoru Miyano, Yuko Kaida, and Akiko Kimura respectively. The special is a prequel to the Fafner TV series. Thanks to Not_Awaken for this item. [ discuss ]

http://www.starchild.com/fafner/
http://animenewsnetwork.com/en...edia/anime.php?id=5251 (http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5251)

Munsu
Fri, 12-16-2005, 03:31 AM
Sokyuu no Fafner: Right of Left Trailer (2005-12-15 21:45:52)
The official website now hosts a trailer for Sokyuu no Fafner - Single Program - Right of Left- . The special will air on TV Tokyo on December 29. Source: Animenation [ discuss ]

http://www.starchild.co.jp/fafner/highlight.html <-- Trailer

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 12-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Its about time. I have been wanting an OVA to this series for a long time. I hope Shoko returns.

Munsu
Fri, 12-16-2005, 05:16 AM
If she comes back she will be a baby or a little kid...

I didn't like her anyways

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 12-16-2005, 05:24 AM
I liked her....but they killed her. Anyways, it'll be good to see everyone alive again even though they might be babies.

FelixZeroAlastor
Sun, 01-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Fafner Right of Left by Mendoi (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/aec688b391b47f9467061ca713f14112ca708d49.torrent)

Board of Command
Sun, 01-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Damn, the OVA kicks ass. I love it.

Enderz
Sun, 01-15-2006, 06:45 AM
OMG the best OVA EVER!! one of the best episode i have ever seen

Darknodin
Tue, 01-17-2006, 07:52 PM
sooo... The OVA is a prequel to the series right???? if so.. then its cool i watched it first (makes sense as they show all these kid characters that are totally unknown for the rest of the show)

Board of Command
Wed, 01-18-2006, 12:24 AM
No it's not a sequel. True, the events take place prior to the show, but it's just a side story, not a prequel. You'd have to watch the show to fully appreciate a lot of the stuff going on in the OVA.

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Wow, I just watched Right of Left and it was an absolutley fantastic OVA.

Not too much action, not too much romance/sappy stuff. It really fit right in with the rest of that show. It was also really nice to see what things were like before the initial events of Fafner in the Azure started. Gave some insight into Shoushi. And I really liked that girl, the Mark Zweil pilot. I was always wondering what her deal was when I watched the series, and the OVA showed alot of insight into her character.

I cried when the dog ran to the cockpit. God I just fall to pieces when I see affection like that between animals and humans (make a furry/bestiality joke and you're dead).

An excellent, excellent OVA. Makes me remember how much I loved this series. Probably my favorite Eva ripoff ever (and i dont mean that in a bad way)

aznroyale
Sun, 04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
finished series, overall not bad but i tought it was kinda wack

masamuneehs
Thu, 06-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Fafner in the Azure (Dead Aggressor) - Right of Left OVA - Ureshi fansubs - avi format (http://ureshii.fansub-torrents.com/%5Bureshii%5DSoukyuu_no_Fafner_-_Right_of_Left%5B47877B52%5D.avi.torrent)
Fafner in the Azure (Dead Aggressor) - Right of Left OVA - Ureshi fansubs - mkv format (http://ureshii.fansub-torrents.com/%5Bureshii%5DSoukyuu_no_Fafner_-_Right_of_Left%5BH264-AC3%5D%5B7EA79A06%5D.mkv.torrent)

this OVA is awesome. If you liked the series you'll love this thing, and even if you weren't crazy about the show you'll probably still love it. I wasn't crazy for the actual series, but the OVA is very well done.