PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lee's turtle

Kiyonerose
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:12 AM
I was rewatching episode 22 of Naruto. The one when Rock Lee fights Sasuke and the turtle stopped him doing the finishing move. What's the deal with the Turtle? They never showed him again. Is the turtle one of those summoning animals that Jariyaa, the 3rd Hokage, and Kakashi can summon. If so, did Gai call him or did he appear on his own.

Pyron
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:23 AM
its obvious gai summoned him...no other explaination

Gods_Son
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Only Gai would have such a stupid summon

Kumiriko
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:32 AM
It isnt that stupid. I bet it is The Best Defence Summons.

Jessper
Sat, 06-26-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps

haha i agree.

Mut
Sat, 06-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps

lol... exactly wht i was gonna say.

Originally posted by: Kumiriko
It isnt that stupid. I bet it is The Best Defence Summons.

no, it's not "the best defense summon."

japanaman
Sat, 06-26-2004, 12:35 PM
i mean honestly, what can a turtle really do?... Nothing. So i agree that Gai summoned it because it is so worthless, as is he.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-26-2004, 12:46 PM
It's supposed to intimidate the enemy. The enemy might think it's real strong, but really it's weak was hell.

chambers
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:40 PM
i dunno about that i mean............ AFAIK frogs arent known for there huge destructive roles in the enviroment and monkeys dont have reputations for turning into weapons as hard as diamonds..........at least not round here they dont. thats the squirrals job you see.

kaigan
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:48 PM
how do you know it's worthless? you never seen it fight.

Sirion
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Then again, Tsunade also has a pig. I got over 100 pigs next door here. I have been bitten by them occationally, but I cen't see any of them do anything usefull in battle. But I am sure she summons it for a reason.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-26-2004, 01:57 PM
I think it's just a pet.

Aeon
Sat, 06-26-2004, 02:26 PM
I think the pig belongs to Shizune and the way it was looking at Oro and Kabuto, I think she uses it in combat like Kiba uses Akamaru. Anyway that turtle didn't have to be a combat turtle since all Kakashi dogs aren't for combat nor are all the frog summons. Plus Tsunade has a slug, a turtle has to more useful then a slug.

thundrakkon
Sat, 06-26-2004, 02:29 PM
The pig looked like it was about to join the fight against Oro and Kabuto, so it might not be such a useless pet. As for turtle, we haven't seen it used in battle yet, so we can't really say what it can do. Hey, if a giant frog can carry a giant sword and fight like a samurai, maybe the turtle can carry four blades on each leg and do a giant spinning attack. Who knows until we actually see it in battle.

Destroyor
Sat, 06-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Turtle from gunbound ---> water gun
Turtle from pokemon >< ---> water gun

Therefore Gai's turtle uses water gun.

The end.

kupalmaru
Sat, 06-26-2004, 02:44 PM
I think the pig is a monk, because it has a bed on his neck. Probably the pig is the pet of Tsunadi's brother who is a monk(from the look of the flashback).

Edit: the bead around the pigs neck can be just a jewelry; the pig is with two girl.

meroko01
Sat, 06-26-2004, 03:45 PM
I think the pig is a monk, because it has a bed on his neck. Probably the pig is the pet of Tsunadi's brother who is a monk(from the look of the flashback).

what?!

Jessper
Sat, 06-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by: meroko01

what?!

I think he means he belives the pig is a monk because it is wearing a beaded necklace though I don't think either one of them looked like a monk(and we can't tell who is who in that flashback can we? I'll have to go rewatch it...) and the necklace doesn't mean it's a monk imo it is just decoration heh.

Renbo
Sat, 06-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey, A turtle isnt worthless!!

Ever seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutrles? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Aion
Sat, 06-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Best battle ever Summoned Turtle VS Slug.

PSJ
Sat, 06-26-2004, 04:56 PM
you dont know if the summon is useless.. i mean what can toads really do in the real world?

Feannag
Sat, 06-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Correction.

Only the Turtles would let Gai sign the Summon Pact with them.

Feannag
Sat, 06-26-2004, 06:43 PM
There are many myths, especially Japan, around Asia which speaks the powers of turtles. Some even claim the turtle is one of Heaven's chosen, given their long lifespan and hard shells. And some eve go as far to say turtles are among the strongest of animals, having had a hand in forging the world.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 06-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
you dont know if the summon is useless.. i mean what can toads really do in the real world?

Toads are awesome in the real world. They jump high, catch things with their toungues and one type has what may be the most potent form of poison found in the natural world excreting from its skin. I know that's not really the point, but I like frogs.

wirm
Sat, 06-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

Toads are awesome in the real world. They jump high, catch things with their toungues and one type has what may be the most potent form of poison found in the natural world excreting from its skin. I know that's not really the point, but I like frogs.

I can totally see a big turtle puting Chouji's "meat tank" jutsu to good use. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Assertn
Sun, 06-27-2004, 02:16 AM
i think the point of the turtle was to be either/both ironic or/and symbollic

ironic in the sense that turtles are slow and gai is uber fast
symbollic in the sense of the "tortoise and the hare" story, where an analagy could be made to hardworking overcoming talented

kaigan
Sun, 06-27-2004, 03:40 AM
ever heard of turtle soup? it's fking expensive. where as the other animal's soup are cheap.

so, they have their usefulness.

Masamune
Sun, 06-27-2004, 12:29 PM
its very simple

whats the turtles only weakness....

if they're upside down they can't roll back over.

so if gai summons two and uses some ducktape

they're unstoppable

Goingin
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: Masamune
its very simple

whats the turtles only weakness....

if they're upside down they can't roll back over.

so if gai summons two and uses some ducktape

they're unstoppable

They could also squeeze out a combo of somekind i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Bakara
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by: Aion
Best battle ever Summoned Turtle VS Slug.

LMFAO!!!!

kupalmaru
Sun, 06-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Do you think that there is a giant turtle summon(like Gamabunta) or it is just small summon(like the dogs of Kakashi).

I doubt that Gai can do a giant summon

badgats
Sun, 06-27-2004, 08:31 PM
LOL what a crazy topic i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i think the turtle is spose to be wise i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kiyonerose
Sun, 06-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Knowing Gai sensei he probably use the turtle for show. To make flashy entrances so he would look cool.

Rock Lee *SMILE*
Tue, 06-29-2004, 01:39 AM
ITS obvious that rock was semi scared of the turtle so i think the turtle is A: realy wise all knowing sorta of thing or B:Uber powerful rock doesnt wanna get his ass kiked even though its impossible for rock to get his ass kicked

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 02:52 AM
my guess is there's an ultimate version of every different animal summon. So far we've only seen Enma and Gamabunta, but thats just cause most of the other characters in the show dont possess the chakra to summon their respective ultimates

Stoopider
Tue, 06-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Actually you all missed out on Japanese myth's on explaining turtle's except for Feannag. And Naruto is very closely linked to Japanese Mythology.

I bet if gai summon the ultimate Turtle it would be Gammera (Defender of the universe).

Aeon
Tue, 06-29-2004, 01:40 PM
If Kakashi has a ultimate summon it better be a big fire breathing Cerberus.

Rek
Tue, 06-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by: Rock Lee *SMILE*
ITS obvious that rock was semi scared of the turtle so i think the turtle is A: realy wise all knowing sorta of thing or B:Uber powerful rock doesnt wanna get his ass kiked even though its impossible for rock to get his ass kicked

thats actually a very good point

Assertn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 03:03 PM
either that or lee knows that where he finds the turtle, he finds gai-sensei

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I think it's probably what Assertn said, that it's probably that Lee knows that if the turtle is there, then Gai is there.

ThyName
Fri, 07-02-2004, 01:49 AM
hey stop slammin the turtle, i mean at least their hasnt been some really gay summon like a slug or somethini/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif j/k. but really their could be a sloth, cat, cow, donkey, mosquito, etc... And i bet that the huge turtle is f'in awesome. by the way oro..'s snake is the coolesti/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif