PDA

View Full Version : Stupid QuickTime

BurnMyFaith
Sat, 07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
I have the newest version of quicktime and all the do-hickies that come with it and yet I still can't play any Naruto eps ...Anybody know what's wrong? Sometimes says I don't have the proper compressor or something along those lines or that QuickTime is missing something but isn't downloadable. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Mut
Sat, 07-03-2004, 09:06 PM
quicktime is garbage. use wmp or the classic version. just make sure you have the right codecs though. however, if you want something that never fails, use VLC player.

Goingin
Sat, 07-03-2004, 09:09 PM
BSplayer is also an option

Dunno why, but i just love the program

Lefty
Sat, 07-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
quicktime is garbage. use wmp or the classic version. just make sure you have the right codecs though. however, if you want something that never fails, use VLC player.

yes quicktime is garbage. I use VLC to play everything. It also allows you to watch the multi track video's with the japanese sub's and he english dub as well.

njdevs95
Sat, 07-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Use quicktime for .mov files for everything else I use either wmp, zoomplayer or vlc.

BurnMyFaith
Sun, 07-04-2004, 05:46 AM
Kew stuff...uhm...Any clue where I could find any of those other players?

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 07-04-2004, 11:44 AM
for VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC is probably the best (though I sometimes find rewinding a bit of a bitch with it). Just google the rest, they're pretty easy to get.

Himura_san
Mon, 07-05-2004, 01:54 AM
VLC player is the 2nd best media player I have come across! It is damn good,
but the best is mplayer nothing beats that one!

frexeze
Mon, 07-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by: BurnMyFaith
Kew stuff...uhm...Any clue where I could find any of those other players?

if you're using windows, you've already got wmp