PDA

View Full Version : i'm so stupid

Junichiro
Wed, 06-23-2004, 11:01 AM
i feel so stupid. i started out with the anime, and like the anime better then the manga. a few weeks ago i read up to last finnished volume. i now know what will happen and it seems like it is taking forever to get to where i stopped. it also makes watching the anime less interesting since i know what will happen. the only thing i will tell everyione is that if you like the anime better never read the manga since it further along. now thast i know how far ahead the manga is from the anime a can pedict that there will be around 2 fillers in the next 6 episodes.

japanaman
Wed, 06-23-2004, 11:05 AM
that is the main reason i dont read the manga, it ruins the anime, but both my roomates do so i do catch bits and peices of the manga. Grrrrr....

Aeon
Wed, 06-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Well you just reassured me that I'm never reading the manga.

Mongoose
Wed, 06-23-2004, 12:10 PM
There aren't any "fillers", because the anime is following the manga faithfully. There haven't been any episodes that went into side stories or anything; this is almost exactly how the manga plays out. The manga doesn't always move fast, though, and there's not always a lot of action in every chapter, so I suppose people get antsy. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Even though I know what's going to happen, it's still fun to see the story with actual moving pictures and color, but yes, if you read the manga, you'll be anticipating the next chapter for stories that the anime won't get to for a year, at least. Does take away the suspense of the episodes.

PSJ
Wed, 06-23-2004, 12:20 PM
the manga is 300 times better than the anime, its great to read the manga, for all those that are uncertain about the manga read up to the point the anime is now around chapter 155 or so and you will notice that the manga is 300 times better.

kilzo
Wed, 06-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah, around 155 and up is where it really gets intense, which would be maybe around 4-5 episodes from now?

IMO reading the manga then knowing whats going to happen in the anime doesnt stop me from wanting to see the anime bad, im more excited in seeing whats going to happen in the next few episodes because it going to be good for the animation and how he brings it all together. Reading the manga, i believe, doesnt ruin the story or anime one bit. (BTW: i cant wait for whats happening in the manga, but the anime's going to have some sick stuff coming up.)

Pyron
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
the manga is 300 times better than the anime, its great to read the manga, for all those that are uncertain about the manga read up to the point the anime is now around chapter 155 or so and you will notice that the manga is 300 times better.

reading manga is 300 times better than anime? i really don't think so. i'd rather watch characters move, have voice actors and music than reading a comic. music is the biggest factor. example, the 3rd's death. the music made that episode pretty sad but if i read it i doubt i'd have the same feeling. manga might be your preference but it definately isn't mine and probably a lot of other peoples'

PSJ
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:23 PM
its much more sad reading it, since he was dying for 10 eps it really took the sadness away. the manga is more emotional than the anime to me. and besides if you got some kind of imagination you can almost hear the characters say the things you read. also you dont need to sit through the god damn fuckin filler shit. things like that takes most emotions out of the anime. but i guess thats what its there for since the anime is originally for kids who cant read the manga...

Mongoose
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Eh, I enjoy the anime just as much. It drags on sometimes because the stuff that gets glossed over in the manga on a single page has to be played out, but the manga's got nothing on the anime for the fight scenes.

z0diac
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:30 PM
I havent read the manga and i dont plan to, but i doubt its 300 times better, maybe 183 times better. Yeah thats more like it ^_^

btw, the anime kicks the manga's ass if only because... THE MUSIC KICKS ASS i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
I cant imagine the fight scenes or the intense moments in Naruto without certain toons. The music just makes it all so much better.

PSJ
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:44 PM
the only thing the anime is better at is fight scenes, the other things is much better in the manga you cant argue about this cause the manga is better, if you dont think so you are wrong.

Mut
Wed, 06-23-2004, 02:14 PM
reading the manga beforehand makes watching the anime so much more fun. i don't know what you're talking about.

Mongoose
Wed, 06-23-2004, 02:50 PM
the only thing the anime is better at is fight scenes, the other things is much better in the manga you cant argue about this cause the manga is better, if you dont think so you are wrong.

Uh, yeah, who am I to dispute a rock-solid argument like that? i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Masamune
Wed, 06-23-2004, 03:00 PM
i have to agree with (hakuna?) mut@t@, having read the manga i enjoy the anime even more

PSJ
Wed, 06-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by: Mongoose

Uh, yeah, who am I to dispute a rock-solid argument like that? i/expressions/rolleye.gif

yea its the best arguement ever i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif no seriously the manga got so much more feel to it. i like manga more than anime in general, to me the manga is always better than the anime. i thought this was rather common but i guess i was wrong.

Pyron
Wed, 06-23-2004, 04:37 PM
no one is right or wrong...its all preference. you like manga? fine...i like anime...fine. there's no real right answer...
whichever form of Naruto you like you might as well stick with it

PSJ
Wed, 06-23-2004, 04:38 PM
yea i know i wa just goofing around since i didnt have anythign to do.

L8r
Wed, 06-23-2004, 05:53 PM
but the best part off reading the manga is when you go to the anime section and they ask some shit and you know the answer.... and they all start to guess what gonna happen next i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
i just find that funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

and if you read the manga and watch the anime you just have 2 diffrent naruto things to look forward to i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

but like Pyron said

whichever form of Naruto you like you might as well stick with it

tensai
Wed, 06-23-2004, 06:37 PM
im not a manga reader, but i have read the first volume of naruto when i was at a book store
it was pretty cool
i just like reading it afterwards to see the similarities and differences/ what they added in the anime and changed, thats all
i dont want to spoil myself by reading the parts that the anime havent reached yet because i would just be watchin the anime to see the animation

but, theres always that temptation

(comparison) in a sense, its like lord of the rings, people whove read it want to see how it would look like, and people whove watched the movie went out and bought the books

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 06-23-2004, 06:54 PM
the manga is better even the fight scenes, though not in motion the detail put into the drawings of the manga far surpasses the drawings in the anime a lot of eps the characters just look wrong, the original is always best and since almost every anime is animated from the "blueprint"(manga) it's obvious which is better but just watching it all animated gives a good feeling so i'd say read the manga it'll do you good you will not have to wait months to finally know what's actually going on right now, take your chance the naruto manga is so easy to download pick it up and read it the coming arc is action packed and i pity the people who only watch the anime and have to wait for what's coming

Mae
Wed, 06-23-2004, 07:09 PM
I think I'll stick with the anime, thanks all the same.....

A good story is a good story no matter how it's told. I think the media is just a matter of personal taste. I like the anime primarily for the voice actors. I think a good voice actor can add a lot to a character's personality and impact. The voice actor for the Third Hokage was excellent and really made you feel for that character, especially his speech about the village as his family. I also really like the voice actors for Jiraiya, Gaara, and Kakshi (off topic, but I read the voice actor (http://animenfo.com/animeseiyuu,138,gabdnw,inoue_kazuhiko.html) for Kakashi also does Aion in Chrno Chrusade and Gunther in Kyou Kara Mao, a versatile guy). I sometimes like and sometimes dislike the voices for Naruto and Sasuke, and the voice actor for Sakura coul do much better, IMO.

I also enjoy the suspense more in the anime, like the scene with Sasuke and Itachi were both looking for Naruto. In the manga you just turn a page and you know. And I like a good soundtrack. And the fights are better. And.......well, definately anime for me.

frexeze
Wed, 06-23-2004, 07:47 PM
some people seem to be pretty pushy about hw everyone needs to read the manga

kupalmaru
Wed, 06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
I think one of the upside if your watching anime rather than manga is the fighting scene.

A good example is when Nije and Hinata fight it out. I think it has a powerfull scene. When they started sluging, the screen started shaking; you can practically fell the intensity of the fighting.

I think in the manga you cannot experience that intensity.

Himura_san
Wed, 06-23-2004, 08:36 PM
The only downside for the manga is if you get a poor scantalation and you cannot make out certain details, otherwise they are both enjoyable to me.

RasenDori
Wed, 06-23-2004, 08:43 PM
i enjoy the manga more b/c i can appriciate the story telling techneques more since i practically study comic books seeing as how my dream is to write them. i some times curse the anime because they made what i thought was a powerful scene in the manga so lackluster. and the suspense in the manga is great when you take the time to look at each indvidual panel instead of flashing through the page like a lot of readers. i find my self looking a copule of panels thinking "what the hell is going on" then it all comes together on the next page and that is a good feeling
but we all have our opinions....i say that those people that arent reading the manga ive it a try...there are many elements that can overshadow things like voices and music if you can apprciate them

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-24-2004, 12:32 AM

You are wrong. Your so wrong that your kind of like a scarecrow only instead of being stuffed with stray you are stuffed with wrong. I call you Wrongcrow!

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 03:50 AM
tried reading the manga darth?

logic
Thu, 06-24-2004, 04:18 AM
I had refused to read the manga for so long, due to the urging of my friend.

I wanted to when I first came upon naruto (my first anime), and eas stoked, it was up to around ep 50 at the time I discovered it, and I don't recall where the manga was, but it was far, far ahead.

It took about 4 days to watch all the episodes (no sleep, uggh). And we all know how the eps leave us with cliffhangers, so when I found out there was a manga that could not only give me my naruto fix, but many more instantly, i was stoked.

Again, my friend urged me not to, saying part of the fun is living with the suspense, not knowing what will happen, and enjoying the 'shock' of things.

Well, I listened, and he was right. He recently decided to read the manga, so I followed in his footsteps.

And, I won't spoil, but yes, I found the manga wonderful, ESPECIALLY from 160-220 now.

220 is the most recent chapter I believe, and let me tell you, the only thing about the manga, is it has much, much worse cliffhangers.

Like, I finished reading ch 220 probably 32 hours ago, and I still have butterflies in my stomach, partly because of the cliffhanger.. but mostly because of what's going on in the story.

Assertn
Thu, 06-24-2004, 01:15 PM
thats because a manga chapter covers half as much as an episode.....so battles and such take longer to reach their resolutions, and thus have more suspenseful breaks

kaigan
Fri, 06-25-2004, 02:47 AM
I prefered both. they all have their own good qualities.

meroko01
Fri, 06-25-2004, 04:56 PM
i think reading the manga and watching the anime are two different things .. for example .. in the manga its more emotional because u read it and decipher whats being said .. in the anime u can enjoy fighting/action scenes more and see their moves in detail ..

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-25-2004, 09:35 PM
tried reading the manga darth?

Yar, I used to get Shonen Jump at my comic store.

The pictures are nicer, but thats to be expected when they don't have to move. Everything else is superior in the anime. Especially the fighting. Excuse me if I think the fight scenes are important in a CARTOON about NINJAS...