PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Decided to read the last few chapters since I know the series won't be back for many years, and just wanted to know what the next arc was going to be about. Don't plan on continuing to read going forward.

That said, interesting stuff in the last few issues. I thought the "larger world" was going to be other planets. Was not expecting that the whole HxH world was just some kind of island chain the the middle of a lake.

Also, someone said that these "5 great disasters" were chimera ants. Seems like they're probably all more powerful than Meruem was.

That kinda makes that whole arc silly in hindsight. Meruem was never going to be able to take over the world like that anyway. The world is apparently insanely huge and full of monsters that are probably stronger than him.

Kinda makes me wonder if that first Ant Queen, who thinks she was part-human herself, was created from some human that made it to the Dark Continent before.

Leorio and Kurapica becoming Zodiacs is just insane. Leorio kinda makes sense, since filling a seat with the guy that almost won the election makes some sense.

Filling the last seat with someone that NONE of them know on the recommendation of the guy that just joined doesn't make any sense at all. It just feels like a weird contrivance to get the main characters into positions of authority all of a sudden.

1.) Kurapika gives off such a powerful presence. But arenīt his powers restricted to being used on Spider-members only?Kurapika has 5 different chains, and each of them has different limitations.

I believe only the binding chain and the chain that wraps around the heart are limited to Spiders.

poopdeville
Thu, 10-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Leorio and Kurapica becoming Zodiacs is just insane. Leorio kinda makes sense, since filling a seat with the guy that almost won the election makes some sense.

That's funny. I thought Leorio as a Zodiac almost makes no sense when I read that. He's just so weak. Kurapica has great analytical abilities and good nen. If the Zodiacs were looking for somebody, I don't see why they'd pass him up. (What you say makes sense on an organization level, though. Leorio had the politics behind him, but he's basically a nobody to the Zodiacs)

Munsu
Wed, 04-20-2016, 12:24 AM
And the manga has returned... chapter 350:
http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/350/3354/1

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-23-2016, 01:45 AM

how did we reach this spot?
it's the most exciting match in the history of this manga!

MFauli
Mon, 04-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Wtf, 2 new chapters, Togashi outta nowhere! Do we know when the next chapter releases, and how many more weīll get :>

Yeah, no, I donīt believe this fight will have a satisfying outcome, aka one of them will die. Not happening. Since I find Hisoka infinitely more interesting, I want him to win, but ... I dunno. I donīt see Chrollo losing. Weird. If Hisoka truly wins this, heīll be the strongest known fighter in the HXHverse alive.

Also, chapter 350 was text-overload. The previous chapter was too long ago, so I have no idea whatīs up with all those princes, why Kurapika wants to kill one of them, why those princes are all coming to the dark continent, and so on. goddam, how Iīd wish to see this in anime form. Togashi, why canīt you just quit the manga and send plot notes to the anime production team? :/

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-20-2016, 02:47 AM
another new chapter.
in which, using a guy's head as a bowling ball yo-yo flail is the least complicated thing to follow.

welcome back, Togashi. you have been missed.

MFauli
Fri, 05-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Meh, didnīt like this chapter much. Itīs never explained why Chrollo can even dodge all the shit that Hisoka is throwing at him. Is Chrollo such an athletic genius?

And it sucks that theyīre now killing the audience as they like. It would have been more interesting to see the fight stay confined within the ring and Battle Towerīs basic rules.

Oh well, as long as one of the two is dead in 1-2 chapters, I wonīt complain.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-11-2017, 03:09 AM
Just read up to 357

---

That was a great battle. But damn, Hisoka is a sore loser apparently. Kind of a dick move really. Although, the Phantom Troupe are also huge dicks, so watching them get murdered is also kind of satisfying.

Now we're back to this boat shit I don't care about that is giving me Berserk flashbacks...

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-29-2017, 02:59 PM
didn't think we would be seeing him again so soon.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 08-17-2017, 11:11 AM
here's another dude we haven't seen since forever ago.

enkoujin
Sat, 03-17-2018, 08:34 PM

We've been on this boat for a long, long time.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 03-20-2018, 11:36 AM
i feel like he keeps adding characters and factions to an already wide spanning mess.

does anyone remember there's a 'fake nitro son guy that started this boatride? and talk about whatever the dark continent is and that it's suffocating the world?

poopdeville
Thu, 01-21-2021, 07:56 PM
Damn did Togashi catch the covid?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-24-2021, 02:41 PM
wait, what?
source? google doesn't have something other than the usual stuff.

neflight86
Mon, 01-25-2021, 09:14 AM
...this is a thread I didn't expect to see activity on...

Sorry if you've recently started reading, poop. This author has had output issues for a good few years now. We typically get about 10 chapters in a good year (2019 and 20 were not good years in that regard).

poopdeville
Wed, 01-27-2021, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I've read it all. I was just looping back in after being away a few years. :-)

MFauli
Thu, 02-04-2021, 07:56 AM
... and here I thought a new chapter released.

Fool is me lol

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-21-2022, 01:26 AM
391 is out, read it where you read manga.

I have no recollection who any of these people are, but I liked the fight scene.
especially how the long-haired guy made sure to only show them one attack and didn't reveal that he can do other things, so if the enemy isn't experienced (as they don't appear to be regular nen-users), then they won't be able to expose what non-battle stuff he can do.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-24-2022, 06:01 AM
not exactly a cancellation, but HxH won't be released on shonen jump anymore

MFauli
Sat, 12-24-2022, 09:38 AM

sigh

The solution seems so easy:

- Togashi focuses on writing
- his staff does the drawing
- success

Don't understand what the problem is.

Munsu
Tue, 12-27-2022, 12:29 PM

Makes sense, if they'll find some other way to publish them... cause it doesn't make sense for him to basically be doing a few weekly chapters and then going on a long hiatus.

Hope this new model helps him get a better rhythm.