PDA

View Full Version : Problem Playing Files.

AppleJ
Mon, 07-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Ya ya, its a Codec Problem, I know, I just wanna know if anyone has a soulution for me.

Basically, it started recently, hell, I just noticed it 10 minutes ago.. I went to watch Gantz 10, and bam, windows media player encouters an error, so ya, im all like, grr. So, I try Episode 11, same thing. I go back to episode 9, bam it plays.. I check the details on the files, see if there is any differnce in the way they are encoded, and well, there is a minor differnce...

Under Video, the Video Sample Size on Episode 9 (that works), is 16bit, on episodes 10 and 11 (dont play), its 12bit. But, then I noticed something else. Episode 8, that I played before and it worked fine, its 12bit, and well, now it doesnt play. So, something on my comp changed.. The only thing I can think of that I have changed/added codec wise was an ogg vorbis filter, so I could play some .ogm files. (worked great for that). So ya. Next thing ill probably do, uninstall that and see if it works, but im just posting to wondering if anyone has encountered something like this before, and if there is some kind of soulution or something im just totaly overlooking.