PDA

View Full Version : Naruto in the U.S.

Paulyboy
Fri, 07-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Ok i was wondering when they or if they will make Naruto into english and put it to Toonami. If anybody knows I would like to know. Also im confused, I was downloading a Rorouni Kenshin music video and it was wierd, is there like 2 different versions of Rorouni Kenshin because i think they might make a different version of Naruto but thats just my thinking

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:04 PM
we don't know yet

Pyron
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:04 PM
naruto in english is the last thing we want....if i'm correct, that would mean that the series would be licenced thus there will be no more subbing..

for whoever is gonna bash me on this one...this is what i think i know about licencing...so chill

Kumiriko
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Trust me, Naruto will still be subbed if it is licenced. Look at all the other serise, Since They are so far into the serise i dont think there is much of an issue. Besides naruto will Probly not be licneced for a year yet.

LostAngel
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:31 PM
It will probably get license just not any time soon, I mean look at one piece how popular it is and it just got licensed at like 200 eps by 4Kids Entertainment. I hope they never try to dub Naruto.

Sharigan_User
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by: Pyron
naruto in english is the last thing we want

When it does come to amer. there gonna change like mostly everything, maybe even some of the names. I don't think that it will be coming to amer. soon, and Im grateful for that, becuz there prob. gonna edit some of the scenes, and it won't be the same as the real thing.

deadlydreamx
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:39 PM
I HOPE they dont licence naruto. If they do its probably gonna be like rockman.exe when it was dubbed in english it turned gay they changed everyone's name and they all sound so gayish.

Kumiriko
Sat, 07-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Not all licenced anime is bad. Humm there has to be a way to controle who it gose to. Start up a Potition from all the bad companies from getting it maybe,

DraGunZer0
Sat, 07-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by: Paulyboy
Ok i was wondering when they or if they will make Naruto into english and put it to Toonami. If anybody knows I would like to know. Also im confused, I was downloading a Rorouni Kenshin music video and it was wierd, is there like 2 different versions of Rorouni Kenshin because i think they might make a different version of Naruto but thats just my thinking

About the 2 different versions of rurouni kenshin, you might have seen scenes from the TV series and OVA in the music vid. The OVA has a darker and more melancholy and dark drawing style compared to the TV's light hearted and bright anime style.

And about Naruto being licensed... just my idea but if the fans really do care about Naruto then we should all pitch in to see how much money we could raise and hopefully buy out the company... I don't know just a thought although I realize not all of us have a job or source of income so that plan would be trash... if we somehow do raise enough money, I would like to hire Aone + ANBU to keep subbing and release it over ehre like that. Just my little peice of the license of Naruto but i doubt it will happen IF Naruto is licensed...

Mut
Sat, 07-03-2004, 02:36 AM
i can't believe naruto isn't licensed yet. it should've been snatched a long time ago but i guess naruto is too ninja for them.

kilzo
Sat, 07-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Yeah i havnt the slightest idea why they havent taken this up yet? theres alittle blood but nothing that bad? to me it seems like something that would make a decent line-up someday? but i guess thats to be decided at the convention.

Yeah, there's Kenshin OVA (gloomy/serious) Kenshin TV series (happy wider-fanbase styled animation).

Arcane1
Sat, 07-03-2004, 06:58 AM
For one thing, it matters what company takes it over to how bad it will be. I mean some animes have been great once they were licensed in the US. Another thing it has gotten such a huge fan base that if some company does grab it they would be murdered if they changed the names. I mean look at dragonball-z maybe one to two names were changed, but it was because of bad english usage on part of the japanese. No I dont want it to be taken just yet because i dont know what i would do without my weekly episode, but yall are crazy if you think some company is going to totally burn this anime.

Shuurai
Sat, 07-03-2004, 07:59 AM
is there like 2 different versions of Rorouni Kenshin because i think they might make a different version of Naruto but thats just my thinking

Ok not the right topic but i believe the tv series is called Rurouni Kenshin and was only released in japan and the us howver i believe the Ova's are called Samurai X and are released by ADV in the uk and the us and japan i might be wrong but i know for sure that ADV have released the ova's in the uk under the name Samurai X

frexeze
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:56 PM
there was also a full length kenshin movie.

Sensei_Kakashi
Sat, 07-03-2004, 10:00 PM
I agree with sharingan_user
if they move bring it to North America
they will really change everything, some of the story may be changed! shouldn't come to NA at all because it'll ruin naruto. it'll become so main stream. then it will never be as good.

Just reference: look at Sailor Moon they change quite a bit of details to the story like: Zoysyte he's originally a guy. but they made him a girl.
or DBZ they leave out so much and add so much freeze frames now it sux (Just Example)
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

stos289
Sat, 07-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by: Shuurai
Ok not the right topic but i believe the tv series is called Rurouni Kenshin and was only released in japan and the us howver i believe the Ova's are called Samurai X and are released by ADV in the uk and the us and japan i might be wrong but i know for sure that ADV have released the ova's in the uk under the name Samurai X

You are around half right there, let me clear it up for everyone. In Japan, the TV series was known as Rurouni Kenshin (Wandering Samurai Kenshin directly translated in English) and was produced by Fuji TV and SME Visual Works. There were also officially two OVA's and a movie of Rurouni Kenshin made. The first OVA which was the prequel to the Rurouni Kenshin TV series was known as Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuioku hen which was produced by SME Visual Works. The second OVA was basically a huge flashblack of all the events of the Rurouni Kenshin TV series known as Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku Hen and was also produced by SME Visual Works. The movie was a seperate story line relating to the TV series which was known as Rurouni Kenshin: Ishin Shishi no Requiem which was produced by Fuji TV and SME Visual Works

In the U.S., the TV series, Rurouni Kenshin, was licensed and produced by Bang Zoom! Entertainment and Media Blasters (the same name was kept, and now is fully on DVD and has been shown on Cartoon Network recently.) The first OVA (or OAV) was licensed by ADV Films and the name was changed to Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. The second OVA was also licensed by ADV Films and the name was changed to Samurai X: Reflection. I don't really know why they changed the name, I guess they didn't want to be asscoiated with the TV Series. The movie was licensed by ADV Films and the name was changed to Rurouni Kenshin: The Motion Picture. The two OVA's and the movie can be bought on DVD.

Hope that cleared that up.

Tsukiyomi
Sun, 07-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Hmm.. well about the licensing Naruto not yet, but the Anime Expo 04 could change some things i just hope Funimation won't get it. The sad thing is i think Funimation is the only anime company with enough money to get it , just like Detective Conan i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Kumiriko
Sun, 07-04-2004, 03:22 PM
ONO! Main steam is Evil. Only Cool stuffz Iz Stuffz Not Many Like! ONO!

So what if 10 year olds are running arounf yelling art of Doppleganger and TadPole EYES! The Dubbed Verson if you want to look at it this way is a totally diffent show. It isnt our naruto. Licencing is not an evil Clown that will bite you and lock you in the basement. Nore is it the end of the world. That is Why all good Companys Put a subbed verson On the Dvd's. If that wasnt around wineing about licencing be Justified.

Deblas
Fri, 07-16-2004, 05:17 PM
If it does come i really dont think its gonna show in toonami and if it does its not gonna be the same. there gonna edit the series alot cause Naruto does have violent scenes a some sexual content and the english voices wont seem right now tha im seeing it in japanese. Even Cowboy Bebop who is in adult swim took out some of the blood in fighting scenes.

Elrone
Fri, 07-16-2004, 05:47 PM
[i]Just reference: look at Sailor Moon they change quite a bit of details to the story like: Zoysyte he's originally a guy. but they made him a girl.

That's not actually a bad idea for naruto. If they changed haku into a girl then it would stop everyone asking questions about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif . Although it would be the only change that I could accept in Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

What do you guys think?

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 07-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by: Elrone

[i]Just reference: look at Sailor Moon they change quite a bit of details to the story like: Zoysyte he's originally a guy. but they made him a girl.

That's not actually a bad idea for naruto. If they changed haku into a girl then it would stop everyone asking questions about it . Although it would be the only change that I could accept in Naruto

What do you guys think?

Even if the liscened Naruto decided to call Haku a girl instead of a guy , that wouldn't change the real truth that Haku was a guy. And the people that would believe that, would be the people that haven't seen Naruto and just saw it and believe that change. -.-

Kumiriko
Fri, 07-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Gender Changes in anime being treanslated is just stupid. Like grow up. there are people like that in the real world. anime Is more of an honest cartoon then what ya get in most other places

Deblas
Fri, 07-16-2004, 11:14 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
Gender Changes in <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=anime&v=56">anime</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=anime&v=56) being treanslated is just stupid. Like grow up. there are <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56) like that in the real world. <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=anime&v=56">anime</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=anime&v=56) Is more of an honest cartoon then what ya get in most other places[

Men that look extremely like a woman like Haku?? nah dont think so...
Maybe if your a drag queen and use surgery

bitwar
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:08 AM
You know, Sailor Moon was released in the states a while ago (mid 90s), just as anime was starting to come into the mainstream (showing up in the video stores in the mall), and it was a morning cartoon, so they felt it neccessary to change certain things. Haven't they recently released like uncut boxed sets? The same thing happened to DBZ, and I believe that when Cartoon Network picked it up, they reaired the old episodes in much less edited status (though for uncut, you need to find DVDs or VHS). And all the current horrifically bad story, name, and gender changes seem to come from 4Kids (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tokyo Mew Mew aka Hollywood Mew Mew). As long as Naruto gets nabbed by Bandai, ADV, Viz, Manga, Geneon, Anime Works, or even FUNimation (I THINK that's all the major companies that release new stuff), the trasition should be nice, smooth, unedited, and SUBTITLED (as well as dubbed). So don't panic out if Naruto gets licenced (I'm really wondering why it hasn't already). Unless 4Kids picks it up. In which case, yeah, we're screwed (and I'll be wondering what the hell they're thinking)

And if you're looking for unedited, subtitled anime in the US, you have to go to the DVDs, not cable TV, especially not Cartoon Network. Some channels will air unedited dubbed episodes and movies (Action and TechTV I think, and The Anime Network), but for subs, you really need to go to the DVDs. Oh, pity on you who have to pay for your anime. Boo hoo hoo. So what. You think having the technology to have free subtitled versions of anime episodes within a week gives you the automatic right to do so? Regardless of whether ot not someone has purchased the rights to sell said episodes? Your free subs are a privilage, not a right, and eventually you'll need to learn to grow up and give up some of your happy privilages. Deal with it. I have all of Gungrave, AonE fansubbed on VCD, and I just bought Geneon's first DVD of the series. And I'll do the same for Naruto if/when it gets licenced and released here in the US. Oh, and for everyone outside the US, stop relying on the US people to fansub anime for you and start doing it yourselves.

Lucian5000
Sat, 07-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Men that look extremely like a woman like Haku?? nah dont think so...
Maybe if your a drag queen and use surgery

Rupaul.

As long as Funimation doesn't license Naruto, I'll be a happy clam. I can hardly wait to see how bad they'll mess up Full Metal Alchemist.

Garlannd
Sat, 07-17-2004, 11:41 AM
If I was the creator of the anime and 4kids tried to lisence it i'd burn it first. My work is better off dead than in their hands.

Einzelgänger
Sat, 07-17-2004, 11:43 AM

They have not licenced Naruto yet, so even if it got licensed today it wouldn't be in the States for a good 6 months to a year.

Yes there are in a way 2 Rorouni Kenshin, there is Rorouni Kenshin and Samurai X. Samurai X shows Kenshin when he was the Batosai. I belive it was made after Rorouni Kenshin making it a perquel, if I'm wrong please make it clear, I'm not too sure on it.

Coolman
Sat, 07-17-2004, 12:08 PM
I'll be happy if they don't license Naruto. I'm Canadian, so this is my best way to get Naruto.

And if they do license it... some will cut the swering, and leave us with the editted crap that makes each character sound gay.

Draken
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:06 PM
About Rurouni Kenshin (http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=90)