PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why?!!

Darako
Sun, 06-27-2004, 02:20 AM
I was actually downloading those. Now I can't download any early episode anymore. I also dont have MirC or whatever so that's not an option. I really like the [ANBU-AOne] versions and I think the translations are very good but how can i still get the early eps now? Was it a problem that they were still on the site? I could still download them...

complich8
Sun, 06-27-2004, 12:48 PM
go to http://www.gotwoot.net/series.php?p=info&sec=1 and look for the batch torrents. They have all the episodes in 10 ep chunks, you can't go wrong.

alternately, you can solve your other problem by going to www.mirc.com and downloading mirc...

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sun, 06-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Yeah only problem with the batch files is that you might have lower speeds than you would have with a fresh episode due to lack of seeds and leechers/peers.

But you might get the same results, depending on Internet Speed.

Darako
Mon, 06-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Yes, I forgot about the batches. I'm also suprised about how fast they download. Some time ago when I tried them they wouldn't download at all. But now things are fine. Thank you very much.

complich8
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:15 AM
batches are a lot easier to keep reseeded than individual episodes. Think of it in light of episode count versus torrent count ....

Animeone has released nearly 800 fansubs now. Out of those, a good portion are things we'd rather not maintain torrents on (older licensed stuff, and stuff that was before the bittorrent age). But a LOT of releases have rolled across gotwoot. We try to keep some stuff seeded, and a lot of community seeding is done, but .... it's a lot more productive (memory and bandwidth-wise) for a seeder to seed a popular batch than it is to have a seeder seed single less-popular files. It also makes it less of a management task to try to download the stuff for you, 'cause you only have like 7 or 8 batches to get, instead of 80something for the series. You can more reasonably start a batch (or two) and expect it to be there tomorrow, ya know?

Batches are good mojo, especially relatively popular batches.