PDA

View Full Version : samurai champloo ep 03

eggboi70
Wed, 06-30-2004, 10:22 AM
i downloaded episode 3 last night and this morning, i tried to watch it, but it wouldn't work. all i got was 20 seconds of black screen....what's goin on? did anybody else have this problem?

AngryGumball
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:43 PM
yeah, the new fansubbing site their versions odn't work on WMP so I downloaded Videolan and it works perfectly on that. I've discovered that Videolan is my fallback when WMP and Divx do not work. Videolan is a very small download and it still goes into fullscreen mode which I like when watching, gotta right click screen and choose fullscreen for it to go fullscreen.

Arcane1
Thu, 07-01-2004, 02:56 AM
It wont work with Winamp either.

complich8
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:32 AM
I recommend ffdshow in the place of xvid and/or divx5 these days. I've personally experienced a lot of problems recently playing things with xvid directshow filters (player lockups, etc) and there's the whole "keeping up with the versions" thing which isn't a fun game to play. ffdshow tends to kinda just resolve that, and will probably resolve your problem as well.

I won't personally recommend winamp as a video player, because .... well ... it just feels wrong to me. You can use whatever, though. As long as it lets ffdshow hook xvid playback for itself, you should be fine.