PDA

View Full Version : Time-out all the time.

krycek061085
Thu, 07-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Is there anyway to stop BT from timing out on me? My ports are open and all, but for some reason, after a good amount of time, both UL and DL shrink to zero spontaneously, and I get a timeout error message.

Novice*
Thu, 07-01-2004, 07:21 AM
i am timing out too

what's going on ?

complich8
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:39 AM
if it's to gotwoot, it could be a random routing or dns issue, I don't know how the tracker's been doing lately.

If it's to every tracker you find all the time (or something relatively consistent) you might be having a home network problem (ie: one of my friends has a router that locks up every 4 gigs or so of data transfer acrss it, because it's dumb). Make sure you're not experiencing hardware failures or general network problems (try pinging various places, etc). Also make sure your upload isn't completely saturated.

A lot of new tracker hosts underestimate the traffic and the system load on tracker tracking a popular torrent. Scarywater for example has about 35000 clients on it at any given time, so can get a bit bogged down, and it's on a dedicated server on a pretty good colo host. Gotwoot is also huge (though not as huge as scarywater in sheer numbers) but again despite being on a dedicated server that does nothing but that, it still has its troubles keeping up with naruto release days.