PDA

View Full Version : Comp problems

Nine Tailed Demon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm trying to watch my Naruto 89 and my One piece and my Windows Media player is not opening. Everytime I click it(shortcut on desktop, shortcut in start menu, and file in Windows Media Player>Program files>C>My computer). When I click it, the hour glass comes up for 2 seconds and a noise is made, thats it.

When I try to watch it in Winamp, it plays the ep, upside down! WTF is that?

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by: Nine Tailed Demon
I'm trying to watch my Naruto 89 and my One piece and my Windows Media player is not opening. Everytime I click it(shortcut on desktop, shortcut in start menu, and file in Windows Media Player>Program files>C>My computer). When I click it, the hour glass comes up for 2 seconds and a noise is made, thats it.

When I try to watch it in Winamp, it plays the ep, upside down! WTF is that?

do older episodes play? if they do then, most likely you're not up-to-date on the latest codecs. i'm too lazy to look for the link right now, but i'm sure you can find them real quick if you just browse around the threads. there are millions of them.

ohhh... ok, i misunderstood the question. nm.

Nine Tailed Demon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:55 PM
It's not codecs, the windows media player program doesn't open, not the file

stos289
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:11 PM
If your sure its not a codec problem (Even if you think its not, you might want to install the latest divx, xvid, and ffdshow codecs on your computer. You can find the links in numerous places on the forums), then this is what I suggest you do. Uninstall the Windows Media Player version you have now, and then install the latest version (9.0) from here (http://www.download.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=Windows+Media+Player&tg=dl-2001) (depending on what OS you have). If it still doesn't play, then I suggest you use a different player such as RealPlayer or VLC Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). Hope I could help.

Nine Tailed Demon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:29 PM
It can't be a codec problem, you know how the windows media screen comes up, that doesn't happen, thats the problem

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:46 PM
you should take a screenshot of the msg/problem and post it here so we can get a better idea.

Nine Tailed Demon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 10:45 PM
I'll try re-downloading Windows Media player, it's not something you can see though. I double click it with the mouse(arrow), the hour glass comes on and then a sound plays(Da dah!) and nothing...

Jman
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:23 PM
if the redownload+install fails then perhaps you may want to try a different media player seeing as they're many good ones to choose from.