PDA

View Full Version : Naruto VS Sasuke

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Which is stronger? Who would win?

I really have no idea which jutsu is the strongest, but seeing as it took 3 years for the fourth to learn it and ero-sennin is using it, i'd have to say i think that jutsu is stronger than the Chidori...

PS. Hang me if you want, but i've searched for this subject, i've looked through a lot of pages, used the search-function, so f*** off.

Saruto
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm a stupid idiot and i won't spoil ever again.

Edited by Krbadass

nayee
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:59 PM
after a TON of thought about this subject.. and with a few arguments from close relatives of mine (my grandma and aunt).. i realized WHO CARES!@#!@#!#111

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:04 PM
good one saruto, blabber mouth.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:07 PM
this has already been discussed a while ago in open discussion i think which means that this is a repeat thread.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Don't quote spoilers/

kaigan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Ero-sennin's jutsu will win. that's my speculation.

yvliew
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
this has already been discussed a while ago in open discussion i think which means that this is a repeat thread.

boo.. open discussion allows spoilers. It is a different forum. Use ur pea brain....lol

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:45 PM
I say the new jutsu naruto's learning would win. Reason? It's a technique from the 4th who was a genius coming later in the series and is being learned by Naruto, which I have this suspicion (certainty?) is genetically related to the 4th, who is stronger than kakashi (another suspicion/certainty). Amounts to a bunch of nothing really, but whatever. As far as Naruto vs. Sasuke, right now, it's Naruto. Not even much of a debate there.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:47 PM
question is what spoilers or facts if you want to call it that is there? the only spoiler has already been said in this thread. so the open discussion thread is also full of speculation and nothing more. which means that this thread is no diffrent.

Assertn
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:17 PM
PSJ, you cant tell people to go talk about it in open discussion, because people in open discussion can post whatever they want with no discretion...
so just cool it on the "repeat thread" stuff, will ya? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

since the only time you've seen the full effect of jiraiya's move was on a tree......you cant ask yet which one is stronger, but as i've said in the other discussions, assassination techniques are assassination techniques.....it doesnt matter which is stronger if both are meant to kill the target in one shot. What IS important, however, is the fact that chidori seems to use up so much chakra that kakashi can only perform it 4 times, while we see jiraiya perform his move like, 50 times (sometimes even one in each hand!)....so no doubt about it, his is more efficient.

Also in terms of power, keep in mind chidori requires fast footwork to add to the power of the stab, while ero-sennin was able to knock people around just by standing there.

Mae
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:59 PM
It doesn't count if it was in open discussion. Open discussion is for a different group of people, and I don't go there (usually). And could someone please delete that spoiler? Jeez....

Anyway, I don't think going head to head with the two jitsus is a good idea. In all likelyhood there would be some kind of huge explosion and both combatants would be blown to pieces......

Considering Sasuke versus Naruto, I think that Sasuke would have still won if they had ended up having their fight in the final exam. Sasuke had been pretty consistantly beating out Naruto until that point. Now Naruto has had a lot of training to catch up while Sasuke has been just lying around in a coma (lazy bum), so I think they would probably be about even.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:04 PM
I think it would have been a much closer fight than you might think if the fight had happened in the final exam. What I'd like to find out is if Naruto's wrapping of the red chakra around him makes him fast enough to be able to deal with Sasuke's speed, even if it's not quite as fast. If the answer to that is yes, then I think Naruto would definately win. There's no way Naruto would have forgiven himself for losing to Sasuke. They're rivals, and at that point, Naruto was still the underdog, even though his powers were greater (at that point in time). That combination would have made for one fucked Sasuke.

chambers
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:07 PM
iam not sure naruto was more powerfull, i doubt he could have beat gaara in a fight similar to lees fight. and sasuke was abotu to hammer gaara in to pieces.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Naruto would've beaten gaara in a similar fight to lee's fight imo. He would have done just like Sasuke and Lee did: pound the crap out of him with enhanced speed and brute force (like Lee, not sasuke) with the red chakra thing. Combine that with the kage bunshin no jutsu, he might have even fared better than the other two. He didn't really have a chidori to pierce through that shell gaara made, but I'm positive one of the summoned frogs, doesn't have to be gamabunta, could do something about it. Plus, he wouldn't even tire out. Naruto leaped way above Sasuke in his training.

Edit to Mae: I don't want to underestimate Naruto's chakra potential. He beat neiji (who is clearly no joke), bounced away and frolicked as if nothing happened, and then had stamina and chakra power enough to fight and win that titanic battle again gaara. Sasuke was tiring pretty early in the match. I don't think he would have been able to avoid naruto's attacks until naruto ran out. He'd be forced to counter attack or lose. Specially if Naruto employed the shadow replication with the red chakra like he did in that jump fiesta thinggie. Same for gaara. I don't think his sand shield would have done much. He'd have to rely on his sand armor, which requires a lot of chakra. Naruto may not be quite as fast as sasuke or Rock, but with the kage bunshins and his superior strengh, he would have pounded it away pretty quickly, probably faster than Sasuke and Neiji.

Mae
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Naruto had a lot of power, that's true, but he was still too unfocused, and he ended up wasting alot of it. Sasuke or Gaara could have avoided his attacks and waited until he ran low on chakra. Now that he's learned to focus I think he'd fair a lot better.

Assertn
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:42 PM
but naruto beat gaara in a form that sasuke couldnt beat......in fact, its a form that probably none of the other genins could beat (including rock lee, if you ignore the fact that gaara broke his fall and shouldve otherwise lost that match)

chumsy
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:46 PM
no doubt that chidori must be stronger since it only can be used a few times a day rather than the rotation technique naruto's learning.

at this point in the anime naruto is definately stronger than sasuke he was able to defeat gaara

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:59 PM
the chidori isnt stronger, in my opinion anyway. ill just say what was said in the open discussion thread. and this is not spoilers. the chidori can be used in one way, a strait thrust tecnique which needs to be used by someone with the sharingan if you dont hit directly on target for example getting a shoulder instead of the chest the tecnique is useless, you have only wasted lots of chakra. on the other hand the person you are attacking needs to be very skilled to avoid it since its connected to the sharingan which can predict what the opponent is doing. so basicly if you aviod this tecnique and counters you are at the advantage.

jiraiyas jutsu on the other hand is chakra compressed into tornado motions in your hand, this tecnique uses alot less chakra than chidori but is probably harder to learn. it uses alot less chakra than what the chidori does so it can be done more times than the chidori. it can be used like a strait thrust like the chidori while running, it can be used instead of a punch while fighting hand to hand, it can be released before hitting the target to counter someone that uses a strait forward tecnique, for example when someone is using the chidori you can counter it with jiraiya's jutsu and release it before impact to blow you enemy backwards you can then use the the rasengan in a running thrust move just like with the chidori. also as you saw on the tree the chidori completly tears apart what it hits. so if you miss and hit the shoulder instead of the chest it will still tea the shoulder apart and you enemy wont have one of his arms left. in other words the destructive power of jiraiyas jutsu on impact is higher than the chidori's.

so in my opinion jiraiyas jutsu is much more powerful than the chidori, the chidori is quite foolish to use if you arent in a sure to kill scenario.

EDIT: said some stuff twice, sorry... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

njdevs95
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:07 PM
The technique naruto is learning is more powerful. Look at the effect of when sasuke did his training (the marks in the rocks) and we know that the chidori requires a powerful thrusting motion to add to the power and can only be done a few times a day (4 max by kakashi). On the other hand all the power for the technique naruto is learning is concentrated in the actual technique (the swirling of the chakra) and we see jiraya simply stand still and press it against a tree and do serious damage without the chakra dissapating which means he could just keep on going and going with it. Not only that but we basically see naruto pull the technique off for the most part, though not entirely succesful yet, probably a hundred times a day and he's able to keep doing it. Also even when he only succeeded on the second part he created enough energy to blow himself back about 50 feet, create a huge ditch in the ground, and he had to be stopped by jiraya or he'd have kept going.

Sensei Jon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:20 PM
It eventually all falls down to who gets hit first...

japanaman
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:23 PM
still though, Naruto hasnt mastered the technique yet so we dont know how many times he can do it. I think it is just a matter of how much chakra a person has. Im sure Sasuke did it a million times a day while he was learning it because he hadnt done it full strength so he had extra chakra. As for the Chidori im sure it would work just standing there and putting your arm out, there is just more force behind a thrusting motion. Jiraya also did the thursting motion the first time we saw the technique.

But anyway i also agree that the new technique is more powerful than the Chidori, mainly because Jiraya said so!!!

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:28 PM
the technique jiraiya is teaching is more about chakra control than chakra exertion.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:29 PM
i'm not sure but it seems naruto's tech can be thrown, i could be wrong though. if this were the case i sould choose naruto's tech because he could use it from a distance. On the other hand if he can't throw it than i would go with sasuke not because his tech is more powerfull but because he is more skilled at using his tech at the moment than naruto is with his. Also i think sasuke is more skilled than naruto in general at the moment anyway.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:31 PM
wasnt the question which tech was the strongest?

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
the technique jiraiya is teaching is more about chakra control than chakra exertion.

Jiraiya's technique is just as much about control as it is about exertion. That was the point of the entire second step. It takes all aspects of Naruto's experiences with chakra and condenses them all into one technique. It's not enough just to explode chakra through the hand (that's why naruto can't do it yet), but it's not enough to just be able to contain a small amount of chakra in an area either (that's why sakura can't do it, and may never be able to. May even be too much for sasuke.) That's why the technique is so hard. Requires chakra spun with ridiculous force AND must be maintained and localized.

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Requires chakra spun with ridiculous force AND must be maintained and localized.

precisely, chakra control. if you need to spin something with a lot of force and maintain it, you need to be able to control it well. no matter how much chakra you exert, if you can't control it, the technique is useless.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Yeah, but there's also the ridiculous force part, which seems to me as difficult as the control part. If you can't meet that requirement, the technique is also useless regardless of how magnificent your control may be.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:59 PM
basicly what both of you are trying to say is that you need both to be able to do the jutsu.

Sensei Jon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 08:03 PM

Actually there were two questions, Which is stronger and Who would win?

FearTheMullet
Mon, 06-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Ero-senins technique would destroy Chidori, without much of nay effort.

Eurasian
Mon, 06-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Rasengan will beat Chidori because Jiraiya said so. Everyone already mentioned it - Rasengan was developed by the 4th and he used 3 years to master it. Chidori is Kakashi's tech. And the 4th is a lot more powerful than Kakashi. So there.

Naruto will beat Sasuke. Naruto beat Gaara who Sasuke cannot beat. Naruto got that "controlling the kyubi chakra" thing down. GO NARUTO!

Shadow
Mon, 06-28-2004, 11:46 PM
ok this is how its going to go down. Naruto will win cuz the new jutsu is waaaaaay stronger, just think about it for a second. It took 3 yrs for the 3rd (or 4th, keep forgetting) to learn it, and it took naruto like 3 weeks just on the 1st step or 2nd (keep forgetting, its late, sleepy) . Now for Chidori, it didnt take as long to learn it which tells u that its not that hard to master, which means its not a Super A rank level jutsu like Jiraiya's jutsu is. Also is it just me or r they making sasuke and naruto a lil bit too much alike, Naruto has the kyubi's power to power him up, Sasuke has that cursed seal which increases his chakra, Sasuke has chidori, and naruto is learning the new jutsu.the only thing different - and the deciding factor- (besides that Jiraiya's jutsu is waaaay stronger and can be done MUCH more times) is that kyubis power up to naruto is muuuuuuuuuuuch more than sasukes cursed seal, that lil power up is stronger than sasuke with the cursed seals power and thats w/o narutos own chakra, also, the fact that Naruto has WAAAAAAY much more stamina than sasuke. I bet that naruto can waste all his chakra and still have enough to use the new jutsu again and be able to dance circles around sasuke w/o him being touched.

I close by saying, about fucking time that naruto gets some play, its his anime and most of the time they make him seem weak and make sasuke - narutos rival-, i was sick and tired of seeing all this shit about sasuke, i doubt anybody gives a flyin fuck about him, he's a jerk who is mad ambitious to kill itachi, and look wat happened to Julius Caesar because he was ambitious ( and for those that dont know, he got backstabbed {literally} by his closest friend Brutus and some other ppl)

that should have answer this thread! (damn thats like an essay....hmm i wonder wat grade i would get for something like this, with the background info and my backed up opinions and all)

Pyron
Tue, 06-29-2004, 12:05 AM
hmm...technique wise, i say Jiraiya's move is better because you can do it a few times without draining too much chakra.

which move is actually stronger? i find that it depends on who does the move. like if sasuke learned Jiraiya's move and used it while the chidori is used by Itachi...clearly Itachi would win.

ZakuHan
Tue, 06-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Your grade would be fairly low due to punctuation and grammar errors i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I believe it's an even match and depends on the circumstances in which either is used. Say Naruto has the jutsu complete.. it'd be pretty even between him and Sasuke. Chidori can cut through anything like swinging a sword through it while Naruto's takes time to tear through it (granted not much but it IS slower to do so). Basically, it's a choice between speed and brute force. Each has their own advantage in their own situation.

Jessper
Tue, 06-29-2004, 05:31 AM
To be fair you would have to factor in the fact that Sasuke has the Sharingan(which must be there for the chidori) and that would more or less give him the win no matter the difference of strength of the two jutsu. Though I belive that Jiraiya's technique will be stronger than the Chidori it is just the desparity between the two people(they fight differently and both are good but not against each other... imo).

chambers
Tue, 06-29-2004, 06:16 AM
i have to disagree with some people here, i think if gaara hadnt transformed he would have been utterly hammered by sasuke, on the flip side i dont think naruto woulc have stood a chance, he just wasnt fast enough to avoid the sand at asll, let alone pierce the armour!

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 06-29-2004, 07:58 AM

Strongest/efficient and also which works best in different kinds of situations. I didn't point that out, but that is what I mean when I say strongest.

PSJ
Tue, 06-29-2004, 08:21 AM
yea, thats what i thought you meant..

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 06-29-2004, 08:40 AM
yea, thats what i thought you meant..

That's great i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GokuSonGoku
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Ummm i think i read somewhere that the fourth tried too teach kakashi this technique but he couldn't so he made the chidori which is easier too use but aren't so good

Off topic: umm Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya why do you have that: "Guldfisk?" in your sig?.. I mean i know what it means

Board of Command
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Think of it this way:
-Chidori is like a sledgehammer: it takes tremendous effort to use and is a one-hit thing. It takes a lot of chakra to just use it, and you can only use it a few times because it's so chakra-consuming.
-Naruto's move is like a big-ass drill: it takes tremendous skill to control, but once mastered, it is much less chakra-consuming than Chidori because all you do is thrust it once it's a sphere.

In terms of power, more chakra doesn't mean more power. Power is determined by the way chakra is concentrated. Chidori focuses a huge load of chakra on a single point, and I think some of that chakra dissipates (sparks and stuff), making it quite inefficient. The motion of the chakra is toward a single point.
Naruto's move spins the chakra in all directions and none is dissipated. It is way less chakra-consuming because the user controls how much chakra is put into the ball, unlike chidori where you keep feeding it chakra nonstop. Since the chakra spins around wildly, it makes a much bigger impact.

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by: GokuSonGoku
Ummm i think i read somewhere that the fourth tried too teach kakashi this technique but he couldn't so he made the chidori which is easier too use but aren't so good

well, i have no idea where you got THAT from.....cause thats news to me.....

kakashi made the chidori, not the 4th, btw

Board of Command
Tue, 06-29-2004, 11:48 AM
I think he meant Kakashi invented chidori because the 4th's technique was too hard for him.

wirm
Tue, 06-29-2004, 12:37 PM
I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like a spoiler to me.

Anyway, I'll just ignore that statement about Kakashi being unable to use the 4th's jutsu. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

You guys keep saying "the 4th invented blah blah blah, and he's much stronger than Kakashi", or "It took the 4th x amount of years to learn blah blah". You're not taking into account how long Kakashi took to develop Chidori. The fact is, we don't know.

He's Konoha's #1 jutsu specialist, and for all we know, he's been perfecting that technique for over a decade. (I'm just making a point, it could have taken a much shorter time).

After all, Itachi knew what Chidori was when Sasuke used it, and that implies that Kakashi has had it or was working on it since before Itachi ran off. I'm not sure when this happened, but I'm pretty sure it's been quite a while.

Anyway, my vote would be that the Chidori is stronger, but much less efficient. The 4th's jutsu would win in the long run.

Darkflare
Tue, 06-29-2004, 12:41 PM
well not necessarily. since kakashi is already semi-famous form being the copyninja, as shown when zabuza recognized them, and the fact that people make books about other ninja who are powerful and such, i am sure that his chidori would have been in the information gathered about him.

Gods_Son
Tue, 06-29-2004, 12:48 PM
There weren't any spoilers, people are just reading or seeing information that isn't there. Nobody said anything about the 4th teaching Kakashi the same technique, but he couldn't do. Both are very powerful assassination techniques, but Naruto's new move is more a focused attack rather than just an all-out strike.

wirm
Tue, 06-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Well it was Sasuke using chidori, not Kakashi.

I know that's not an absolute rebuttal, but I get the impression that Itachi recognized Chidori from experience

chambers
Tue, 06-29-2004, 01:49 PM
i would have to disagree with KC i think narutos tech is more of a balanced attack with possible variations to it than chidori wich is a more focused assasination attack.

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 01:55 PM
the 4th's technique is probably a famous one that has been perfected over many centuries throughout ninja history....im sure people dont just spontaneously decide to create an ultra A level jutsu on their own. Kakashi's chidori doesnt have much to it, its just lots of chakra on your hand that you punch with really fast. It's a relatively new and imperfect jutsu, so its crude and inefficient.

PSJ
Tue, 06-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by: GokuSonGoku

Off topic: umm Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya why do you have that: "Guldfisk?" in your sig?.. I mean i know what it means

i dont think that was accurate information.

off topic: i dont really know why i have "guldfisk?" in my sig.

Rek
Tue, 06-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: Darkflare
well not necessarily. since kakashi is already semi-famous form being the copyninja, as shown when zabuza recognized them, and the fact that people make books about other ninja who are powerful and such, i am sure that his chidori would have been in the information gathered about him.

except one small thing.... its an assassination technique. that kills in one hit.

so, who would tell zabuza that kakashi has a hidden technique that kills in one hit? Someone that kakashi used it on?

not to mention that zabuza can't have that much room in his book

PSJ
Tue, 06-29-2004, 02:27 PM
for what? to write down all kakashi's jutsu? probably not since he says he knows 1000. but the chidori isnt a sure kill jutsu, gaara survived it so i dont see any reason why a jounin wouldnt... hard to do tho..

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 06-29-2004, 02:33 PM
For Chidori to be lethal it must hit a vital ogran, or else it's just like any other tech.

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 02:54 PM
it wouldnt be hard for some enemy to spy on kakashi and watch him use his raikiri on someone.....
not to mention enemies that used to be allies.....like itachi and oro for example

Shadow
Tue, 06-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: Wirm
You guys keep saying "the 4th invented blah blah blah, and he's much stronger than Kakashi", or "It took the 4th x amount of years to learn blah blah". You're not taking into account how long Kakashi took to develop Chidori. The fact is, we don't know.

He's Konoha's #1 jutsu specialist, and for all we know, he's been perfecting that technique for over a decade. (I'm just making a point, it could have taken a much shorter time).

obviously not long if he teached it to sasuke in like 1 month (in the lil break they had from the 1st round of the chuunin exam to the 2nd round) and like u said, he's konoha's #1 jutsu specialist, and sasuke is not, so if it took sasuke 1 month or so to learn it, then it mustve took kakashi MUUUCH less time.

PSJ
Tue, 06-29-2004, 04:06 PM
what does wirm mean? that kakashi is stronger than the 4th?

Sanitarium
Tue, 06-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Chidori is more powerful, the way Kakashi and Sasuke used it shows this, firstly by killing Haku, and secondly by blasting humongous holes in walls. Also they can only use a few a day.

Jiraiya's/4th's technique is used by him several times without much effort, and only blasts some gangsters into a stall, or puts a small hole in a tree.

But, Naruto could just jump out of the way of the Chidori, or summon Gamabunta to help. The 4th's technique seems to be more versatile, because of the emphasis on controlled power. Naruto could jump around all over the place and slam a load of them into Sasuke while he was just running around trying to nail him with a Chidori.

Then again, Naruto characters are notorious for standing there and doing nothing in awe of someone elses technique. Naruto would probably stand still and wait for Sasuke to put his hand right through his ribcage.

FearTheMullet
Tue, 06-29-2004, 08:41 PM
It (Chidori) blasts Humongous holes into mountainsides, yes thats true. The ammount of Chakkra is so high in this it strains the user and has a maximum use of a couple times a day. Whereas ero-senins technique takes little Chakkra and does a cutting damage. The chidori explodes and disperses the Chakkra on contact. Ero-senins technique on contact starts drilling through and eliminating the matter its touching. Eros-senins is much more effective and powerfull because the Chakkra does not merely explode (like Chidori, or for example the Ero-senin technique after only the first 2 stages, where it gathers to a ball and explodes) but rather contnues to cut. I repeated myself alot, but the main point is the Chidori is not as destructive and efficient as ero-senins.

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:09 PM
sanitarium, i assure you, jiraiya specifically mentions that he was holding back when he used the move on those chuunins

some of you seem to think that chidori is more explosive.....but did it look explosive when it was used against gaara or lee? no, looked more like it just pierced through.

wirm
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
what does wirm mean? that kakashi is stronger than the 4th?

I'm afraid you're misunderstanding my post. I made no comparisons between the two people. That would be ridiculous.

My point is that people keep saying "since the 4th is stronger than Kakashi, then his jutsu is better".
That just isn't true. The skill of the inventor does not necessarily prove the level of the jutsu.

Originally posted by: Shadow
obviously not long if he teached it to sasuke in like 1 month (in the lil break they had from the 1st round of the chuunin exam to the 2nd round) and like u said, he's konoha's #1 jutsu specialist, and sasuke is not, so if it took sasuke 1 month or so to learn it, then it mustve took kakashi MUUUCH less time.

let's not get too bogged down in this, but I'll just point out that as you know, Sasuke has his Sharingan. Enough said.

If we used your logic here, then if it takes Sasuke 10 seconds to copy a super A level jutsu, that means that the jutsu is either over-rated, or Sasuke is a super A level ninja. Neither is true.

As was stated before by other people, inventing a jutsu probably takes a lot longer than just learning it from someone else. The Sharingan also messes with the rules a lot.

Shadow
Tue, 06-29-2004, 11:41 PM
the sharingan is different tho, correct me if im wrong, sharingan all it does is copy the hand seals and if the jutsu doesnt use hand seals, it just sees where the person is gonna attack with the jutsus. correct me if im wrong.

Masakari
Wed, 06-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Sharingan enhances the perception of the user amoung other things. Kind of hard to describe it because Itachi introduced new depths to it that Kakashi and Sasuke didn't even come close to.

Ever wonder how dumb it is to compare two different techniques? It's kind of like comparing some of the different advanced blood lines, saying what's better, Gaara's demon or Naruto's?. The two techniques are quite fitting for their owners actually. Sasuke has the all-out one hit kill technique (which he seems like the type to have) and Naruto will have a technique that lets him use it often, because we all know how often Naruto uses his trademark techniques (Can you count the amount of times he's used Kage Bunshin?)

Mut
Wed, 06-30-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by: Masakari
saying what's better, Gaara's demon or Naruto's?

kyubi cannot be be compared to anything introduced in naruto, it's just too powerful.

chambers
Wed, 06-30-2004, 08:41 AM
for all we know chidori used by jiraya could be more effective (if he could predict the movements of course) becasue as there is a limit to the amount of times it can be used it would also be reasonable to assume that the more chakra you put into it the stronger it gets. i think its just the fact that its so inefficient and the chances of it hitting against top class opposition are minimal, therefore its better to use the 4ths tech as a missed attack will not result in a huge disadvantage.

Rek
Wed, 06-30-2004, 10:34 AM
excellent point... its not the size that counts... its how you use it.

I mean... its not the technique that counts, its the bad ass ninja that kills you with it -.-

jing
Wed, 06-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Obviously the Jiraiya's technique. He said so himself, hes a LEGEND.

By the way Kyubi is like God of the ninja world, he can do whatever he wants ........ if he is free that is.

Board of Command
Wed, 06-30-2004, 02:32 PM
The biggest disadvantage of chidori is that you constantly pour chakra into the ball nonstop, which drains huge amounts of mana. That's why they can only use it a few times a day before they're totally out of chakra.

The 4th's technique uses a controlled amount of chakra, then just swirls it around to give it power.

jing
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
The biggest disadvantage of chidori is that you constantly pour chakra into the ball nonstop, which drains huge amounts of mana. That's why they can only use it a few times a day before they're totally out of chakra.

The 4th's technique uses a controlled amount of chakra, then just swirls it around to give it power.

How do you know all this? How do you know that chidori constantly pour chakra into the ball nonstop. I tihnk you are assuming too much. Unless it is explained somewhere in the anime.

Besides chidori is just TOO LOUD..

?igma
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:18 PM
I think every technique can be a stronger technique if you place it better then your opponent, however strong he may be. It wouldnt be the first time some big badass mofo ninja got owned because he made a mistake, and in such, that can happen at anytime anyplace. You just have to look at how they use it. As far as ive seen, Sasuke likes to have this huge intro before he finally gets to the move , where Naruto obviously , once mastered ..if ever at all >< , is capable of surprice attacking with it.
In case of the Chidori ..if the target, is blind, slow, hard of hearing, limp, without hands to form seals..yeah, it would certainly make a great assassination move..IRL however, I dont think these requirements ever occur at the same time.
So point is, Rasengan (really not yet mentioned in the anime yet, so you can point out to me if its considered a spoiler) will own Sasuke & Chidori anytime if it comes to surprise.

try pissing on me for this one Mods and semi-Mods i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chambers
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:42 PM
i dunno man. i reckon at this point in time sasukes chidori is more effective than narutos technique (even if he has mastered it now. i think at this point in time the sharingan provides such a huge stumbling block for naruto if he were to face sasuke.

?igma
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:43 PM
he has not mastered it yet..there is still a third part..

chambers
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:48 PM
like i said, even if he has mastered it, i was speaking hypothetically.

?igma
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM
ah so "If he _would_ have mastered it now " it is.. , sorry, but I thought you were usually quite correct at spelling i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

chambers
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:53 PM
actually replacing has with had would have been correct
but thats neither here nor there, my point still stands that sasuke would decimate naruto in a one on one at the moment.

?igma
Wed, 06-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Opinion noted i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

You still gotta tell me .. how will Sasuke locate the real Naruto ? he can only use it a couple of times, where Naruto has infinite abilities to make sure he wont get hurt i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
I am not really sure, but I believe his clones can also perfrom jutsu's ..interesting, no ? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

chambers
Wed, 06-30-2004, 04:03 PM
yeah so? sasuke can predict movement, so he can counter all day like neji, i just don think sasuke will fall for a trick like neji did because he knows naruto, but of course naruto would just go mental an beat everyone.

Assertn
Wed, 06-30-2004, 05:33 PM
sasuke wouldnt use chidori right off the bat, he would use it once he got rid of all the bunshins. And even if the enemy can hear and see the chidori, it doesnt mean he can do anything about it to avoid from being hit....assuming the attacker has the sharingan and can anticipate any counter.

logic
Wed, 06-30-2004, 06:23 PM
First.. wait.. yup, the name of the anime is <strong>naruto</strong>.. not sauske or neji.

Naruto has recently been proclaimed the #1 ninja at surprising people.

Your arguement is that sauske will do better then neji because he 'knows' naruto.

Wrong.

Naruto has not been with sauske in a long, long time. He's been training on his own, training with jiraiya, and other things that I don't know where the anime is yet, but I do know that sauske has not witnessed narutos development, while sauske has been in the hospital.

Yes, there is a 3rd step, I didn't know the anime had got that far yet, but obviously it hasn't gotten much farther then that.

Even with the 2nd step learned, I still believe it would conquer the chidori and sauske.

Sauske has the sharingan, and lots of talent. Granted. Naruto has kyubi, this alone.. nuff said. Plus his shadow replication, mass shadow replication, rasengan, etc. etc. etc.

Sauske has a knack for underestimating naruto, and thus being more surprised when it occurs.

In a 1v1, sauske will lose. Naruto has seemingly infinite chakra to support him, whereas sauske will lose all of his rather quickly, in his haste to use chidori (for 'flash'). Naruto will win.

SasukesGirL
Wed, 06-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by: logic
First.. wait.. yup, the name of the anime is <strong>naruto</strong>.. not sauske or neji.

Naruto has recently been proclaimed the #1 ninja at surprising people.

Your arguement is that sauske will do better then neji because he 'knows' naruto.

Wrong.

Naruto has not been with sauske in a long, long time. He's been training on his own, training with jiraiya, and other things that I don't know where the anime is yet, but I do know that sauske has not witnessed narutos development, while sauske has been in the hospital.

Yes, there is a 3rd step, I didn't know the anime had got that far yet, but obviously it hasn't gotten much farther then that.

Even with the 2nd step learned, I still believe it would conquer the chidori and sauske.

Sauske has the sharingan, and lots of talent. Granted. Naruto has kyubi, this alone.. nuff said. Plus his shadow replication, mass shadow replication, rasengan, etc. etc. etc.

Sauske has a knack for underestimating naruto, and thus being more surprised when it occurs.

In a 1v1, sauske will lose. Naruto has seemingly infinite chakra to support him, whereas sauske will lose all of his rather quickly, in his haste to use chidori (for 'flash'). Naruto will win.

Werd

Board of Command
Wed, 06-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by: jing
How do you know all this? How do you know that chidori constantly pour chakra into the ball nonstop. I tihnk you are assuming too much. Unless it is explained somewhere in the anime.

Besides chidori is just TOO LOUD..
How else does it drain so much chakra? The sparks are probably the chakra dissipating into the air. Plus, the chakra isn't spinning, so the only other way is to keep feeding chakra. Assumptions aren't necessarily wrong you know?

woofcat
Wed, 06-30-2004, 09:10 PM
They will never fight and IF they do someone will interveen. (sp?)

Rek
Wed, 06-30-2004, 10:29 PM
nah... they will fight, be it a jounin exam, spar match or finally sasuke's curse seal just takes too much and he lashes out (or naruto's seal takes too much and he becomes like he did in the haku fight)

Board of Command
Wed, 06-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Kyubi chakra is better than the cursed seal because it doesn't damage the host. The seal only lasts a short while and afterwards the host is near dead.

Btw, woofcat, it's spelled "intervene"

Aeon
Thu, 07-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Kyubi chakra is better than the cursed seal because it doesn't damage the host. The seal only lasts a short while and afterwards the host is near dead.

Btw, woofcat, it's spelled "intervene"

I think the seal only hurts the host when they fight against it, when Sauske used it against the sound ninjas it had no effect on him.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 07-01-2004, 01:39 AM
[quote]

I kinda hope that Naruto starts developing some negative side affects to the kyubi power. At least gaara can't sleep, and is tortured mentally by his demon, but naruto might as well just carry a pack of rechargeable batteries and use those for power. There's no indication that what's inside him is an evil demon, cus there should be some serious consequences.

?igma
Thu, 07-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Why is everybody writing "sauske "atm ? ..It used to be Sasuke..

Jessper
Thu, 07-01-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
[quote]

I kinda hope that Naruto starts developing some negative side affects to the kyubi power. At least gaara can't sleep, and is tortured mentally by his demon, but naruto might as well just carry a pack of rechargeable batteries and use those for power. There's no indication that what's inside him is an evil demon, cus there should be some serious consequences.

The demon in Gaara was not SEALED but rather just tossed in the mix. The seal is there to prevent the serious consequences.

Goingin
Thu, 07-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by: ?igma
Why is everybody writing "sauske "atm ? ..It used to be Sasuke..

Hehe, sounds like sause in Belgian i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rek
Thu, 07-01-2004, 08:35 AM
I only see one...

and about naruto having negative effects... there is one... he's getting closer to kyuubi, and eventually personality and traits will come out.
(again, I reference the haku fight. if naruto uses the kyuubi chakra alot, he will start to look and act like that permanently) and, tho I say this as facts, it's all my crappy opinion

Board of Command
Thu, 07-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by: Aeon
I think the seal only hurts the host when they fight against it, when Sauske used it against the sound ninjas it had no effect on him.
The host can't feel the damage when he's possessed by the seal, but I was talking about afterwards. Sasuke almost died after the seal retreated.

Assertn
Thu, 07-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
I only see one...

and about naruto having negative effects... there is one... he's getting closer to kyuubi, and eventually personality and traits will come out.
(again, I reference the haku fight. if naruto uses the kyuubi chakra alot, he will start to look and act like that permanently) and, tho I say this as facts, it's all my crappy opinion

we havent really seen that happen ever since he gained control over kyubi with jiraiya's help though
and even in demon form, he could still distinguish between good and bad people, since he stopped himself when he saw haku without his mask

Shinji Ikari
Thu, 07-01-2004, 01:49 PM
How can people say that Kyubi doesn't have any negative effects on Naruto? I mean, just look at his whole life. He has been mentally scared from his birth by all the people in the village, if that isn't enough, what is?

Knives122
Thu, 07-01-2004, 01:51 PM
you would of thought that during narutos life they would hate him so much that they would physically scar him as well(b/c of him haveing the 9 tails), that would be enough

Jessper
Thu, 07-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
How can people say that Kyubi doesn't have any negative effects on Naruto? I mean, just look at his whole life. He has been mentally scared from his birth by all the people in the village, if that isn't enough, what is?

That is more than enough, but that was not what we were discussing. We were talking about changes in him from having the Kyubi like how Gaara is affected by his demon.

Board of Command
Thu, 07-01-2004, 05:18 PM
As in physical damage, not mental damage.

Casualty
Thu, 07-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Here's something to consider, even though it doesn't take into consideration the actual strength of either Chidori or the spinning move. The spinning move obviously takes alot of concentration and practice to master, and is basically all about controlling chakra flow - something that Naruto usually has alot of trouble with. But if he can control his chakra well enough to get this move down, then you have to think, what does that mean for his abilities overall? Naruto isn't just learning a new technique here, he's also going through another training (like the tree climbing and the water walking). That means better chakra control, and with the amount of chakra Naruto has, and increase in his control makes a big difference in his strength.

Board of Command
Thu, 07-01-2004, 09:59 PM
The point of this technique IS chakra control, possibly at its toughest level. It's basically a huge training exercise. Mastering this not only allows him to use the new technique, but also makes learning all other jutsus way easier.

huked on foniks
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:14 AM
yeah no one mentioned this... but Jiraiya said in the episode that he took Naruto with him on his search for Tsunade.. that he knew a technique stronger than Chidori and would teach it to naruto.... Rasengan

asdf-man
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Well I know this doesn't affect the strength of the jutus but consider this, Kakashi created the Chidori, the 4th who is much greater created the Rasengan and it took him 3 years.

But Jiraiya himself said that the Rasengan is better than the Chidori and it is a whatever level next to the top level jutsu.

ThyName
Fri, 07-02-2004, 11:28 AM
and i bet that if naruto made 3 clones he coud do a spinny thing in both hands cause it doesnt require a massive amount of chakra

Assertn
Fri, 07-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by: asdf-man
Well I know this doesn't affect the strength of the jutus but consider this, Kakashi created the Chidori, the 4th who is much greater created the Rasengan and it took him 3 years.

But Jiraiya himself said that the Rasengan is better than the Chidori and it is a whatever level next to the top level jutsu.

who ever said that the 4th created the rasengan? nobody?

ThyName
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:50 PM
man ASS you are a man for details..... and i like that. i take ur word more than anybody else and i like readin ur little fights with people about this

n4rut0-rYu
Sun, 07-04-2004, 02:30 PM
its obvious Naruto is gonna win. He may have been doing badly in all their little "competitions" but that doesn't show naruto's true strength. And besides he's the main character, and hero, so OBVIOUSLY he's gonna defeat every evil and person there is in the whole series!

Xein
Sun, 07-04-2004, 09:12 PM
"He is the main character" doesnt really mean anything to determine who wins a given fight.. The main character can be beaten or killed in anime, it happens. It may not happen in a "fair" way or the main character may hold back or be distracted for some reason.. but they can lose.

Pyron
Tue, 07-06-2004, 01:50 AM
its anime too...you can't always assume that the main character is gonna live.

but i'd like to see itachi copy the chidori and use it against jiraiya's technique

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Tue, 07-06-2004, 06:25 AM
well who would win in a fight can be gathered from Sasuke's reactions to Naruto, he is shocked and amazed at just how powerful Naruto is, that plus the fact that he beats Gaara who Sasuke could barely cut, even after becoming/calling the humongous badger

now as far as which technique is a better/stronger technique, Jiraiya's def. because first the power of the move is drawn from the chakra and the movement of the chakra, where chidori's power is all based on the speed of the thrust of the person, that shows that the actual energy is weaker because it requires higher speed to do dmg, its like a raw egg and an iron ball, the raw egg needs to move at 200+mph to do the same dmg as the iron ball going 10 mph

also, sasuke learned chidori in a matter of days, whereas the 4th hokage himself took years to learn Jiraiya's move, also jiraiya describes the move in terms of tier (i believe he said second from the top?) and i know in my heart of hearts chidori is NOT in that top tier, especially seeing as there are already ninja way stronger than kakashi showing up

this is all aside from what's already been said, about how Naruto's incomplete energy of the move made him blow a ditch, and fly 50+ feet away (he wasnt even done flyin, jiraiya had to stop him) and as i said that was incomplete, only ONE of the steps, all these things and the fact that the teacher is jiraiya tell me that the technique is gonna be grade A

Scale
Tue, 07-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Ero-sennin's jutsu will win duh
chidori is charge up im not going spoil nething but everthing its bin used the target couldnt move or just didnt move thats why they could use it
only thing that is that chidori can go trough lighting and Ero-sennin's jutsu well lets just say your hand prolly will hurt allot

Knives122
Tue, 07-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Its really hard to see what the chidori really does, IMO after watching what happened to Haku and all the times Sasuke used it, it looks like the Chidori is designed to(after it hits its target) make what ever it hits explode, When Kakashi did it to Haku you saw no blood on haku, it looked like it made the heart explode, IMO that what it does

Uukog42
Tue, 07-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Its really hard to see what the chidori really does, IMO after watching what happened to Haku and all the times Sasuke used it, it looks like the Chidori is designed to(after it hits its target) make what ever it hits explode, When Kakashi did it to Haku you saw no blood on haku, it looked like it made the heart explode, IMO that what it doesNo blood is due to the censors. In the manga there is ALOT of blood when Haku is hit by chidori.

Assertn
Tue, 07-06-2004, 04:15 PM
did that scene LOOK to you like it was censored in the anime?

thanks ThyName......i think i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Tue, 07-06-2004, 04:59 PM
i dont think that was even chidori, there were no bird sounds, and he didnt run fast to him to do it, i think Lightning Edge and Chidori are 2 diff. variations of the same jutsu but Chidori would most likely be stronger, i could be wrong because i dont have the old eps on my comp to check but, i think kakashi also forms the chakra slightly different for the 2, i think one is with his hand up and one with his hand down, ill verify this sometime after gettin the eps onto my comp, also consider the level differences between Haku and Kakashi, its really not a very good indication of the power of a skill

after seeing Jiraiya's new skill tho i think it'd be a really cool one for Naruto because if he can do it, he could do it several times a day, aside from that, when you see it done to the chuunin in the marketplace, u see that it spins and carves into him, if he didnt get pushes back it'd probably have burrowed into him like the tree, so what'd be cool is naruto, early in the fight throws several kunai/shurikens at the enemy, then later on, by the time the enemy has forgotten about the thrown weaps., charges up the move, pushes it into the gut of his opponent and then reveals the kunai for what they were; transformed kage bunshins!, all of them run up and push the opponent forward while the ball surges with power into his abdomen, the ball then goes through the person thus eviscerating him and writing his character off of the show :-D

Kale Ironfist
Tue, 07-06-2004, 05:21 PM
actually, they are the same jutsu. Gai explains it when Kakashi arrives in the 3rd part of the Chuunin exam, Sasuke VS Gaara

Mut
Tue, 07-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by: LegendarySenninJiraiya
i dont think that was even chidori, there were no bird sounds, and he didnt run fast to him to do it, i think Lightning Edge and Chidori are 2 diff. variations of the same jutsu but Chidori would most likely be stronger, i could be wrong because i dont have the old eps on my comp to check but, i think kakashi also forms the chakra slightly different for the 2, i think one is with his hand up and one with his hand down,

you are incorrect.

PSJ
Tue, 07-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: LegendarySenninJiraiya
i dont think that was even chidori, there were no bird sounds, and he didnt run fast to him to do it, i think Lightning Edge and Chidori are 2 diff. variations of the same jutsu but Chidori would most likely be stronger, i could be wrong because i dont have the old eps on my comp to check but, i think kakashi also forms the chakra slightly different for the 2, i think one is with his hand up and one with his hand down,

you are incorrect.

yep that is wrong.

Deblas
Fri, 07-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Got that right

riftwing
Sat, 07-17-2004, 01:37 AM
IIRC there was a LOT of blood during the haku / chidori bit in the anime series.

koreanriceboi
Sat, 07-17-2004, 02:27 AM
sasuke becuz hes super fast with chidori and can dodge or move away from slow narutos rasengan... but narutos rasengan is way stronger than sasukes chidori

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 07-17-2004, 05:03 AM
To everyone concerning censorship: every episode before 26-27 was uncensored due to the fact that it was still a new series and did not pick up until that point, where its timeslot was moved into the golden time period. By moving it into the golden time timeslot, more children would be watching it, and therefore every episode from 26 onwards became censored before airing.

koreanriceboi: Naruto can become faster by using Kyuubi Chakra i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

rickytan
Sat, 07-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by: Saruto
I'm a stupid idiot and i won't spoil ever again.

Edited by Krbadass

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Pocket
Sat, 07-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by: Kale Ironfist
To everyone concerning censorship: every episode before 26-27 was uncensored

Wrong. Why?

1) Go to episode 18.
2) Skip ahead to 11:11 into the episode.
3) Verify that Kakashi's hand does not, in fact, pierce Haku.
4) Go here (http://www.geocities.com/randanderson/naruto_30_16-17.jpg) (copy and paste).
5) Verify that Kakashi's hand does, in fact, pierce Haku.

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 07-17-2004, 08:58 PM
alright, so i forgot the chidori going right through Haku's entire body, but it does pierce his body and the amount of blood is still roughly the same.