PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Instant Travel

Alai
Thu, 07-01-2004, 11:46 PM
When Naruto summons the frog. Does it start small and get big really fast? Or, Does it just come out that big. If it just comes out that big then Naruto moves faster than light. Instantly. One of Albert Einstein's theorys about faster than light travel was that it would actually take you back in time. So, Is Naruto capable of time travel?

thundrakkon
Thu, 07-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I would have to think that the summoning technique opens up some sort of portal that the creature comes through.

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:18 AM
first of all the summon's size is determined by amount of chakra you put in. for example, the frog is not summoned as a tadpole and grows to the huge size, it just comes out as how it is summoned. and what does summoning have to do with naruto moving faster than speed of light (which he doesn't)?

and don't apply physics to an anime.

kaigan
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:24 AM
it's all chakra like mutata said.

if you applied real concept into anime, you're just getting into a world of headache.

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:55 AM
Naruto is on top of the frog boss when the frog boss is summoned. So if what you say is true Mutata Naruto moves instantly from ground level to however high the frog boss is when he summons the frog boss. So in other words he moves faster than the speed of light.

Assertn
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:58 AM
no......the a frog's size doesnt change depending on how much chakra is used
the TYPE of frog is what changes

example: the little frog naruto summoned, Gamakichi, would always be that size, until it grows naturally. If naruto used more chakra, he would just end up with a larger, DIFFERENT frog, rather than a larger gamakichi.

jing
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Yeah something like that.
When he summons the creature its supposed to squash the hell out of him. But since this is an anime, it adds coolness if he ends up on top.

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:17 AM
You tell him AssertnFailure. You tell that Mutata!

Assertn
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:22 AM
lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

also, we know that gamabunta either "expands" out of the chakra or just sort of stretches a hole in the time/space continuem and extends his limbs out through that, since isnt that what we see him do the first time naruto summoned him in that ravine?

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:25 AM
very true. They could be doing serious damage to the time space continuem with every summon. "Great Scott!"

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

example: the little frog naruto summoned, Gamakichi, would always be that size, until it grows naturally. If naruto used more chakra, he would just end up with a larger, DIFFERENT frog, rather than a larger gamakichi.

whatever, i meant the same thing.

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:41 AM
ohhhhh don't like being bashed when you missed typed something =*( maybe you should be more considerate to others then

?igma
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by: Alai
ohhhhh don't like being bashed when you missed typed something =*( maybe you should be more considerate to others then

Although your topics suck, bashing Mut@t@ like that, I love you i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif , you came at him right out of the blue, congrtz i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:09 AM
lol... what the hell that was so random...

being considerate is overrated anyway.

and just in case you thought i took assertn's post as a 'bash,' i didn't... there is no reason why he would bash anyone (just judgment from the year i spent on this forum).

Jessper
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:17 AM

Truely pathetic and hypercritical, but anyways find a episode and exact time of the instance where it shows a continous scene (no cuts ect) where the frong boss is summoned except the ravine where he is summoned directly below him. The point here is that if it cuts away we have no clue how much time passed and can't say they don't come in slowly rather than instantly.

ThyName
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:46 AM
just think, the symbol at the hands when a summon is performed is the spot that the summon expands from which is why naruto get son top of the frog.

<spoilerstart> how about when oro.. summons the snake in the castle and it explodes from the inside. which would happen if the snake expanded from a single spot <spoilerend>

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:38 AM
Jessper the ep 78 10 minutes 47 seconds into it. He is surrounded by sand then up on top of the frog. We will never truely know if he moved instantly. Its just an anime series anyway. I bet the writers just didn't put any thought into it.

winnydapoo
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:40 AM
I always figured the summon came from below the user in Naruto's case... but now that I think about it, that could not have been the case against gara...

hinatacretu
Fri, 07-02-2004, 04:01 AM
When Naruto summons the frog. Does it start small and get big really fast? Or, Does it just come out that big. If it just comes out that big then Naruto moves faster than light. Instantly. One of Albert Einstein's theorys about faster than light travel was that it would actually take you back in time. So, Is Naruto capable of time travel?

with all due respect to Alai... true tat the great Albert Einstein(rest in peace) did HYPOTHESIS that if ya travel faster than light then its possible to go back in time... BUT BUT BUT... to travel faster than the speed of light is IMPOSSIBLE too!!! as describe by Einstein's special theory of relativity... which states tat the speed of light(300000000m/s) is the upper bound for all speed and it CAN and WILL NEVER be exceeded... therefore in another proposal to the travelling back in time is tat if one is able to find anti-matter(which can be viewed as matter with negative mass) then travelling back is possible.... BUT BUT BUT... once again there's always the 'granny paradox'... which i will not sought to explain coz my fuckin hands are aching from all this typing...

in any case... in the anime world.. or at least in naruto... dun tink einstein( or the laws of physic, be it classical or modern) is that phenomenal or important... well escape the real world... tats wat animes are for rite???

?igma
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by: Jessper

Truely pathetic and hypercritical, but anyways find a episode and exact time of the instance where it shows a continous scene (no cuts ect) where the frong boss is summoned except the ravine where he is summoned directly below him. The point here is that if it cuts away we have no clue how much time passed and can't say they don't come in slowly rather than instantly.

not pathetic, exactly on the spot i'd say, Mut@t@ is always playing mr arrogance i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif , OWNZ'd this time ^^

complich8
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:25 AM
mmm ..... relativity .......

@hinatacretu: not antimatter in the traditional sense (which has a measurable mass), you'd need something more like un-matter. In light of quantum mechanics and grand unified theory though, it's a fun exercise to reduce everything to waveforms and unify those waveforms into a single "thing" -- like a single substance, a wave which is its own medium so to speak. Unifying theories like this would mean that ultimately whether light is the fastest or something else is the fastest, the reason nothing can move faster would be related to the fact that everything is made of the same stuff, including light. Ya follow?

As far as the whole summoning thing goes, I prefer to think of it less as instantaneous movement, and more of being really quick and opening a wormhole-like gateway. So you get your tunnel set up, and the summon reacts and steps into the tunnel, and since these are creatures made for this very purpose they're really good at what they do. This makes the instant of summoning functionally instantaneous, but doesn't too terribly break any laws of mechanics too much.

Of course, the question then arises .... why are we worried about the laws of mechanics in naruto (which is admittedly a ninja-fantasy-adventure type CARTOON) and yet willing to accept the equally implausible bits in mecha anime, or the even more implausible mahou-shoujo genre as a whole? I don't think this merits the brainpower that's already been put toward answering the question, ya know?

HokageVirus
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:29 AM
then theres the possibility of a portal opening below naruto, and the frog rising form it. the smoke always explodes upwards so you never really SEE it, so its possible. and at the size gamabunta is, its not the speed of light, hell, its maybe 600MPH at BEST. i eman were not talking miles upon miles of distance traveled within half a second, were looking at maybe...1/4 a mile, gama isnt THAT big ya know. so in reality, thefastes hed need to move, is 8 miles a second, whereas the speed of light is three hundred MILLION.

Jessper
Fri, 07-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Jessper the ep 78 10 minutes 47 seconds into it. He is surrounded by sand then up on top of the frog. We will never truely know if he moved instantly. Its just an anime series anyway. I bet the writers just didn't put any thought into it.

Ah your right, though to be fair he was up in a tree and smoke was covering him for a second or two. Either way the writers I'm sure don't care.

hinatacretu
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by: complich8
mmm ..... relativity .......

@hinatacretu: not antimatter in the traditional sense (which has a measurable mass), you'd need something more like un-matter. In light of quantum mechanics and grand unified theory though, it's a fun exercise to reduce everything to waveforms and unify those waveforms into a single "thing" -- like a single substance, a wave which is its own medium so to speak. Unifying theories like this would mean that ultimately whether light is the fastest or something else is the fastest, the reason nothing can move faster would be related to the fact that everything is made of the same stuff, including light. Ya follow?

As far as the whole summoning thing goes, I prefer to think of it less as instantaneous movement, and more of being really quick and opening a wormhole-like gateway. So you get your tunnel set up, and the summon reacts and steps into the tunnel, and since these are creatures made for this very purpose they're really good at what they do. This makes the instant of summoning functionally instantaneous, but doesn't too terribly break any laws of mechanics too much.

Of course, the question then arises .... why are we worried about the laws of mechanics in naruto (which is admittedly a ninja-fantasy-adventure type CARTOON) and yet willing to accept the equally implausible bits in mecha anime, or the even more implausible mahou-shoujo genre as a whole? I don't think this merits the brainpower that's already been put toward answering the question, ya know?

interesting piece of info... haha... but i cant follow the argument... hated waves and the whole quantum thing all my life...

kupalmaru
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:45 AM
The frog does not go from small to big.

Remember when Naruto summon the frog when he was falling on the cliff. It was a big chakra or something that resemble a frog. Then the big chakra it turn into a frog.

Just watch that episode.

edit:

I agree with some people, it's all about the chakra. When Naruto summon Gamabunta(you can see a large amount of chakra forming in a shape of a frog). It will be impossible if that big chakra turned out to be Gamachi. LOL

ThyName
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:53 AM
very good point which can settle this dispute that really has no meaning. unless ur standing around a summoning and then ur crushed by the instintanious arrival of a HUGE frog

hinatacretu
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
The frog does not go from small to big.

Remember when Naruto summon the frog when he was falling on the cliff. It was a big chakra or something that resemble a frog. Then the big chakra it turn into a frog.

Just watch that episode.

edit:

I agree with some people, it's all about the chakra. When Naruto summon Gamabunta(you can see a large amount of chakra forming in a shape of a frog). It will be impossible if that big chakra turned out to be Gamachi. LOL

maybe its wif the contract thing... no contract no summon... not enuff chakra no big big frogs...

Assertn
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:17 PM
actually yeah, i was just correcting Mutata, not so much as "bashing" him, per se

and what i saw in the scene where naruto was falling down the ravine, was 4 legs coming out FROM a central location into the walls. The central location, of course, being the source where naruto placed the summon. If gamabunta appeared instantaneously, then wouldnt the legs either instantaneously appear against the walls, or rise up from below gamabunta to grab hold, rather than straight out from the center? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

also....the way naruto bursted out of the sand coffin, gama wouldve HAD to start out small and grow into his normal size. Since how else would they burst out of the sand like that?

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Origionally posted by HokageVirus

then theres the possibility of a portal opening below naruto, and the frog rising form it. the smoke always explodes upwards so you never really SEE it, so its possible. and at the size gamabunta is, its not the speed of light, hell, its maybe 600MPH at BEST. i eman were not talking miles upon miles of distance traveled within half a second, were looking at maybe...1/4 a mile, gama isnt THAT big ya know. so in reality, thefastes hed need to move, is 8 miles a second, whereas the speed of light is three hundred MILLION.

If Naruto does move instantly distance doesn't matter. If it is instant, it is faster than light. I'm kinda looking to AssertnFailures evidence when he summons it at the ravine. Also it could come out instantly and just knock the sand instantly away assertn. Its not like this much matters anyways. Just thought it was interesting.

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:09 PM
exactly, i knew it. assertn isn't an ass like me, he doesn't bash random people.

anyway, you guys are putting way too much thought into the where the frog is summoned. it's the creator's choice to have the frog appear in certain places so that it is most reasonable and and coolest looking. i'll give some examples. when naruto was falling down that canyon (or whatever), he only possible way for naruto to survive is if he summoned gamabunta below him, so that's what happened. when naruto escaped out of the sand, naruto appeared on top of gamabunta. so where else would naruto have been if not up on gamabunta's head? if naruto was anywhere else besides on top of gamabunta's head, then kishimoto would have to have drawn bunch of other "naruto climbs on top of gamabunta" shit which is just plain unnecessary. OK??? why can't you guys figure it out.

btw, forget my shit grammar and spelling, i just woke up.

EDIT: i totally misread something, hold on.

ok, the question is 'how did gamabunta burst out of the sand?'

no offense to assertn, but starting out small and growing big just seems ludicrous to me. i think gamabunta appeared through the special "it's an anime, anything is possible" way. he just appeared in his normal huge size, blastin through the sand. it IS a time/space type of technique.

but unless you mean, gamabunta itself was small (different than what i was talking about earlier) and then grew to his normal size, then i guess it's possible. in the previous paragraph, i thought you meant that he started as a baby frog (like gamakichi) and then grew in like .0000000000001 seconds into gamabunta.

Assertn
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:13 PM
in order for the coffin sand to explode OUTWARD, there would have to be a great deal of force from the inside trying to push out. Therefore, something would have to start inside the coffin and expand outwards in order for that effect to occur. If gamabunta just..."appeared"....then not only would the sand not explode, but wouldnt he end up occupying the space that the sand used to, thus having the sand fused into his body and probably somewhere in his organs?

and i DO bash random people.....just random people who i feel deserve it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:24 PM
I believe the move he used on naruto at that time was called desert "Funeral." But, anyways I agree with Mutata they make him summon whichever way is coolest. Which means sometimes Naruto moves instantly/ faster than the speed of light. But being an anime this has no affect to him.

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:31 PM
I believe the move he used on naruto at that time was called desert "Funeral." But, anyways I agree with Mutata they make him summon whichever way is coolest. Which means sometimes Naruto moves instantly/ faster than the speed of light. But being an anime this has no affect to him.

ok... naruto does not move faster than speed of light... if he could, he would've killed itachi by himself. when gamabunta is summoned and naruto ends up being on top of him, that just means that gamabunta was summoned BELOW naruto.

jing
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by: ?igma

Originally posted by: Jessper

not pathetic, exactly on the spot i'd say, Mut@t@ is always playing mr arrogance i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif , OWNZ'd this time ^^

So just when are you going to start talking about this topic?

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:59 PM
God your thick mutata. He can't move faster than light just on foot, or by himself. Just when he summons the frog under him. He summons it and he is instantly on top of it. So that means that he moved. he moved instantly. instantly is faster than light. So he moves faster than light when he summons the frog Gamabunta, sometimes. We can't prove this. there is too much smoke. Gamabunta could get big really fast. or naruto could jump or different' things could happen depending on how he is summoned we don't really know do we. But you sure as hell don't know Mutata thats for sure.

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:29 PM
God your thick mutata. He can't move faster than light just on foot, or by himself. Just when he summons the frog under him. He summons it and he is instantly on top of it. So that means that he moved. he moved instantly. instantly is faster than light. So he moves faster than light when he summons the frog Gamabunta, sometimes. We can't prove this. there is too much smoke. Gamabunta could get big really fast. or naruto could jump or different' things could happen depending on how he is summoned we don't really know do we. But you sure as hell don't know Mutata thats for sure.

did i not clearly explain how naruto ends up being on top of gamabunta's head???

oh my god, how old are you? are you that young so your reading comprehension and analysis skills haven't developed much? should i explain it in 3rd language so you'd understand better?

where the summoner and sumon is all depended on convinience for the summoner and the summon and the position of the actual summoning technique. i remember there was a thread on this a while ago, can't remember which forum it was in, but i remember clearly there was one. anyway, i'm just trying to say that the summoner can't move in the speed of light. your definition of 'instantly' is like teleportation when that's actually not the case.

ok... so let's look at when the 3rd summoned enma. so while the 3rd is entangled in some branches, he reaches out and touches another separate branch and summons enma. enma appears on that branch, or close to it. OK??? do you remember and understand that part?

now, let's look at the time when naruto summoned gamabunta while he was falling down that canyon. take a look at this lq screen capture from ep 56.
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/gama.jpg
do you notice that blue and red stuff BELOW naruto? ok, so that's where gamabunta was summoned and next thing we know it, naruto is on top of him. hmmm, i wonder why? oh wait, maybe it's because it has to do with where gamabunta was summoned! since gamabunta appeared below naruto, that's why naruto landed on top of him! so this explains that naruto does in fact move but not in the speed of light as you say. it's like standing on top of a flat air mattress and then pumping it with air, which makes your rise. basically, the summoning pushes you up and the speed which you rise is undetermineable so stop saying it's in the speed of light. wow, what an amazing discovery.

and now, this actually makes me believe that gamabunta is summone as himself in his normal (which is huge) size when naruto was trapped in the sand. the red/blue stuff you see there is CHAKRA/AURA, i believe. that stuff BLEW out the sand making room for gamabunta and lifting naruto up in the air and that's why there was all this sand everywhere. wow, another amazing discovery quickly solved just with more than 2 seconds of thought process.

Jessper
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:44 PM

It was Desert Coffin and he was about to use Desert Funeral but didn't get the chance. Either way this topic is more or less useless at this point as we can't tell though I agree with Mutata, if it isn't shown instantly they would have to waste air time showing Naruto climb up him which is stupid so they show it as an instantanious movement.

Alai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I don't think that red energy is supposed to be the frog boss. I'm pretty sure its the energy given to naruto by the nine tails. I agree with Jessper they show it as an instantanious movement and cover it with smoke because its not supposed to be a big deal. So maybe he doesn't move instantly which would make since. But you still cant prove it =P until they show an episode without smoke and show how it works.

nss68
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:51 PM
uhh, albert einstein's theory of relitivity doesnt quote that if u moved at the speed of light u would go back in time, it says that if u move at the speed of light time would stand still because for you to see an image, the light reflected from it travels to you at "surprise" the speed of light, if u were staring at a clock, and moved away at the speed of light the clock's image would stay the same because you would move away at the same speed that the image is being sent and it would then seem time is standing still i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif....then again i could be wrong lol

kupalmaru
Fri, 07-02-2004, 07:39 PM
When Naruto was falling on the cliff, did a smoke come out. I deleted the old episode, thats why I don't know.

hinatacretu
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:51 PM
hold on a minute guys... this aint suppose to be a science forum... well as far as the topic goes... haha but it does seemed to be evolved around the relativity theory by einstien... perhaps naruto can SUMMON einstein(einstein-summon no-jutsu) and see if the summoning process does in fact happen in a instant...
cheers for all the science fanatics!!!

cshlin
Sat, 07-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Actually, it does follow from his theory that travelling faster than the speed of light would move you backwards in time. However, you would need some nice exotic matter (which hasn't even been proven to exist) to keep a wormhole open. In addition, particles that travel faster than light do exist. They're called tachyons.

kupalmaru
Sat, 07-03-2004, 04:40 PM
It is not an instant travel.

When Naruto sumon the frog, you can see the chakra build up from his hand slowly into a form of a frog. That is no way the speed of the light.

HokageVirus
Mon, 07-05-2004, 02:09 AM
I don't think that red energy is supposed to be the frog boss. I'm pretty sure its the energy given to naruto by the nine tails. I agree with Jessper they show it as an instantanious movement and cover it with smoke because its not supposed to be a big deal. So maybe he doesn't move instantly which would make since. But you still cant prove it =P until they show an episode without smoke and show how it works.

i sure wish i livedin a world of delerium when i jsut blindly go and stand by my opinions no matter how many times their proved to be stupid.

Halo2298
Mon, 07-05-2004, 04:27 AM
do you notice that blue and red stuff BELOW naruto? ok, so that's where gamabunta was summoned and next thing we know it, naruto is on top of him. hmmm, i wonder why? oh wait, maybe it's because it has to do with where gamabunta was summoned! since gamabunta appeared below naruto, that's why naruto landed on top of him! so this explains that naruto does in fact move but not in the speed of light as you say. it's like standing on top of a flat air mattress and then pumping it with air, which makes your rise. basically, the summoning pushes you up and the speed which you rise is undetermineable so stop saying it's in the speed of light. wow, what an amazing discovery.

Ah, you don't understand what they're saying. First of all, you're right. Naruto just summons the frogs below is hand. That's how he gets on top of them. Now, what you're missing is that these guys are trying to apply real-life physics to an anime. I try not to do it myself, but I really do love trying to find scientific explanations for things. Now ya see, take Naruto's fight with Gaara. Naruto was in a tree, being captured by sand and about to be squished. So, let's say the branch Naruto is on is 30 feet off the ground. Now, Naruto summons the frog boss below him(which is why he's on top of the frog), and in an instant, Naruto is no longer 30 feet above the ground, but 500. So, in .001 seconds(that seems pretty instant i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif), Naruto went 470 feet directly upward, because the Frog Boss' body pushed him up to that new height in that instant. That's pretty darn fast. Naruto himself wasn't moving that fast by his own power, but rather, it was just Gamabunta's body mass that instantly filled the area below Naruto and forced him up. So, that's what it's all about. They were speculating if that caused Naruto to move faster than light. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif All right, I hope ya understand.

jing
Mon, 07-05-2004, 05:45 AM
But you can't go faster than light even if you're trying to find a scientifical explanation.

dragon
Mon, 07-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

that is true

r3n
Mon, 07-05-2004, 10:39 AM
its possible to "move" from one place to the other faster than the speed of light (theoretically), by "folding" space. more commonly known as creating a wormhole i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Mon, 07-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by: HokageVirus

i sure wish i livedin a world of delerium when i jsut blindly go and stand by my opinions no matter how many times their proved to be stupid.

well....he IS right about the red being the kyubi's chakra, not gamabunta. because they've emphasized several times already that red=kyubi, blue=naruto, and you can see for yourself how he starts with a little blue, but then after talking to kyubi, he gets an enormous red blob of chakra to form

Mut
Mon, 07-05-2004, 02:03 PM
i never said the red or the blue chakra was gamabunta. that's just what needs to happen before gamabunta summoned.

hinatacretu
Mon, 07-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by: cshlin
Actually, it does follow from his theory that travelling faster than the speed of light would move you backwards in time. However, you would need some nice exotic matter (which hasn't even been proven to exist) to keep a wormhole open. In addition, particles that travel faster than light do exist. They're called tachyons.

erm well... as far as i know... particles tat travel faster than light do exist but only hypothethically... tachyons hasnt exactly been discovered yet...

PSJ
Mon, 07-05-2004, 04:42 PM

the creature is made up from noodles that naruto got in his pocket so he applies fire to them they take the form of a frgo then he cools them down with water and smoke comes cause of the smoke they start living. you all know that smoke makes things live right?

frexeze
Mon, 07-05-2004, 05:19 PM
what's a frgo i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Mon, 07-05-2004, 05:34 PM
its a typo on frog jackass i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Elrone
Mon, 07-05-2004, 07:28 PM
This thread is kinda annoying me so I had to make my first post i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Speaking from a physicists point of view (doing my masters), assuming that gamabunta is coming through a wormhole then the space around where Naruto summons him would have to be tremendously warped by it. If this were to happen then it is entirely possible for Naruto to effectively move from one place to another faster than the speed of light. (he would actually be moving at a normal speed, but the space inbetween would be shorter - even though it might look the same) This is one of the better theories for faster than light travel, by bending space so that you only have to travel a shorter distance, although it is a bit SF.

If that hasn't confused anyone then yay! cos it confuses me i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Secondly, just remember this is anime, not reality...

I think i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Pyron
Tue, 07-06-2004, 01:20 AM
i think its funny when people try to apply real life things to stuff in anime....come on now

Draken
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Isnt time a theory in the first place?

Draken

PSJ
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:47 AM
time is just something made up by humans to understand why things gets older and it changes from night to day for example right? i dont know much about this kind of stuff but thats the conclusion me and my friend came up with..... its quite common for topics to turn into sience(sp?) discussions these days i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kakashi_gurl
Fri, 07-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Applying Physics to an anime show is not very bright u know..i mean.if ur gonna argue about the speed of light..y not argue how is "chakra" in our bodies....
anime is simply anime...theres nothing to it...ur an idiot if u try applying these laws of physics to an anime show..i mean..HOW THE HECK DOES BYAKUGAN EXIST?!?!?!...and..how can bugs be inside ur body and not kill u?

Masakari
Fri, 07-09-2004, 04:45 PM
No intelligent story would try and disclude known laws of physics. Off topic but, theoretically, if we had some sort of spiritual energy, hereditary defects could easily be passed down that weren't really defects. "Oh look, if I put energy in my eyes, I can make them change color and they give me super vision!" It's not so inconceivable if you take into consideration you have a form of spiritual energy that is not proven to exist in our universe. But no one's trying to prove that so I'm rambling.

You can easily include the laws of physics because those are known laws that you cannot defy. Anime and stories may sometimes break the laws, but they still include them. "Oh look I can fly, but I gravity still exists because I can still walk if I wanted to, I can just fly as well" No one's trying to prove anything, like how Neji can have a 359ish degree field of vision. It started as speculation on how Naruto ends up on top of the frog, and the frog's summoning speed was brought up. People go, "Well gamabunta appears super fast so that's the speed of light!" It's hardly the speed of light, anyway (if it were you'd probably see the summon before the smoke appeared from the impact of it, but you don't see that so it's safe to assume it takes a little bit of time for the frog to appear)