PDA

View Full Version : Topic Closure

Krbadass
Sat, 06-26-2004, 02:34 PM
If a topic is closed, it is either found to be useless or it breaks the rules, now while we are pretty easy on the rules here, we don't like pointless topics. BUT, if you see a topic closed, and you don't agree with it then give me or a different mod a pm with the topic that was closed, full and complete name of the topic. And state your reason why it shouldn't be closed, shouldn't take more then two seconds, Ok have fun!

Edit- Feel free to post here.

Mut
Sat, 06-26-2004, 06:20 PM
wow, you guys (gw members) must've bitched too much for krbadass to do this. but personally, if i see a thread closed, i don't see a reason why it should be re-opened. a mod closed the thread, then the mod probably has a good reason for it.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 06-26-2004, 07:00 PM
I imagine this was always the case but maybe no one ever bothered thinking all the mods were out to destroy. Nice to have it made official.

Edit to pervert sennin: So? It's an option for those that do. You may be perfectly content with every thread that gets closed remaining closed, but if I find a there's a thread I like and it gets closed, and I have a reason to want it open that isn't just bullshit, then, I'll make sure to use this option krbadass so kindly (and I'm guessing uncharacteristically) gave us. If the mod thinks the reason is bullshit, they don't have to listen, and it's only a few seconds of their time. Since it's a PM, you won't have to see it. What's the problem again?

PSJ
Sat, 06-26-2004, 07:05 PM
have what made official? i dont see a reason to why closed threads should be re opened.

kaigan
Sat, 06-26-2004, 09:56 PM
unless the person that made up the topic or some one else has a really good argument that no other has thought of, then i think the topic should be re-opened, otherwise, closed.

Knives122
Sat, 06-26-2004, 10:03 PM
yeah thats fine with me, Im not much of a topic starter anyway so it doesnt matter to me

Assertn
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:52 AM
i do find some topics that are closed for no logical reason though.....and its annoying especially if there's something i wanted to add to the convo

Krbadass
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:59 AM
Thats why i gave this option.

Gods_Son
Sun, 06-27-2004, 03:11 AM
I don't really care, some people just get sensitive when they're topic is closed, even it should be.

Luchio
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:22 PM
*Dramatization*

Message sent to Krbadass: yOu sux0rzz I wANT MY TOPIC BACK!!!!! I have evry right to say all the stupid stuff I want!!!

-12 year old kid making his point

Assertn
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:31 PM
you guys dont think that they may go overboard at times with the locking?

i still wont forget when krbadass locked joker-kun's birthday thread...lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mae
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Can we have the fashion thread back?

We can call it the "character design thread" instead........ I like frivilous topics........

Krbadass
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey, my birthday thread was locked the day after my birthday, i gave him like a week and a half.

Assertn
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:50 PM
ohhh i see.....so this locking aggression manifested from a similar event that happened in your own past then.......<jots down some notes> i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

hmm, i dont think my birthday thread ever got locked

lasaire
Sun, 06-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Most thread locking occurs when people break the rules for starting official new manga/anime episode threads, or when a discussion deteriorates to the point of name-calling. Or, in the fanart section, when separate threads are created to showcase art that already has its own larger, dedicated thread, such as the dedicated Naruto Fanart thread or the sig/wallpaper showcase thread.

Krbadass
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
ohhh i see.....so this locking aggression manifested from a similar event that happened in your own past then.......<jots down some notes> i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

hmm, i dont think my birthday thread ever got locked

Wanna make some more jokes buddy?

Rock Lee
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:53 PM
I've never seen any mod really abuse the thread locking. I can't speak for the other mods, but i've always been open to the idea of reopening the threads unless the user really pisses off the other mods and me such as the case with ?igma. Or the plethora of i hate Rock Lee threads after what that whole "naruto is licensed" extravoganza a while back. For the most part if you guys feel you've been done wrong talk to the mod who did it first its really there deal. If its a problem then this thread would be an ideal solution. Theres my 2 cents on the whole thing.

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
I imagine this was always the case but maybe no one ever bothered thinking all the mods were out to destroy. Nice to have it made official.

Edit to pervert sennin: So? It's an option for those that do. You may be perfectly content with every thread that gets closed remaining closed, but if I find a there's a thread I like and it gets closed, and I have a reason to want it open that isn't just bullshit, then, I'll make sure to use this option krbadass so kindly (and I'm guessing uncharacteristically) gave us. If the mod thinks the reason is bullshit, they don't have to listen, and it's only a few seconds of their time. Since it's a PM, you won't have to see it. What's the problem again?

i just didnt understand what you meant with your post. i dont find any problem with this, i just said that i dont see any problems when a thread is closed. in my opinion the mods can judge this correctly, isnt that why they are given the positions?

EDIT: i think i remember that Rock, you made a joke about naruto getting licensed right? i thought that was hilarious i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that most of the people that come this forum are in the same age group, and are in fairly similar situations, like seniors in high school all the way up to recent college grads (congrats to all of you who just graduated by the way.) Same goes for the mods. In other words, they're pretty much like us. They make mistakes. Even though they probably don't often abuse the their thread locking powers, they may sometimes make errors in judgement, or simply not be able to see from the same perspective as the people who were posting in the thread. I'm saying this because, if I'm right that they are similar to us (and not super-intelligent aliens from outerspace), then they can make the same mistakes as we do (as I do). I imagine this is why Krbadass gave the option. If you can give a worthwhile reason why a thread that was closed should be opened, then the mods will open it unless they have a good reason not to (as in it's exceedingly annoying). For the most part, I find that their judgement is sound, but there were a couple of threads that I would have liked to see re-opened, I just didn't bother complaining because my attention was quickly caught by other threads. I appreciate this option.

Assertn
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:37 PM
welcome back, btw Lee.....unless i just hadnt been paying attention.....you were gone from these forums for a while now as well i believe

PSJ
Mon, 06-28-2004, 06:38 PM
yea you are probably right, i have just never seen a locked thread that i wanted re-opened. if you look through the threads you can most times see what they were locked for.

Krbadass
Tue, 06-29-2004, 05:51 PM
I didn't think so assertnfailure

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 07:14 PM
lol, i just wanted to leave my witty retort and end it there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

actually the only reason any general discussion topic should be closed is if it becomes a flame war, or just two people having an aim convo to boost their post count or something

Krbadass
Wed, 06-30-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
lol, i just wanted to leave my witty retort and end it there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

actually the only reason any general discussion topic should be closed is if it becomes a flame war, or just two people having an aim convo to boost their post count or something

Next time leave your witty retorts to yourself.

Assertn
Wed, 06-30-2004, 12:41 PM
hey, if everyone kept to themselves....then there wouldnt be any point to having a forum then

i didnt mean to insult you or anything.....if thats what you're getting at i/expressions/brokenheart.gif