PDA

View Full Version : Fansub episode sizes

herophelia
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:14 PM
every other episodes is in the 160s or 170s but episodes 70 and 75 are sixty mBs more than the others. and it's only the anbu subs that are this huge. i'm burning the peisodes for a friend of mine on mini discs and 70 and 75 won't fit. does anybody know of a good english sub for these episodes that is around 160 or 170 MB?

does anybody even know why these episodes are such big files? the spanish and french subs of these episodes are under 180.

any help is really appreciated.

living for inspiration,
Ophelia

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:59 PM
anbu-aone sub for quality and they could not compress it down without either making the screen size smaller or reducing its quality

SilentSnake
Sun, 06-20-2004, 10:21 AM
I thought A/A just took better raws for these episodes (because, for example, someone was faster to release raw before their former "raw-givers" (don't know how to put it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif ) ), could be wrong of course... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

NL|MegaMika
Sun, 06-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Probably because there is a lot of motion in these episodes, which requires more MB's to maintain the bitrate. If you just make them ~170MB, the quality can be reduced a lot (see the episode where Naruto summons Gama Bunta for the first time, AA's quality is completely gone there).

complich8
Tue, 06-22-2004, 02:49 AM
yeah, we decided not to sacrifice quality for size. Usually 175 is fine for naruto, but there's some episodes that beg for more. We try to oblige i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

That's a lot of mini-cds though. Why not full sized cds instead?