PDA

View Full Version : Somthing that has been bothering me about Gaara

Scorpio V1.2
Fri, 07-02-2004, 04:56 PM
From what i know about Gaara is that he has some evil spirit sealed in him and if he falls asleep it takes over and kills anything around so he has to stay awake ALL the time to control it, my question is: Why isn't Gaara dead?, he cant sleep and from what i've heard you can die from sleep deprevation, you live for about a month then your brain cant function and you die, I thought about it and surely someone would've noticed a party loving sand incarnate going around the sand villige Killing everyone if Gaara took a nap every month to survive.
( i'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before )

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 04:57 PM
it's an anime, gaara can live without sleep.

Lenas
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:07 PM
He does get minimal amounts of sleep. He just can't sustain it, because Shukaku kind of makes him crazy.

kaigan
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:07 PM
you're comparing real to anime which doesn't work.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:42 PM
I had a talk with a friend of mine who read up on sleep. Apparently, you can't die directly from sleep deprivation, because your mind will automatically make you take "microsleeps" where you'll fall asleep for a few minutes whether you wanted to or not. Just enough to keep you alive.

chambers
Fri, 07-02-2004, 07:55 PM
actually you CAN die form lack of sleep, and your mind doesnt make you take microsleeps as you called it. there have been cases in the vietnam war most notably where guards on duty had slipped into coma like sleeping states. and this isn tlike falling asleep this is the real deal, as in you just collapse.

woofcat
Fri, 07-02-2004, 08:35 PM
This is silly. Its ANIME. if your all going to post about it anyways ill ask a question.
Why cant i gather Chakra to my hand?
Why cant people summon huge ass frogs for the hell of it?
Why cant i get punched and hit the ground at about 30 mph and get up?

jing
Fri, 07-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by: woofcat
This is silly. Its ANIME. if your all going to post about it anyways ill ask a question.

Exactly, he isn't dead because our artist Kishimoto-sensei doesn't want him dead. He wants to make him sound badass.

Pyron
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:02 PM
i agree with the other guys.......real life and anime don't mix, you can't compare

Kumiriko
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:03 PM
And after the spirits ass was wooped i do belive it is staying more in line.

Sharigan_User
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:06 PM

Dude, anime and reality don't mix. How come i can't run as fast and long as them, even though i run every day. Its like that. Anime can make anything happen, like sharigan. No one can predict what their enemy is going to do.

Himura_san
Sat, 07-03-2004, 12:06 AM
I get about 5 hours of a sleep a night, but by the end of the week I sleep like a bear.
It all catches up to you.
And yes this is anime and for all we know maybe Shukaku keeps garaa alive when he's not meant to be.

Gods_Son
Sat, 07-03-2004, 12:40 AM
It's fiction, and there's no point in applying real life consequences to someone with the spirit of a sand priest named Shukaku in them.

Scorpio V1.2
Sat, 07-03-2004, 06:18 AM
*sigh* Fine, i'm sorry for starting this topic. i should've known better than to ask a stupid question like that, i just like pointing out flaws in shows, i do it for the simpsons and futurama all the time.

Arcane1
Sat, 07-03-2004, 07:06 AM
another problem, quit burning the kid for asking a decent question. Why dont ya just answer it for him... yes it is an anime but the whole factor of it being something of greatness is having a world with rules, laws, and limits but hardcore characters bending or even breaking those limits. Its why we watch anime... if it wasnt realistic it would be pathetic....

jing
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by: Arcane1
another problem, quit burning the kid for asking a decent question. Why dont ya just answer it for him... yes it is an anime but the whole factor of it being something of greatness is having a world with rules, laws, and limits but hardcore characters bending or even breaking those limits. Its why we watch anime... if it wasnt realistic it would be pathetic....

Actually Ninja vanishing into thin air isn't realistic, but that's why i love it.

Gods_Son
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Nobody burned anybody, stop acting like a hero and defending for him no reason. The answer was already given. He survives with almost no sleep because it's just an anime and there are fictional elements to it.

Mut
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:47 PM
what is up with people being overly sensitive these days.

hinatacretu
Sat, 07-03-2004, 02:00 PM

well maybe we can???
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jeff_from_MD
Mon, 07-05-2004, 12:14 PM
If gaara has a mile high racoon monster living inside of him that doesn't interfere with his digestive tract or his skeletal system, and if gaara can control sand and turn it into a third eye with only his chakra, then he can freaking stay awake without sleep. god damnnnn

Assertn
Mon, 07-05-2004, 01:32 PM
actually.....ive been waiting for someone to point out the obvious and ask about this for a long time now.......

Mae
Mon, 07-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Eh... he DOES sleep. It's just that when he naps he has to worry about Shukaku destroying his personality (such as it is). He just doesn't sleep very much, which makes him cranky : P

Sabotender
Mon, 07-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by: Sharigan_User
No one can predict what their enemy is going to do.

well acctualy, almost all martial arts is baced on predicting what attack your enemy will use, and deciding a suitible counter attack. I know cause i study Tae Kwon Do.

now about the topic, really Gaara does sleep alot, he just thaught it would sound cooler if the demon came out when he slept, instead of at free will, so he painted his eyes with a lot of eye shadow and mascara i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
just kidding, but this does rime: Gaara Mascara i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

maby the demon keeps him alive and well without sleep.

Pyron
Tue, 07-06-2004, 01:23 AM
gaara can live without sleep??? he's surely the most powerful genin now!

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Tue, 07-06-2004, 07:32 AM
lmao agreed, he is the most powerful genin for sure :-P

about the sleep thing, i will repeat first what has been said a trillion times already in this thread, it is anime, it is fiction, it is a ninja universe with giant frogs, giant snakes, spells and superhuman feats

now on to what MY individual answer is, i dont remember hearing that gaara gets minimal sleep just enough to survive but has horrid dreams and has the demon take over his personality, but i do know, that shukaku protects gaara always, just like kyuubi has protected naruto several times, so maybe the demon in him protects him from some needs, the anime/reality thing doesnt necessarily work because Gaara may not die from sleep depriv. but that doesnt mean that if sasuke or naruto or sakura or anyone else had that problem they wouldnt

also, dying from sleep depriv. takes a lot of work, and yes your body does make you take powernaps even when you dont want to, try it, i have, don't sleep for 3 days, and fight it as hard as u can, your body puts u to sleep without you even realizing it, when it happened to me i could even hear and keep up with convos going on in the room around me but i was powerless to do anything about it, when your body is in trouble it kicks in a survival instinct and counteracts your will and does what it needs, for instance, try to hold your breath to choke yourself to death, dont worry, i wouldnt tell you to do it if it could work, the instant you cant take anymore your body will instantly make you breathe, just like if you dont sleep for long enough you will "pass out" and have nothing you can do/say about it, thats why being sleep deprived entirely for a full month would take a shitload of work, a shitload of help or a shitload of stress, hence why sleep deprivation happened in Vietnam, it's sort of a rare thing to die from, sorta like it's more rare for someone to actually get amnesia than tv would have you believe, not many people can say that they know of a relative that died from sleep deprivation

Pyron
Tue, 07-06-2004, 08:39 AM
ummm i was trying to be sarcastic but its hard to achieve in a forum

....and fix your name, Jiraiya is a legendary SAnnin not sennin unless your just trying to call him a hermit

Masamune
Tue, 07-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by: Scorpio V1.2
From what i know about Gaara is that he has some evil spirit sealed in him and if he falls asleep it takes over and kills anything around so he has to stay awake ALL the time to control it, my question is: Why isn't Gaara dead?, he cant sleep and from what i've heard you can die from sleep deprevation, you live for about a month then your brain cant function and you die, I thought about it and surely someone would've noticed a party loving sand incarnate going around the sand villige Killing everyone if Gaara took a nap every month to survive.
( i'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before )

actually there has been a women which hasnt slept for 8 years

click meh~! (http://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/35772?highlight=slaap)

( since most of you cant read that newspost ill translate. ( its dutch btw ))

Doctors in Romania are amazed, after finding a woman who says she hasnt slept for 8 years.

The 58 year old Maria Stelica devlopment insomnia after the death of her mother. eight years ago.She immidiately went to doctors."At first i couldn't sleep , even though I tried. Because I was afraid to dream about my mother."..But after some time i didnt need it anymore , even sleeping pills wont let me sleep anymore.

The doctors , who have performed several test CONFIRM the story of the women.
yet have no medical explanation.

Assertn
Tue, 07-06-2004, 10:48 AM
i stumbled on a pic from narutoex and then when i read the topic "something that has been bothering me about gaara", i felt the need to post something that has been bothering ME about gaara

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/AssertnFailure/scarygaara.jpg

naruto can sure change a person i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

hinatacretu
Tue, 07-06-2004, 10:51 AM
gaara is a fuckin drag queen!!! for heavens sake tat gay man... haha... cute pic though...

Pyron
Tue, 07-06-2004, 04:28 PM
that's really messed up

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Tue, 07-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by: Pyron
ummm i was trying to be sarcastic but its hard to achieve in a forum

....and fix your name, Jiraiya is a legendary SAnnin not sennin unless your just trying to call him a hermit

no the sarcasm wasnt lost, i was being sarcastic about him being the most powerful too, and second, tot he name, i know its Sannin but it was taken when i was making my name, i think maybe by a friend of mine, anyways, so thats why jiraiya is a legendary hermit, its ok anyways, cuz naruto calls him ero-sennin anyways