PDA

View Full Version : Sannins and age

Halo2298
Mon, 06-28-2004, 01:46 AM
Well, this really isn't a question or anything, but one of the locked Forum threads(who taught Kakashi) said something about how the Sannins(except Jiraiya) have techniques to avoid death/look young. Orochimaru using his jutsu to swap to a new body and Tsunade using a henge to disguise her age.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that in Japanese mythology, the Gama-Sennin(toad master) is thought to be a sage/monk who possesses the secret to immortality. So, maybe Jiraiya's holding out on everybody? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

If he does know it, it's probably gonna be something like "staying young at heart will keep you youthful forever." i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by: Halo2298
Well, this really isn't a question or anything, but one of the locked Forum threads(who taught Kakashi) said something about how the Sannins(except Jiraiya) have techniques to avoid death/look young. Orochimaru using his jutsu to swap to a new body and Tsunade using a henge to disguise her age.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that in Japanese mythology, the Gama-Sennin(toad master) is thought to be a sage/monk who possesses the secret to immortality. So, maybe Jiraiya's holding out on everybody? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

If he does know it, it's probably gonna be something like "staying young at heart will keep you youthful forever." i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

first of all, tsunade's technique isn't henge. it's a completely different technique. that's all i will say.

jiraiya isn't holding back on anything.

kaigan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:19 AM
jaraiya is jaraiya. he's not holding on anything that we know yet, but i highly doubt that he is holding on any age jutsu.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:45 AM
hmm i dont think anyhting exept the name and connecting animal is borrowed from mythology.

hinatacretu
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:14 AM
well depending on the circumstances in the storyline... maybe we're gonna see some surprises???
well my guess would be tat jiraiya is still a fuckin virgin and hence looks young... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Rek
Mon, 06-28-2004, 09:12 AM
yeah... kay. that... would totally explain it...

anyways... they probably changed it around abit, so they could make Orochimaru and Tsunade more reclusive.... Jiraiya is reclusive too, but he's an actual hermit, so he didn't need to disguise his age.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 09:25 AM
In one of the japanese mythology threads we had, there was this link that said that Jiraiya eventually became Orochimaru, so they're supposedly the same person. I doubt that this anime is going to go that route, so he's probably not holding any age techniques back.

Rek
Mon, 06-28-2004, 09:38 AM
sealing technique?

Masamune
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
hmm i dont think anyhting exept the name and connecting animal is borrowed from mythology.

and the shoes ^_^

Mae
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:21 PM
You are correct, those shoes rule. And I STILL want to revive the fashion thread.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
In one of the japanese mythology threads we had, there was this link that said that Jiraiya eventually became Orochimaru, so they're supposedly the same person. I doubt that this anime is going to go that route, so he's probably not holding any age techniques back.

from what i read, jiraiya and tsunade had a love affair and orochimaru was some evil guy that wanted something. so he and jiraiya fought, i could be wrong tho....

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:50 PM
No. You're not wrong. Whoops! Pretty big blunder on my part. Here's the link to what I was talking about, and what pervert was correctly talking about: http://www.kiseido.com/printss/ji.html. It's borrowed from the "Origin of Jiraiya in Japanese Mythology?" thread.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:35 PM
ok, ill check that later, currently watching jay leno(comercials is on right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) sorry for the small off topic there.

ZakuHan
Tue, 06-29-2004, 05:11 AM
The link doesn't work, Uchiha i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Board of Command
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
ok, ill check that later, currently watching jay leno(comercials is on right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif) sorry for the small off topic there.
Jay Leno looks weird. He looks kinda like John Kerry, who also happens to look...fugly.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 06-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
The link doesn't work, Uchiha i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Crap. Just do a search for the thread. It works from the original. Don't know why it's not working here.