PDA

View Full Version : I'm full of suggestions as well as other things.

Foomanchew24
Sat, 07-03-2004, 08:29 PM
A motherboard forum i visit frequently has guides and tutorial threads permanently stuck at the top of some forums for noobs. That way the common questions can easily be answered without countless noobs asking the same questions over and over. For example it seems there are lots of questions about avitars and sigs as well as codecs and players and what do you need to download toreents and the such. perhaps threads that have already been started or one that a mod could make could be at the top for noobs to read before asking for help.

Mut
Sat, 07-03-2004, 09:10 PM
dude, i'm sure EVERYONE has thought of that before. it's just that noob don't bother going to the specific forum. instead, they go to the forum with the most posts and topics assuming that asking questions in that forum will get quick and many replies because it's the most popular. not only that, people don't bother using the search feature because they are just lazy and they want everything spoon fed to them.

Munsu
Sun, 07-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Humm your post gave me a good idea... why dont we just remove from the main page "the number of topics/ forum" part so that people who are noobs or whomever wont simply go into a forum to ask simply because it's the most active forum, but post in the adequate forum...

But yeah... in the old layout there use to be alot of good sticky threads that i used like the "Next Anime to Watch" thread were poeple recommended and gave reviews of animes... I had often used it to download new anime for me to watch

Raven
Wed, 07-07-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm not exactly sure if stickies are working properly in this new layout. We used to have lots of stickies in the old layout, so they're nothing new to these forums really.