PDA

View Full Version : boxtorrents

jamoogabooga
Sat, 07-03-2004, 11:32 AM
does anybody know whut site boxtorrents is?.....cause everytime i go there, it says page not found.....can anyone tell me for sure if it is just down or the actual site?....thx

Aeon
Sat, 07-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Their site is down till they can find a new host.

jamoogabooga
Sat, 07-03-2004, 11:39 AM
thx

Neko Sniper
Sat, 07-03-2004, 03:22 PM
You wanna know what happened? read this: http://www.boxtorrents.tk/

Lefty
Sat, 07-03-2004, 11:27 PM
May ADV burn in hell those money hogging bastards. They have been a thorn in the side of every fansuber.

Munsu
Wed, 07-07-2004, 01:08 PM
It seems that boxtorrents will take down all their torrents by ADV when they come back

Neko Sniper
Wed, 07-07-2004, 02:13 PM
what makes you think so??

kilzo
Wed, 07-07-2004, 02:44 PM
nah my guess is they're relocating it somewhere, where ADV cant get them i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif probably the same as what mirkx did, just my guess. just relocate where some of the rules dont apply so that they can torrent freely. sound like a happy place to me.

Lefty
Wed, 07-07-2004, 04:50 PM
It's probaly a server out side of the US where the rule's don't apply(technically), they can still get busted but as long as people don't go scream outload over the net that Boxtorrents has stuff that already been liscened or the torrents on mirkx. As long as we keep all of this stuff off of the forums and just PM the address to some one who needs it's, we can keep the closure of our beloved torrent sites to a minimum. Just my opinion but it should be considered.

SamuraiOdin
Wed, 07-07-2004, 05:08 PM
If you read their message board, they have stated they aren't going to carry ADV stuff. The reason being that even if their server is in a country that wasn't part of the International Berne Convention or a member or WIPO, their staff is often in a country that did take part in those. And if ADV can't go after the server, they'll go after the staff.

Wed, 07-07-2004, 05:50 PM
but their stuff is still available in mirc right?

SamuraiOdin
Wed, 07-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by: 010577
but their stuff is still available in mirc right?

For me to answer your question, you need to clarify some things. If by "their" you mean Boxtorrent's stuff, then they are probably still running on mIRC right now, yes. If by "their" you mean ADV's stuff on Boxtorrent's IRC server, then odds are that it will be taken off their bots to avoid a lawsuit. If you mean ADV's stuff on mIRC in general, then yes, you will almost always be able to find copyrighted material on mIRC, you just have to know where to look.

Neko Sniper
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Heh..I think you could call that an advantage of the internet. No matter what you#re looking for, you can be sure to find it online, you just have to know the right places to look. Let's see how Boxtorrents handles the new non ADV product strategy.

hikaru004
Thu, 07-08-2004, 02:19 AM
I don't think that it's that much of an advantage. If I can do an irc search and pull up every channel that has an ADV title then so can ADV. If I can do a search and pull up the fansub downloading sites, then so can ADV. I think that in part it boils down to how much the American distribution companies and their Japanese partners are willing to tolerate fansubs. If it's not in their best interest, then they react.

Munsu
Sat, 07-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Good news... Boxtorrents has a new tracker running at the moment...

go to your old torrents and change the tracker the url menioned in boxtorrents.com

About the ADV situation... I'm currently downloading on the tracker the torrent for Rockman.exe which is licensed by ADV and it's working fine at the moment...

Edit: apparently the tracker is down again:

Tracker Status: offline (invalid reply: sorry, thanks to an asshole this is down)

here's the reason on why it is down now.... and to whom this asshole is:

http://forums.downloadanime.org/index.php?showtopic=1664

r3n
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:13 AM
jst look at suprnova, its based in poland so its base hasnt been taken down, plus theres about 10mirrors for it or something

hybridchild
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:49 AM
Hum thats not good, now that Poland is part of the EU it has signed up to alot of internation convention that it wasnt a part of before so Suprnova might be in danger

Hybridchild

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 01:07 PM
http://tracker.boxtorrents.com

start leeching... although it is not fully updated yet

Knives122
Tue, 07-20-2004, 01:27 PM
oh well nothing we can do

Goingin
Tue, 07-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Ah, good thing it's back up again

Damn, i wanted to download something from em a while ago but now that the site is back up i forgot what i wanted to get i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Baka me...

Knives122
Tue, 07-20-2004, 04:32 PM
good work my young patawan

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Lol...

And my problem is that both downloads that i need seeded, the torrents are not posted in the website:

The Hakkenden and Dagger of Kamui

also

Rockman.EXE, but that's licensed by ADV

NM
Tue, 07-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Budweineken, you can get Rockman.EXE from WolfPackProductions. There website is: www.wpp-fansubs.com. I know Rockman.EXE is licensed but they have subbed all 56 episodes. They are releasing batches but its not like that one huge batch you found on boxtorrents (I downloaded all 56 episodes from that torrent). You can also get Rockman.EXE Axess from their site to.

Munsu
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:06 AM
BTW... can any of you guys browse through the torrents in boxtorrents?

Because I cant... I can only search

Goingin
Thu, 07-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Same here
They will probably fix it sometime

and were back at last! sites not perfect (yet) dont be suprised if you see a few hiccups

Shiena^
Fri, 09-10-2004, 10:44 AM
i went to boxtorrents but i cant, does it broke again, or i'm banned??

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-10-2004, 10:53 AM
As far as I can tell, it has been down for the past week, so you are not banned. I have still been able to seed for certain Animes, but the tracker is down. I have not heard anything yet about it.

Lefty
Fri, 09-10-2004, 12:56 PM
It's been on a off all week, the site is back on line now so do what you want as fast as you can while hte site is up and running.

Shiena^
Fri, 09-10-2004, 08:26 PM
YIPPIIE i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif