PDA

View Full Version : Make your own webboard

badgats
Sun, 06-27-2004, 08:34 PM
i dont know what this is exactly called , a forum i guess , but i was looking to make my own similiar to this but about game cheats and stuff like that. The i came across this site www.freewebboards.com . I htought was pretty easy to use and setup adn cant beat the price ( its free i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif )

if u guys make one post it in here so we can all visit i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

woofcat
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Another fourm that a belive gotwoot was hosted off of in the old days in invision you can get free ones at www.invisionfree.com (http://www.invisionfree.com)

Locke
Mon, 06-28-2004, 01:00 AM
I have to agree, Invision is a GREAT forum, one of the best.

hiroshi
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:39 AM
Yeah, i still don't understand the switch from that forum to this.... paid one.... But meh. I guess they have their reasons +.+

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by: hiroshi
Yeah, i still don't understand the switch from that forum to this.... paid one.... But meh. I guess they have their reasons +.+

think about it... if they had a free forum before and now pay for one, this one HAS to be better than the previous one. i mean come on, they're paying for what they had for free.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:08 AM
yea, you dont pay for somethign you had for free unless its better.

badgats
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:45 PM
well when u think about it free is good but when u pay u can change and add whatever components u want i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif but for starting off a free board is good .

Locke
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:49 PM
You can still download a board quite easily, such as invision. It does take work though. But it's all a matter of preference.

hiroshi
Fri, 07-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Nope. The free one was much better, and many of the people who signed here agreed and couldn't understand why they switched. There were tons of complaints, until the staff basically told everyone to stop complaining and deal with it. So in the end everything quietened (Sp?) down.

Some were ok with it, but i got the impression the majority hated the change. I was a long time user of the old forum as well, and i can't stand this new one much, but that won't make them change so there's no point in me complaining =P

Mut
Fri, 07-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by: hiroshi
Nope. The free one was much better, and many of the people who signed here agreed and couldn't understand why they switched. There were tons of complaints, until the staff basically told everyone to stop complaining and deal with it. So in the end everything quietened (Sp?) down.

Some were ok with it, but i got the impression the majority hated the change. I was a long time user of the old forum as well, and i can't stand this new one much, but that won't make them change so there's no point in me complaining =P

if they say this one is better... then it's better, they do run it...

i have no problem with this one, i don't see how the older one was any better.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 07-02-2004, 07:18 PM
^^ what he said. They'd know better than us.

Didn't they have bandwidth problems in the first place or something like that that the original forum couldn't handle?

Besides, though I hated the change at first I'm pretty comfortable with it the way it is now, plus its got better as well over time. There are still one or two minor inconveniences (editing your sig meaning that you have to set your avatar again) but on the whole the new one is fine for me now...

JessiA
Fri, 07-02-2004, 07:27 PM
The old forums used processes and bandwidth that kept making the server that had the forums (and the website, if I remember correctly) keep crashing. It was a php based format, which isn't bad when you don't have 200+ people visiting you every day/week.

This is a different format (ColdFusion, I believe) which is a lot easier on the bandwidth and processes and all that hullaballo.

If you want to learn more, run searches for all the threads that complained about the new forums.