PDA

View Full Version : Summons and Demons

Catalyst
Sat, 06-19-2004, 05:25 AM
I was just wandering if there could possibly be ties between the summons and demons in Naruto? It's obvious both types of creatures dont live in the same planes of existence as humans (Gamabunta saying something about it being nice being summoned back into the real world or something when Naruto first calls on him)

Could the summons be like a step below the animal demons and if they perform a task or live long enough get raised, or evolve into demons. Weak ones of course since it seems the older a demon is the more powerful it becomes (Kyubi and its 9 tails, each signifying a hundred years of life I think).

This is complete speculation with nothing whatsoever to back it up but it does maybe seem feasible (to me anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif )

So what are your thoughts?

PSJ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:26 AM
i have no idea about this actually maybe..

Stoopider
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Never mentioned about in the anime. However I hope they actually exist in the real world, but maybe some very very far away place. So we'll probably have a nice arc, where Naruto journey's into the mountains to search for some demon, and asks it to join him kinda thingy. That would be cool.

PSJ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:48 AM
you know these demons they arent unique for naruto, they are borrowed from japanese mythology also jiraiya, tsunade and orochiamru are also borrowed from some sort of japanese culture thingy.

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:33 PM
they are borrowed from a story, in which jiraiya and tsunade are husband and wife, and orochimaru is some wierd sorceror type guy thingy....

Catalyst
Sat, 06-19-2004, 07:15 PM
I've read a bit about the background of nine tails and Gaara's racoon demon but i didnt know that Jiraiya and co were from Japanese culture

RCCharAznable
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
there are a lot of referens of japanese mythology in Naruto. if u look around for some japanese mythology sites and compare some of the stories to Naruto u can find a lot of story likenesses.

kuro
Thu, 07-01-2004, 02:49 PM
yea there a lot of refrences to mythology as well as refrences to modern japanese landmarks. there is a great naruto bridge which lies over the uzumaki straight which is known for its whirlpools.

the more you know... i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Lefty
Thu, 07-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah Jiraiya is a part of ninja lore as being a toad sage. If go out and look you can find a laot of books on ninja mythology, japanese myth's legands, etc.

hinatacretu
Fri, 07-02-2004, 04:17 AM
and i;m pretty sure that i've read about the nine-tail fox somewhere... somewhere.......

Lefty
Sat, 07-03-2004, 03:28 AM
The folk lore behind a nine tle fox is for every hundred years it lives it's gains a tale, so a fox with nine tails is a thousand years old, at this point the fox changes color's to either silver, white or gold. The demon fox in Naruto is based on the Koren fox spirit which are depicted as evil monsters. In Japanese mythology fox's are Benevolant or Malevolent creatures. So yeah Naruto uses alot of Asian folk lore as sorce to draw from.

kuro
Mon, 07-05-2004, 09:01 AM
in naruto kyuubi/naruto have a lot of qualities from different legends, for example like lefty said kyuubi seems to be more based on korean fox mythology but naruto has many trickster like qualities (the many pranks) which are representations of a more traditional japanese kitsune.

Eurasian
Thu, 07-08-2004, 05:02 PM
i don't think that they can just ask a random demon from the mountains to join them. sounds like pokemon or something.

Deblas
Thu, 07-15-2004, 11:29 PM
wow..the more reasons to enjoy naruto i guessi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif