PDA

View Full Version : So I was playing the new Naruto GBA game...

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-03-2004, 06:17 AM
And it sucks. Hard. I was first going to write a real review for it, but it would be a waste of time. Basically it tries to follow the game from the start of chuunin exam. It's a side scroller beat 'em up with a few bosses, which you fight 1 on 1. You can play with Naruto, Sasuke & Sakura. You can switch character any time during gameplay with one of the buttons. Since they all have different life bars, you need to switch a lot to survive. Rock Lee is also in it as a secret character. Speaking of Rock Lee, the first fight is versus him. After that you come directly to the Forest of Death. And after that the game summarizes the 20 episodes of arena fighting in 2 screenshots. Then you fight VS Kabuto in a cave. Using Naruto. Then you turn off the game.

It sucks. Avoid it. Don't bother getting the rom. If it's translated, shoot your local game store. It doesn't even matter that you can do jutsus in it, like Sasuke's Chidori & Naruto's Sexy no Jutsu. The first GBA game was way better. Oh and by the way, they have recycled the portraits from the first one. Very cheap, Tomy!

Naruto in a cave: http://valethcosmo.free.fr/ScreenShot198.jpg
Rock Lee giving Sakura what she deserves: http://valethcosmo.free.fr/ScreenShot199.jpg

Gai
Sun, 07-04-2004, 11:12 AM
I thought it was a lot of fun... not an amazing game, but fun.

Assertn
Sun, 07-04-2004, 11:14 AM
where'd you get it?

NM
Sun, 07-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Assertn, I think you can download it at Narutoex.

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-05-2004, 04:36 AM
Some random rom site. Came over it by accident.

Scorpio V1.2
Thu, 07-08-2004, 03:14 PM
i downloaded it and completed it in a day, it was easy! i do like how you can unlock lee and use him to fight, he kicks ass a lot more than sakura, btw what in the hell does inner sakura do? i cant seem to figure out how you can use the attacks to your advantage, i just use her as a scapegoat, let her take the beatings and then let Naruto, Sasuke and Lee to kick the hell out of the enemies, it was hell when you can only use Sakura though but i survived ( unfortunatley so did Sakura )