PDA

View Full Version : Back to the beginning

Shadow-wolf
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Just curious as to how some of you guys first started watching Naruto, and how you discovered it. I know we have Manga fans that started watching anime after it was introduced, but how about everyone else? For myself, I was trying to download anything associated with "Ninja High School" and a Kazaar seach led me to Naruto. I downloaded one episode and was hooked. An internet search of Naruto led me to G/W and the rest is history.

Board of Command
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Over half a year ago I was on a forum with lots of Naruto fans. I felt left out and was curious to find out what the hell Naruto is, so I downloaded the episodes and was hooked.

Aeon
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:11 PM
After Gundam Seed and Scrapped Princess ended I needed something to watch and since Naruto had it's own forum at Animesuki I decided to try it out.

riftwing
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Saw Naruto Ep 1 was released in aone's topic so I downloaded it to check it out.

fiercekid84
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:07 AM
when i was running out of shows to watch i happen to see naruto in my frens fserve so i d/l 1 epd and hooked like a fish in a pond

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:18 AM
i saw the episode where kakashi and zabuza are doing all the hand seals for water element: dragon blast (or whatever) and i thought it was the gayest thing ever.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:28 AM
I remember reading a summary about Naruto, but it was before I d/l anime, thought it was interesting, then when I was able to d/l anime, about maybe 20 episodes of naruto had been out, I tried it, and continue to watch it ^_^

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:40 AM
A friend of mine sent me the first episode when it came out on fansub. I hated it, I was especially pissed at how hard they were trying to make me feel bad for naruto. Thought it was the cheeziest thing on the face of the planet. Also thought it was the worst artwork ever. So, I dropped it. About a year and a half later, another friend of mine insisted that the series was quite good. Since I generally agreed with him, I sat through it. When Sasuke did that amazing combo on kakashi (which kakashi owned), I was hooked. Marathoned 45 episodes that sitting. I'm glad to have given it a second chance.

Eurasian
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:23 AM
Naruto is like a CRAZE at my school. Everybody watched it at my school and i was really curious. They were giving away free shirts and ppl ripped them and drew the konoha leaf symbol and wore it on their shoulders and heads...and i'm like "damn." i asked my friend if i can borrow whatever she had and this is when episode 72 just came out. i thought it was okay. it took me like 3 days to watch the first two episodes. a whole week for kakashi and the two bells thing. i think i spend 4 days watching the hidden mist thing, so i was really hooked then. i don't think i left the computer when naruto taking the chunnin exam. now i love it and i impatiently wait for it every week.

Kale Ironfist
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:48 AM
my friend had a whole spindle of cds with the title naruto. as soon as i got adsl, i got bored cos id already downloaded everything i could think of. then i remembered that an anime named naruto existed and i didnt have a single episode. so i started downloading. by the time i caught up to the last episode released (65), i had already watched all the others (1-64).

all done within a month (yep, i downloaded and watched 64 eps in a month, it was the holidays i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif)

now, i am the lead naruto distributor around my school and probably the biggest fan of it in my school

Mongoose
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:00 AM
I actually discovered the manga first while browsing the shelves at Border's (who must hate me now, cuz I've read through so many manga graphic novels there without paying). Found out later from a guy at work who was a gung-ho anime fan that there was a related anime, and he introduced me to the wonderful world of BitTorrent. Ah, and to think my interest in anime was flagging before then from starvation...

CyberPunk
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:34 AM
initially, i hated this series with all my heart i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif; especially with other awesome shows out there like texhnolyze and fma. i just thought it was pure bullshit after watching the first 2 or 3 shows. i thought naruto the character was a complete ass and never really felt sorry for him. but i persevered as my friend suggested, and over a few days, i made it up to the haku(that guy owns, even after dying) arc and i discovered that this show was pretty cool.

PSJ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:23 AM
i was downloading flame of recca on DC and i asked around for other ninja animes, a guy told me about naruto so i dled the first 38 eps on DC then i asked when more eps are coming and he introduced me to bittorrent.

GLS
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:12 AM
There was one friend who told me about, and I downloaded a couple of episodes, but was not all that knowledgable on BT so I kinda didnt care.
Another friend had episodes 1-71 on discs so he let me copy them, and the rest is history

Goingin
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Downloaded ep 84 (i think) when it was released by AonE and i liked it so much (dunno why actually, it just grabbed me) i dl'd all the eps and watched 1-83 in 3 days.

And now it leaves me with one ep/week, bah i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mae
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:28 AM
When I first downloaded Naruto they were already to the Chunin exam. I started slow but went through the water country arc in 3 days, very sweet ^_^

Now just one ep a week..... Like eating one Skittle at a time....

I should wait and let them build up, but every time an ep is released I think "Naruto later or Naruto now? Hmmmmmmm," and Naruto now always wins........

NM
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:36 AM
I first saw the Manga in Shonen Jump. It was where Naruto freed Kakashi from Zabuza's water prison. I brought that issue of Shonen Jump to school and my friend asked me if i saw the anime and I was like, "how can i see the anime when its only in Japan???" (i didnt know anything about bt or animesuki or anything). My friend told me where to download BT and told me about Gotwoot and other torrent sites (mainly Animesuki and Boxtorrents). So I started downloading all those batches for Naruto and started enjoying i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Zabuza No Jutsu
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:43 AM
My cousin came over from South Africa (hes originally from Mauritius though) and asked me if i liked Anime. I said i'd never seen anime before really except Pokemon and yu-gi-oh which came on British tV(i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)! He told me to download an episode (thi was at the time 51 was out) so i did. Watched it, and, after a first viewing thinking "what the hell? reading and watching at the same time? impossible!", i re-watched it, got used to the subs and blamm....i was hooked. I never thought of watching old episodes until about episode 75, when i downloaded all the batches from A/A and watched them all in like a week...best week ever! My homework and waht not was obviously never done during that week....as soon as i got home from school it was straight onto the pc and 5 hours of naruto! Wooo! Now it's weekly...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

tensai
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:49 AM
hmm, it was just last year around september or october when one of my friends told me about it. then my other friend was coming over to help me out with some shit and he happened to bring over his laptop with some naruto eps in them. he then started to show me parts of two eps, they are when sasuke fought oro in the forest, and lee fighting gaara in the prelims. after that i dl bittorrent, and naruto. i guess you can say without naruto and my friends help, i wouldnt be here right now

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:04 PM
i went to my frends house last year and he was like 'dood watch this' and i am like 'nah i'll watch wolf rain first' (if still cant believe how stupid i sound at that time). then he was like 'no dood watch this'
and i am like 'whats this about??'. and he was like 'it's bout ninjas' and i was like 'nah man ninja aint cool'. and he pop the disc in anyway regardless how much i wanted to watch wold rain and from then i am glad he pop naruto in instead of wolf rain.

moral of the story: naruto kick major arse

HokageVirus
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:23 PM
my friend likes occasionally to look at discount anime dvds for new shows, and then he downloads an ep or 2 if its not licensed yet and checks it out. got me hooked right away.

L8r
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:10 PM
just watched gundam wing and looked for some new anime on kazza... and found Naruto.
I got all eps til the second seseon... and was like wtf thats it... but then i saw a ep i didnt have..so it was then i relised that it comes a new ep evry week.
And about in the middle of the second seson i found out what torrent was... and short after that i found gotwoot.... and thats about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Dilandau-Sama
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:17 PM
A while back, on all the forums I went to, everybody was talking about Naruto so I decided to watch it. I downloaded into the 60's on Kazaa (XD) and then discovered BitTorrent. I'd be watching episode 82 right now, but 'tis all screwed up for me. =/

P.S. Wah! I hate you guys. Schools filled with people that like anime and watch Naruto.. My school barely has any real anime fans. =(

Assertn
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:19 PM
back when i was into invader zim, the girl who owns "roomwithamoose.com" was sending out a divx encoding of an episode that hadnt been released in the US yet, so i contacted her on AIM to get that, and then we ended up talking about anime and she suggested naruto.....so i got a few, thought it was cool, but waited a few days to watch more, so i could show it to other people at college....and by the time i caught up, it was the early episode 20s, and thats when i found out about animesuki and bittorrent.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:23 PM
btw I downloaded 45 episodes in 1 weekend after starting to watch it. THAT IS INSANE

Gods_Son
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:37 PM
I saw the first episode around the time that the second Zabuza fight was starting. Heard the show was good from a friend.

Zhan
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:01 PM
i watched 1-63 in 2 days..yes i have no life

Hokage Naruto
Sun, 06-20-2004, 07:41 PM
im a hardcore naruto downloader i downloaded it from episode 1. i was looking for good animes when i lookes at something called "Naruto" in some website. i went there, dowloaded it, and said to myself "the storyline is pretty good". and i watched the next one and the next and i was hooked. too bad i had to wait a week for every one though. that really sucked.

theblakeman
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Last Christmas I was bored of all the animes I was watching, which was basically Peace Maker Kurogane and E's Otherwise. I had just finished Hajime No Ippo, which was my favorite anime at the time. This hardcore martial arts guy I know really liked Naruto and so I downloaded it!!! And I went through the entire show up to episode 65 in about 2 weeks. I really loved the show because it was a really long story that I could watch each episode consecutively. Now that I have to wait every week for a new episode, I realize I don't like nearly as much i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Oh well.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-21-2004, 11:44 AM
I was looking for new episodes of yu yu hakusho in irc channels and everywhere i went i saw naruto being mentioned. I finally found some yu yu hakusho i hadn't seen the channel i was in provided a link to get them but to dl them i needed bittorrent. So i got those and watched those and then i couldnt find the rest of the series so i looked for something else to watch. Since i had seen naruto all over the place i decided to try it and see what it was about. i loved it from the first episode. I dl the first 52 episodes from toriyama's world and waited for new ones from them and discovered they were not really realesing them any more and found naruto on gotwoot so i dl the rest up to 66 i think and have waited every week since then for new eps. I had always seen anime from video stores before i got dsl but it is frustrating when they dont get a whole series. i watched trigun up until like 20 then the video store didnt have the rest, how frustrating but luckily i got a friend to dl it for me, so now i just dl stuff because i can get all the eps.

Assertn
Mon, 06-21-2004, 11:58 AM
whoa, there's a TW of 52??

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-21-2004, 08:07 PM
sorry, guess it was 51 not 52.

kilzo
Mon, 06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
got bored one day, a friend told me about naruto, said it was about ninjas, but i wasnt really interested at first, but then another friend of mine gave me an access to his ftp and it had like 1-60 on there, so i check out the first one and i was hooked, i downloaded all of them and watched them all in a day and a half. (it was spring break, wasnt much else to do at home)