PDA

View Full Version : Naruto ps2 game...

Pyron
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:12 PM
can someone who has played the game tell me if its good or not. i was wondeirng if i should buy it or not. what i'm mainly looking for is the last-ability..is it worth playing over and over? add anything if you see fit.

thanks

Terracosmo
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Well. If you're a Naruto fan, which I -assume- you are it has some replayability.
The cast is in my opinion too small, 12 characters, but there's still pretty much to do. Much stuff to unlock, though it's mainly video clips and things of what you see in the matches. I played it intensively for about a week, I have beaten almost all missions + I have gotten all 1200 secrets in the game and I must say I had fun while doing so. Haven't touched the game since that though.

You can always go over to gamefaqs.com and look at some reviews there, too. Not very professionally written, but they are also gamers. If you aren't sure about this purchase, you can wait for #2 to come out... though that will take a while.

Pyron
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:27 AM
cool thanks.. i was wondering if i should get 1..or wait for 2. 12 characters is alittle bit too little but for 15 bucks..maybe i'll get it anyways

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:51 AM
I mean it doesn't really matter if it's 20 charas, I'd end up using Neji all the time anyway... but it's a sake of principle i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Bottom line is, if you like Naruto, you'll like this.

glitched
Sat, 07-03-2004, 11:45 AM
i bring my copy to lan parties, lots of fun playing against everybody, i really only play multiplayer as its alot more challenging and fun!

G-Pong
Sun, 07-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Glitched, have you unlocked all that stuff yet? You better get your ass in gear, I want to see it by the next lan party lol.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-04-2004, 05:00 AM
The characters is really all you need to unlock, the rest is just random scrap which isn't relevant to gameplay i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

draikan7
Tue, 07-06-2004, 06:08 AM
at first it was cool, but after watching the specials the 20th time, it was like watching flashbacks over and over again. i prefer the gc one.

FearTheMullet
Fri, 07-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Hmm, do they sell it in English language? eh?

NM
Fri, 07-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Well, if the anime isnt in english, then the game wont be either. If you head over to Gamefaqs, some people there translated the whole game for ya.

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Blatantly honest, the PS2 Naruto game isn't even as fun as the first GCN one. If you're going to get a Naruto game, the second GCN one is the one to get. We played it nonstop for 2 weeks and still hadn't managed to unlock everything. 20ish characters, some having more than one special, Rock Lee can open gates, Sharingan Kakashi can counter/copy other special moves (except bloodline, i.e. Neji), and the four player mode is nuts when you play with people that have a basic understanding of it.

kaigan
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:56 PM
no, i haven't played it.

Eurasian
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:04 AM
naruto ps2 game will be out in sept of 2004 i think. if not, oct 2004. can't remember. but i was really excited to hear about it. cuz i was going to get in in japanese, which i can't really understand.

Pyron
Mon, 07-12-2004, 02:01 AM
so many mixed emotions about the game..for 15 bucks, i'll just get it....then i'll have to wait for the 2nd game to come out

NM
Mon, 07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Can anyone post the websites to purchase Naruto Narutimet Hero please?

KameronFrye
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Ebay is the best place to go, but do check the seller. If they have anything negative, check to see how recent. If they have more than 1 or 2, use your own judgment. I understand that sometimes American buyers from foreign sellers are just trying to rip people off, but don't debate it if they've had more than a couple bad buyers in a month's time. Also, avoid new sellers. It sucks to do that, especially for the seller trying to start up, but it's also safer. We got the GCN game #2 for $65 with shipping last year.

Tofu #2
Wed, 07-14-2004, 08:47 PM
dont i need something cool to play japanese games on a gc

NM
Wed, 07-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by: _naruto_X
dont i need something cool to play japanese games on a gc

If you purchase the freeloader disc from Lik-sang (found this site that has Narutimet Hero), then you can play Japanese games for GC. I think playing Japanese games on GC is much better than playing them for PS2 because you don't have to mod it which won't bring down the console's life span.

tonecapone
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:02 PM
does anyone know if there is gonna be us versions of naruto game....i went to media play and they said it showed no info on a us title only japanese? if anyone knows help would be great

KameronFrye
Sun, 07-18-2004, 01:05 AM
I mentioned this in a post about licensing of Naruto, but if the show is licensed, it would only be a short matter of time before some of the games came over. I'm sure the first GCN game would be skipped, simply because the level of content between the first and second is staggering. I feel the same will be true of #2 on PS2, but that remains to be seen. GBA would most likely have all the games released.

I work for the Media Play company, the person that said it showed information in the system lied to you. There will show nothing for a search on Naruto because no U.S. vendors carry anything related to it inside their distributors. The best source for things like this is currently and more than likely will be an anime-related outlet, which there is not a bonafide commercial chain of anime stores. If there are, they avoid the southeast U.S. Look locally to where you live, there's bound to be something. If not, see about opening your own. Just don't sell fansubs, that's what killed the big store local to here. Once I found out that I had wasted $100 on half a season of Noir only to find out I could have downloaded it along with the second half, I never went back to that store.