PDA

View Full Version : Kurau Phantom Memory

Munsu
Tue, 06-29-2004, 05:10 AM
New anime that looks very promesing!! KURAU Phantom Memory... it is from BONES which has brought us many of our favorite animes...

The first episode can be found here by anime-haven although I hope other groups pick it up, although it's a start and it shouldnt be that bad ( i havent watched it yet)....

Episode 1 by Anime-Haven (http://www.theanimehaven.com/BT/[ah]_kurau_-_01_[AD6231CA].avi.torrent)

Here's a promo by Ayu just in case you are curious

Promo by Ayu (http://a.scarywater.net/ayu/[Ayu]_Kurau_Phantom_Memory_-_Promotion_[504D0C63].avi.torrent)

Don't Miss OUT!!!

Munsu
Thu, 07-01-2004, 12:52 AM
A-keep just released their version... get it here:

A-Keep Episode 1 (http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/[A-Keep]_-_KURAU_Phantom_Memory_-_01_[5BBF46A0].avi.torrent)

This really seems like a cool series... I suggest you give it a try

BigR
Thu, 07-01-2004, 01:25 AM
watched the first ep, and it looks real nice. Story seems interesting enough for me to care.

XwingRob
Thu, 07-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Hmm, pretty weird. I guess I can watch a couple more episodes.

Aeon
Thu, 07-01-2004, 06:47 PM
I like it, it seems more intersting then a couple shows I am currently watching.

Lefty
Thu, 07-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Looks like a promising series. I read an article aboiut in this months newtype usa it seems we might have a really good series on our hands. Can't wait to watch more.

stallionslayer
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:27 AM
Just finished the first ep

It looks cool...storyline is interesting...i guess that's another series to my list of downloads i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Does anyone know how many eps this is going to be?

yenlowang
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:50 PM
very ghost in the shell-ish

Foomanchew24
Sat, 07-03-2004, 12:12 PM
thanks for the suggestion Budweineken, it was bit strange but the animation is great. i was also thinking it was a bit like ghost in the shell, but that's ok with me, hope it only gets better.

DraGunZer0
Sat, 07-03-2004, 01:50 PM
I hated the first 10 minutes.. it seemed boring and lame but then later in the first ep, i was kinda hooked with the neat action. I'll give this anime a couple more eps before coming to a conclusion about it

hikaru004
Sat, 07-03-2004, 05:59 PM
It's licensed by ADV. You guys should get ep 2 while you can.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 07-03-2004, 06:07 PM
i tried ep one and i figured that this is not an anime for me

hacks21
Sat, 07-03-2004, 08:21 PM
does anyone knows any site that will still sub this anime?

Aeon
Sat, 07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by: hikaru004
It's licensed by ADV. You guys should get ep 2 while you can.

LMAO, just like I said in the Baku Ten thread. Everytime I like a show it gets licensed before completion. I can hear ADV now knocking at Madlax doori/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. and Deluxskillz did you watch the whole ep1 or just stopped in the middle like I was thinking of?

Lefty
Sat, 07-03-2004, 11:24 PM
People will still sub it. But jesus christ that was fast. I think some one is playing a bad joke, no series unless made by Genon or Bandai is liscensed this early in the game.

Munsu
Sun, 07-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Just wondering... who did a better job in translation and type setting?

Ayu or anime-keep?

hikaru004
Sun, 07-04-2004, 02:28 AM
I think that both groups did a great job, but I think that Ayu had the better karaoke and font. I don't understand Japanese so I can't comment on translation.

Elfo
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:10 PM
ADV made everyone dropped (SUX) Sombody knows any group who stills subbing Kurau?

Munsu
Sun, 07-11-2004, 10:12 PM
None at the moment... I'm hoping for a spoon, or a mutsu, or a lmf somewhere

HaZMaTiK
Mon, 07-12-2004, 09:29 AM
woot getting episode 2 glad this group i been hanging around finally put it out soon episode 3 july 18th hehe

Munsu
Mon, 07-12-2004, 09:55 AM
where are you getting episode 2 from?

Edit:

Oh, cool vagrant anime and anime reentry are continuing it...

HaZMaTiK
Mon, 07-12-2004, 10:13 AM
i try to get on downlow as they do nto want ot be out in the public eye i guess

Munsu
Tue, 07-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Just saw a new group... animeyuki start working on the project...

If possible... can someone with a fast connection give their first episode a try and tell me how it looks, specifically how it compares with vagrant and anime-reentry...

Thanks...

Aeon
Fri, 07-23-2004, 11:14 AM
A group named Sora released ep3 earlier, here are some pics of the ep taken by HBAsian so you can see the quality.

http://members.rogers.com/heartbreakasian/sora.html

Munsu
Fri, 07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
They have a couple of trackers banned... my bitcomet was banned and an old version of Azureus was banned....

Anyways... Sora is a good "secret" group... I recommend them...

It's kinda obvious who they are if you do the math...

Aeon
Fri, 07-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Well looks like we have the beginnings of a plot now. And of course I know who Sora is but maybe you could say who they are for the people that don't knowi/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Munsu
Fri, 07-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Well who i think they are ayu... they are the only group (and A-H but they dont count) that did up to episode 2 and dropped it...

who do you think they are?

P-Virus
Fri, 07-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey BUd we any chance you hava the ".torrent " for ayu's ep 02 or a link or something?

thanx in advance

BTW WTF is wrong with irc.rizon I cant connect

Aeon
Fri, 07-23-2004, 04:13 PM
I had no clue who it was i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, I just wanted you to say who it was so I could know i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Munsu
Fri, 07-23-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm connected... but in other servers i've heard some people complaining about rizon...

I havent found a torrent nor a fserver for ayu's episode 2

I currently have animeyuki's episode 2, but I am in the process of getting ayu's episode 2 with emule

BTW episode 3 was very good... I looks like 4 will be even better

P-Virus
Fri, 07-23-2004, 05:31 PM
emule?
tell me how

Munsu
Fri, 07-23-2004, 06:02 PM
I always use the anidb database to get the links I want....

go to www.anidb.net and creat an account...

then follow the instructions in this link...

http://animereactor.ath.cx/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1680

it will help you set up...

but i warn you that emule is very slow...

I'll give you the quicky...

download emule..

set your nickname to have an [ARC] tag.... for ex. PVirus[ARC]

then connect to this server... in emule

ed2k://|server|66.194.40.98|700|

then in www.anidb.net you can click on the episode links once you register there... they will automatically transfer to emule...

for better info you can go to #animereactor @ irc.chatsociety.net for help

Noir
Fri, 07-23-2004, 11:40 PM
That whole "job" in episode 2 seemed such a filler, and so bloody early in a series to use one. Hopefully the story setup is sweet and they don't use too many filler moments early on.

Munsu
Sat, 07-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Well the job part was unrelated to the whole story line... but everything else that happened in episode 2 was in no way a filler...

Aeon
Sat, 07-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Well Noir doesn't look like you'll have to worry bout filler early on after watching ep3.

Munsu
Sat, 08-14-2004, 02:19 AM
Episode 4 had a cliffhanger at the end... I really like where this series is heading...

Btw Sora released episodes 5 and 6... Im downloading at the moment

Kyashan
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:18 PM
I love this anime, another great work from the creators of Earth Girl Arjuna.

I was wondering if someone has a clue about the origin of Christmas physical body, it's not really explained.

Munsu
Fri, 08-27-2004, 06:20 PM
I think Christmas's body comes from the Rynax mixing up with Kurau's DNA and creating like a clone or something... something along those lines...

Anyways... episode 7 is out by sora for those interested

http://a.depthstrike.com/sora/

Lefty
Fri, 08-27-2004, 07:56 PM
thanks.

Munsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 04:00 AM
Episode 8 is out by animeyuki... but i dont think there is a torrent yet since the torrent seeder seems to be asleep...

but you can get it of IRC #animeyuki @ rizon

Munsu
Sun, 09-19-2004, 06:52 PM
episodes 8, 9, and 10 out by Sora...

11 is comming out soon after.....

torrent on mirkx

Fumoffu
Mon, 09-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Why Episodes 8-10 from Sora doesn't downloading?

Munsu
Mon, 09-20-2004, 07:01 PM
What? i dont know...maybe update your BT client

episode 11 is out also by Sora

http://a.depthstrike.com/sora/

Thisis a list of banned clients... make sure yours is not on the list

http://depthstrike.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=10

Fumoffu
Mon, 09-20-2004, 11:24 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Budweineken
What? i dont know...maybe update your BT client

And how do I do that?

Munsu
Mon, 09-20-2004, 11:25 PM
i dont know... install a newer one...

like look for the new versions of azureus... bittornado... etc... use google

mugen-x
Tue, 09-21-2004, 04:44 PM
anyone know where i can get this direct download

Fumoffu
Tue, 09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
i dont know... install a newer one...

like look for the new versions of azureus... bittornado... etc... use google

Thank you Oni- san!
Now it works!

Munsu
Sun, 01-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Kurau ENDING SPOILERS!!

I just finished watching Kurau, and I have to say that this is easily one of the best well made animes out there... It had a great ending also... I like when endings go the extra step to show you the aftermath of what transpired throught the series... for example jumping ahead 10 years...

This was simply great and the music was nothing less than fantastic...

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Man seriously...

Why did none of you lazy bums watch this... this is an excellent series...

Too bad that the good subs are hard to find right now, aside from emule and probably DC++... Man I really wish more of you guys would have seen this...

If anyone is interested, go download the Sora [they are Ayu after episode 2] version, though you'll find the AnY more accessible...

GuardianShado
Fri, 08-26-2005, 06:29 PM
you can only get them from AnY's irc channel now right? i tried searching the site but i couldnt find the torrents anywhere, not like anyone's gonna be seeding it now i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. and i have a little trouble trying to get irc to work. Bud, if you could send it to me via irc, i dont know how long it'll take, but i'll be forever thankful. i checked out the storyline for it on anidb and it got me. any help would be greatly appreciated i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 06:31 PM
I'll see what I can do, you'll have to wait till i'm back at college...

Munsu
Thu, 12-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Sorry for the lateness in replying... but since my college are assholes, I won't be able to hook you up...

Here are some torrents you can use...

http://isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=4184380 <--- AnY complete series 2 seeds currently

http://isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=7373563 <--- AnY episodes 1-12... 2 seeds currently

http://isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=6984360 <--- AnY episodes 13-24... 5 seeds currently

All links taken from isohunt.com

David75
Fri, 10-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Kurau Phantom Memory

Now this is an awesome series, it's on my top 5 all time. It is close to being my favorite all time. It's about a little girl that gets into an accident with her dad's experiment. The accident caused a new type of energy, which is an entity also, to take over her body and memories, and at the same time gains supernatural powers. As the new energy takes over her body, her consciousness goes into a deep sleep. Ten years later, she's living as an agent, and it is now when a powerful organization goes after her. This series is full of great action, awesome music, and great drama.

I recommend downloading the Sora version, but it's practically impossible to find unless you use emule, here's a link for AnimeYuki's version, though Sora's version was much better.

http://isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=4184380

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...1017&enterthread=y (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=11017) = Discussion Thread

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/6628/ac256m13vd.jpg

I've been watching this show.
I guess I need some time to really think about it and sort out things.

I have to say I didn't watch the eps over a short period of time, but rather 3 or 4 batches over 4 weeks. I wasn't able to watch it straight as I usually do.

The thing is that the will to watch was almost the same power as the will to stop watching.

I probably was lost all the way, at least consciously, on the subjects or arcs that would normaly catch my interrests. But unconsciously I've been coming back to it.

You know, I'm not the last to bash usual sotries made of the same type of scenario: A bit of braveness, a bit of romance, a bit of action all in a very flashy anime (or book, or film, or tv show). And when I find a series that doesn't follow this path, I'm lost, almost :D

And I thank you for finding this gem and proposing it to us. I guess as I said earlier I'll need some time to be able to tell more about this show.

Howerver first things that seem to be very pregnant in that series:
Post war feelings and actions (although 50 years after last worldwide conflict)
Nuclear like Diseases and wiping (different, but can be compared in a way)
The pair idea, that could be compared to deep love, friendship, brotherhood, familly tie. When I say deep, I mean deep ;)

Things I didn't like was the killings that sometimes were just massive and useless to the series, although very soft graphically, or even very beautiful to see... which may be far worse than plain gore violence in a way.

C u and thanks

Lucifus
Tue, 01-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Any idea where I can get the opening and soundtracks for this? First time hunting, can't find anything on this one.:rolleyes:

Munsu
Tue, 01-09-2007, 06:33 PM
#nipponsei should have bots with all the songs of the series... I think there are about 2 or 3 soundtrack sets.

The soundtrack is great, Lonely Freedom is awesome.

Kraco
Tue, 01-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Seconded. The soundtrack is definitely worth getting. And yes, Nipponsei is where I got it from.

Lucifus
Wed, 01-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Many Thanks. I realise just how awesome they are, thats why i'm itching to get my hands on em. Will check out #nipponsei when I get home. Thanks :cool:

Munsu
Wed, 03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Not that I care about DVDs, but this really gets to me and why I think these licensing companies are a bunch of motherfuckers.

It's been almost 3 years since ADV licensed this series, and now on April 10 the first DVD will finally be released. Now this motherfuckers expect fansubs to not do their shit, and expect us to wait three years to watch a series? This people are irresponsible jackasess.

?igma
Wed, 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Going to see if any newsservers have it..., cant seem to find any active torrents and I'm not much of an IRC whore. Too addictively social.

David75
Wed, 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Not that I care about DVDs, but this really gets to me and why I think these licensing companies are a bunch of motherfuckers.

It's been almost 3 years since ADV licensed this series, and now on April 10 the first DVD will finally be released. Now this motherfuckers expect fansubs to not do their shit, and expect us to wait three years to watch a series? This people are irresponsible jackasess.

I wonder if they use some fansub to help translating series...
I don't know if we have that one licensed in my country...

Anyways it was worth seeing.