PDA

View Full Version : OH MY GOD! Look at this...

JusDaMan
Tue, 06-29-2004, 08:50 PM
http://ee.1asphost.com/JusDaMan/TMP11.JPG

just read about hinata...

this is what viz did in chapter 39. ANOTHER REASON I WILL NOT SUPPORT BUYING THEIR MANGA!(i got this off my friend)

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:27 PM
sounds kinda close to the anime version......im more confused about shino's....
"I dont know this guy from adam."???

hopeknight
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Viz is clearly color blind or just stupid. Either way 'Art of the Doppleganger' was enough for me not to buy Viz's releases anyway.

Mut
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:58 PM
hinata is an idiot. they were lenient on her description.

kaigan
Wed, 06-30-2004, 01:35 AM
BAHAHAHAHAAHAAA.

"That dog would taste great with some hot sauce"

HOLY SHIT!!! that's funny stuff.

Stoopider
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:33 AM
Ouch... damn.. damn!!! Damn!!!

Can't find the words to place my distraught.

Kumiriko
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:58 AM
Hummm. maybe there eyes are bleeding for the atosaties they are preforming

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Perfect justification for only buying manga from TokyoPop

Masamune
Wed, 06-30-2004, 07:20 AM
a little shy brunette?

since when is hinata a brunette. or did she dye her hair >_>

Toruxxx
Wed, 06-30-2004, 11:44 AM
i cant see it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Legendary Nin
Wed, 06-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Last time I checked Tokyopop has done more than 2x the damage of Viz.But hey,maybe I just don't follow the original mangas and all of Tokyopops edits,mistakes,and contradictions are normal.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 06-30-2004, 12:24 PM
they changed it from "a shy dark girl" to "a shy brounnte girl", the original maening was creepy and unsocial, the new meaninng it only about her hair color (which isn't exactly brounnte anyway)

Tofu #2
Wed, 06-30-2004, 12:49 PM
i cant see it. it says the bandwidth has been exceded. whats happening?

kuro
Wed, 06-30-2004, 10:23 PM
seriouly now this isn't even funny. whoever translated this needs to be dragged out and beaten to death with cucumbers.

Knives122
Thu, 07-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Ummmmmmmmm, Yeeaaah that was strange I had seriously no idea what that was about, it was just strange

OchiO
Thu, 07-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Adam? Brunette ?! O.o
May the fans have mercy on Viz's souls...

Himura_san
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:32 AM
For all you flunkies out there, here is a definition of brunette courtesey of Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Main Entry: 1bruˇnet
Variant(s): or bruˇnette /brü-'net/
Function: noun
: a person having brown or black hair and usually a relatively dark complexion.

She clearly is a brunette based on this definition.

hopeknight
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by: Himura_san
For all you flunkies out there, here is a definition of brunette courtesey of Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Main Entry: 1bruˇnet
Variant(s): or bruˇnette /brü-'net/
Function: noun
: a person having brown or black hair and usually a relatively dark complexion.

She clearly is a brunette based on this definition.

Brown or black eh? Have you watched the show, her hair is purple.

Himura_san
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:57 AM
In the manga its clearly black and its not purple in the show although it slightly hints it. Since we are talking manga then we can refer to it as brunette.

hopeknight
Fri, 07-02-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by: Himura_san
In the manga its clearly black and its not purple in the show although it slightly hints it. Since we are talking manga then we can refer to it as brunette.

One of the manga covers has Hinata on it and in color, and it clearly depicts her hair color as purple.

hinatacretu
Fri, 07-02-2004, 04:27 AM
but seriously... do ya guys tink the dog will tatse great wif hot sauce???

RasenDori
Fri, 07-02-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by: hopeknight

One of the manga covers has Hinata on it and in color, and it clearly depicts her hair color as purple.

agreed...there are only three colors in manga black white and gray. by himura_sans logic naruto sakura and kakashi all have white hair...which we know is completely wrong

i became a naruto fan reading the US shonen jump...and after watching one ep. of the anime i realized that viz does indeed suck...but its the only way for an american like myself can officially support the works of kishimoto so i will contiune to purchase their manga

and boy the kishimotos art suck back then or what...the faces look weird and the eyes arent aligned correctly...im gonna go look at a recent chapter to keep my eyes from hurting so much

XwingRob
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:53 AM
became a naruto fan reading the US shonen jump...and after watching one ep. of the anime i realized that viz does indeed suck...but its the only way for an american like myself can officially support the works of kishimoto so i will contiune to purchase their manga

Yeah, that's really the only reason why I buy their manga as well.

Assertn
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:34 PM
who cares if they call her a brunette....even if they have a cover with her purple hair, most people wont think much of it anyway

besides......the main reason i wouldnt think much of it......is because they said gaara has BROWN hair in both manga and anime translations

kuro
Mon, 07-05-2004, 08:52 AM
based on the translations that viz and tokyopop do i think their translation team consists of a dozen howler monkeys with a japanese-english dictionary...

PSJ
Mon, 07-05-2004, 03:21 PM
i dont even think that was serious. to me it looks like some bad joke. what the hell does "i dont know much about this guy, adam didnt say much" or whatever it said on shino. it looks way to much like a joke either that or americans are stupid.

kuro
Mon, 07-05-2004, 06:55 PM
im with the americans are stupid theory

Assertn
Mon, 07-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
i dont even think that was serious. to me it looks like some bad joke. what the hell does "i dont know much about this guy, adam didnt say much" or whatever it said on shino. it looks way to much like a joke either that or americans are stupid.

bite me......im from america and im just as confused as you are

PSJ
Tue, 07-06-2004, 02:15 PM
ok, sorry bout that comment. but seriously that cant be serious can it?

Melvinmaniacs
Tue, 07-06-2004, 03:54 PM
I don't know what the deal is with SJ translators, but a couple of months ago, Asuma was mistakenly called Kurenai, and last month, they described Lee as "one of many student ninja from foreign villages". How is he a foreigner when he wears the leaf symbol as a belt?

Assertn
Tue, 07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
itsok PSJ

wha?? they called Asuma Kurenai??
wow........

PSJ
Tue, 07-06-2004, 05:46 PM
lol these viz guys seem to destroy the manga, i think we need to write a complain letter to these guys i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif no seriously would be quite good if someone did.

kuro
Tue, 07-06-2004, 06:42 PM
its a conspiracy to destroy great works of japanese animation...or viz is completly retarded. i also agree with pervert-sennin, i think we should start a petition demanding that viz OR tokyopop screw up any more manga with bad translations and their stupid "interpretations" of things(ex. kage bunshin no jutsu=art of the doppelganger wtf!?)

xtort
Wed, 07-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Seeing as I can't actually view the image, I can't comment about it. I can, however, say that "I don't know him from Adam" is a saying that means "I don't know him at all." Hinata being called a shy brunette girl could be a literal take on "dark girl," if the original text was talking about her hair color and not her disposition.

Again, not being able to see it, I really like when people try to match up idiomatic sayings from one language to another. It's really hard. If a character in an American comic said "Jeez, that shit bites!" how the hell could that be faithfully translated into another language until you knew idiomatic American English. (And don't even get me talking about "Cockney" English; that'd be impossible to translate without a crackerjack decoder ring for all the readers.)

Having done some work with scanslation groups, let me just say that this stuff is hard to do. (That doesn't excuse any misspellings. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif)

Would anyone be able to post another link to this image for my perusal? Thanks.

-xtortout

PSJ
Wed, 07-07-2004, 05:12 PM
who are the people that translate for viz? sine you can learn things like that xtort..... just some looking up and shit. well either way im glad i dont live in america.

kuro
Wed, 07-07-2004, 09:37 PM
i cant see why viz and other companies cant do proper translations, i mean AA, toriyama's world and other fansubs and manga translations done by fans do a much better job and their not getting paid. if viz wants to get decent translations hire those ppl or at least a fan of the series that knows fluent english AND japanese. with the job thats done for FREE on the internet they really have no excuse.

Masakari
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:33 PM
All big business are like that. You think the people translating care what they're translating? They want to cut costs, so an extra revision on top of what they already do is considered excess. They know they don't need perfect manga, because in the commercial world they are in charge. They get by with small mistakes like this, people complain, they don't care because they are still making oodles of cash.

The reason fan subbing tends to be better is because since there are so many fan subbers, there is a sense of competition around, at least there probably is. That, and fan subbers do it for fun not for money, so hiring another person for revisions is cost-free.

PSJ
Thu, 07-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: kuro
i cant see why viz and other companies cant do proper translations, i mean AA, toriyama's world and other fansubs and manga translations done by fans do a much better job and their not getting paid. if viz wants to get decent translations hire those ppl or at least a fan of the series that knows fluent english AND japanese. with the job thats done for FREE on the internet they really have no excuse.

exactly.

masakari, the swedish translators are manga fans themselfs so they care what they translate, that is one of the good things with the swedish translators. its not hard for viz to hire manga interested people that can translate there are tons of fansubbers who does the same work for free and they do it better.

Eurasian
Fri, 07-09-2004, 01:34 PM
yea really, what's up w/ their translations???

i buy it also to support naruto in america. encourage more naruto releases here.

kuro
Tue, 08-24-2004, 05:32 PM
im up 4 supporting the anime but not if the companies are gonna do a half-assed job with it and then i cant get a higher quality fansub or scantilation because the anime/manga is licenced.

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-25-2004, 08:51 AM
World-class freak INDEED!!!!! So damn true. Just accept it.

Respect for Viz +5912

JusDaMan
Wed, 08-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Dang.... just read another butchered chapter of naruto.. my god they made neji sound homo/pediphile

Terracosmo
Wed, 08-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
Dang.... just read another butchered chapter of naruto.. my god they made neji sound homo/pediphile

...and there went the Viz respect I just built up...

AlbinoFury
Wed, 08-25-2004, 08:09 PM
oh thisll hella tick u off then terra, the byakugan is called catch this "evil eyes"

Lefty
Wed, 08-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Someone really should mail Viz about this shit. I think a boycott or somthing should be done. God knows I've stoped buying Naruto. The translation is too Vizified. Naruto is ruined for the US.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by: Melvinmaniacs
I don't know what the deal is with SJ translators, but a couple of months ago, Asuma was mistakenly called Kurenai, and last month, they described Lee as "one of many student ninja from foreign villages". How is he a foreigner when he wears the leaf symbol as a belt?

When did they said that?
For what I recall Shounen Jump is currently in the very same part from that pic... just entering the classroom for the 1st exam... the only part where they have said their name was when they postulated their teams for the exam, and they said it correctly.

I also am very dissapointed in many translations, but hey... only way to support Kishimoto-sensei's work

Terracosmo
Thu, 08-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury
oh thisll hella tick u off then terra, the byakugan is called catch this "evil eyes"

Yeah I read that at narutofan, I had a seizure and cried 2 bathtubs full.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

hyuga_hinata
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:50 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/ts000vc/petition.html

Hey ppls, I just found this~

OOh and does anyone have that scan? The Bandwith has been exceeded and as painful it will be, I want to see it for myself

Souryusen
Sat, 08-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by: hyuga_hinata

OOh and does anyone have that scan? The Bandwith has been exceeded and as painful it will be, I want to see it for myself

Signed.

Here's hoping it's not an exercise in futility.

kuro
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by: hyuga_hinata

man i hope this works. all self-respecting naruto fans should sign this petition.

RyougaZell
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Signed.
I hope it works....

Hennyo
Sun, 08-29-2004, 11:23 PM
signed that too but i just got to say they translate the manga like this in the name of reaching the non anime/manga freak but in the process they've forsaken their base fans.

PSJ
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:13 AM
translating like that destroys it for everyone even if naruto is some ppls first manga they read they will probably learn more about all this once they are into anime and manga completly which will result in that they will also hate viz for what they did. ill sign that petition later i dont got the time now :/

Garlannd
Tue, 08-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Signed only 866 sigs cmon people!

Jman
Tue, 08-31-2004, 02:36 PM
just signed it. i hope Viz takes the petition into consideration and pleases the fans.

Fox Fire
Tue, 08-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Signed, i'm no longer buying shonen jump or the graphic noves.

Lefty
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:27 PM
Signed, and I have been boycotting the Viz translations since I bought the third book and found the translations to still suck Ass.