PDA

View Full Version : What the... (Warning, Episode 88 Spoilers)

dmc
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:31 AM
Hi guys,

Just a quick question... firstly, why are Orochimaru's arms moving at all? Secondly, if he can't form seals (and thus, can't form jutsus) why and how is he able to summon his pets to his aid? I mean, save for some pain he doesn't seem to be weakened much at all!

Thanks.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:35 AM
See? this is exactly what the 88 discussion thread is for.

Anyway, I think its cuz sarutobi only cut off the forearms, so he can still move from the shoulder. So called "theories" were given in the 88 thread about the summoning.

Jessper
Sat, 06-19-2004, 05:35 AM
You mean for the cutting of the tree and guy down right? I'm not to sure about the first one with the guy but if you constantly hit pause and play while he is destroying the tree I at least caught a frame where it shows very clearly a foot going across so I would say he is kicking it down crazy fast, as for the snake... Why does everyone forget about Kabuto or think that oro had to have done it? To me it is quite obvious that Kabuto summoned the snake for them.

Anyway, I think its cuz sarutobi only cut off the forearms, so he can still move from the shoulder. Also if you move your body the arms if they are lifeless will follow so he could have just twisted his body real quick and had his arms flail out and bring death =)

wirm
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Don't forget Oro's tongue. He seems to have a nack for using it in fights.

He could easily have licked that first minion to death, lol

Zabuza No Jutsu
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by: wirm
Don't forget Oro's tongue. He seems to have a nack for using it in fights.

He could easily have licked that first minion to death, lol

LOL licking him to death? LOL waht is he...ero-oro? lol!

kilzo
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:45 AM
yeah alot of these questions could be answered by the manga readers so, watch what you ask if really want it answered.

Jessper
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by: kilzo
yeah alot of these questions could be answered by the manga readers so, watch what you ask if really want it answered.

Ya or the Manga readers could save it for the open discussion forum rather than this one.

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:41 PM
the manga doesn't tell you how he killed them. the anime is more descriptive.

Elessar
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:56 PM
And the manga doesn't show how the snake that appears in 88 is summoned. So, well, we can't really answer it. But as Jiraiya passes down the frog summoning to both his pupils (4th & naruto), it wouldn't be too absurd for Kabuto to summon snakes.

chambers
Sat, 06-19-2004, 05:50 PM
kabuto isnt his pupil tho. wasnt it stated that anko was his only pupil?

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:29 PM
orochimaru used his tongue to kill the minion, and then uses his lleg to cut down the tree. he can still use his arms, but they are causing him excruciating pain
the manga actually does show the snake crashing down on the castle
to answer the question of kabuto being his pupil... only manga viewers know, and it is a spoiler (sorry!)

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
kabuto isnt his pupil tho. wasnt it stated that anko was his only pupil?

its true that since kabuto's known as more of a medic-type....then he prolly learned most of his techniques from his adoptive father. But i wouldnt be surprised if he learned a bit from oro as well

Kumiriko
Sun, 06-20-2004, 01:08 AM
The Snake never needed Seals to be summond. Just oro's blood Dragged across the tatoo. and i am sure there are many ways he could have done this without the full use of his arms

jing
Sun, 06-20-2004, 01:47 AM
I am telling you, it came out of his ass. What tatoo? I didn't see any tatoo in the anime?

Locke
Sun, 06-20-2004, 01:50 AM
the writing on the paper is what I think he meant by tatoo.

Mut
Sun, 06-20-2004, 01:55 AM
watch the part where orochimaru summons the snake in the forest of death. orochimaru has a tattoo on his left arm (i think) and he can just smear blood on it to summon his snakes.

wirm
Sun, 06-20-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm not quite sure, but I believe he still did hand seals to summon the snake while Naruto jumped at him.

Anyway, if those sand jounins were able to summon their 3 snakes, I'm sure Kabuto could summon one. He seems pretty strong.

And if that's still not enough for you, perhaps Kabuto summoned the snake using Oro's power, the way Naruto performed the Henge seal for Gamabunta.

EpoC
Mon, 06-21-2004, 02:49 PM
about that tree oro cut down, I think he used his legs there, and jing said he didn't saw a tatoo in the anime, actually there is one on his arms, he used it in the forest of death. and how he did the summoning is revealed later on, I think.

Jessper
Mon, 06-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by: EpoC
about that tree oro cut down, I think he used his legs there, and jing said he didn't saw a tatoo in the anime, actually there is one on his arms, he used it in the forest of death. and how he did the summoning is revealed later on, I think.

Yes, at least in the anime if you pause it or use slow motion on that scene it shows a foot cutting down the tree though it doesn't seem that it would work when he was in bed. I'm still going with my guess that Kabuto summoned the snake for him like wirm said.