PDA

View Full Version : Good anime recommendation

supra33202
Wed, 06-23-2004, 02:45 AM
I just finished Scrapped Princess. I downloaded the bulk download 1-24 from animesuki.com yesterday and finished it tonight. I have to say it. Scrapped Princess is very good. It was beautifully animated. The storyline is interesting. I want to find some completed series like Scrapped Princess, so that I can watch all of them at once.

Currently, I am watching:

Naruto (good storyline, funny, and intense battle scenes)
Initial D (weak storyline but nice racing scenes)
Sailormoon live action (At first I just wanted to see what a live action series is, but then I was hooked)
Ragnarok the animation (wanted to try it, but was disappointed a bit; However, I will continue watch it.)
Sensei no Ojikan (funny and cute anime)
Bakuretsu Tenshi (storyline weak but very nice battles; I am not sure, but I think the mecha are in 3D)

I am really looking for good completed anime (interested in comedy and mecha; I would try other genre of good anime). If there is a bulk download link like Scrapped Princess, that would be nice.

My friend recommended me to watch Hunter x Hunter, but is it too late to catch up all those episodes?

Thanks!

Munsu
Wed, 06-23-2004, 03:26 AM
It's not too late for HxH... go to suprnova or animesuki... it should have them...
Watch the TV series, then the first OVA, then the second ova (Greed Island), then the third OVA (Greed Island Final)... hopefully there'll be more

As for mecha... here are my recommendations... keep in mind i'm not a huge mecha fan... so if i enjoyed them, you'll probably like them too:

Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic? Fummoufu (or something like that, this is simply comedy... not really a sequel in plot, jut character interactions, still good)

Rahxephon
Blue Gender
Gundam SEED and Wing
Neogenesis Evangelion (either you like it very much or you don't like it at all)
Vision of Escaflowne
Samurai 7 (just started... really a samurai series set in the future... mixes samurai and mecha action)

Comedy, also not an expert, but most comedies are like romance comedy type:

Midori no Hibi (about to end)
Green Green
Love Hina
One Piece (very long action/comedy)
Matantei Loki Ragnarok... (i dont know why but i found it very funny at times)
City Hunter (mokkori!!)
Mahoromatic S1 and S2 (also has some mecha)
Great Teacher Onizuka (A MUST HAVE!!!)
Trigun (action/comedy)
Azumanga Daioh
KareKano
Maburaho
Gash Bell (the first anime to make me laugh just by the first look i got from the character (Gash))
Ping Pong Club
And many many others... just about anything you get your hand on

In reality most animes are not purely comedy, but most of them have many instances of comedy...

If you are also looking for action, drama, sports, weird, or current anime recommendations let us know

kilzo
Wed, 06-23-2004, 04:25 AM
Donno, but for me, hands down for mecha's that are a must-see:

Gundam Wing (Gundam Seed just doesnt have that badass effect as the 5 of wing did)
Escaflowne

As for comedy:

Trigun a classic
Tenchi muyo is a great series for some comedy/romance

supra33202
Wed, 06-23-2004, 04:36 AM
I am downloading Samuria 7, but I cannot find Full Metal Panic? Fummoufu, Rahxephon, and Blue Gender at animesuki.com. Do they have different names (Japanese names)? I know that Full Metal Panic was licenced, so animesuki removed the link. However, I watch Full Metal Panic already, so it's not a big problem. I guess that Full Metal Panic? Fummoufu is an ova, is it?

Thanks for the replies!

Munsu
Wed, 06-23-2004, 04:41 AM
you can get them at boxtorrents.com since they are licensed...

Fummoufu is TV

Goingin
Wed, 06-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Airmaster

Can also be found on boxtorrents.com

Btw, just a side note, be sure to seed enough when u download from there, they ban a lot of leechers

ExTREm-San
Wed, 06-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Airmaster can also be found at animesuki.com !

Aeon
Wed, 06-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Gundam Seed
Tokyo Underground(This show has cool characters)
Gungrave

Those 3 completed shows you should take a look at.

Varica
Wed, 06-23-2004, 12:03 PM
I gave you the link in your private messages on animesuki, but I'll tell u again, Hunter x Hunter is still on downloadanime.org. Check your pm's on a-s forum for a direct link. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

supra33202
Wed, 06-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Varica, we meet again.

I am downloading Hunter x Hunter and Rahxephon.

Thank you for all of your replies! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Wed, 06-23-2004, 02:38 PM
people talk about gundam seed so much, but i've been trying to watch it lately and i can't. it's so boring. the characters are stupid in there (like that one pussy ass bitch, frey or whatever) and the gundams aren't even cool. gundam wing is so much better.

supra33202
Wed, 06-23-2004, 03:25 PM
I watched both Gundam Seed and Gundam Wing. I think Gundum Seed is generally better than Gundam Wing. The storyline of Gundam Seed is more compelling, and there are more intense battle scenes. Gundam Wing is too repetitive and long. But don't get me wrong. I like both series because I am a fan of Gundam series.

Yes, Frey is annoying, but she plays an essential role in Gundam Seed -- to motivate Kira to fight.

To tell you the truth, Gundam series are quite boring sometimes even though I told you that I am a gundam fan. Haha. Peace out.

*Don't be offended. Those are my personal opinions only. They are NOT facts.

Thanks!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

glitched
Wed, 06-23-2004, 05:56 PM
i think you will like Vandread, i loved it. (space mechas?) excelent show! (men vs women)
for comedy i would highly recomend furi kuri (flcl) funniest anime ive seen. but i had to watch the entire series a couple times to get everything, and yet i dont get any of it at all! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
(its either 6 or 8 eps, i cant remember right now)

have u checked out the top 100 anime list on animenfo.com?
http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top100.php?l=anime

kupalmaru
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Dude I just want to know if the Anbu Keep sub of the Samurai 7 arethe best.

Gods_Son
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Full Metal Panic

Assertn
Thu, 06-24-2004, 09:18 PM
i strongly recommend "jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu" if you want a comedy series
Deluxe and Final are incredible, but you should still watch through the original series to pick up more on the different characters first

Everon
Thu, 06-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Well absolutes in my mind are:

Gungrave - its fairly recent, and torrents are still around.
Cowboy Bebop - Older classics I suppose, try Suprnova.org

Yeah for mecha Gundam Seed is pretty good.

Midori no Hibi - not complete but its wraping up
Love Hina - old stuff, try website i suggested

badgats
Sun, 06-27-2004, 03:34 AM
gotta see hajimme no ippo i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hakeem_21
Sun, 06-27-2004, 04:42 AM
If you havent watched Kenshin its a must have!

Makunochi Ippo
Sun, 06-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Gto,Inital D, Gungrave, Cowboy Bebop, Hajime no Ippo, and trigun all VERY good.

Noir
Sun, 06-27-2004, 12:30 PM
2 of my personal faves:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Full Metal Alchemist

maxthelostboy
Sun, 06-27-2004, 12:55 PM
i reccomend Read or Dream Tv aka rod tv, I 2nd gungrave! DOn't worry the first eps suck but then they are must see series! I'm also gonna get hunter x hunteri/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

TruthofMistake
Mon, 07-12-2004, 05:46 PM
id recomend furi kuri which is only 6 episodes but its really funny but a lot of ppl dont seem to get whats going on because of the weird plot but its got some hilarious parts that some ppl just dont seem to get until its explained to them..... id also recomend Onegai Teacher which i just saw at a friends its got some comedy in it but is mostly romantic but still great the last episode is hilarious..... trigun is also really funny for the first half id estimate but starts to get more serious towards the end its great though.... martian succesor nadesico seemed kinda funny to me it has mecha action and romance in it to and oddly enough has another anime inside it

supra33202
Mon, 07-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Yes, Nadesico is one of my favorite. It has both comedy and mecha. The first half of Nadesico is super funny. Like other anime, at the end, it got more serious. I also watch Tigun, another good funny anime. I will look for Furi Kuri.

Thank you for all of your replies!

Koyuki
Mon, 07-12-2004, 09:05 PM
No one as mentioned Get Backers? It's really great. And Tokyo Underground is ok.
And all that the other people have mentioned.

Himura_san
Mon, 07-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Hunter X Hunter and Ippo are not complete the manga is still running.

As for complete you may want to check out Bebop, Trigun, Neon-Genesis Evangelion or GTO.

I am watching Irresponsible captain Tylor and I have to say it's quite good for an older show.

Yeah, Mut@t@ I have to agree with you on Gundam Seed, everyone was spastic about it I watched 4 episodes did not get interested and so I put it away. Guess we are the black sheep.

Hokage Inuyasha
Mon, 07-12-2004, 09:46 PM
If you want a great Quality anime, Plus its complete try Junni Kokki AKA the 12 kingdoms. You wont be disapointed. But your attention Span has to be pretty good..

Eurasian
Mon, 07-12-2004, 10:19 PM
did someone just mention fma??? totally love that show, but it's not finished.

i happen to like peace maker kurogane. it's extremely funny. OH YEAH!! Midori No Hibi!! they just finished it. cute~!

Hokage Inuyasha
Thu, 07-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Yes kupalmaru Anbu and keep version of samurai 7 is the One of the best out in my opinion, But Anime kraze is pretty good also. I actually prefer animkraze for all my Inuyasha, Samurai Champloo And Chrono Crusade.

NM
Thu, 07-15-2004, 09:40 PM
If your a MegaMan fan, check out Rockman.EXE and Rockman.EXE Axess (get em from WolfPackProductions, they did a really good job on it). Rockman.EXE already finished and they are working on Axess. I think the latest episode is episode 13.

martyr98
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Well its alreadi licensed n all but i recommend "king of Bandit Jing". Maybe becuase its so...original.

Then theres the "Dead Agressor: Fafner" tat brings bak fond memories of Gundam Seed. Somehow there's da premonition tat bandai's gonna licensed tat in a hurry...

N also waitin impatiently for da conclusion to "Yukikaze" n "Macross Zero"... ^_^

(*i know, i know, they're mostly sorta new n ufinished, but i can't help myself ^_^ *)