PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
big brother ant and new baby king show up in chapter 215.
the deserter, Jairo, shows up at chapter 203&204.
at the very least, onichan ant should play a part in giving the king some well deserved...motherly love?

the spiders are already around, they killed some filler ants, and then discussed whether they should go and kill plot relavent ants, and then it turned into 2006.

Narasho
Thu, 03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
big brother ant and new baby king show up in chapter 215.
the deserter, Jairo, shows up at chapter 203&204.
at the very least, onichan ant should play a part in giving the king some well deserved...motherly love?

Ah, now I remember them. It's been a long time with all the hiatuses.

Here's chapter 300 (http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/300/01/).

Gon's a beast. And the pacing just went up a few notches. Exciting times ahead!

Munsu
Fri, 03-12-2010, 10:08 AM
You fooled me with your comment. Here I was expecting Gon to have been kicking some major ass in the chapter, but nothing in that regard happened. Looking foward to the next chapter.

I'm curious if he's serious about killing the innocent chick, or if he's simply bluffing a strong position to negotiate.

With the rage he's currently feeling, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually went ahead and killed her if he doesn't get what he wants.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
He's a togashi character, Yusuke also made some comments about taking hostages and human eating.
nobody ever called him on the bluff, though.But there's good reason to assume Gon also means what he's saying.

Assassin
Fri, 03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I know its shounen, but i'll be pissed if after all these years we end up back to square one with the king being reborn and no one being able to defeat him. I hope he eats Yupi and Poufo and then someone comes along and kills him while he's still weak. I see no other way for this to end.

I really just want this arc over so we can get back to searching for Ging, and you know...hunting.

Narasho
Fri, 03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I know its shounen, but i'll be pissed if after all these years we end up back to square one with the king being reborn and no one being able to defeat him. I hope he eats Yupi and Poufo and then someone comes along and kills him while he's still weak. I see no other way for this to end.

I really just want this arc over so we can get back to searching for Ging, and you know...hunting.

Agreed. This arc has had its high and low points, but it has drawn on too long with the hiatuses. Hopefully Gon will take out Nefelpitou, (Are they a guy or a girl? at various points Pitou is referred to as a he and as a her.) but I don't see how the King will be defeated. Maybe Netero signed a contract with the Zaoldoyek family to assassinate the King upon Netero's death?

Munsu
Sat, 03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
He's a togashi character, Yusuke also made some comments about taking hostages and human eating.
nobody ever called him on the bluff, though.But there's good reason to assume Gon also means what he's saying.

Yeah, but Yusuke always had the "bad boy" deliquent thing going for him. Gon since the start has always been the epitome of a "good boy", so it's more striking when it comes from him.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-13-2010, 10:32 AM
I call "hardly" on that argument.
think back to the time when he and Meleroon met (around chapter 240), Meleroon stated that Gon is the most animal human he met.
or when Gon met with the art dealer, who said that Gon has no interest in right or wrong (or something like that).
he's naive, and good hearted, but doesn't shy away of buttkicking.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 03-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Yes please.

I do think that Netero's death will also give them some support when they go hunt for Jing. I assume that the hunter association will be in desperate needs for more S rank hunters to stick around rather than go wander aimlessly through the world.

Assassin
Sat, 03-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Thats if Togashi still remembers anything about the hunter universe...having rewatched the anime recently, theres a stark difference to his story telling method now. Before he focused alot on Nen and the various abilities of nen. The whole series prior to this arc was Gon and Killua learning nen. But now its turned into every other shounen series with new characters and funky powers, and no thoughts given to the basics that were developed all this time. I mean, we haven't even seen Gon of Killua work on thier techniques at all this arc....its all just strategy and who can instantaneously transport themselves behind thier opponent first, like every other series thats ever been made.

Narasho
Sat, 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Thats if Togashi still remembers anything about the hunter universe...having rewatched the anime recently, theres a stark difference to his story telling method now. Before he focused alot on Nen and the various abilities of nen. The whole series prior to this arc was Gon and Killua learning nen. But now its turned into every other shounen series with new characters and funky powers, and no thoughts given to the basics that were developed all this time. I mean, we haven't even seen Gon of Killua work on thier techniques at all this arc....its all just strategy and who can instantaneously transport themselves behind thier opponent first, like every other series thats ever been made.

That's true, but I kind of think of those previous arcs as developing the ideas of Nen. Since we now understand what Nen is and how it acts, it's not as important to the story for those details to be included at all times. I for one greatly enjoy the strategy aspect of Hunter x Hunter. While transporting behind opponents is overused and dull, I think Hunter x Hunter has a lot of good aspects to its fights that other series have neglected. Explaining the tactics and strategy of the fighters as they engage in the fight.

This arc is dragging on, and we haven't had other characters in the arc at all such as Hisoka, Kurapika, Leorio. The spiders made a brief appearance, but it would be great to move on from this arc and get back to the characters that were developed over the course of the first 150 chapters.

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2010, 11:56 PM
301:
http://mangastream.com/download/hunter_x_hunter/301-77

rockmanj
Fri, 03-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Wow, pretty good chapter. It was balanced, and the art was pretty consistent. I wonder if the king will become 'good'? Since there is no way anyone can defeat him apparently.

Munsu
Fri, 03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
302 Binktopia-Mangastream:
http://mangastream.com/download/hunter_x_hunter/302-81

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-26-2010, 04:55 PM
quite an arm cannon.

boom.

Death13a
Fri, 03-26-2010, 11:42 PM
atleast he didn't went Kamehameha, shouting attack.

Munsu
Sat, 03-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Reminded me of Trigun.

Narasho
Fri, 04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Chapter 303 (http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/303/01/).

Good pacing in general. I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM
the fatal bug mistake.. trying to poison Killua.
Killua pretending to be weak = overconfident bug.
super electric senses = hyper speed counter attack.
overconfident bug + hyper speed counter attack = kickass action.

Munsu
Fri, 04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Really liked the chapter... still waiting for Gon to kick some ass, but Killua was awesome here. Both him and Gon have been severely underused in this arc.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-08-2010, 05:18 AM

damn! talking about getting your hopes up...
I hate Pifu, such a dick.
Palm does have a good idea.

edit: When I wrote 'damn![..]', I didn't mean the quality of the chapter, but rather I was expressing my thoughts about what has happened to the characters in the story. a more detailed expression would have been: "the characters in question had great hopes, but this chapter has revealed that it was all in naught"

it was a surprise for me as well, despite seeing the de-attached head several years ago.

Munsu
Thu, 04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
I thought it was a great chapter. Loved the final portions of the chapters and certainly, Pifu is completely a dick. Looking forward to the next as always.

Narasho
Fri, 04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Great chapter. I want to see what Gon does now.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 04-14-2010, 10:05 PM
amazing GIF
(http://i44.tinypic.com/5l2yw1.jpg)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-15-2010, 05:17 AM
that is awesome.
although, it looks like how the anime would have been it was based on his doodle chapters.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 04-15-2010, 05:36 AM
I'd imagine that an entire anime studio wouldn't suffering from "2 years leaves" disease.

I still have fate that we might seen another HxH series and it shouldn't be too hard for a studio to have good drawings since they'll be doing everything over from scratch anyways. Of course that is under the assumption that this freaking arc ends before we all die of old age.

Marik
Fri, 04-16-2010, 04:10 AM
thefolenangel / SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wznjhogz1wl) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ef2dse) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L5BN9G6H) | Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/305/01/)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 04-16-2010, 04:25 AM
seems like the end.
bad move, pitou.

TwisT
Fri, 04-16-2010, 05:29 AM
lol i just read it on onemanga and damn it was a slow loading. Then i noticed it tried to connect/run "http://geo-ad1.onemanga.com/googleintegration.js". After i blocked it with adblock, the site became lightning fast again. Just thought i share this if there was anyone else had problem with the site being super slow.

But what was that? Looks almost like Gon is going to blow himself up. Maybe something like Youpi's ability?

rockmanj
Fri, 04-16-2010, 09:56 AM
it looks like Gon is going SSJ or something...

Carnage
Thu, 04-22-2010, 05:20 AM
This chapter is absolute awesome:

http://mangastream.com/download/hunter_x_hunter/306-132

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
it looks like Gon is going SSJ or something...

paw.
even weirder than YYH.

rockmanj
Thu, 04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Wow, so after this, Gon won't be able to use nen anymore? I hope that isn't the case.

Munsu
Thu, 04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I think it means that by doing what Gon is doing, he's simply shortening his life... and if he dies, he won't be able to use Nen again. I think that's what it means, but we'll see. But it could go either way, didn't Kurapica experience something similar? Like he became useless or something after he fought the spiders?

I don't know, anyways... awesome chapter. Gon reminded me of the volleyball dude from Greed Island, Gin's friend.

Also, I think he hasn't reached the point of no return yet... and if not mistaken Killua is on his way to him right?

TwisT
Thu, 04-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm stunned. That was awesome. This was some SSJ shit that worked and didn't feel lame at all. Didn't care much for the 30 feet hair but still awesome.

I would have loved to see how far this Gon would have faired against the King.

And yea he does look like Razor body wise. And a little like the chairman. Much better comparison then what i was thinking. Only thing i could think of while reading was Grappler Baki.

animus
Thu, 04-22-2010, 11:03 AM
SSJ50 Gon? Well good chapter and all but I just hate these growth spurt type power ups. Would have liked to see Gon beat Pitou as himself, or rather current age.

Munsu
Thu, 04-22-2010, 12:25 PM
The most awesome part was that there was no pussying around... "follow me"... then an instant can of whoop ass.

poopdeville
Thu, 04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
We all read what Pitou said, but we still don't know what Gon's resolve was truly about. His resolve might be to kill the King (or something to that effect, like stopping all the Ants), in which case this is just a warm up toward his goal.

Some of the art reminded me of when Luffy punched that Tenryuubito guy at the Slave Auction.

Narasho
Fri, 04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
I think it means that by doing what Gon is doing, he's simply shortening his life... and if he dies, he won't be able to use Nen again. I think that's what it means, but we'll see. But it could go either way, didn't Kurapica experience something similar? Like he became useless or something after he fought the spiders?

Kurapica placed some restrictions on his Nen to give it additional power at the cost of being more... restricted for lack of a better term. He may only use Nen against the Spider organization (as I understand it), and if he breaks that restriction he will die. It was never revealed how to add restrictions to your Nen, but it was implied that said restrictions are permanent. Gon may have done some sort of restriction in his rage, but I hope (and suspect) that he will still maintain his talent and skills.

Great chapter, Pitou was finally put in his place. I still want to know who is going to defeat the King, as it seems none of these Hunters are up to the task.

Assassin
Fri, 04-23-2010, 04:45 PM
I didn't like how the suddenly forcible aged himself....and now he's on the same level as the king? its all too convenient and easy...especially after 4 years of this battle and just about everyone else in the team dying. It seems like a quick and easy way to end this arc.....i just hope they actually end it. If the king comes back one more time i'll be fucking pissed.

poopdeville
Sat, 04-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Kurapica placed some restrictions on his Nen to give it additional power at the cost of being more... restricted for lack of a better term. He may only use Nen against the Spider organization (as I understand it), and if he breaks that restriction he will die.

Yes and no. Kurapica can still use some nen, and it is actually pretty powerful. He is a materialization user by talent, but his eyes give him specialization powers. That is why he was able to use all of the other nen groups. He placed a restriction on the use of his specialization nen, so he can only use the specialization power (and so, the reinforcement chain, the transformation chain, the binding chain, etc) on the Kumo. But he can still use two or three of his chains, on anyone.

Marik
Fri, 05-07-2010, 08:44 AM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/307-145/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/HXH_307.zip)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-07-2010, 09:40 AM
it's funny how we never see how long Gon's hair really is.
it even combines with itself between panels at 04&05...

Last chapter I thought that it was a lame super power up to get over the fight, now this makes complete sense for the HxH universe.

even though Kaito was around for only about 20 chapters, they still made this thing matter, both from his first appearance and his later one.

If gon loses his nen I'm going to be happy. Togashi owes us a month of no nen use from before, and the 'interest' was piling ever since.

Munsu
Fri, 05-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Man, I thought this chapter was great. Really looking forward to see where they're going with this. And I had totally forgotten about what Biscuit could do, this does resemble what she did... though as Killua mentions, this is something different and dangerous.

poopdeville
Wed, 05-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Hisoka is going to get an epic boner next time he sees Gon.

Marik
Thu, 05-13-2010, 12:00 AM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/28952338/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/HXH_308.zip)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-13-2010, 01:23 AM
so, we're ignoring the giant Gon elephant in the room?

rockmanj
Thu, 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Geez, good chapter, but I wanted to see what the hell is up with Gon and his one arm. Hopefully it can be reattached (here is hoping for a Hisoka sighting). And I thought the king would have killed Meleoron and Knuckle...interesting that he kept them alive for questioning.

depthcharge
Fri, 05-14-2010, 10:35 AM
man it has been a long time since I cared to check out the hxh manga. Ever since the start of the ant arc, the drawing had become extremely messy.

Think I could barely go thru a chapter without developing a headach. think I will catch up on the story in wikia.

poopdeville
Sat, 05-15-2010, 01:48 AM
I just heard a nasty rumor. It seems that Togashi is taking another 6 month break.

depthcharge
Sat, 05-15-2010, 08:53 AM
great, now I can recover from the eye injury I received when I found out there is not hunter x hunter wikia page and had to painfully go thru 10 chapter of agony.

My eyes pop when I see the messy drawings.

Oh btw, I doubt anyone would have hair that long even if they didnt cut their hair for 50 years.

Assassin
Sat, 05-15-2010, 06:08 PM
So i guess im the only one who things this is getting ridiculous even by shounen standards?

no one ever dies, and shit keeps happening out of no where.....and now with the old man dead there is no one strong enough to defeat the king....but ofcourse Gon will somehow do it with one arm and no nen. Things are just getting stupid now.

Tenbatsu
Sat, 05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
eh, they will find some way to get his arm back.. he lost his arm in the GI arc and got it back afterwards.

Munsu
Sat, 05-15-2010, 11:04 PM
So i guess im the only one who things this is getting ridiculous even by shounen standards?

no one ever dies, and shit keeps happening out of no where.....and now with the old man dead there is no one strong enough to defeat the king....but ofcourse Gon will somehow do it with one arm and no nen. Things are just getting stupid now.

No. Things are rolling quite fine as they are.

No one ever dies? What?

Can we wait until Gon actually faces him before concluding what is going to happen? I very much doubt Gon will fight him by himself to begin with.

Augury
Sat, 05-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Plenty of characters have died in HxH, but I do agree that Togashi dug himself a hole with the strength of the king. Other than the strength issue, I think the storytelling in HxH is still okay.

If you want to talk about ridiculous storytelling or protagonists becoming stupidly strong, there are plenty of series - shounen or not - that I would rate under HxH, such as Samurai Deeper Kyo, Inuyasha, Bleach, Battle Angel Alita, or History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, to name several.

Assassin
Sun, 05-16-2010, 12:07 AM
What i mean is that, in this arc, we've seen so many dbz like moments, no least of all with the king. And now with one of the strongest hunters dead at the hands of the king, the only way to defeat him now is through a lame plot device, made that much lamer because the king is so freakishly powerful. Unless Gin now shows up to beat the king, or the king voluntarily decides to leave and live on mars or something, no one can "realistically" beat him.

I just want this arc to end, so we can get back to the way it was.

depthcharge
Sun, 05-16-2010, 02:00 AM
to tell you the truth, once Gon grows up. I doubt there will be much fans clamoring over him. The appeal decreases. Unless there is a time jump and we see miniGon. With the same story as before, Gon left his miniGon.

There is no going back. Story will have to move forward. Also to say, this felt lamer then Hyperbolic time chamber training. when you absolutely have to think about it. All possible powerups, including sharingan improvements, Orochimaru cell infusion ect felt lame.

So far, though I have yet to feel that Sage mode is lame. Kyubi mode might be lame, by Sage mode seem kind of cool. Especially seeing how difficult it is to achieve it.

Sorry if I deviate too much to Naruto.

Munsu
Sun, 05-16-2010, 04:25 AM
I just don't see what the real problem with this power-up is. This isn't a sudden powerup. It's something he's built, through training to attain and more than training, through sacrifice. We really don't know where they're going with this, nor what the real consequences are.

For one I very much doubt that the current situation is a permanent one, and considering the possibilities of the consequences, I very much think that this is a one shot deal. I'm not even sure if he'll fight the King in this condition. Remember what Kurapica did with himself in order to powerup to fight the Spiders, Pitou is pretty much to Gon what the Spiders are to Kurapica in a way. The situation, while different, share quite a few similarities.

There was a lot of foreshadowing that Gon had trained himself into some sort of "monster", I mean, we've been seeing Pitou's scared reaction to him from the get go for quite some time now (years?)... and we've known that Pitou is quite powerful.

Assassin
Mon, 05-17-2010, 12:16 AM
i assume you mean actual years, not in-manga years....I guess you're rite about the kraupica situation similarities, and if it is something like that it makes it more understandable and in tune with the previously established conditions.

I dont get when this training could have occoured though, as the ant arc started almost immediately after GI Final, and Gon and Killua had just stared to learn the basics of nen at that stage. And this whole battle has only been going on for like 30 min.

Anyways, i just hope that either a) we dont see any more of the other two guards in terms of fights, or b) if there is another guard encounter, they fucking die this time instead of finding a way out and becoming more powerful.

We also haven't seen any development of Nen, like we had during all the other arcs....in the hunter exam arc they set the standards for basic physical abilities, then the Celestial Tower and GI arcs introduced the concept of nen and developed it stage by stage. This is the only arc where we havent seen any overall plot progression (nen wise). Instead its just been fights and super over-thinking of every situation.

Munsu
Tue, 05-18-2010, 12:27 AM
After the intial Ant fights they did train quite a bit. It's been so long that I don't actually remember, but it was around after they fought Knuckles and his partner, and they also trained with Pam, etc. if not mistaken. That's also how Killua unleashed a new move recently.

I could be mistaken, but I know some training went on.

As for this arc, I agree, it's been a bad one and quite long. But I think since this last battle started, particularly the chapters after the recent hiatus have been top notch in terms of fights and story development... except for that acid trip chapter.

But let's see where this goes, and hopefully the arc ends soon.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 05-19-2010, 12:01 AM
I think the main problem is that the several years multiple hiatus happened during this arc. As far as HxH goes this arc is subpar when compares to the previous ones. the Yorkshin arc was amazing due to the spiders being likable characters and the overall mafia underworld setting. The Greed island introduced a magic element along with strategics battles that requires resources stocking. This arc has just been a tons of fight.

Marik
Wed, 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/88279221/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/HXH_309.zip)

Munsu
Thu, 05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I think the main problem is that the several years multiple hiatus happened during this arc. As far as HxH goes this arc is subpar when compares to the previous ones. the Yorkshin arc was amazing due to the spiders being likable characters and the overall mafia underworld setting. The Greed island introduced a magic element along with strategics battles that requires resources stocking. This arc has just been a tons of fight.

Yep, completely agree. Still I think since the last hiatus the chapters have been quite good, fast paced interesting battles for the most part and a bit of plot progress one might say.

For years we've been stuck with the countdown to the final battle, with each chapter just progressing 5 seconds.

Still, I want to get this over with and I want to see Gon exploring more of the world and hopefully looking for his Dad.

Marik
Wed, 05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Just a note for you Hunter x Hunter fans, it will be going back on hiatus after this week's chapter.

No word on how long it will be.

Marik
Thu, 05-27-2010, 07:19 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/36140871/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/HXH_310.zip)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-28-2010, 12:10 PM
two down. now just get rid of the one nobody liked.

oh, hiatus first?

kAi
Sat, 05-29-2010, 05:06 AM
I've never been a fan of this arc.

I agree, it would be awesome to get past here and see him explore and look for his dad.

HxH and hiatus just seems natural, like Berserk.

Marik
Thu, 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Forgot to post this yesterday....

This year's 30th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is confirming on Monday that Yoshihiro Togashi will resume his Hunter X Hunter manga in the magazine in August. Togashi has put his manga series on hiatus since last June. More details will be provided in future issues of the magazine.

Source: Hunter X Hunter Manga Resumes in Shonen Jump in August (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-29/hunter-x-hunter-manga-resumes-in-shonen-jump-in-august)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM
good news!
maybe this arc will end before I die...

actually, pretty excited about this.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I wonder how long he will keep it up this time. Hopefully he has the ant king arc planned out in full.

Munsu
Fri, 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Awesome, it's been a while since I've read any manga since work has gotten quite busy as of late (and I used to do most of my manga reading at work), but hopefully I can restart soon. Very much looking forward to this one.

Archangel
Sun, 07-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Not sure where else to post this

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-24/hunter-x-hunter-tv-anime-series-confirmed-for-this-fall

Dark Dragon
Mon, 07-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Awesome, so anime viewers will now be able to enjoy this 6+ years arc with long hiatus in between cliffhangers.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-25-2011, 03:33 AM
I guess they felt that not enough people were enjoying the long hiatus.

anybody willing to guess when the first ova bunch will end?
with the king's birth or before?

Munsu
Mon, 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Does anyone actually remember the order of events?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 07-25-2011, 12:13 PM
let's see what I can recall.

Kaito (I think it's his name), getting to see some new bugs and animals.
getting in NGL, the queen starts eating stuff.
ants eat up the guy with the bees, discover better nen.
some fighting against the ants.
Kaito bites it, Killua and Gon escape.
Gon and Killua meet with Bisuquit, Emo-girl, and the two guys.
they all go into ant land.
king is born, queen dies, the other ants start acting like kings themselves.
some fighting between small ants.
the ants try to kill 5,000,000 people, gon and killua try to stop them.
the bunch invades the king's palace, fighting starts.
we're still there, somewhere. some people jumped in and new characters joined, but that's it.

edit: I've re-read it...
so far, things have been pretty shit for the good guys. and Togashi is obsessed with his daughter.
many hiatuss between.

Marik
Wed, 08-03-2011, 11:51 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.311: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qt4uau95svgq0y2) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/22qqoc) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/66206613/1)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 08-03-2011, 12:38 PM
radiation poisoning... in a matter of hours...
well, that could mean anything from next chapter to next decade...
good to see the story back

Marik
Thu, 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.312: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?csmlpg8ti5mmywx) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7y52s) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/79733830/1)

poopdeville
Thu, 08-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Come on Gon, show up and kick Merium's ass already.

rockmanj
Sat, 08-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Are you kidding me? That was HORRIBLE pacing. I am close to giving up on HXH.

Marik
Fri, 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.313: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jv8941hb9gj4vfy) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/mi4oz1) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RY38VNOC) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/57022204/1)

poopdeville
Fri, 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
This was a decent chapter. At least something can happen now.

Funny how Welfin got eaten "one second" before the next 15 pages happened. The ants' talking must sound like a screech.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-27-2011, 08:50 AM
nope. it's a well-documented phenomena in HxH. you get unlimited screen time before you die. it's called "samurai-moment"
check the battle between Yupi and the guy who looks like Yusuke.

rockmanj
Sun, 08-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Wait...that was one second? /rolls eyes.

Marik
Thu, 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.314: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sabwdd4x3qsmstp) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/nfx41b) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IOXPKUSH) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/86915312/1)

Just updated pages 11 and 15 of #HxH 313, re-read those please, have a few subtle changes in meaning that were pointed out only now.

Marik
Wed, 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.315: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tbvs69om271nim5) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UPBIRWBS) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ob8iow) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/13062742/1)

poopdeville
Wed, 09-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Um. WTF.

rockmanj
Wed, 09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
My sentiments exactly. I don't even know what to think of what I just read. Maybe Jin will be named the successor?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-08-2011, 04:43 PM
well, they ended the arc with the same character they started with.

I'm dying to know what's happened to Gon, though. and show us Leorio, Goddammit!

Marik
Tue, 09-13-2011, 03:26 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.316: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k2bm6yt77z58fbq) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UA6TA5YK) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/wttv9e) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/81395975/1)

rockmanj
Tue, 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I am surprised. It was actually a decent chapter.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
from that angle, Killua looks older, and really buff.
and evil.

the king finally died.

seriously, bring back Leorio as one of the doctors.

Marik
Thu, 09-22-2011, 04:56 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.317: Direct Download (http://www41.multiupload.com:81/files/4ABDD954FFD25EB631923D1C683BB155FBED8C6792727B1272 44BF57F54F742C7735E6382C9BC86B51F5B8602B11A6794DD9 94CDED4538C07776F583792B9976C236D7BCA14A521379ED33 6627D819E378/Hunter+x+Hunter+c.317.rar) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?awv4m1m2dpi2bqp) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/99425865/1)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
what a let down...
it starts with an old-school, happy, colorful, fun cover.
and then it's Cell.

Carnage
Thu, 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I actually found this chapter to be delightful. Its a nice twist to see some humanity in what was such a monster.

Marik
Wed, 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.318: Direct Download (http://www37.multiupload.com:81/files/813929DD6A1B3C54D1BB0DB2853A5F8E9330FADA89E49103BD 558D6FA154EEC6567E3301C3B14E71E03AE7C4E7199D325A0C 8EDDC72C33BF095EFFB3CFDB6FBDDC4716ABA592673BA0F02F 6C883B887000/Hunter+x+Hunter+c.318.rar) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?adz7cirlmxal5i1) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/36233997/1http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?adz7cirlmxal5i1)

rockmanj
Wed, 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Not a bad way to end...I certainly did not expect half of that chapter to be black panels. I hope the new arc doesn't drag on and take like 4 years.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
ooh, political elections! aren't "the zodiac" Killua's family?

Really, I'm tired of hearing about 'the king is dead'.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
online viewing (http://www.mangastream.to/hunter-x-hunter-chapter-319.html)

not top-notch translation (from what I can tell).

I hate the Chinese zodiac motif...

Destrado
Wed, 10-05-2011, 10:13 AM
So the Zodiac was actually about the Chairman's most trusted... And Ging doesn't fail to make an impression.

Now, as I understand it, it'll be a "free-for-all" grand tournament?

animus
Wed, 10-05-2011, 08:47 PM
If it is a tournament I'll be so happy. The tournament format is what made this series so good, along with his older series (Yu Yu Hakusho).

Carnage
Wed, 10-05-2011, 09:11 PM
I would be very surprised if it turns out to be a tournament.

Marik
Wed, 10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.320: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2l2l06mbtg8iy89) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/P8ESV19UWJ) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/19952601/1)

Destrado
Wed, 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
What a major... dunno, screw. Ging is totally hilarious (and quite oposite to what I always envisoned him to be - more like an older Gon). Illumi looked bizarre, good to see Hisoka acting his old self, and I'm very much intrigued by whatever "negotiation" Killua is having that could possibly kill him. Not to mention Illumi's "ultimate" objective.

Carnage
Wed, 10-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Swear to god even on his fucking deathbead writing HaitusX Haitus, Togashi still manages more plot progression than Onepiece, Bleach, and Naruto combined.

animus
Wed, 10-12-2011, 11:26 PM
This series can never go wrong with more Hisoka.

poopdeville
Sun, 10-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Which two psychos would vote for Hisoka of all people? At least none of the Genei Ryodan got any votes.

Marik
Thu, 10-20-2011, 10:38 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.321: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f0b30migydi6ot1) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/69TW00HO5O) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/14660651/1)

Carnage
Thu, 10-27-2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/322

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Doredamon and Deathnoth make a good combo!

although, it sounds a bit like CCS, "lose the one you love the most".

Marik
Wed, 11-02-2011, 06:14 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.323: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ko5ehwg91dnn896) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/qgcr9r) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/F3IE0DXET1) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/41749399/1)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Lol at Ilumi, thinking Killua likes him so much...

did they explain why sometimes only two people die and sometimes a whole lot more? I didn't quite get that part.

Augury
Fri, 11-04-2011, 04:36 PM
More people die if the wish is more demanding, which is why Ilumi thinks that over 10,000 people will die if Killua wishes for Gon to be restored and then fails the pesterings afterwards.

Carnage
Thu, 11-10-2011, 06:43 PM
No new chapter this week?

Marik
Thu, 11-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah, there's a chapter this week. The full raw has been released. One Piece is the only series absent from Jump this week.

Marik
Fri, 11-11-2011, 09:36 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.324: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cobxo4f7qhar1h7) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8u3yc) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/U1F436HVWE) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/76466254/1)

rockmanj
Fri, 11-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Beat me to it, you scoundrel! haha. His mom's reaction was priceless.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-12-2011, 03:50 AM
it's funny that they actually force all their female butlers to have the same haircut.

Killua's mom was always a bit of a nut head. I guess that's why she married into the family.

Carnage
Thu, 11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Damn why does HXH always take the longest to scanlate...

Marik
Fri, 11-18-2011, 01:14 AM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.325: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?k23751dkxs47z3k) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/nxt5nr) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/LTYOFC203K) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/64800403/1)

rockmanj
Fri, 11-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Way to bring Leorio back! Kind of a cool ability.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-18-2011, 06:17 AM
the vote grabbing punch!! the Spider Routine!!

HxH is awesome.

seriously though, Emission and Materialization, or Manipulation?

Carnage
Fri, 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM
I believe in the HXH data book he's listed as Emission. And yeah what a sweet chapter, I really hope Togashi isnt just wrapping things up to end the manga in 20 chapters or so.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
I figured that he was Emission, but I still think that what he did involves another type of nen...

we've seen an emission boxer back in the greed island arc, and he couldn't send his fists like that (he needed to draw something on the floor), and he actually 'teleported' his fist across the ring.
Leorio punched a guy from a greater distance, and he created a new 'fist', (when the punch hit gin, Leorio had both his hand where they should be). seems fishy.

also, I think that might need to hit an identical object to send the fist (the table, in our case). maybe he can use a knife next time..

Carnage
Fri, 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Now I have to reread HXH to remember the different nen-types, I was hoping to just get by with the anime.

rockmanj
Sat, 11-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Now I have to reread HXH to remember the different nen-types, I was hoping to just get by with the anime.

I am actually re-reading the Greed Island arc again. Good stuff. This is what DBZ was talking about: http://www.mangareader.net/207-14166-7/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-157.html

Marik
Thu, 11-24-2011, 08:10 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.326: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?b6dkot5ak3zldmd) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/QEDJNYHPB2) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/29465071/1)

poopdeville
Fri, 11-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm kind of interested in Ickshonpay Kaztouger. What's his nen power? Something similar to Shalnark (i.e., using electronics/information to manipulate the "real world")?

lol at Biscuit, Hisoka.

Marik
Wed, 11-30-2011, 11:09 PM
[MangaStream & Binktopia] Hunter x Hunter c.327: MirrorCreator (http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0Z5O6RTP/Hunter_x_Hunter_c.327__MangaStream___Binktopia_.ra r_links) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/44614653/1)

LaZie
Thu, 12-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Poor Gotoh...

Marik
Thu, 12-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Poor Gotoh...

Requiescat in pace...

rockmanj
Thu, 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM
At least he gave it a good shot...no pun intended.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-07-2011, 05:38 PM
328. When two different plots collide.

rockmanj
Thu, 12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Seems nobody has posted 328: Online Viewing (mangareader) (http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/328)

poopdeville
Fri, 12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
It's getting exciting.

Marik
Wed, 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
[MangaStream] Hunter x Hunter c.329: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?t570yz68eed7zri) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/VO8TE07QTL) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/36556959/1)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
the terror of Illumi, badass.

anyone knows enough about Japanese Politics to identify who's been criticized?

rockmanj
Wed, 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
This is getting really exciting! What a creep Illumi is!

Marik
Mon, 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM
[MangaStream] Hunter x Hunter c.330: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?7fva117yud05f27) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/M74JRG1SYF) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/82786759/1)

Marik
Wed, 01-11-2012, 08:59 AM
[MangaStream] Hunter x Hunter c.331: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?9xa5jw4jw988i8q) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/8UFHARNEOV) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/76915100/1)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-11-2012, 06:08 PM
so, if I'm reading this correctly, Pariston is going to use the chiemera eggs to get an army of loyal (to him) hunters. they pass the exam (there's no limit on how many can pass on each exam, especially when Pariston is making the rules) and all vote for him. and once they become hunters, they cannot be hunted, unless the head chairman (pariston) says they've committed an atrocity. all ant hunters are ordered to hunt for the licences of other hunters, and because they all belong to Pariston's school, he gets a pyramid scam to raise to a 3 star hunter, with many chimera 2stars and 1stars below him. he revives the plans of the Ant King under his own name.

all he has to do is to stall long enough for the ants to pass the exam, and then he can use his majority voice to force a re-election.

Parkalash
Thu, 01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Would need to find a few chapters but dont know where... missing a few 292 293 295 297 and so on to 310..

Marik
Wed, 01-18-2012, 06:12 PM
[MangaStream] Hunter x Hunter c.332: MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?byq6uoyr59m4lxw) | MultiUpload (http://www.multiupload.com/AGG9KM9NK2) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/12221882/1)

rockmanj
Wed, 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Wow...that may be the first shonen manga I have heard where someone talked about "jacking off".

Marik
Wed, 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
[MangaStream] Hunter x Hunter c.333: SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/m5ft32) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?k11l3hc8bldgass) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/36540135/1)

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
what are the odds that pariston is actually working with Illumi? I don't remember if that was ever addressed.

although there's no action in this arc, I really like where this is going.

rockmanj
Wed, 01-25-2012, 07:13 PM
what are the odds that pariston is actually working with Illumi? I don't remember if that was ever addressed.

although there's no action in this arc, I really like where this is going.

Lots of political action! And that might be possible. Illumi could have his needles in him or Pariston could just be evil. I forgot, can IT heal without penalty? I forgot how Killua said that worked.

Munsu
Wed, 01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Gon looks completely fucked up.

In truth, I don't know how I feel about this miracle kid curing Gon, we'll see how it goes. Though it's been interesting how we've arrived here.

Carnage
Wed, 01-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Gon looks completely fucked up.

In truth, I don't know how I feel about this miracle kid curing Gon, we'll see how it goes. Though it's been interesting how we've arrived here.

Aw cmon, every bit of this arc has been great!

@rockmanj: Killua told Illumi that IT can heal without penalty. But at the end of that chapter Illumi noted to himself that Killua hadnt revealed everything, and is probably still withholding information (so there probably is a consequence).

Munsu
Thu, 01-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Aw cmon, every bit of this arc has been great!

@rockmanj: Killua told Illumi that IT can heal without penalty. But at the end of that chapter Illumi noted to himself that Killua hadnt revealed everything, and is probably still withholding information (so there probably is a consequence).

Nothing to do with this arc. I've liked this arc a lot. Just feels a bit cheap to get Gon to this point and suddenly this miracle cure exists, but we'll see how it goes.

Carnage
Wed, 02-01-2012, 12:12 PM
ZAWA ZAWA

The new chapter is out, and honestly I look forward to HXH everyweek more so than every other shonen combined. So far its been amazing, I didnt even care about Pariston winning when Gon entered the room it was so emotional. I hope togashi doesn't half-ass it from here on out.

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
So, is it next week already?

rockmanj
Wed, 02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Mangastream Chapter 334 http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/36171805/1

kAi
Thu, 02-02-2012, 03:58 AM
From when the series first started I never would've guessed this is how the first interaction would've went haha.
I wonder why Gon must never find out that Killua was the one who saved him, probably another catch with being healed by IT.
Killua isn't with them here either, probably has to go back to the family house.

EinReB23
Wed, 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/19385051/1

Munsu
Wed, 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Awesome chapter, that's all that needs to be said and loved the first interaction between Gon and his dad.

rockmanj
Wed, 02-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Agreed. I wonder if Gon still has nen abilities. I am really digging HxH lately. I hope Togashi can keep his health and productivity up.

kAi
Thu, 02-09-2012, 05:00 AM
Everyone has been liking HxH, because it's a really good manga!
Except for the last arc with the ants, it just ruined it, and it didn't help that he had a monster break bigger than Miura!

Pariston and his crazy moves, wonder what we'll see him doing next. I like his character.

Just one thing, the comment from Ging "So don't mess up your apology! or else you'll be slapped again!" and Gon "Again!?"
I think I'm missing something here. Does anyone know what this means?

Munsu
Thu, 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM
I thought the same kAi... might try another release and see if they got something else.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to think back to all the characters who've slapped Gon, and besides Killua, I can only remember Kaito...
so, was Kaito a dual nen personality of Gin? that seems dumb, but who knows?

LaZie
Thu, 02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
This is the first time Kaito slaps Gon.

poopdeville
Sun, 02-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Let's hope Kuroro doesn't learn about "it".

Actually, it would make for a great story if the Genei Ryodan ended up taking on Gon, Killua, Leorio, and maybe Illumi and Hisoka. And it would be a good reason for Kurapica to come back into the story.

Destrado
Wed, 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM
336 is out.

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/336

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Am I the only one who got very creepy incest vibes from this chapter?

rockmanj
Wed, 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
From Illumi or Nanika?

Carnage
Wed, 02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Uguuuuu~

Marik
Wed, 02-22-2012, 12:09 PM
[A3S Scans] Hunter x Hunter c.337: SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/4duxvz) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?nnwbua97iomfjsk) | Online Viewing (http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/78936_confession)

[Utopia] Hunter x Hunter c.337: SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/caorkj) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?4967aqzz9o014j0) | Online Viewing (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/85752/hunter-x-hunter_ch337_by_utopia)

rockmanj
Wed, 02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Wow, the drawing is getting really sketchy again. I hope this is not a bad sign.

Carnage
Wed, 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow, the drawing is getting really sketchy again. I hope this is not a bad sign.

Are you ready for some HaitusXHaitus?

rockmanj
Wed, 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Are you ready for some HaitusXHaitus?

That actually made me laugh. I almost spit my tea out.

Carnage
Wed, 02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
That actually made me laugh. I almost spit my tea out.

I was starting to get worried with how disgustingly clean and crisp the past chapters were, but my mind is now at ease seeing these scribbles. Oh how I missed them.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 02-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Togashi had a philosophical phase again... I guess it's that time of the month.

Munsu
Wed, 02-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Togashi had a philosophical phase again... I guess it's that time of the month.

Which is not helped with the poor translation/editing we're getting from this group.

bigmarkg2
Thu, 02-23-2012, 03:53 AM
i had a question, why the manga name aad the "X", Hunter x hunter (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/hunter_x_hunter/),and kiss x sis...but whatever, i like to read them. :P

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-23-2012, 06:42 AM
the X isn't part of the name. it's there to set apart the two words.
it's basically called "HunterHunter", but Japan is weird like that.

in one of the earlier volumes intro-pages, there's a 'rant' from Togashi about his mangas names.

Destrado
Wed, 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM
It's out, later than the rest, but still,

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/338

translation didn't seem very good (bear hands?), but...

damn Togashi, he waited 388 to reveal... oh, you'll see.

rockmanj
Wed, 02-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Whoa! Also, I guess Gon has his Nen abilities back.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-01-2012, 07:47 AM
so, took a snap view of claymore?
and, obligatory YYH QUOTE:

"we are sealed apart from the outside world, there is a net between our world and the Makai realm..."

Carnage
Thu, 03-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I cant tell if he's pulling a YYH on us with a bunch of bullshit final chapters, or if he's leading into a legitimate arc.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Oops, meant to delete this.

LaZie
Wed, 03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
[A3S] Hunter x Hunter c.339: Online Viewing (http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/339)

Destrado
Wed, 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM
No plot progression, but damn, that was a beautiful chapter. Even without words, Morau's part was hilarious, Kurapika looked positively scary, and I think it gave it all closure wonderfully. I've thoroughly enjoyed this arc, but now I want some Spiders, and to know about the supposed ant/leader of the NGR. Jugo, or whatever was his name.

Oh, and what the hell was the Goto part all about? I confess that I got confused with that.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
what was that thing with the pictures? I get that they are making a toast for the dead chairman, but they were buying something?

goto... was he one of those fox-men things from the first volume? or did he and the real Aluuka actually die and were replaced to protect Killua?

I really hope it's the last of the King we ever see. he died, and is happy. we get it. move on.

Augury
Wed, 03-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Way back at the early parts of the ant arc, Morau and Novu made a bet to see who would qualify to join them and the Chairman in exterminating the ants. Morau bet that only Knuckle and Shoot would make it, and Novu bet that everyone would come. Looks like they just decided to pool the bet money instead to honor the Chairman.

I'm not sure why the navigator was brought back to impersonate Goto for a panel. I think Togashi was just trolling the readers there. Killua probably paid the navigators a visit and asked them to tell the butlers that they were doing okay.

tomte
Tue, 03-13-2012, 04:08 AM
I like hunter x hunter very much . Now I am reading naruto manga (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/). It is not easy for me to come down that naruto 578 (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c578/) will come out 1 or 2 days.

Marik
Wed, 03-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Hunter x Hunter will be going on hiatus again after this week's chapter (340).

This year's 16th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that Yoshihiro Togashi is putting his Hunter X Hunter adventure manga on hiatus in the next issue. He had been serializing the manga again since last August. At 30 installments, the most recent run is the longest uninterrupted run of Hunter X Hunter.

The next compiled book volume of the manga, #30, will ship next month. Viz Media published the 27th volume in North America this month.

Hunter x Hunter Manga's Longest Uninterrupted Run to End (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-14/hunter-x-hunter-manga-longest-uninterrupted-run-to-end)

Also, there will be a Hunter x Hunter film.

Mainichi: Hunter x Hunter Manga Gets 1st Anime Film (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-13/mainichi/hunter-x-hunter-manga-gets-1st-anime-film)

rockmanj
Wed, 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I knew the hiatus was coming soon. It was a good run.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
well, that's how HxH goes..
we did get to see Gin, and we had a nice political story.

I guess 350 will take a few more years...

Marik
Thu, 03-15-2012, 08:36 AM
[A3S Scans] Hunter x Hunter c.340: Online Viewing (http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/80974_special-assignment)

Carnage
Thu, 03-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Togashi had better come back with volumes prepared.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
I agree. That was a good cliffhanger.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-15-2012, 04:12 PM
hhmph, and here I thought that he introduced the zodiacs for nothing...

Sidnne
Mon, 04-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I just read the entire series of HxH in about 2 weeks, mostly on my kindle while laying in bed at night. It's a great series and I'm disappointed that I'm already caught up.

I noticed at the end of several chapters that there seemed to be many hiatuses. About how long do the hiatuses usually last?

kAi
Tue, 04-10-2012, 06:01 AM
There have been a few breaks which lasted over a year.
I know one of them was due to health issues with the author.

If the past is anything to go by, this could last a year. But, I don't think this is going to last longer than a year, I reckon about 6 months.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-03-2012, 11:50 AM
there's a kurapica gaiden chapter up at mangatraders.

good drawing most of it, though I can't say I'm impressed by the plot.

does someone know which chapter it was when we previously saw that kid?

Sidnne
Wed, 12-05-2012, 02:34 AM
there's a kurapica gaiden chapter up at mangatraders.

good drawing most of it, though I can't say I'm impressed by the plot.

does someone know which chapter it was when we previously saw that kid?

Here is the link to the special on MangaStream:
http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/35431258/1

It's nice to have some HxH again. Hopefully the series will resume after this gaiden.

poopdeville
Fri, 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
It would be pretty harsh if Kurapica was the reason the Spider got on the tribe's trail.

Will Pairo survive the massacre? If so, Leorio might be the nen-using doctor to fix his eyes.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-07-2012, 07:14 PM
dude is dead, sorry to tell you so.
he appears in chapter 117.

I thought he was originally named Kurapica, but I guess I remembered something from a different manga.

Sidnne
Tue, 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Part 2 of the special is out.

http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/78308328/1

Death BOO Z
Wed, 12-12-2012, 03:33 AM
nice chapter, huntery and all.
but don't those words imply that the clan first attacked the people of the shooting star city, rather than being a 'random' act of violence by the spiders?

poopdeville
Wed, 12-12-2012, 08:10 PM
You mean, "We reject no one, so take nothing from us"?

Yeah, I don't know what that's about. Maybe the tribe spent some time in Meteor City while they were hiding, and ran away.

LaZie
Thu, 12-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Maybe it just means that they accept anyone as "family" and what is theirs belongs to you too.

LunaticCat
Mon, 12-17-2012, 04:16 AM
This sentence was already mentioned before (although its a different translation)
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14111-10/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-102.html

Carnage
Mon, 12-17-2012, 12:55 PM
The whole torture of the families and kids gives a different perspective on the troupe. Before I'd read them as a bunch of bad-asses, but now they really come off as villains.

poopdeville
Fri, 05-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Only 30 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes and 45 seconds until the manga returns...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/22/hunter-x-hunter-manga-returning-joining-english-weekly-shonen-jump

Sidnne
Fri, 05-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Only 30 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes and 45 seconds until the manga returns...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/22/hunter-x-hunter-manga-returning-joining-english-weekly-shonen-jump

Thank God! I was just thinking this week about this after I realized the anime is almost caught up to the manga.

poopdeville
Sat, 05-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about the anime too. I wonder if there's going to be new manga in time for it to get adapted to the anime. Maybe Togashi's last hiatus from the manga was so he could coordinate with the anime people.

Carnage
Wed, 05-28-2014, 08:46 AM
Is mangastream's translation the only one that is confusing?

Sidnne
Wed, 05-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Hiatus over! 341 is here!

MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/341)

MangaStream (http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/341/2393/1)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-29-2014, 08:50 AM
not sure how i feel about poison outside world. in most mangas it happened, the new world turned out to be pretty shitty arc.
YYH - just a tourney.
Claymore never went there.
Toriko - so far, kind of dumb.

Carnage
Thu, 05-29-2014, 02:16 PM
YYH was just a tourney because Togashi wanted to fuck with his editors for being pricks. SJ learned its lesson which is why Togashi has such a golden contract now.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 05-30-2014, 05:14 PM
I wonder if Ging just never came home because he's a really shitty father or was it because there's something in the new world that he's obsessed with.

This arc introduced a bunch of new characters who are all suppose to be strong, i really wonder how many of them will get killed off relatively early on.

The whole new world thing just seems like another setting for unbelievably powerful "force of nature" for the hunters to fight against.

enkoujin
Wed, 06-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Chapter 342 [MangaStream] (http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/342/2402/1)

----

I found the last couple chapters pretty confusing, so here's a synopsis of what's happened so far from a guy named amoham10 (http://disqus.com/amoham10/) on MangaStream:

Well we know that Isaac Netero wants the Zodiacs to go to Dark Continent. Netero had also been to the Dark Continent before but found that his view of strength is more on that for combat. Beyond, on the other hand, views strength to be that of determination and the desire to explore the unknown - something Netero acknowledges as a far more virtuous quality of a hunter. This is why Netero is "making a request" for the Hunters Association to set up their own expedition and beat Beyond for the prestige of exploring and colonizing the Dark Continent.

The country of Kakin wants to go to the Dark Continent. The Dark Continent remember from last chapter, is taboo and humans have not visited it for centuries.

The Five Modern Nation Leaders (V5) don't want to deal with this because each time humanity has stepped into the Dark Continent, they've only brought calamities back. Another reason is out of the 149 times humanity has tried to voyage the Dark Continent, there were only 28 survivors and 3 were able to live normal lives (Beyond was one of them). Mind you these were powerful individuals with a lot of luck on their side. So it would be very reckless and dangerous for the citizens of Kakin to head over to the Dark Continent.

V5 order The Zodiacs to capture Beyond, as a way to get their own info on the Dark Continent (preferably the calamities).

Beyond gives himself up, proposing they take him to Dark Continent under the pretense that they are chasing him and to obtain greater support for his trip to the Dark Continent from the Hunter's Association and V5. Funny part was he made a prediction that they would release him, which means this was all planned from the beginning. Beyond is a lot smarter than we gave him credit for.

The Zodiacs accept, so they can fulfill Isaac's final request/order.

The V5 plan on inviting Kakin in order to turn the organization from the V5 into the V6, in an attempt to limit the damage of the expedition that would otherwise bring more calamities back from the Dark Continent. To ensure a monitored expedition, the Hunter's Association will accompany Beyond by orders of the V5 into the Dark Continent.

The Zodiac must do this on the expedition of the Dark Continent:
1. Keeping Beyond a prisoner
2. Fighting off Beyond's allies
3. Dealing with the 5 calamities
4. Exploring the continent to find ways to benefit mankind.

The King of Kakin is building Black Whale ships to effectively transport people from their country into the Dark Continent. The first ship will send Beyond and presumably the Zodiac 10 along with more in the future. The King estimates one million immigrants over the next five years. The V5 isn't planning on sending people other than select few into the Dark Continent. They'll use the ships to transport people to islands close to the Continent, and then tell them that's the place, so there won't be any immigrants to the Continent itself.

Ging meets with Pariston and proposes he joins Beyond's team. He also tells Pariston to stop causing trouble because Pariston wanted to send his pet army of 5000 Chimera ant soldiers against one of two targets: the Dark Continent if the Hunter Association goes along with Beyond or the Hunter Association itself if it doesn't. Pariston is interested that Ging joins but Ging tells that he might want to be a lone wolf in the Dark Continent......looks like Gon will have to search for his father in the Dark Continent in the future.

Beyond and the Zodiacs will be the first adventurers that manage to successfully infiltrate the Dark Continent officially, and will also establish the first ground base for operations and maybe even starting the cartography of the first continent.

Carnage
Wed, 06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Netero is the other person who returned to a normal life after visiting the Dark Continent, I suppose that makes the final person Alluka?

poopdeville
Wed, 06-04-2014, 08:43 PM
On what basis are you concluding it's Alluka? I have no idea what gave you that idea. Did I miss something?

Carnage
Wed, 06-04-2014, 10:46 PM
On what basis are you concluding it's Alluka? I have no idea what gave you that idea. Did I miss something?

She reminds me of the Gas Life-Form AI calamity, "desire of co-dependence." Plus one of those chapters mentions Killua/Zoldycks don't know where she came from. And, he ability of squishing people into near 2-D shapes reminds me of the deformation of one of the examples of the victims traveling to the Dark Continent. There's not much else evidence but its definitely possible.

poopdeville
Thu, 06-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I see what you mean. Good catch.

poopdeville
Wed, 06-11-2014, 12:01 PM
http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/343/2409/1

enkoujin
Wed, 06-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Chapter 344 [MangaStream] (http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/344/2416/1)

---

Synopsis thanks to amoham10 (http://disqus.com/amoham10/) again for summarizing what's happened:

We start off with Kurapica reminiscing of all the individuals he met as a blacklist hunter. All these interactions to find clues of his klan's eyes are going to finally end with the fourth prince of Kakin. He contemplates where this final journey will take him and comes to grip with him being the lone survivor of his klan.

We move back to Ging who from last chapter, made the declaration he was the number 2 person in the group. The group members start to get into battle positions and will attack Ging depending on his answer. Ging surprisingly states he would double the money Beyond is paying them and will give it to them upfront. In fact he will pay them and will allow them to keep doing everything they have been doing up until now. The group is perplexed but also feeling a sense of incredulity from what Gng stated. Ging lets them know if that if they want to follow usual protocol that is okay and they can even take orders from Pariston but all that he wishes is he is the number two guy in the hierarchy of the group. A member wants to confirm if Ging is telling the truth and writes down the imaginary amount Beyond was paying him. Ging confirms and that member officially accepts Ging second in command. Ging immediately transfers the money into his account and the guy leaves the room. The other members of Pariston's group assume the guy ran off with the money, never to be seen again. Ging then lets the group know that whenever they are ready to allow him to be 2nd in the group, that he will accept it with no hesitation. Another member (the guy Ging almost smashed his face in) accepts him as number two but doesn't want his money. Ging turns to Pariston and mockingly says that Pariston isn't being paid anything to go on the expedition and that this is only to cure his boredom. Pariston and Ging come to an understanding because Ging isn't being paid either.

Leerio calls Kurapica, letting him know he was worried and wanting his cell number. Leerio confirms from Kurapica Gon is okay from Mizaistom. Something to note Leerio is worried about the Zodiac because he hardly knows them which is surprising because he spent a good amount of time with them in the election arc. Mizaistom then lets Kurapica know that there are dark shadows around the King, probably pulling the strings. Be non confrontational and tact because the prince is circumspectly eyeing the entire expedition process.

We finally see Gon and apparently his aura is not coming out. It doesn't mean he lost his nen but possibly his nen system in his body was damaged beyond repair. Think Gai using the 8th gates and destroying his chakra networks.

Ging recaps to Pariston's group the five deadly calamities. We find out something quite interesting. The calamities are brought back to the human world by the "guides". The "guides" are a magical beast species that have a strong connection to The Dark Continent. Ging states the group should avoid each of the five calamities because they are far more dangerous than the Chimera Ants and class A or B level threats. Beyond is going through a new unexplored route underground but that would be very dangerous because he might bring back a sixth calamity. The group asks what is the benefit of the V5 in going to the Dark Continent? Ging summaries what the V5 want and their past expeditions in the following:

-Republic of Belgrosa: In the Northeastern section from Lake Mobius there lies a mountainous territory that holds a mineral ore that could produce 20K of electricity for a day when submerged underwater. Mind you this is from a very a small amount and so energy conservation wouldn't be an issue. It is hidden in a mountain range inhabited by the beast calamity, Papu and only seven survived from the last expedition.

-Sahelta Empire: North of Lake Mobius after you pass a sea of trees there lies a labyrinth town that holds a herb that can cure 10k illnesses/ailments. If a country got this, doctors wouldn't be needed and the country can have a very long living labour force. The plant calamity, Brion destroyed the special forces of the empire and only two survived.

-Ochima Federation: South of Lake Mobius you will find a murky swamp land that holds the Nitro grain, a form of food that stave off starvation for an extremely long period of time. A country with this can feed its populous and also save billions of in food costs. The forces sent out were wiped out by the twin tailed snake, Hellbell and only eleven survived.

-Republic of Minbu: Instead of using their own military, they enlisted the Hunter Association for the power to obtain three special liquid mixtures. If you have this special chemical you can conjure water out of thin air. Water imports would be none and the food irrigation would be a thing of the past. The mist creature, AI killed most of the group and only 3 survived. The survivors went insane and any information about The Dark Continent wasn't salvageable.

-Kakanya Kingdom: The most successful out of the V5s sent out Beyond's group. They wanted an alchemist compound known as the "Metallion" and Beyond actually found it and brought it back to the world safely. However, Beyond being reckless, got lost which led them to take a detour and their group ended up catching the zombae disease (the disease of immortality). There were six survivors and so we could assume Beyond Netero has the zombae disease.

We also find out that during Beyond's first conquest to The Dark Continent, The Hunter Association hired Aizack Netero, Zzigg Zoldyck and Linnet Audoble. From the reaction they were terrified at the sheer scale of the beasts that roam around The Dark Continent.

The hunter from Pariston's group who got the money transferred by Ging, returns and explains he needed the money for his sister to be in care. The money Ging transferred to him is more than enough for her to be in care. This hunter is now forever in Ging's debt and will fight for him as comrade but Ging says he won't let him die under his command.

Finally, another member from the Pariston's group wonders if there any documents left behind any of the survivors from the documents. Ging explains only one person in the history of humanity ever explored the shores of Lake Mobius. The individual kept a journal of their explorations and named it "The New Continent's Traveller's Journal's East and West". The world only knows about the East portion of the journal but the West is nowhere to be found. Ging says there are 3 reasons why it wasn't found. One is because it wasn't found, Two because the writer failed to find what he wanted and decided to stop writing. Three is because the person is still writing it! The individual must of found the all curing herb and is still exploring the Dark Continent. Ging says the author is none other than Don Freeces.

Carnage
Wed, 06-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Don Freecs is like Togashi, he has been on hiatus for 300 years.

poopdeville
Wed, 06-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Oh shit! "My aura... isn't coming out!" Must finish the chapter.

This is getting on the far side of epic. I really hope Togashi has been talking to the anime guys about what's going to happen in this arc/saga.

Also, Carnage's theory about Alluka looks more plausible if a Zoaldyck has been on the new world.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-19-2014, 03:39 AM
the summary really does help!

Dark Dragon
Thu, 06-19-2014, 05:22 AM
Only thing i'd like to add to that summary is that it's very likely that Linnet Audoble is Linne Hors-d'oeuvre from the election arc due to her age.

enkoujin
Wed, 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Chapter 345 [MS] (http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/345/2424/1)

Janice
Sat, 06-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Has anyone else had trouble following what's going on since the manga resumed? I feel like I have no clue what's happening or what the characters are talking about half the time.

Carnage
Sat, 06-28-2014, 04:36 PM
You ought to read the Viz translation/releases, they're much clearer than mangastream.

poopdeville
Sat, 06-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Has anyone else had trouble following what's going on since the manga resumed? I feel like I have no clue what's happening or what the characters are talking about half the time.

Yes, especially Ging and Pariston. They're talking like diplomats.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-04-2014, 08:54 PM

Yes. The summaries that enkoujin has been posting have helped a lot. Before I read those, I was pretty lost.

enkoujin
Thu, 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Chapter 346 [MS] (http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/346/2442/1)
Chapter 346 [MangaPanda] (http://www.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/346)

Didn't see that there yesterday. Sorry.

poopdeville
Mon, 07-14-2014, 12:20 AM
URR, the chimera ants were B rank. D:

Great chapter. I like how they think Kurapica is a mind reader.

Sidnne
Tue, 07-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Chapter 347 is here.

Manga Panda (http://www.mangapanda.com/hunter-x-hunter/347)

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-15-2014, 03:11 PM
it's amazing how he understands nen not by some magic hack, but by understanding what the user wanted to achieve when he conceived the idea. that ties into the original concept on nen and also is an example of how he operates by pandering to the specific interests of whoever he's dealing with.

Carnage
Tue, 07-15-2014, 11:51 PM
The fact that it took longer than 1 second for that battle to end feels odd considering how strong the ants were and how high Ging's power level ought to be.

TwisT
Fri, 07-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Not really. Ging said it himself. He figured out that it was really Partison that sent those guys in an attempt to see Gings powers for himself. So Ging didn't use any of his own powers. He used Leorio's.

However I feel that the fact that he was able to figure out and use Leorio's powers so easily revealed a bunch. Don't think many people can witness or take an attack once and then figure out how it worked. Not only that but several other techniques too, by predicting how it was intended to work. That told volumes about just how strong he is. Also don't use you powers infront of Ging or against him unless you are sure it will kill him, or he will figure it out and add it to his own arsenal.

Can't help but think that Crollo have been cheated. Why have a nen power that require you to have a book in one hand to use someones power, and to have such trouble to steal it, when you can simply figure it out. Hopefully it's such a rare talent that Ging is basically the only one that can do it. It could be Ging's power, but i hope not.

Carnage
Fri, 07-18-2014, 08:11 AM
Ging blatantly said its not his power and can only mimic strike-type attacks. Plus, he might have had to have been hit to be able to replicate it. Chrollo's power can seemingly copy anything.

rockmanj
Fri, 07-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Either way, it is still very impressive. I wonder how long it will be until we see his actual ability. Also, Pariston's for that matter. I bet his is some dark shit.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Ging blatantly said its not his power and can only mimic strike-type attacks. Plus, he might have had to have been hit to be able to replicate it. Chrollo's power can seemingly copy anything.

He didn't say he can only mimic strike-type abilities. He said IF it's a strike-type ability, it only takes one time for him to mimic it, which implies that he can also mimic non-strike-type abilities, but not as easily as a strike-type ability.

Carnage
Fri, 07-18-2014, 09:07 PM
He didn't say he can only mimic strike-type abilities. He said IF it's a strike-type ability, it only takes one time for him to mimic it, which implies that he can also mimic non-strike-type abilities, but not as easily as a strike-type ability.

There was nothing in his speech bubbles that implied that he could copy non-strike type abilities. All we know so far is that after getting hit by a strike-type ability, he can imitate it.

poopdeville
Fri, 07-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Do we know who taught Ging how to use Nen? Was it Bisuke?

enkoujin
Sat, 07-19-2014, 12:00 AM
Do we know who taught Ging how to use Nen? Was it Bisuke?

No info on this, but I'd like to think Netero taught him.

Bisuke taught Wing how to use Nen, by the way.

poopdeville
Sat, 07-19-2014, 07:33 AM
No info on this, but I'd like to think Netero taught him.

Bisuke taught Wing how to use Nen, by the way.

Yeah, I remember that Bisuke taught Wing. And I am guessing Netero taught her (since Wing is a master of Shingen-Ryu).

Sidnne
Sat, 07-19-2014, 11:53 AM
There was nothing in his speech bubbles that implied that he could copy non-strike type abilities. All we know so far is that after getting hit by a strike-type ability, he can imitate it.

Yes, there was.

"If it's a strike-type attack, just taking it once is enough for me to mimic it."

That suggests that he can mimic any attack. A strike-type attack is not complex and can be mimicked after taking it just one time. A non-strike type attack is more complex and he would need to take/see it more than once to mimic it. It really doesn't get much plainer than that.

Carnage
Sun, 07-20-2014, 09:26 AM
You need to work on you reading comprehension, there's no explicit indication that he can copy any attack, just that copying strike-type attacks are easy for him. This is literally as plain as it gets, because there is no mention of his ability to copy anything else.

poopdeville
Tue, 08-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Oops, I missed the last chapter. Looks like a new one comes out tomorrow, too.

Interesting, it looks like Tserrednich knows who Kurapica is. People on other boards are saying that's Pairo's head (I thought it was a picture of Kurapica)

Also, nen stands. I guess that explains Neon's power. She had a "stand" that acts on its own.

Carnage
Wed, 08-20-2014, 03:41 PM
No new hunter this week? I dont think there was a mention of hiatus two weeks ago. This series is always scanlated last so its tough to tell.

poopdeville
Wed, 08-20-2014, 06:29 PM
/r/HunterXHunter says there's no new chapter. Togashi is sick, supposedly.

Carnage
Wed, 08-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah his lower back is in pain, haitusxhaitus for 2 weeks.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-20/hunter-x-hunter-manga-goes-on-2-week-hiatus-due-to-back-pain/.77790

MFauli
Sun, 09-28-2014, 05:05 AM
And Iīve caught up. 349 is the latest chapter, right? So the wait begins .... :|

Loving what happens past the animeīs end. Not wasting any time and directly jumping to the next big thing, the dark continent.

Although, two things bothered me:

1.) Kurapika gives off such a powerful presence. But arenīt his powers restricted to being used on Spider-members only?

2.) Disclaimer: I realize itīs a fantasy world, but still => So either those V6 continents are super small, as is the known world for humans, OR earth/the planet is ridiculously large, thus featuring a gravity way beyond 1g, which would make life impossible. Outter space or dimensional travel would have been easier to logically accept for me. And itīs somewhat a BIIIG omission to not tell the readers about the worldīs layout during the very beginning of the series. I mean, all of this dark continent stuff was basically common knowledge ever since we saw Gon take off frm Whale Island. Itīs only a big surprise because Togashi was like "lol, you guys dont need to know right now. Hey, lets enjoy the hunter exam and yorkshin and whatever. Iīll tell you later that everything takes place within a giant like surrounded by a monster inhabited mega-continent." :P
By no means a deal breaker, but kinda weird, lol.

Anyway, any hints at when the next chapter releases?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-28-2014, 12:17 PM
same as with Toriko. there's a giant world and the gravity's the same.
maybe whatever is going on in 'the dark continent' is messing around the ecosystem and making it human sustainable?