PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-24-2004, 06:09 PM
If you read this manga i can inform you that the latest chapter chapter 216 is out.

You can find it here http://www.geocities.com/moustachio_gs/manga.htm

If you want talk about Gon and company here is the place.

L8r
Fri, 06-25-2004, 10:31 AM
its a shame its so low Q on the manga i/expressions/brokenheart.gif
but other than that its a great manga

wounder how the guy is doing...(the guy who makes it) any1 know?

Stoopider
Fri, 06-25-2004, 12:01 PM
The problem with the manga on it's latest arc is the art (OMG. Their doodling. It's not even drawing). And also about the 'ren' 'ten' stuff, which I don't really care. Either than that.. It's quite a good series.lit

Very Dragonball feel. And very well defined abilities. And the part I love best is the fact that Gon and The friend whatsisname is weak. Rather than making them super super powerful. It brings a different point of view to the series. Rather than the typical invincible hero.

The writer needs some artist to help him do the sceneries and stuff.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 06-26-2004, 06:21 AM
I also like that Gon and Kilula arent super strong yet. The Nen is the best power thing in anime,they explained Nen much better than others shows powers.

Im little irritated that Q is so low,cant he draw better?

You cant compare this great manga with Dragonball for god sake!!!

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-26-2004, 07:52 AM
the artist needs an 'archangel's blessing' card to heal him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (i think that's the name of the card, anyway)...

he got sick couple of years ago (while he was still doing YYH), and since then he had has his times of crappy artwork and months of no relaesing...

on the bright side, you can at least take comfort in the fact that the released Volumes have decent artwork, so the current arc will have new better looking versions of it..

Hakeem_21
Sat, 06-26-2004, 08:02 AM
I want to read YYH and see if it as good HXH do you know where i can download it or find some scans

I hope we dont wait two months more for the next chapter of this manga.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-26-2004, 08:30 AM
I'll save you the trouble, it isn't.

I've watched 85/112 episodes of the anime, so i can say that YYH is nothing compared to HxH, it's merely a DBZ look alike, and i mean it... even though you can see some parts resembling HxH, but it's better to start with YYH and move on to HxH than the other way...

the YYH manga is probably better than the anime, you can get the few first volumes at mangareactor (http://www.mangareactor.tk), but it covers less than the first 5 episodes of the anime (which means, the manga had lots' of stuff who didn't appear in the anime...)

Hakeem_21
Sat, 06-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Even if its not as good HXH i want to read it. So mangareactor doesnt have all volymes of the YYH manga?

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 06-26-2004, 09:12 AM
just download the anime, manga isn't available anywhere, the anime is great if you like super powers and lots of fighting

Hakeem_21
Sat, 06-26-2004, 11:58 AM
I want the manga cause i alredy watch a lot of anime shows.'

Are sure that you cant find anywhere on the net.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 06-30-2004, 08:30 PM
very sure i've looked everywhere

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-02-2004, 07:28 AM
thanks anyway Delux

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-03-2004, 07:35 AM
I've got a really stupid question, about HxH 217 (it's out, by the way):

gon says that he went on dates with older women who love young kids, and said that he believes they're called "mania"

unfourtanly, the only word i know for pedophiles is is pedophiles, and there is no 'mania' in it...

so my question is what does gon mean? is there another english word for pedophilia? or is the translation just being sucky?

note: please, don't start with the 'orochimarumani' or 'jacksonmania' jokes, we got the point already, it ain't funny.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 07-05-2004, 07:35 AM
I think the mangaka called the women who likes young boys mania cause he didnt want to use the pedophiles or it can be that Gon who is soo clueless doesnt even know the word pedophiles so he makes up the word mania.

Himura_san
Tue, 07-13-2004, 11:31 PM
I love HXH!
However the current arc is not the least bit amusing!
Super Ants that take the form of their prey???
Man it looks like a Japanese Godzilla creature-fest B-Movie!!
I thought HXH was above that!
I like the Ryodan arc and Greed Island was cool but this one is making
me lose faith. Stoopider is right they are merely doodling nowadays.
I hope I am wrong about all this.

Stoopider
Fri, 07-16-2004, 12:07 PM
This current one is a mix with MajinBu and they look like Cell. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hakeem_21
Fri, 07-16-2004, 06:32 PM
I also love HXH but i just hope this arc ends soon so we can go back to Ryodan and Kurapica, that was a good arc!

Munsu
Sat, 08-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Just to make sure... is the current HxH chapter that is out 221?

i'm currently downloading the torrent posted in mirkx with chapters 1-221

and if possible, can someone tell me on what chapter does the Greed Island Final ends?

kAi
Sun, 08-29-2004, 01:02 AM
yeah 221 is out

/server irc.irchighway.net
/join #nexgear
nexgear do it and
#null but i dont know if they have started it yet...

they do it
manga-section stopped it but #null are taking over for them..

Munsu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:20 AM
kAi... do you happen to know which chapter is the end of the Greed Island arc?

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 08-29-2004, 08:54 AM
budweineken around chapter 185 is the end of Greed Island arc, although I love Hunter x Hunter and the new arc could be very good if it had better drawing or animation, but i suggest not to read it i heard the artist will go back and revise his drawings cuz seriously his drawing at the end of GI arc up to 221 suck so much a kid of 3 years old could draw better it's really sad cuz a great series is going down hill, if you can put up with really bad drawings you should continue reading but seriously i can't get into this arc because of the bad art...i really wished the man behing hxh would've just waited until his sickness was over before continueing hxh seriously i'm totally disgusted with the art work

Munsu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 09:00 AM
I see.. I just downloaded it in case no more OVAs come out... if that were to happen i would go to the manga to read what happens next...

But i will follow your suggestion also...

thanks

Hakeem_21
Wed, 09-01-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
budweineken around chapter 185 is the end of Greed Island arc, although I love Hunter x Hunter and the new arc could be very good if it had better drawing or animation, but i suggest not to read it i heard the artist will go back and revise his drawings cuz seriously his drawing at the end of GI arc up to 221 suck so much a kid of 3 years old could draw better it's really sad cuz a great series is going down hill, if you can put up with really bad drawings you should continue reading but seriously i can't get into this arc because of the bad art...i really wished the man behing hxh would've just waited until his sickness was over before continueing hxh seriously i'm totally disgusted with the art work

Yeah the art for the ant arc is really really bad but if you are like HXH you can live with it.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 09-01-2004, 10:36 AM
yeah it's such a shame i really hope he redoes those volumes, this series was and still is great but if the art stays this way the little fanbase it had will most likely wither away

DragonSpawn
Fri, 09-03-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
I've got a really stupid question, about HxH 217 (it's out, by the way):

gon says that he went on dates with older women who love young kids, and said that he believes they're called "mania"

unfourtanly, the only word i know for pedophiles is is pedophiles, and there is no 'mania' in it...

so my question is what does gon mean? is there another english word for pedophilia? or is the translation just being sucky?

note: please, don't start with the 'orochimarumani' or 'jacksonmania' jokes, we got the point already, it ain't funny.

Well the japanese does have some odd words for different things that might not be that obvious to the rest of the world. For example lolicon (one who fancies young peeps) isnt a word taken from english but it is in english non the less. mania is most likely just a term for people who are obsessed in something. in this case older women obsessed with younger guys. And pedophilia isnt a very "good" word. If they were to start saying pedophilia instead of mania in HxH it would be cast in a whole new light n parents n such might not take so lightly on it then =p So to summarize: they create their own english words or interpret already existing ones to their own liking i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Hakeem_21
Fri, 09-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
yeah it's such a shame i really hope he redoes those volumes, this series was and still is great but if the art stays this way the little fanbase it had will most likely wither away

You cant call the fanbase that HXH have little cause i haven been to a lot of forums that HXH fans dominates.

I read in a www.nexgear.com that HXH had sold over 30 milion copies in from the start to 2002 and there is a lot more people who just dowloads the manga like us.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 09-03-2004, 08:09 AM
hmmmmm i didn't know hxh had such a big fanbase i thougt there weren't as many as you just said feels good to know that

Munsu
Fri, 09-03-2004, 08:45 AM
That's because you are hanging out here in gotwoot... where 99% of the members know only of Naruto

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 09-03-2004, 09:01 AM
lol that's true

Hakeem_21
Mon, 09-06-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
That's because you are hanging out here in gotwoot... where 99% of the members know only of Naruto

Hehe you are 100% right

In Nexgear ist the way around the people are 99% HXH fan.

Some dude said the samething in nexgear and he was told right by all the hxh fans....

Elite Hentai
Fri, 09-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Is there some way to get chpt 221 without IRC? I have a really bad experience with it.

Here is a HTML download website for all the other IRC n00bs http://www.geocities.com/moustachio_gs/manga.htm

kAi
Sat, 09-11-2004, 08:26 AM
205-221 @ http://www.home.no/hunter1/
and also Volume 19..

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-11-2004, 02:56 PM
just so you'd understand, the new volume 19 is the one with the re-done art, and while it doesn't compare to the early chapters, it's still much better than the latest 'doodle with Togashi' chapters...

Xceleration
Sun, 09-12-2004, 12:32 AM
Any ftp servers or direct downloads where I can get the earlier volumes?

Elite Hentai
Sun, 09-12-2004, 02:51 AM
the link that i gave links to TW and other groups that translated earlier chapters

edit: WTF i just read the first post and it has the same link that i posted. i need to learn to read lol

Turles
Mon, 09-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Always use the site kAi posted. It is the most frequently updated HxH manga site there is. As for the "bad drawings", atleast Togashi's work is redrawn for the volume (book) releases. Unfortunately nexGear only started doing their translations in the midst of the volume 19 chapters, so the only v2 you'll be seeing (from them) is vol19+.

Fortunately... I have the vol18 raw, so it's just a matter of time before I take a pause from subbing to do some photoshop work...

kAi
Wed, 10-06-2004, 09:10 AM
HXH 222 is out at #nexgear on irchighway or http://www.home.no/bce/hunter222ng.zip

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-07-2004, 04:47 AM
Nice thanks i must read it!

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 10-07-2004, 12:49 PM
bah the art was once again horrible beyond believe, a 3 year old could skribble this up

NewTaxes
Thu, 10-07-2004, 05:17 PM
I thought the manga artist had a life long disease, but I suppose that was just early panic infused rumors.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 10-11-2004, 06:53 AM
The art was beyond horrible,the worst hxh chapters art wise ever. It was so bad that you didnt even se well what was happening. I hope he takes brakes or something and comeback as he was in the begining of the manga at that time the art was exellent.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-13-2004, 12:09 PM
http://208.53.128.202/HunterXHunter-223-v1(nG).zip

223 is released, finally the battle is gonna start, still crappy art nexgear didn't even bother to clean the raw it wouldn''t make it look much better anyway

kAi
Wed, 10-13-2004, 07:00 PM
yeah it was still pretty shit art.
but these fights that are going to come up should be good.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-14-2004, 04:33 AM
Yeah 224 is gonna be awsome when the fights begins. I wonder what Gon have up his sleave they said he has been saving his aura and also what can he and Killua doe agianst the strongest gaurd the ant king has. Finally HXH is weekly now we dont have a month nowadays.

Hayate
Thu, 10-14-2004, 06:02 AM
i'm 100% sure Gon wont pull any new tricks out of his sleave. he's most likely jus goin to show his previous techniques updated, like a faster 'Paa' or something. luckily, Nen doesnt allow for any 'i pulled a new technique outta my ass in the middle of a fight" type situations.

kAi
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:29 AM
yeah nexgear are doing pretty well with there releases which is great..
i wanna see President Netero fight the king....i really want to see netero fight all out...ive been waiting for it for a long time.

and also i wouldnt mind seeing Hisoka again...i thought he was cool.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-14-2004, 07:30 AM
bahha, one of the worst chapters lately,,, both artwise and plotwise...

and to think i was actually hoping that gon won't fight the ants, man,,, i wish that the spiders would have shown up instead, that would have been better,,,,

Hakeem_21
Thu, 10-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Hisoka is needed and the spiders too thats why i hope they finish these ants soon so we can go back to the spiders story,kurpica and co.

Hayate: I meant Muraro said that he has saved his aura so he can use it better when he fights and the way they were talking about him saving his aura to the fights something speciel must happen.

Death Booo Z: What are you complaining about 223 what ten times better than 222 art and story!

kAi
Sat, 10-16-2004, 10:17 PM
you can also use this site for hxh and other ng releases..
http://www.geocities.com/moustachio_gs/manga.htm

chapter 224 is released from nexgear.

PSJ
Sun, 11-14-2004, 12:25 PM
read from where g. i finals ended. this new arc with the ants started of very bad with the ant queen and all but as soon as the ants started beocming lion men and shit it was kinda fun the art is crappy tho. the one thing that bothers me the most is the cell copy the king is, he looks like a cross between ren from shaman king and cell from dragonballz. and it would be cooler to have the spiders finish off the king and his guards. i wonder what they did to that scorpion woman i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. katio was a cool dude to with his roulette weapon. is it just me or has the mangaka started changing his style a little for example that girl that dated gon she doesnt look like any other character from this manga.

kAi
Sun, 11-14-2004, 10:27 PM
yeah it seems he has changed his style but with his art not upto par with what it looks like before hand it could just be that. but she is one whacked out girl anyway, so she meant to look like that.

well the spiders are gunna finish off that scorpion woman, i think. and president hetero is gunna finish off the king, the president needs to beat the king imo, coz we havent seen him go all out yet, and thats one thing i am certainly looking forward to. we might see the return of hisoka as well, that would be awesome.

ithe scorpion woman would have been that little thing that one of the queens guards would have looked after that one that said he would never hurt of touch a human again, or something.
that little thing that fit in his hand.

EDIT: Volume 20 will be released really soon, about 30mins from #nexgear. with the better art and such

Hunter X Hunter has been licenced.

PSJ
Sat, 11-20-2004, 06:56 PM
i want more :'( btw if you are interested go and check the sig and wallpaper thread in fan art and check my hxh wallpapers, my first and second try on wallpapers so give me some feed back.

kAi
Sun, 11-21-2004, 03:40 AM
yeah there will be more. this licence thing will do nothing i just thought i would say it.
im guessing at least another week for HxH.
and i checked out the wallpapers and they cool.

PSJ
Wed, 11-24-2004, 05:21 PM
yea read 225 it was cool and finally we found out the skill of the zoldyeck girl. it was quite cool i want to know the other guys skills tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Kurapica
Thu, 12-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Nexgear just released chapter 226.

kAi
Thu, 12-02-2004, 03:36 PM
oooh thnx, getting it now.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 12-06-2004, 06:13 AM
It was an ok chapter,it was nice to see what Killua sister could do but the art was yuck. He really should do something about it cause it ruining the mangai/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-19-2004, 01:45 PM
227 is out, get it the usual way, whatever it may be...

a good chapter with shitty art, the bugs get exactly what they deserve, and some of the spiders show really neat skills (sharlank, he was always one of my favorites).

Hakeem_21
Sun, 12-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah he was pretty cool and i hope we can see what Gon and killua are doing soon,they been gone a few chapters now.

kAi
Mon, 12-20-2004, 02:14 AM
yeah just read this, yeah i want to see gon and killua again

the spiders beaten them easy is a little too predictable.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 12-20-2004, 09:18 AM
It was semi predictable cause i thougt fpr a e sec that they would be hard. Also the queen doesnt seem so easy.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 12-22-2004, 01:50 AM
where can i get chapter 18 for hunterxhunter please. Irc preferably, thanks

kAi
Wed, 12-22-2004, 03:21 AM
most probably #null on irchighway or possibly #nexgear
i'm not sure if toriyama world will have it anymore, but you could check it also.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 12-24-2004, 06:11 PM
thanks kai!

Hakeem_21
Mon, 12-27-2004, 06:58 PM
228 is ut @ nexgear.com

This chapter was art wise greatly improved from 227 and rest of this arch. I was almost shocked of how good it was compared to latest chaps.

kAi
Tue, 12-28-2004, 12:53 AM
thanks for that.

but still the art isn't up there yet.
but the first couple of pages (i think) where better.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 12-28-2004, 04:56 AM
Yeah the first couple of pages was the best art wise and even if art in this chap wasnt near the best of HXH it still was better the chaps in this arch.

kAi
Tue, 12-28-2004, 06:10 AM
yeah, well it does seems things are looking up, if the art keeps getting better, it can only mean better art for the future, lets hope that this is the case.

kAi
Sun, 02-06-2005, 06:17 AM
#nexgear have released upto 231
enjoy, may need to get off irc

#nexgear@irc.irchighway.net
http://www.squiggle-manga.co.nr/

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Finaly Gon and Killua is back and in action too also the art is as great as it used to be and HXH is almost weekly now so things cant be going any better.

kAi
Tue, 02-08-2005, 06:27 PM
ya, it was so cool when i saw that Gon and Killua were there and we got some fighting, i was so happy. I can't wait until we see the President fight, man he's going to be a powerhouse!!

Another thing i was suprised about was the art, i couldn't believe it, it's gotten back to original quality.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah and for the first time in a long time,you could actually see the backroundi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Also im wondering who is that person who are watching them.....

kAi
Tue, 02-08-2005, 08:58 PM
you mean from page 2 and 3, if so i think it was the snake.
or the bat/owl.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 02-08-2005, 11:33 PM
I mean the person who also said "what are gonna do now " when the bat and owl appeared before Gon.

It was mostly likely the same person that Killua sensed.

kAi
Wed, 02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
oh yeah, over looked that.
hmmm, it's probably the higher up, just below the king, not to sure.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 02-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah it is most likely one of the royal guards or some just below them.

He cant a a low level ant when he read killua pretty good.

Munsu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:13 PM
where can i get raws for 232+?

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:30 PM
You cant get them cause they arent out yet.

www.nexgear.com is you best place for the raws when they are out.

Munsu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:36 PM
ah i c....

i thought that i heard kai praising some raw releases because the art seemed alot better... but it 231 the art still looked shitty, so i thought there must be more raws out there...

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:37 PM
231 is the best compare to the other chapters in this volume.

Munsu
Sat, 02-12-2005, 02:41 PM
lol i guess

still shitty though

Hayate
Fri, 02-18-2005, 10:56 PM
i dont see any reason to complain, its not like you're paying for it. and Togashi does a much better quality volume release which the scanalators will release when available

Munsu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 01:45 AM
am i complaining??? im just stating a truth... artwork looked like crap enough said....

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 02-19-2005, 02:40 AM
*nods in agreement* the artwork is crappy as hell i wish Togashi went back to his old style instead of this crappy shit we're getting the manga looked way better in the beginning then it does now

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-19-2005, 03:44 PM
232 is out by nexgear...

only shows that gon isn't a pro hunter for nothing, he really can hunt!

Munsu
Sat, 02-19-2005, 04:03 PM
has always... you can get it here...

kAi
Sat, 02-19-2005, 09:27 PM
hmmm, ok chapter.
gon thinking is good, and working out best plans for attack, and doing it wisely.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 02-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah it has been far too long since we seen Gon like this.

I wonder what he will do now.

Eurasian
Sat, 02-26-2005, 04:24 AM
ch. 233 is out link (http://crackrabbitstudios.com/NexForumStuff/HunterXHunter-233-v1(nG).zip)

wow..that kinda ended quickly but gon has good logic. that cat girl or whatever is kinda scary...

kAi
Sat, 02-26-2005, 04:44 AM
yeah these guys are nobody's, Gon got rid of them well, he was thinking behind his attacks, trying to work out a weakness, it was good.
Neferupitoo is the cat girl's name.
I seems like Killua has a big match coming up straight away.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-26-2005, 06:28 AM
She is know as Nef cause nobody can spell her name righti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I have been enjoying theselast chapter where you get see Gon thinking trough his attacks.

Hopyfully Killua will do the same thing.

Munsu
Sat, 02-26-2005, 06:33 AM
i think Killua will get owned

kAi
Sat, 02-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Well i'm thinking that Gon is going to join in that fight with Killua, as i remember a page where they showed it like it was this person verse that person and Gon, Killua and Neferupitoo, where i the same cell and at the bottom was the king and Hetero.

Also the thing not making this certain is the person/thing spying on Gon, he can hold him up and he might not be in that fight.

i just went back to look at that part Chapter 223, and also Gon has to fight her, as he and Killua requested her, i don't know how this will work, but yeah.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 02-26-2005, 08:08 AM
This person will fight Gon that is almost clear after what he said when Gon finished the owl. He said " the problem is what do i do now..."

I hope Killua and Gon fight Nef next chap but knowing this kind of mangas they will not fight her in 234.

Munsu
Thu, 03-10-2005, 09:56 AM
234 is out

Stoopider
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:07 AM
Man. I'm so lost ever since the art went to hell.

Hey.. I heard.. the art, after a while, he would redo it again properly.. Am I right? Maybe I'll wait for those to come out then only download. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Plus.. Doens't the bug Queen remind you of Cell from Dragonball? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

relevasius
Fri, 03-11-2005, 03:31 AM
yeah you're right, and all the stupid censoring will be taken out as well

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
censoring?

The art is no problem now that the story is picking up.

Killua'face in the last pic of 234 is so intresting and cant wait to see what he does in 235.

kAi
Fri, 03-11-2005, 11:12 PM
yeah Killua looks awesome at the end, I think we're in for some good fighting scenes to come.

Gon v Spy
Killua v those 3

Should be the first fights up.

relevasius
Sat, 03-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
censoring?

Well if you've already got the version 2's of the earlier volumes then you won't see it, but some of the version 1 releases had black boxes put over gruesome things, such as someone getting their head ripped off, and those were going to be taken out once it was released in the tankuban and the art was redone. Nexgear used to bitch about it in the old releases.

Hakeem_21
Sat, 03-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Ah i have seen those black boxes once or twice.

kAi
Sun, 03-13-2005, 09:31 AM
alot of people bitched about it, as they thought it was the scanlators doing.

Elite Hentai
Sun, 03-13-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't get it why it gets cencored. They didn't do that earlier did they? If that's so, it couldn't be because of a law. IMHO censoring is always bad (because i love excessive blood and gore i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif), if you don't want little kids to see that stuff just raise the minimum age to buy that manga.

kAi
Sun, 03-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah, but then they lose money of the younger audience, sure they might still get it but they would surely lose money.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-17-2005, 05:48 AM
reason = HxH is published at shonen jump, which has censorship, when it gets out on the volume version, they can show whatever they want.

Elite Hentai
Thu, 03-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Then they should make an uncencored version for another magazine.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-17-2005, 04:55 PM
i can't find words to explain how stupid that idea is...

Hakeem_21
Thu, 03-17-2005, 06:54 PM
What did you guys think about 235?

I was shocked by how clean the pics were and the story is really getting intresting and for the first time in a while i like the chimeras speciely the lion.

Elite Hentai
Fri, 03-18-2005, 01:21 AM
i can't find words to explain how stupid that idea is...

Why? If they make an uncencored version for another magazine or an adult version of shounen jump they can sell even more, because a lot of people don't want to buy cencored stuff.

relevasius
Fri, 03-18-2005, 06:04 AM
I don't think you're taking all the cost factors into consideration, for one you're assuming that the audience would grow when it probably wouldn't, rather the current fan base would split in some ratio of censored:non-censored, which would make them lose money. And why would anyone waste pages reprinting a series when you could make more money off of a new one. Plus what would be the drive for people to buy the tankubans if they did that. It's genius marketing damnit, genius.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
wow, i actually have to spell it for you...

HxH is publishized in shonen jump magazine, it's part of thier line up, and it's been running there for the past five (even six) years, so basically, people who don't read shonen jump don't know the story (unless they get the volume versions).
so, what do you think will happen if they started publishing it in a diffrent magazine? the people who read that magazine won't have any idea what's going on!
and believe it or not, people won't buy the magazine for the HxH manga only (the avarage manga reader gotwoot fan reads 5 shonen jump mangas: naruto, one piece, bleach, HxH and death note), and the people who buy the volumes would still prefer to buy the volumes with the good artwork.

is any of this getting through to you?

about the chapter: i was hoping to see killua blowing up tanks with his elec shock, but this isn't bad either, a bit slow chapter, but it builds up the strong ant army, and next chapter is killua's yo-yo (it's been ages since we saw it) against the ants, i'm guessing a spider web theme for the yo-yo.

Shaka Zulu
Fri, 03-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I wonder how strong the lion chimera is nen wise and this time i hope they show Killua beating the ant team they send at him.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 03-18-2005, 09:47 PM
The post written by Shaka Zulu was written by me i didnt know my bro was a member of this forum so i thought i was writting with my name.

Elite Hentai
Sat, 03-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by: relevasius
I don't think you're taking all the cost factors into consideration, for one you're assuming that the audience would grow when it probably wouldn't, rather the current fan base would split in some ratio of censored:non-censored, which would make them lose money. And why would anyone waste pages reprinting a series when you could make more money off of a new one. Plus what would be the drive for people to buy the tankubans if they did that. It's genius marketing damnit, genius.

They do make coloured versions of some manga, so why not uncencored versions? They don't even have to release it in a manga magazine, they could also release the uncencored versions in a tankobon. If they would release it in a tankobon I don't think they would make much extra expenses, because they would still have to press the same amount of volumes. And I think the number of readers would rise because a lot of people don't buy censored manga.

so, what do you think will happen if they started publishing it in a diffrent magazine? the people who read that magazine won't have any idea what's going on!
They could also start at the beginning... Or release the entire volume uncensored.

and believe it or not, people won't buy the magazine for the HxH manga only (the avarage manga reader gotwoot fan reads 5 shonen jump mangas: naruto, one piece, bleach, HxH and death note), and the people who buy the volumes would still prefer to buy the volumes with the good artwork.

I think a lot of people prefer a good story, badass characters, hot action and lots of humour to pretty pictures...

is any of this getting through to you?
Do always flame everyone that doesn't agree with you, like a punk in puberty? (safely and anonymous from behind your pc.)

kAi
Sat, 03-19-2005, 03:16 AM
ok, anyway

This chapter was like a buildup for Killua having a fight, we'll probably see a cell, or page of Gon running, trying to outrun what ever is behind him, then Killua will probably fight, and Gon shortly fighting after that. There's going to be action coming soon, all of it is pointing towards a big action sequence happening.

Elite Hentai
Sat, 03-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by: kAi
ok, anyway

This chapter was like a buildup for Killua having a fight, we'll probably see a cell, or page of Gon running, trying to outrun what ever is behind him, then Killua will probably fight, and Gon shortly fighting after that. There's going to be action coming soon, all of it is pointing towards a big action sequence happening.

Yeah, that sounds very logical. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter because I'm expecting a lot of action and I think Killua will go psycho like during the first hunter exams when he ripped that guy's heart out.

kAi
Wed, 03-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Well Chapter 236 is out at squiggle-manga.co.nr

Sweet as Killua action at it's best (well not for him), it's shame Togashi resorted to putting in those square boxes again. Killua wants to try it differently because he is up verse the weaker opponents and save his trump cards to his best. When i saw the first couple of pages, I was like DAMN!!

Hakeem_21
Wed, 03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
The black boxes ruins Killuas fight completly which is a shame.

relevasius
Thu, 03-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Damn I feel like I jinxed this shit, bringing up the black boxes after not seeing them for so long, and them bam. What a slap in the face.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
238 is out by nexgear, get it in your usual way...

one heck of a chapter, not amazing artwise, but sure is touching and lovely.. .
you got to respect that guy, probably the ant with the best perssonality...
even though i think he's completly wrong (Octopus is way better than squied) he makes a valied point, and even turns out to be a decent guy in the end...

Stoopider
Fri, 04-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey do you guys know where I can download Volume 21 Hunter X Hunter good quality by NexGear? Supposedly on dailymanga it's out. But I went to their webpage.. Can't find for it.

And currently (right now) can't seem to connect to their irc. If anybody knows a torrent

Hakeem_21
Fri, 04-22-2005, 07:59 AM
They have moved thier old stuff to thier irc channel so you have to go there to get it.

skmanga
Wed, 04-27-2005, 12:02 AM
do u guys think theyll ever get this stuff animated?

the manga is getting very good

Hakeem_21
Wed, 04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
They will for sure and if they didt want to they would let the fans know.

kyubisrage
Sat, 05-14-2005, 10:19 PM
does anime ova greed island i mean follow manga because i wanted to know if anymore hunter x hunter is out or will be after greed or if i can pick up from the manga where greed island left off.

PSJ
Sun, 05-15-2005, 06:14 AM
greed island follows the manga. i cant remember exaclty where to pick up the manga but i think it was around 180 or so, i could be wrong tho.

kAi
Sun, 05-15-2005, 10:26 PM
240 has been released by Nexgear

I liked this chapter, Killua lies on purpose as to not give away his technique (is this a first), he's not telling the enemy how he did it.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-22-2005, 06:20 PM
HxH 241 is out.
my favorite side charecter is there, if you remember, he was in my sig for about a week or so.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-23-2005, 01:40 AM
You mean the guy that we have seen for the first time in 241, how can you have him in your avatar or else you mean to octopus.

Looking forward to 242 and what happens beteween Gon and the new guy.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 05-23-2005, 03:48 AM
Don't call him Octopus!

anyway, Ikarugo is one of the best 'ants' to appear in the story, he's got it all, style, looks and a dream. how can you not like him?

other then that, i'm guessing that killiua's new move will be a counter punch reacting to nen/electrecity, just like how he grabbed the arrow, it'll give him the edge he needs to keep himself from running away when an unknown enemy appraoches (since he'll probably get the first hit, he won't feel so insecure).

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Is Pussy better i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Yeah Ikarugo is one of the best ants we have seen so far. I wonder what he wants to help Gon with. Maybe he is ambistious enough to want help Gon and Co to get rid of The King so he can rule.

Honoko
Tue, 05-31-2005, 09:03 PM
and then ch 242 came out and we're left wondering what the heck ikarugo is up to =P

kAi
Wed, 06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah, same question I had, doesn't matter though, Gon will kick his ass.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-02-2005, 03:45 AM
wow, Meleroon is also cool, he reminds me alot of bleach charecters...
and his seconed ability is basically me, so i automatically symphtize with him.

my guess is that 243 will be about something completly diffrent, like the other two teams or the king, and when we finally get to see the new ability it'll be really stupid and usless, I'm betting that he can draw people's name up in the sky.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-02-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm geussing that Meleroon isnt tricking Gon but showing as a skill that they will need to waste the King.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-02-2005, 05:00 PM
just a thought:
doesn't breath holding ability reminds you of Guldar (whatever his name is spelled, the green guy from the Ginyu force in DBZ)? he could freeze time for as long as he kept holding his breath, eventually his downfall was caused by him doing too fat becuase of 'chucky burgers diet'... i can see the same thing happenning to meleroon becuase of the smoking...

Hakeem_21
Fri, 06-03-2005, 07:28 PM
What has smoking to do with his abilitys?

I mean his second ability which makes the opponent to think that Meleroon dissapears isnt something that can be taken down with smell of his smoking if that is what you mean.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not talking about that, what i meant was that since his ability depends on the time he can hold his breath, then smking hurts his pyshical contidtion and sacks away stamina (and ability to hold your breath), so him smoking is like forcing a limit on the time he can stay 'unnoticable'.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 06-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Ah ok i forgot for a sec that he needed to hold his breath when he used that ability.

Maybe him bieng ant chimera makes him being able to hold his breath for a long time.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-11-2005, 05:08 PM
243 is out, go and get it if you want to know the secrets of the 3rd ability...

speaking of a diffrent subject, i'm kinda starting to hate the king, he seems pretty lame so far.

Honoko
Sun, 06-12-2005, 08:26 PM
any character would be lame if they threw a hissy fit after winning a board game and ended up killing their opponent =P

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-16-2005, 06:04 AM
243 is out, go and get it if you want to know the secrets of the 3rd ability...

speaking of a diffrent subject, i'm kinda starting to hate the king, he seems pretty lame so far.

The king and his royal guards are so lame that they bring this great manga down.....

I hope they finish him soon and this arc who is by far the worst arc in HXH.

kAi
Sat, 06-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Now, the King is a genius at everything once he knows the rules.
Well I do think this arc is coming closer and closer to the finish, Gon and co, will be meeting up soon, they're going to take out the captains and stuff, then it will be the king, and getting Gon's friend back, what's his name.?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-19-2005, 02:43 PM
244 is out, go read it for 2 pages of meleroon action (not really action, but he's there, which is enough).
other than that, the king is still playing board games like a geek who's afraid that bullies will hit him when he gets outside.

last few pages imply that there's gonna be a good fight coming on, we're about to see the true extent of the guy with the pipe, he has yet to proove himself cool enough for me to learn his name.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 06-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Heh i dont remember his name iether no matter how many times i hear it.

Yeah the king and his board games are waste of paper since we understand now that he is a genius and all.....

Honoko
Tue, 06-21-2005, 11:06 PM
to tell u the truth, the poor drawings is really what's making me lose track of what's going on in this arc. every time i read an hxh chapter and finish it, i blink and wonder what the hell just happened.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 06-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Nah you cant complain about the current art cause it has been good in the last vol.

Honoko
Wed, 06-22-2005, 02:18 PM
can't complain now but b/c of the bad art from before there's this whole chunk of the arc here that i'm really fuzzy about haha

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-26-2005, 05:30 PM
245 is out
morua shows us that he's all talk (in a good way), and the king, as excpected, is all crap.
really, why does he even care about board games? can't he do the normal thing that all evil dudes do and kill some babies or something?

Munsu
Mon, 06-27-2005, 02:51 AM
finally caught up (last chapter i had read was 234)....

Great stuff as always... luckily there was only one chapter with those black boxes... at side from that everything seemed great to me

I hope this arc ends soon so that hopefully an OVA can hurry up and be done

Munsu
Sat, 07-09-2005, 01:43 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~bigcrazy2/manga.html

Chapter 246

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-09-2005, 03:46 AM
about time it's out, i've been stepping on needels for the past two weeks...
Mourau and what's his name are still not there yet, but they're getting cooler by the moement, though i haven't understood the basis of the teleport ability.

the king is still stupid, i can just see it, he'll die of starveation while trying to win over the woman in chess *gun-gi*...

Munsu
Sat, 07-09-2005, 04:17 AM
Lol... many of this abilities and stuff that is currently going on I have a hard time following... I really want to see it animated... Damnit hurry up and finish up this arc...

You know, they can easily do a two part OVA... First part up to the part that they reach the Queen... Second part for the rest (just like Greed Island)

Hakeem_21
Sat, 07-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Is it only me or does the wemon who plays with the king look like Bisque?

Man i look so much to the ova since the art in this arc has been mostly subpar.

Munsu
Sat, 07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
LOL, it would be funny if she was, but I doubt it...

kAi
Sat, 07-09-2005, 11:44 PM
man, the King is still playing, will he win, oh no.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:02 AM
i can just see it, the king will win at one point, but then he'll take his head out his ass and find that the elite guards were killed and that the ryodan are there, waiting to make bug maet out of him, after netro finished with him.

King: yes! 1m teh graetesst!1! 1 baet tat Bitc#! nobod7 can fu## w/ meh!.
pot clean(whatever it's called): the intrest is piling up.
gun gi woman: well, GG man, i'm going to bed.
King: OMG! wen did u mofos com heer? 1m gunna kick ure' a$$$ so #ard in chess!111
Ryodan: yes, let's play 'Chess'.
Netro: Indeed, Chess sounds like a pleasent experince.
Gon: yeah! chess!
Meleroon: with the potclean soon turnning into toritaten, even i can beat you... in chess.
Novu: wait, let us play chess in a more comftorable room.
Muarou: but before the chess playing, let's all sleep for a few hours, it seemes that it's still potclean...

King: yeah! 1'm gonna rape ya a11 in chase!111 1'm fu##ing invnisible! 1'm teh rael uberlurd111
Hisoka (i'm inventing him into the scene): and what would you say for a nice game of cards?
King: novod7 kan mese w/ meh! 1 rulle over a11 gaiming!~~ hoe do u pla7 this kard gaim????
netro: Oh, you'll see soon enough... after we play chess, of course.
King: 1m hungry! gett meh somting to aet!
three elites guards: *dead*.
king: no fiar!11 u lamers attked ma alleys wahle 1 waz pla7ing chess!
Gon: ok, then lets do a game of rock paper scissors.
King: OMG!111 1'm gonna do mgic stikc and win!11 no bod7 can fu## with meh!
Jan - Ken - Paa!

admit it, you'll all pay good money to watch in end like this, if I had any talent in drawing I could make millions out of selling this as a doujinshi.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 07-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Man it would be beyond awesome if the Ryodan who are bad asses came and destroyed this lame king and his crew. This mangas only bad guys should be the Ryodan not some lame ants...

Munsu
Sat, 07-16-2005, 12:16 AM
247 is out...
bot list = http://66.90.73.193/~telethor/hisoka.txt

Hakeem_21
Sun, 07-17-2005, 01:46 AM
The only good thing 247 was how Morou lured the speedy ant into his trap. Other than the board game as usuall..........

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-18-2005, 04:48 AM
what type of Nen do you think Morau uses?
I'm guessing that he's either manipulazing or matrialazation.
his deep purple ability reminds me of the person in the mafia mansion that created nen puppets to test Kurapica, and it seems that he manipulates the smoke to cover for it...
but it's also possible that the pipe is a matrialiezed item, like kurapica's chain of daeth causing pledges.

other than Kurapica, who had matirilazation or Manipulation nen? we need someone to compare abilities to...

Hakeem_21
Tue, 07-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Didnt Killua have manipulation?

I'm not sure but i think Morau nen is matrialization since the speedy ant coulnt break his rope much like how you cant break Kurapica's chain.

Munsu
Tue, 07-19-2005, 05:18 AM
They can't break Kurapica's chain because with his Specialization class he can use 100% of the Reinforcement class, thus making the chain unbreakable..

Especially when his restrictions and determination made it stronger against the Ryodan, thus his materialized chain is too strong for them...

Mut
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
my friend used to watch this show until they said it got repetative

Munsu
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
There's nothing about Hunter X Hunter being repetitive

Mut
Tue, 07-19-2005, 10:41 PM
welll i havent watched it thats just what my friend thought

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-20-2005, 02:43 AM
Still Morau ability looks like matrialization.

I'm sure they will tell us which nen type he uses soon.

Munsu
Wed, 07-20-2005, 03:12 AM
I think he uses manipulation or transformation...

Manipulation because he is controlling an object (I don't know if he created the smoke with his powers, or if he simply made smoke with the pipe and just started manipulating it)

or

Transformation because he is changing the the properties of the smoke, for example, he is making the smoke behave like a rope...

What we also need to keep in mind is that these people can use all types of Nen if not mistaken, what's different is how specialized each person is and the potential they can aquire in a specific type of Nen depending on what type they are classified as...

He can might as well be mixing up different techniques of the types of Nen...

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:21 AM
Yeah but i wasnt talking about which nen type he has highest % on. I'm talking which nen he uses right now in his battle.

The other guy has the best ability i have seen,i'm talking about the teleporting. He can do so much with it.

Munsu
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:26 AM
Still i don't think he created a rope, i think he simply made his smoke behave like a rope...

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-20-2005, 04:32 AM
By behave you mean he made the smoke look like a rope? That could be possible.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 07-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Novu's abilty seems to be based mainly on Manipulation, at least that is probable type, unless he also is a specialization type (which would be stupid, since it seems we have too many of them by now). but his ability is really nice, i liked the juice he kept around.

what bothers me about Morau's smoke rope is that it's tied to the pipe like a normal rope, and not coming out of it, like expected of smoke...

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Thats what made me think of Matrizialtion.

Hope we see what the other guy does with the scout bug in the next chap.

kAi
Fri, 07-22-2005, 11:46 PM
248 is out by #nexgear @ irc.irchighway.net

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-23-2005, 03:52 AM
bahh, i wanted to see novu fight...
well, never mind, he left dragon fly man alive, so we might see him interrogating it using his buisness man charms.

other than that, Leol's gonna get pretty fucked one day, since the king doesn't have any special abilities to be rented out, but he's still cool. King of beasts all the way.

Zitho's arrow was funney, he had that weird experssion on his face, too bad he couldn't win against naruto kage bunshin! uhmm, I mean Morua's smoke clone.
the king still sucks. I hope she starts falling asleep during the matches and tells him off since he's no longer a challenge

Hakeem_21
Sun, 07-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I thought how Morua won with his brain was good. He planned so far ahead,which is a nice twist since most fights in this arc has been all about power,speed etc.

kAi
Sun, 07-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah, well thought out fight, it's good to see these.

There should be more of them.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
volume 22 is out in eh.. volume version,

makes things a bit more clear, though those chapters were long after the 'peak' of bad art, so the diffrence isn't much noticable.
one question though, when Feitang fights the wannabe queen, he starts speaking in a diffrent style once he pull out his big bang boom, what is the diffrence?
the only options i can think of are that he either speaks in chinese or that he uses a more tradional set of kanji charecters, can someone confirm any of it?

anyway, go get it from thier channel, or whatever.

elmojo
Tue, 08-02-2005, 03:28 PM
so is kaito really dead?
i was pretty shocked to see so many main characters die like that, hxh is ruthless indeed

how did the bee girl die/.? i forgot

did anyone find it wierd that the ryodan were there and their leader wasnt? i think hisoka killed him..

and WHY DOES THE KING LOOK LIKE CELL! sigh

i think marou is transformation/manipulation actually

kAi
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Chapter 249 released by #nexgear @ irc.irchighway.net

It would be funny if the King died from bloodloss.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 08-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Every scene with the king playing that game feels like the mangaka wanna waste time while he thinks up the things that will happen next....

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:10 PM
250 out

http://www.voiea.net/manga/HxH

Munsu
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:24 PM
51 is also out... go get it damn freaks

kAi
Thu, 08-25-2005, 10:42 PM
damn, art was crappy, more than the usual.

Chaos
Mon, 09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Ok, I checked out the other Hunter X Hunter topics but they didn't really pertain to my question and since there's already an active thread, I'd like to post my question here.

I've watched episodes 1-62(end?) of Hunter X Hunter and I was wondering where does the manga continue where the show left off(which chapter after the OVA's)? I browsed through this thread but couldn't find anything but if this information was already posted, sorry for the repitition.

kAi
Tue, 09-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Well, I haven't seen all of the anime, but I'm sure it's around the chapter 182 area, as that's basically the end of the G.I arc.

Munsu
Fri, 09-09-2005, 12:47 AM
252 is out, go get it at the usual places

http://www.voiea.net/manga/HxH...XHunter-252-v1(nG).zip (http://www.voiea.net/manga/HxH/HunterXHunter-252-v1(nG).zip)

Chaos
Tue, 09-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Well, I haven't seen all of the anime, but I'm sure it's around the chapter 182 area, as that's basically the end of the G.I arc.

Cool, thanks for the help!

Munsu
Sat, 09-17-2005, 01:32 PM

http://voiea.net/manga/HxH/HunterXHunter-253-v1(nG).zip

Kurapica
Sat, 09-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Luckily, the art has improved somewhat. And in the volume releases it's A+

kenren
Sat, 09-24-2005, 10:04 AM
im new to this manga.
the manga still continue even after the anime?

Munsu
Sat, 09-24-2005, 10:13 AM
yep, start at around volume 18 chapter 185

dark maginn
Sat, 09-24-2005, 12:18 PM
my brother bought a few volume of this manga and he says it really good so im gonna start to read it to

hellangel000
Tue, 09-27-2005, 11:35 AM
i have heard of hunter X hunter but i never got 2 read it cuz i live in small town well island anyway im thinkin of downloadin it since the book store here sux they dont have anythin good so do u guys kno any web that will let me download the manga or the anime from the begin? thx

Munsu
Tue, 09-27-2005, 12:20 PM
http://www.mangatraders.com

Chaos
Tue, 09-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Stop Tazmo (http://www.stoptazmo.com)

Foomanchew24
Thu, 09-29-2005, 11:35 PM
ive been reading hXh recently and im on chapter 236 and it seems to have all the graphick content blacked out, i got my chapters from nexgear. Are they supposed to be edited like that or did i get an edited version somehow. I have read since vol 18 and i dont recall any of the previous chapters being edited like this.

Munsu
Fri, 09-30-2005, 05:26 AM
Some early chapters were like that, but once the volumes were released they were removed.... But in recent chapters I only remember one chapter being like that, so don't worry about it...

kAi
Sat, 10-08-2005, 02:05 AM
254 released, some old places.

Munsu
Sat, 10-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Man, Morau is such a kickass character... seriously

elmojo
Sat, 10-08-2005, 09:37 PM
that was awsome, waited so long for that chapter .. was worth it

kAi
Sun, 10-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah, his smoke techniques are really cool, and go with him well.
Only wish that the art was as good as the story line.
At first I didn't like this arc at all, but it's getting better as it goes by, but it would still be the worst arc so far, that's because I liked the other arcs alot.

elmojo
Tue, 10-11-2005, 04:41 PM
i kinda like this arc more than greed island, greed island was more perky and uh.. cheesy... hisoka was rendered into such a side character i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

this arc is very dark and disturbing, at first i thought the whole alien ant think was stupid but the way they made them more human after is making it worthwhile, and we finally get to see some real powerful ppl fight

kAi
Tue, 10-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, I really liked the arcs before Green Island, especially the Hunter Exam, where Hisoka shined, as he would be my favourite character.

Also, I liked Green Island, this arc I think is just meh, it's ok but not great. The king is stupid, only some characters make it good.
I just can't wait till this arc is over, I think HxH will pick up again.

elmojo
Thu, 10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
i wanna see if the chief could actually beat the king i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif maybe he will die a cool way and hisoka or killua's dad or grandad or gons dad will show up (isnt he supposed to be interested in other creatures?)

kAi
Sun, 10-16-2005, 03:23 AM
255 is out, mangatraders has it.

Munsu
Sun, 10-16-2005, 01:06 PM
nothing much happened here, but we get to see Killua again, which is good since it means we are ready for the story to progress and get some Gon + Killua kickass action in the near future

Stoopider
Mon, 10-17-2005, 07:07 AM
This alien ant thing is so 'cell'-ish. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

elmojo
Mon, 10-17-2005, 11:50 AM
good to see killua back in action, i honestly forgot that octopus saved him etc. i was thinking they would have put more of the other chars or the chief training i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Munsu
Sun, 11-13-2005, 01:21 PM
256 is out...

Don't have a link with me atm...

elmojo
Mon, 11-14-2005, 12:36 AM
http://www.voiea.net/manga/HxH/

godamn it finally a new chapter, dloading now

elmojo
Mon, 11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
anyone think marou could win against that right hand girl?

shes too strong , shes like hisoka lol

Munsu
Wed, 11-16-2005, 05:50 PM
I think he could, but I doubt I would...

Anyways, the bad news keep coming...

Hunter X Hunter on Hiatus (2005-11-16 17:13:28)
Following the recent announcement that D.Gray-man would be temporarilly halted due to the manga-ka being ill, Shonen Jump has announced that Yoshihiro Togashi is also ill, therefore Hunter X Hunter will be on hiatus until next year's issue #8, to be released on January 23. Source: Manga News [ discuss ]

Hakeem_21
Wed, 11-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh NOOOOOO!!!

I just read chap 253-256 and this happensi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-21-2006, 04:18 PM
finally, 257 is out!
I reapet, 257 is out!
out! out! out!
257! 257 !257!

as for the plot itself, all the wine to the king, i guess he really feels stupid now...

Munsu
Sat, 01-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I think that's only what we are being led to believe, but seeing his psycho face in the last page, I think he's going to get even more psychotic.

kAi
Tue, 01-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, he sucks at that game, that's for sure.

Kurapica
Thu, 01-26-2006, 05:37 PM
The raw for 258 is also out. Meruems madness continues.

Hakeem_21
Fri, 01-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Decent chap but come on lets stop this,they have said 100 chaps in a row that next chapter Gon and co will attack the king. Im sure we will see it next year.....

Munsu
Sat, 01-28-2006, 03:31 AM

http://voiea.net/manga/HxH/HunterXHunter-258-v1(nG).zip

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-28-2006, 04:25 AM
god, this chapter could lead to some disturbing hentai matrial.

also, the king is still mighty idiot, can't the damn cell copy get his mind over something?

and yet, Merphy strikes again, no one can beat the Merphy, not Gon, not Killua and not the king, no one can.

rockmanj
Sat, 01-28-2006, 10:02 AM
is it me, or is the butterfly-guy a super fruit??

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-28-2006, 01:35 PM
is it new for you? the guy plays a fuckin' violin (not to say that boys who play the violin are fruity, but damn he is), not to mention all the other fruity things he's done earlier...

rockmanj
Sat, 01-28-2006, 08:59 PM
its not new...ive been reading the series from issue one...but it seems that his primary nen ability is to become increasingly fruitier as the days go by ( i wouldn't be suprise dif he offered to blow the king's tail)...and this stagnation is killing me. i hope they kill that cell clone soon. But I do wonder what he's about to do to the blind girl (porno music playing). We might see some black boxes next issue...i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

kAi
Sun, 01-29-2006, 09:00 AM
The King is so pussy.

and finally the selection is going to take place, been waiting a while for that.

elmojo
Thu, 02-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by: rockmanj
its not new...ive been reading the series from issue one...but it seems that his primary nen ability is to become increasingly fruitier as the days go by ( i wouldn't be suprise dif he offered to blow the king's tail)...and this stagnation is killing me. i hope they kill that cell clone soon. But I do wonder what he's about to do to the blind girl (porno music playing). We might see some black boxes next issue...

he already killed her, she never had time to take her break

on his way to the other people , thats what makes this chapter so important, that he could not beat someone and ended up running away from it instead of conquering it showing that he is unsure of himself

which means the chief has a chance

rockmanj
Thu, 02-02-2006, 01:32 AM
he killed her?? when?? the last i saw he was confused about his feelings

Munsu
Thu, 02-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Can't wait for the translation...

"Yes, we have the 259 raw! Will be finished late Fri or early Sat! ^^"

elmojo
Thu, 02-02-2006, 07:45 PM
they didnt show the killing itself, he had to meet the other people in the other room he killer her on his way (its implied)

Munsu
Sat, 02-04-2006, 11:04 AM
What killing are you talking about? Cause the blind girl is still alive... At least I don't see how it is implied.. I mean he went there to kill her, but when he was going to he stopped himself and couldn't do it... So I don't see how you can see it being implied...

259 out btw
http://voiea.net/manga/HxH/HunterXHunter-259-v1(nG).zip

elmojo
Sat, 02-04-2006, 10:44 PM
my bad then, im just assuming he met with them and said all that stuff after killing her

rockmanj
Sun, 02-05-2006, 12:28 AM
is pitou a male or female?? im a bit consfused

Kurapica
Sat, 02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Hxh will be on hiatus again till april, unfortunatly. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

kAi
Sun, 02-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Upto chapter 60 has now been added to MangaTraders.com (http://www.mangatraders.com/)

Munsu
Mon, 02-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by: Kurapica
Hxh will be on hiatus again till april, unfortunatly.

You are a bit off on that...

It will continue until March 5 or so, then take a break till April... So we'll only miss 1 month or so...

rockmanj
Mon, 02-13-2006, 09:37 AM
i cant wait to see killua's new technique. Im guessing he's gonna be using electircity to speed up his reactions and such; and btw, the art is back up to snuff...but i wonder what the hiatus is for. Oh well, its only a month.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 02-18-2006, 04:10 PM
260 is out, only ten mintues until planet Namek goes boom.

but i really liked the chapter, the focusing on each charecter was done very nicely.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I found a file named HxH 261, it turned out to be a joke chapter.
it hurts so much.. where are thee, oh, my blessed and desired hXh?

the joke chapter was funny though.

seriously, i saw a torrent with chapters 1 - 261, is there a 261 chapter, or is someone wanking my tail again?

dragon608608
Fri, 05-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Hunter x Hunter was no longer public. the nexget got a letter from the producer in France that force them to take out the project or else. Therefore, nexget no longer continue this project. In addition, there are no other group that scan this Hunter Hunter. This project come to a quick end.

Lefty
Fri, 05-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Hunter x Hunter was no longer public. the nexget got a letter from the producer in France that force them to take out the project or else. Therefore, nexget no longer continue this project. In addition, there are no other group that scan this Hunter Hunter. This project come to a quick end.

Can some one double check this to see if it's really true? Because there has to be a scanlator that still does this series. I don't want to wait the two years it will take for the americain relase to catch up.

kAi
Sat, 05-13-2006, 12:29 AM
That's wrong. The reason there is no release is because Togashi must still be sick.
261 hasn't been released.

Kurapica
Sat, 05-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Yes, the reason nexgear is not scanlating hxh at the moment, is because Togashi left nothing to scanlate. When Togashi will release the next chapter is anyone's guess.

Lefty
Sat, 05-13-2006, 09:51 PM
How many mangaka are going to be out sick and/or injured this year?

dragon608608
Sun, 05-14-2006, 03:31 AM
I don't think so. Why don't you go to here and read for yourself: http://mypage.bluewin.ch/squigglemanga/

If you are lazy why don't i just copy it to here:

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I've updated the site. Been very busy in real life, and as such, didn't have much time to update the website. Sorry for not being around much :)

There is some sad news though. I have received a letter from a manga publisher in France telling me that hosting Hunter X Hunter on a website is illegal and that I could be sued for doing so without permission from the original author and publisher (i.e. Mr. Togashi and Shueisha). As such, I have decided to take down all the Hunter X Hunter chapters for download. You will not be able to download them from here anymore and I will not add the newest scanlated chapters when they come out. I hope you people understand my reasoning.

kAi
Sun, 05-14-2006, 04:46 AM
dragon608608 you have no idea what you are talking about.
They just host manga, it's saying that WHEN scanlated chapters come out, that the site will not be hosting them.

Nexgear is the group that scanlates Hunter X Hunter. You are talking about a site who hosts the manga, they don't scanlate!

Try reading this also http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8371

Also, Nexgear the english scanlators who do HXH have never stated that they aren't doing it anymore, it's just that no new chapters have come out.

dragon608608
Sun, 05-14-2006, 07:11 AM
I hope you right by all mean because I like the series too, but by all mean you news was like in Feb. What i found was around half end of April. It is true that is just the host, but use your imagination, if they do that to the host, would they likely to do it with nexget too? I mean, is that letter useless if it just send for that parcific website without go directly to the source if the Frence publicer mean it. I mean if they don't the webmaster of that site just need to change the web address and pretent it to be a new host. Is that letter become meaningless? Plus, if your new was up to date and true, we already away pass April, so where is the new chapter? author sick? of course he is, but business is business, no exception. for example, if your boss give you an assignment with a due day, he doesn't care you sick (unless you die) that assignment must turn in that due day. I understand that he sick, but he got more than 1-2 month for the new chapter already, that 4 to 8 time longer than the normal schedule. I doubt that he doesn't have enough time. Therefore, the only logical explaination is The HunterXHunter project come to a quick stop. Althought, i am hope i am wrong. I really like this project.

kAi
Sun, 05-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Well, I think NexGear would say something if they got a letter from some manga publisher, and it is a possibility that they wont continue, but they would say something.

Also with the April news, it's not gospel it was just an estimated time, and now that it's gone past there should/might be another update on the situation. Until there is an update, I would be sticking with Togashi being sick, even though there wasn't a mention this time of why there was a delay, I would say he is still sick, as that was the reason before.

I don't think the Shueisha/Shonen Jump people would want to force Togashi in anyway, as he is the mangaka of one of the bigger series that they actually publish. I think they would want the story to remain strong, and give him some leway, it isn't unheard of. Togashi doesn't even have to continue if he didn't want to. I would want to wait until Togashi is better, the art for this arc has been completely terrible, since he's became sick, his drawing style has gone down ten fold.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-03-2006, 04:16 PM
HQ volume 23 is out, the art is clean and exceptionally good, and this particular volume has both Meleroon and Ikaruga, so it's a blast.

get it at the Nexgear channel at irchighway.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 07-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Man i miss this manga extremely, isnt there no news when its gonna be back?

Munsu
Thu, 01-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Bumping this shit to see if any of you guys have read any news on other sites or forums regarding the continuation of this manga.