PDA

View Full Version : GNR

hinatacretu
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:13 PM
my fav band i would say... how bout ya guys...

ThyName
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:15 PM
i hav to say TOOL, system of a down, likin park and a perfect circle

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:14 PM
I used to be well into GNR when I was about 12, don't really listen to them anymore but some of their stuff is still pretty cool for the odd listen. I think that as a band they should have died a natural death quite a long time ago though...

shadowmantis
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:42 PM
i used to like them when i was like 12, too. just like my sister likes linkin park now. it's catchy pop-rock music. but nowadays, i don't really anjoy it as much.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:07 PM
I love GNR to this day, their first 4 albums anyway. As to having died a natural death, they weren't so old that they couldn't continue, they were just fighting and disagreeing (sp?) way too much, so they should just have left the whole thing. Regardless of that though, the legacy they left is awesome for the most part. I really miss such popular bands that pay that much attention to the composition of their music.

Concentric
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:18 PM
yeah I love Gun n' Roses, I'm listening to "It's So Easy" right now, Appetite For Destruction is one of the classic rock records. I wouoldn't call them pop-rock, their not like these pop-rockers now'er days, they knew how to write songs and they had Slash. The gunnser were just good ol' fashioned hard rock. Really though, Gun's n' Roses weren't around for a very long time, not as long as they should have with their popularity at the time, they were too screwed up on heroin and Axl went crazy with power.

I'm really digging that Velvet Revolver song Slither right now, Slash's solo is awesome, and Duff's bass work still kicks so much ass.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:24 PM
You used to hear guns n' roses on the radio at all times. I'm not calling them "pop-rock" as in a musical style, so much as I'm saying they got massive radio play and sold a lot of records. There used to be a time that music on the radio was good. I miss that time.

iminyourbrain
Fri, 07-02-2004, 06:22 PM
appettite is the gr8st album, didn't like the use your illusions, cept i got them both via columbia house OH J'EAH... Cleedus Biggsby received many cds for $.01 MuahAHahAHahAHah

Gods_Son
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by: ThyName
i hav to say TOOL, system of a down, likin park and a perfect circle

Good list, minus Linkin Park. GNR was the best 80's hair band, but I don't really like them all that much.

hinatacretu
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:57 PM
patience, civil war, sweet child of mine... my all-time greatest hit-list...

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 07-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Sweet Child Of Mine is a classic...one of the greatest riffs of all time and the solos are cool as well. Favourite song (for me) is probably Its So Easy or the cover of New Rose on the Spaghetti Incident but my favourite solo is the one at the end of Paradise City.

r3n
Sun, 07-04-2004, 06:21 AM
ThyName you like crappy bands like linkin park, but u also like tool. i dont get that

my fav bands are:

tool
NiN

Himura_san
Mon, 07-05-2004, 01:57 AM
They were good back in the day, but Axl was an idiot and fucked it up.
I have to say that my favorite GNR tune was "Patience" that song was great.
I also liked their version of Dylan's song Knocking on Heaven's Door!
Their best album were the use your illusion double album.

hinatacretu
Mon, 07-05-2004, 11:55 AM
they drfinitely have more style performin knockin' on heavens door as compared to dylan... not tat i'm critisising bob dylan... but its juz tat the song would suit GNR more...

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 07-05-2004, 09:22 PM
there and alrigth band with me