PDA

View Full Version : Is Sasuke a wealthy man?

Halo2298
Sun, 06-27-2004, 11:51 PM
I never thought about it in early episodes, how it was mentioned that Itachi wiped out the whole Uchiha clan, but when you see the episode where that happens... Just how wealthy is Sasuke? The Uchiha clan had quite a large compound on Konoha soil. So, being the last Uchiha, doesn't that make it all his? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif And does he just go back to the large, stately Uchiha Manor all alone? Where he sits and contemplates revenge while sitting in his own Uchiha cave complete with tear-drop Pokeballs? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

woofcat
Sun, 06-27-2004, 11:54 PM
I would belive so. You never hear him worry about money... well you never here him worry, Sure hes rich.

Mut
Sun, 06-27-2004, 11:55 PM
you should ask yourself this question but replace sasuke with naruto since naruto is an orphan. does naruto have money? does he have parents who support him? how does he afford living in his own place? oh yeah, it's an anime. somethings are left up to the imagination and filed in the "don't worry about it" category.

woofcat
Sun, 06-27-2004, 11:57 PM
I have not read the manga so if this does or does not happen dont yell at me only a guess. Lets say that Naruto is the 4th's son ok. and the 4th before he died said it was the towns duty to take care of Naruto then he might have a bank account that was donated to 13 years ago.

thundrakkon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Probably... Probably Sasuke better well known brother, Itachi, has been secretly wiring him money from all the spoils he has plundered being an S-Class criminal (j/k)... I actually don't know. The place he is living in right now doesn't look all that fancy, and he does not spend on anything. However, one would assume that he inherited everything left from his clan.

woofcat
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Another Factor could have been that Itachi ruined alot of stuff in the village so maybe sasuke is not worth that much? maybe he still owns it all but wont sell it becuse its his clans and wont visit becuse of the memorys?

Noir
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:14 AM
I am going with yes.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Absolutely. I mean it's not like Sasuke lives in a regular apartment like Naruto. Sasuke has a place where he returns to all the time, if you didn't notice. This has to be the mega mighty Uchiha mansion. I am sure he has lots of money too. But in his case, it hardly makes him any happier.

Eurasian
Mon, 06-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Maybe the Hokage takes care of naruto and sasuke's needs. Who knows??? Sasuke probably just uses what was left behind. A lot of property = a lot of money.

kaigan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:21 AM
actually, itachi took all the money after the clan's death. leaving sasuke with $.01 for pity.

Pyron
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:30 AM
why do you think of these things..what a question haha.
nobody really seems to care about money except for naruto, jiraiya and tsunade from what i know

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:37 AM
Cause its something to do on a sunday afternoon?

LaZie
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:21 AM
im greedy =P

Stoopider
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by: kaigan
actually, itachi took all the money after the clan's death. leaving sasuke with $.01 for pity.

LoL. you might be right. The reason Itachi massacred his whole village is because he's a greedy pig.

Kef
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:13 AM
I guess Naruto can live off the health-care system or something like that?

ZakuHan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Personally I don't think Sasuke cares one wit about money. Atleast, not right now. Once Itachi is dead, and he moves on to the revival of his clan, I'm sure he will then. Minor details, you know lol.

Mut@t@, why are you on this forum? Every post I see from you is putting down anyone that makes any thread that disusses anything about the anime, or any person that posts an opinion that differs from yours? If that's all you're going to do, I do not believe I'd be the only one happy to see you stop posting at all.

Stoopider
Mon, 06-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
Mut@t@, why are you on this forum? Every post I see from you is putting down anyone that makes any thread that disusses anything about the anime, or any person that posts an opinion that differs from yours? If that's all you're going to do, I do not believe I'd be the only one happy to see you stop posting at all.

Hence he's the resident Gimp. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Rek
Mon, 06-28-2004, 09:07 AM
yeah... you just answered your own question Zaku...
he's on the forum to piss you off by running down strangers.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Personally I don't think Sasuke cares one wit about money. Atleast, not right now. Once Itachi is dead, and he moves on to the revival of his clan, I'm sure he will then. Minor details, you know lol.

Actually, I've seen him shit on people whose opinions didn't differ from his... No ones safe! Run little man, run for your life!

Edit relavant to topic: I doubt sasuke is the sole owner of the Uchiha's village and propreties. Konoha probably took control of most of it. As far as how much money his dead family might have left him, I'm assuming enough for him to get by pretty comfortably, but I don't think he's filthy rich.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Absolutely. I mean it's not like Sasuke lives in a regular apartment like Naruto. Sasuke has a place where he returns to all the time, if you didn't notice. This has to be the mega mighty Uchiha mansion. I am sure he has lots of money too. But in his case, it hardly makes him any happier.

well there are very few cases when money makes you happy. "you cant buy happiness" im sure everybody has heard this before..

sasuke seems to be a wealthy guy since he probably got everything the uchihas owned.

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:20 PM
WOW, ok. what i previously said wasn't to piss off anyone... i was being completely serious. so why don't you untangle your panties since they are quadruple knotted.

think about it. who's the most poor person we've been introduced to? it's naruto since he is an orphan. you should start questioning "how is character X rich?" with the person who is the most poor and least likely to have any financial support from parents or relatives. i was trying to think of it in a deeper way and share it with you guys buy you guys flipped out for no reason. well, so... i gotta shit on you too, idiot.

Assertn
Mon, 06-28-2004, 01:16 PM
yeah, i didnt think Mut@t@ was trying to bash anyone......and i usually find his posts to be rather amusing i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

i think the village system is more like a communist system of some sort. Like, all the ninjas have to do the missions that the leader assigns them, and the money they earn go to the village, and then its most likely spread out to all the ninjas in that village. Although I think there's a free market system going on inside the village as well, for those who aren't actually ninjas, but just civilians

kaigan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:20 PM
yes, the ideal communist system that everyone dream of.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:30 PM
My reply was purely for the guy who got pissed at mut@t@. Just my way of "kindly" requesting he stfu without telling him to shut the fuck up. I fully realize mut@t@ didn't mean anything by the post. People just need thicker skin and more active brain cells.

ZakuHan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:33 PM
I'd apologize if I just meant his post on this thread, but I'm talking of almost every single other post I've seen from him in other threads.

Anyway.. I can imagine why the "government" of Konoha would want to "seize" the Uchiha properties and such since Sasuke was just a little kid at the time.. Though I dunno if they do things like htat in japan.. or did them in that era of time. They probably left him one house and enough of the family's money to get him by or something, not to mention the money they get from missions (think of how Naruto's purse was).

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:53 PM
what do you mean by "that era of time" ? naruto isnt in a particular era. its sort of a diffrent world so you cant really compare it to the real world in cases like this.

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:02 PM
I'd apologize if I just meant his post on this thread, but I'm talking of almost every single other post I've seen from him in other threads.

Anyway.. I can imagine why the "government" of Konoha would want to "seize" the Uchiha properties and such since Sasuke was just a little kid at the time.. Though I dunno if they do things like htat in japan.. or did them in that era of time. They probably left him one house and enough of the family's money to get him by or something, not to mention the money they get from missions (think of how Naruto's purse was).

relax, i don't mean any harm.

and yeah, naruto isn't in any era. it's just made up. look at it, they have tv's, video cameras and such, yet no cars.

InnerSakuraChan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:10 PM
To look at this really analytically, If it's really communist, wouldnt Sasuke's supposed wealth be reabsorbed by the system?

But to be entirely serious, of course Sasukes wealthy. Why else would all the girls want a prick like him?i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Sharigan_User
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider

Originally posted by: kaigan

LoL. you might be right. The reason Itachi massacred his whole village is because he's a greedy pig.

Lol! He looked liked the greedy type when I first saw him.

Mae
Mon, 06-28-2004, 04:46 PM
The girls only THINK he's wealthy....... (Ino: He's damned moody, but I don't want to end up running a flower store for the rest fo my life. Sakura: He dresses funny, but I would be able to pay off my deadbeat father's debts.)

In fact due to a legal technicality it is the eldest surviving Uchiha that inherits the clans wealth. This is the REAL reason Sasuke wants to finish off his brother. Want to find the motive? Then follow the money...

ZakuHan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Ah, money... One of the three taboos of ninja. Sasuke is atleast good at repelling women.. Kinda..

Assertn
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:38 PM
if by repelling, you mean attracting

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:45 PM
it's an anime, money never plays a part in animes, it's like asking how come the Tendo's have money (ranma 1\2) without anyone working, and while they have to pay for the damaged buildings all the time...

but, being serious for a moment, I think Naruto gets a wellfare check everyonce in a while, the reason?
it's a ninja villiage, which means that alot of adults die during mission, so there are natrually more orphens than usual, so the villiage council probably looks after them...

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
The girls only THINK he's wealthy....... (Ino: He's damned moody, but I don't want to end up running a flower store for the rest fo my life. Sakura: He dresses funny, but I would be able to pay off my deadbeat father's debts.)

In fact due to a legal technicality it is the eldest surviving Uchiha that inherits the clans wealth. This is the REAL reason Sasuke wants to finish off his brother. Want to find the motive? Then follow the money...

lol good one i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

EpoC
Mon, 06-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Sasuke is an Uchiha, a noble konoha clan, He should be rich espeacially when he is the last one in his clan.

Naruto he is an orphen so he must have social bidrag (don't know if it is any english word for that) i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

kaigan
Mon, 06-28-2004, 09:27 PM
sasuke is not the last of his clan. there is the all mighty itachi, who sasuke hates because he is everything that sasuke dream to be but never get there.

my conclusion is that itachi took all the money and left, leaving only the house for sasuke.

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 12:04 AM
the communist system makes perfect sense......
keep in mind that the purpose of doing missions is to make money for the village, as the hokage put it. Kind of like working for the greater benefit of the country, like the Soviet Union. You are assigned missions that are appropriate for your skill, just as SU government assigned their civilians to the jobs they were suited for. And this would also explain how someone like naruto could live on his own for 12 years before he even started doing missions. And if ninjas were paid a different way, like commission for example, then it wouldnt make sense that high level jounins like kakashi would willingly deal with C and D rank missions while babysitting genins when he could most likely be making a much better living off of A and B rank missions with other jounins

frexeze
Tue, 06-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
the communist system makes perfect sense......
keep in mind that the purpose of doing missions is to make money for the village, as the hokage put it. Kind of like working for the greater benefit of the country, like the Soviet Union. You are assigned missions that are appropriate for your skill, just as SU government assigned their civilians to the jobs they were suited for. And this would also explain how someone like naruto could live on his own for 12 years before he even started doing missions. And if ninjas were paid a different way, like commission for example, then it wouldnt make sense that high level jounins like kakashi would willingly deal with C and D rank missions while babysitting genins when he could most likely be making a much better living off of A and B rank missions with other jounins

i dont disagree with your theory mainly due to lack of a better one.. but i just assuemd kakashi wanted to take a break from higher rank missions because of the danger involved in them.. and also i thought he hasnt dont anything too serious since his partner died on a mission

kupalmaru
Tue, 06-29-2004, 11:00 AM
I think Naruto is on welfare. LOL

Rek
Tue, 06-29-2004, 11:27 AM
plus, kakashi would get a bonus for training, right? Probably the same amount of money for higher missions... but the pay can't be as important as room, and board...

(in case you didn't notice... kakashi's room was very similar to the room that naruto has... so I think most ninjas have rooms ....like a dorm. bigger houses like uchiha and hyuuga have mansions, and family's, like sakura's have actual houses)

so the pay isn't too much... probably

Rek
Tue, 06-29-2004, 11:27 AM
plus, kakashi would get a bonus for training, right? Probably the same amount of money for higher missions... but the pay can't be as important as room, and board...

(in case you didn't notice... kakashi's room was very similar to the room that naruto has... so I think most ninjas have rooms ....like a dorm. bigger houses like uchiha and hyuuga have mansions, and family's, like sakura's have actual houses)

so the pay isn't too much... probably

Aeon
Tue, 06-29-2004, 01:45 PM
The way I see it is Hokage gets a certain amount of mission requests per day and and he decides who goes on them. I figure 50% of the of the fee goes to the ninja while the other 50% goes to the ninja's that do the mission. Since Hyuuga and Uchiha were the noble clans they must have receieved a lot of mission requests which allowed them to buy their own plot of land in the village.

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 02:59 PM
the uchihas had big houses probably because they built the houses themselves.....
notice how in the after-effects of the war, everyone was building stuff? I'm sure back in whatever time period naruto is set in, people are alot more independent and versatile, and clans can work together and build their own communities, without having to mess with contractors and hiring builders.

Itachi's dad: "Itachi, go get us some more lumber to add another wing to the house"
Itachi: ".........." <pulls out katana and slices down several trees>

miaka
Wed, 06-30-2004, 04:40 PM
you sure he would pull out that sword and just cut down a tree? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif prob cut more than that

thundrakkon
Wed, 06-30-2004, 08:54 PM
the uchihas had big houses probably because they built the houses themselves.....

They still need space to build those houses. So either they were able to buy the land, or they must have done quite a few deeds to be given that land.

Sensei Jon
Wed, 06-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Of course Sasuke is wealthy, why else would all the women in the village want him so badly?i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Assertn
Wed, 06-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon

They still need space to build those houses. So either they were able to buy the land, or they must have done quite a few deeds to be given that land.

they live in the middle of a forest....who owns the area that isnt cut down yet?
maybe sending itachi out to cut wood kills two birds with one stone and they get more land freed up as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

thundrakkon
Wed, 06-30-2004, 09:48 PM
lol AssertnFailure

That sure solved a lot of the problem. Though I would have to think that the council or Hokage must have control over the land. Think about it... If everyone can cut down what ever area they wanted to build mansions, I don't think Konaho will be a very hidden village much longer.

Assertn
Wed, 06-30-2004, 09:59 PM
ninjas arent the type to just build themselves mansions when they feel like it. I think the type of era they live in is one that is more about minimalism and simplicity. Sure the houses are still nice looking and all...but there's no need for 20 rooms when there's 4 people living in it.