PDA

View Full Version : Appleseed Fansub?

Tachikoma
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:20 AM
From what I've managed to gather from www.amazon.co.jp and my Japanese friend, the Appleseed DVD is already out. With this in mind, I was wondering if someone is planning to, or has already done, a fansub or DVD w/sub rip?

Has anyone got any news on this? I'm dying to see it, as well as Innocence (any news on a DVD/fansub for this?).

Thanks for any info i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

r3n
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:00 PM
i presume u mean the NEW version of appleseed. i have the OLD version of appleseed on DVD already. i have no idea if the NEW version is out yet

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:39 PM
I can't imagine they mean the old one...I too can't help being impatient about the lack of Appleseed/Innocence...I didn't know a DVD was available yet, I guess since they only came out in April then it might take a while, but then I don't know how long it generally takes for a film to go from cinema to dvd...longer than 2-3 months I presume i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hybridchild
Fri, 06-25-2004, 02:10 AM
CD Japan doesnt list the DVD and if they dont have it its probably safe to assume its not out yet

Hybridchild

Tachikoma
Sat, 06-26-2004, 09:36 AM
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/dvd/B0001925US/249-3059905-9199525

Voila. My Japanese friend said that this appears to be the proper DVD release of the film, but I can't really tell you much myself as I can't read Japanese yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I think the price is 25,880Yen, but it only says 5,880 here because I haven't got the language pack installed on this machine.

I'm not sure if Innocence is listed on Amazon. It could be one of the items without an image. If anyone knows, please tell! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 06-26-2004, 11:48 AM
25,000yen?!?!?!?!?!? that sounds like a hell of a lot, 5,880 would actually make much more sense for a DVD.

*goes to check currency convertor*

yep, 25k is over £130 GBP (or $240 USD).

hybridchild
Sun, 06-27-2004, 06:28 AM
They where the two promo disks released a month or so before the movie, if you look down you'll see one cover wioth Bri and the other one with Deunan each disk was som trailers etc and a fifure of the character on the cover. If you look just below the pics you can see a relaes date of 2004/03/21 as well. You can check them out here
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNBA-3009 and here
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNBA-3008

Hybridchild

Tachikoma
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:04 PM
25,000yen?!?!?!?!?!? that sounds like a hell of a lot, 5,880 would actually make much more sense for a DVDD'oh! Yeah, my bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. For some reason I got it into my head that 25,000Yen was only ~GBP25. I was thinking of something else that I'd seen elsewhere.

The price is only 5,800Yen. I should have realised, as the Yen sign appears as a box if you don't have the character set.

Also, are the discs on CDJapan and Amazon the same? The ones on Amazon don't seem to have the writing on them that the CDJapan discs do? Even so, I would be surprised if the Japanese have got a DVD together so soon after the theatrical release (but it's happened before (in the US)).

hybridchild
Tue, 06-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah they are the release date and price are the same and as the realese date is before the date of the cinema relase theyre not the movie, trust me when its released cd japan will have it

Hybridchild