PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 220 Discussion[Manga] Spoilers

The Troublesome One
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:14 AM
http://www.jiraiya.us/manga/JOJO+BAKAFISH_naruto_ch220_lq.zip

PSJ
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:44 AM
ok please no more of these summaries. stop the evil.

RasenDori
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:20 PM
i agree with the pervert

The Troublesome One
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:33 PM
What's the problem?

The Lord of Morning
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:08 PM
its bad enough we read the raw and cant really read the text with the images, but a summary without even the pics is just bad.

tell us if a raw comes out but dont do these summaries

The Troublesome One
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Meh, I'll leave in the summaries but next time I'll warn people so that they know not to read the topic.

Raven
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:42 PM
The raw is out at Narutofan, but it's crap quality.

Fox Fire
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:58 PM
why the hell is it that color!?

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:07 PM
ok this chapter is gonna suck

The Troublesome One
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Why do people hate flashbacks that are new? I mean if it was flashbacks of something we've already seen then fair enough, but the flashbacks in this chapter are all new, so why the hate?

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:38 PM
we hate because this is not the time for a flash back jsut kick each others ass and have the flash back afterwards now we get all hyped waiting for what's gonna happen and we get a stupid flashback, the flash back might be a good one but still i wanted to see some fighting screw sasuke's past we all know he's a bitch anyway so why restate the facts again

Mut
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:38 PM
i guess we're gonna find out more about the uchiha clan... man, it's gonna be gay as hell if itachi isnt the one who killed his clan, i'ma be like "wtf mate^^"

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:45 PM
that would really suck and be the most idiotic plot twist ever

Destroyor
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:12 PM
When they said it's low quality it IS low quality, plus I suspect the color does not come with the raw but edited ....

Ok no summary it is ...

Yet another luke warm chp.

CyberPunk
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:20 PM
i think it'd be even lamer if itachi did kill his clan for the sole reason of "i wanted to see what i was capable of".

and deluxskillz, grow the fuck up.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:28 PM
cyberpunk WTF are you talking about!!!??? why would that be stupid atleast he had a reason for killing them, if someone else killed them why did kishimoto set all this up so that we think itachi murdered them all, it would be stupid to reveal now that someone else did it would give sasuke's entire life no meaning because he has been living to kill his brother so who's supposed to grow up here? this entire chapter is just another flashback to try to get the readers to sympathize with sasuke now i don't like sasuke i'm not saying you shouldn't either but to me he sucks, but even though i hate him it would be a totally insane idea to suddenly reveal that itachi is not the killer even i don't feel that sasuke's charachter should be tortured like that so what was your point in telling me to grow up? just because i state my opinion does that mean í act like a little child no so don't ever tell me to grow up

CyberPunk
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:41 PM
it's called good story writing. we all know how kishimoto likes to twist things up in his plots. i was telling you to grow the fuck up because your previous responses were infantile, "this chapter is gonna suck...yea, i can't read it yet, but i know it's gonna suck because i hate sasuke and he sucks.". jesus christ, it's a fucking story.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:48 PM
so what if it's a story a story can suck, and to me this chapter already sucks although i don't even know yet what they're all saying it doens't matter the fact that this chapter is a flashback made it suck it came at the wrong time IMHO so to me it sucks...so who gave you the right to tell me to grow up because i'm 100% sure at one time in your life you had the same thing with an anime/manga if you like this that's okay but respet my opinion when i think it sucks

Mut
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:08 PM
anything about itachi = awesome.

Destroyor
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
cyberpunk WTF are you talking about!!!??? why would that be stupid atleast he had a reason for killing them, if someone else killed them why did kishimoto set all this up so that we think itachi murdered them all, it would be stupid to reveal now that someone else did it would give sasuke's entire life no meaning because he has been living to kill his brother so who's supposed to grow up here? this entire chapter is just another flashback to try to get the readers to sympathize with sasuke now i don't like sasuke i'm not saying you shouldn't either but to me he sucks, but even though i hate him it would be a totally insane idea to suddenly reveal that itachi is not the killer even i don't feel that sasuke's charachter should be tortured like that so what was your point in telling me to grow up? just because i state my opinion does that mean í act like a little child no so don't ever tell me to grow up

You've never seen G gundam, have you?

Check ... and mate.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:39 PM
destroyor no i haven't because gundam sucks so no check and no mate for you, gundam is a stupid anime and i won't argue about it because it is

Kalean
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Let's just quickly recap. All we know FOR SURE about Itachi's past, not counting whatever 220's words are, is that a) Sasuke said he had unbearably good Shuriken skills. b) He showed his brother his 'murder' of the Uchiha clan, which could easily have been a fabrication, using the mangekyou sharingan. (After all, I somehow doubt that at any time Kakashi was stabbed by 70,000 Katanas, or even he would not have lived through it, but the mangekyou sharingan made him live through that.) c) He always tells Sasuke that he's too weak, and he doesn't hate enough, that he should get stronger, which started that very night.
d) He was in the room RIGHT after his parents died for sure.

Given these facts, I think it would be significantly less intelligent to make Itachi the murderer, when you consider that the last thing you'd want to do, being the murderer of your entire clan, is leave your brother alive, and tell him to get strong enough to kill you. I guarantee you there are plenty of people who can kill Itachi, if he wanted to commit suicide or test his limits, they would all do very nicely. We also know that at several points he could have killed Kurenai, but didn't. The same goes for Sasuke. If Itachi was a cold blooded murderer, these things would make very little sense at all. However, if on the other hand, he arrived after the murder had taken place and/or failed to stop it somehow, it would make a LOT of sense to keep Sasuke's focus on him, rather than having sasuke look for the real killer, and at the same time, if Sasuke DID get strong enough to beat Itachi, he'd be strong enough to defend himself from the killer. There really is a lot more going for the 'not killer' idea than there is for the 'killer' idea. And besides, don't animes have enough bad ass evil characters that only fight to test their limits already? You'd all really begrudge us one extremely badass and enigmatic good guy? Seriously. Get over it.

Terracosmo
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
destroyor no i haven't because gundam sucks so no check and no mate for you, gundam is a stupid anime and i won't argue about it because it is

Not only does he have PMS and forgot to take his pills, he has no taste either!
Like you even saw any Gundam series except perhaps Wing.
And I'm going to restate the following: "Grow the fuck up."
And learn how to write sentences, you little 5 year old you.

I for one am really looking forward to this chapter being translated.

CyberPunk
Fri, 06-18-2004, 08:03 PM
back to the discussion at hand; i grabbed this from animesuki's forums. quote is from tsurumaru.

"Chapter is called Itachi & Sasuke

Its really hard to read the kanji in the raw but it appears that it starts with a flashback within a flashback. Itachi is carrying Sasuke piggy back because earlier during shuriken training Sasuke tried to train with his brother (who once finishing his own training just wanted to go home) and Sasuke ended up injuring his knee.
Itachi therefore carries him back to the Uchiha village. On the way back they pass the "Honbu" of the Konoha something or other (cant make this out) Honbu = Headquarters btw. Then theres something about what the Uchiha Clan symbol represents. Sasuke asks Itachi if he will train at the Honbu as that is where their dad is (and he's amazing). Itachi doesn't seem too sure but Sasuke is psyched that he will one day join and become strong like his brother.
Then they spot their father who wonders where they have been, he needs to talk to them.
Next there father sums up Itachi's achievements (Chuunen and Anbu member) at such a young age, he seems amazed (and perhaps slightly distirbed) this has been accomplished by his own son.But he tells Itachi that the next morning he will have to go to meet with someone very important (Its actually an Uchiha family member but i cant quite read their first name something like "ichizoku" perhaps its the leader of the Uchiha clan???) anyhow his father is telling him this like he has no say in the matter. Itachi however doesn't want to attend as he has something else he wants to do, their father however is outraged that Itachi would pass over on this meeting untill Itachi explains the exact reason why he doesn't want to leave in the morning to visit that person. Tomorrow is Sasuke's first day at the Academy and will be his entrance ceremony (it looks like he has promised Sasuke he would be there). On hearing this their father suddenly remembers this, and completely understands Itachis motive and agrees with him.

Firstly I'd like to say in my defense I'm pretty tired and secondly that my Japanese gets worse by the day So please dont take my word for it, wait for the official translations, hopefully this will give you a very rough guide of what is going on though........

Also I think there's some strange subtext going on here between Itachi and his father that I dont have a hope in hell of picking up, he seems to be proud and yet fearful of Itachi's power and there are a couple of strange looks that pass between father and son, perhaps he is trying to control Itachi a little too much.......

Anyhow please wait for the official translations to make this all a bit clearer.

The most interesting point to come out of the chapter seems to be that for all his remoteness Itachi seems to actually have cared about his brother....."

wow...this is turning out to be a crazy story. hopefully inane's translation won't take too long.

Zhan
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:20 PM
hmmmm...good shit good shit, i like the sound of it!

Mut
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:32 PM
well shit, if i was itachi's dad i'd be a little scared too. the kid is freaking strong, but super smart too.

there is a higher quality raw by same group who released the low quality raw at narutofan.

Zhan
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:38 PM
hmm well from that post i just read it seems like itachi does care for sasuke, and he use to be good...but y he turn bad??? is it because his father is evil? well i dont know y but i have a feeling his father had more evil intentions that itachi.....

Hybrid
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by: CyberPunk
But he tells Itachi that the next morning he will have to go to meet with someone very important (Its actually an Uchiha family member but i cant quite read their first name something like "ichizoku" perhaps its the leader of the Uchiha clan???).

I believe I've heard the words "Uchiha ichizoku" a few times in the anime, and it's always been translated as "Uchiha Clan". Not entirely sure, though.

Edit: OK, after watching ep 84, I'm sure now. Maybe you read it wrong, and it's not anyone's name in particular.

CyberPunk
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:02 AM
dude, i didn't say anything. i quoted from another site.

Naruto_-_Kun
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by: Kalean
Let's just quickly recap. All we know FOR SURE about Itachi's past, not counting whatever 220's words are, is that a) Sasuke said he had unbearably good Shuriken skills. b) He showed his brother his 'murder' of the Uchiha clan, which could easily have been a fabrication, using the mangekyou sharingan. (After all, I somehow doubt that at any time Kakashi was stabbed by 70,000 Katanas, or even he would not have lived through it, but the mangekyou sharingan made him live through that.) c) He always tells Sasuke that he's too weak, and he doesn't hate enough, that he should get stronger, which started that very night.

Given these facts, I think it would be significantly less intelligent to make Itachi the murderer, when you consider that the last thing you'd want to do, being the murderer of your entire clan, is leave your brother alive, and tell him to get strong enough to kill you. I guarantee you there are plenty of people who can kill Itachi, if he wanted to commit suicide or test his limits, they would all do very nicely. We also know that at several points he could have killed Kurenai, but didn't. The same goes for Sasuke. If Itachi was a cold blooded murderer, these things would make very little sense at all. However, if on the other hand, he arrived after the murder had taken place and/or failed to stop it somehow, it would make a LOT of sense to keep Sasuke's focus on him, rather than having sasuke look for the real killer, and at the same time, if Sasuke DID get strong enough to beat Itachi, he'd be strong enough to defend himself from the killer. There really is a lot more going for the 'not killer' idea than there is for the 'killer' idea. And besides, don't animes have enough bad ass evil characters that only fight to test their limits already? You'd all really begrudge us one extremely badass and enigmatic good guy? Seriously. Get over it.

Hehe i said pritty much exactly the same thing in a thread i made up, of what me and some of my mates were saying i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i agree with wat u've said

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:45 AM
That sounds damn cool indeed, now I -really- can't wait for the translation!

PSJ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:54 AM
hmm i guess its more likely that he didnt kill them, in the flashback sasuke had when he killed them he did it by chopping of their heads with a katana when they stood on ther knees, thats no way to test your skills. and this chapter sounds very interesting i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

off topic: terracosmo the similarity IS striking i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif did you do that chibi of yourself?

Hotsuma
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by: Kalean

WTF you talking about? Itachi and Uchiha suck! Everything non-Naruto sux!

Okay, seriously though. I couldn't agree more. Itachi's motives are unclear, even to Kisame. Saying Itachi is a complete bad guy is just looking at it from the surface.

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:29 PM
should change the show name to itachi .. an this forum the lovers & haters of itachi. notice how most topics somehow lead to itachi talk..

if they do tell the story of the Uchiha clan it going to be from sasuke point of view, so no matter what itachi killed his family.... until itachi himself says otherwise. which i think itachi will be killed before he has the chance, not like anyone is really wanting to hear him tell why he did such a thing maybe kabuto cause his a sticky beck.

Elessar
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:40 PM
I think this flashback will impact the story a good deal.

After this Naruto will lose to Sasuke and Sasuke will go straigt to Orochimaru.
Naruto will shortly after meet Itachi again, asking him why he did that, he obviously was a caretaking brother. Then we will know the truth. Plotwise, I can't figure out why else Sasuke should tell Naruto that stuff, as explaining Itachi as caretaking doesn't really proof his anger against him.

This would also give birth to the following possible scenario:
Orochimaru killed the Uchiha clan in order to obtain the sharingan but the Uchihas all shut it down, rather dying than handing over their secret. The fact that Itachi survived would fit into Oro's statement that Itachi is stronger than he is - he couldn't kill him.
Based on that we could imagine Itachi joining Akatsuki to spy on Orochimaru's advance on Sasuke just like Jiraiya did, tailing Oro after he left the leaf. Even Itachi allying with the leaf genins to get Sasuke back would be possible. Remeber Tsunade saying that the sharingan is a major weapon of the leaf and should not be lost.
After Itachi clarified the events, I don't think she would oppose his return.

Would be a nice plot twist and provide a nice new base for the story to advance from. It would also make up for some nice fights, a large scale attack Leaf vs Sound for example. Naruto, Itachi, Kakashi, Gai, Lee, Jiraiya - all side by side. Great fights indeed.

Always remember : Itachi is japanese for weasel - and the weasel is the natural enemy of the snake.

[i]Edit:
@viciousHyuuga:
well, Itachi either provides THE major plottwist so far that was built up from chapter 1 on as I outlined above, or he plays a big role in the important foreshadowing "Naruto vs Akatsuki" arc. Yet little about him is known, besides the impression that he will be very important. It's only natural that he gets a great deal of interest.

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:45 PM
i don't understand people who think itachi isn't a bad guy.

this is why i think itachi is a bad guy.

he's a psycho. he can be be all loving and friendly (like how he is shown in ch 220), but inside, he's really a crazy maniac capable of killing everyone. so going back to the uchiha massacre. that night he does kill everyone using them as his measuring stick (who cares if we didn't see him do the actual killing, what's to say that he didn't do it?). sasuke runs his prissy ass home and finds everything desecrated and cries. blah blah itachi let's him live because he knows that only an uchiha can beat him so he wants sasuke to become stronger and fight him later for another measure of his strength. that's why he only killed the uchihas.

BUT, then people could say "well, why doesn't he fight people like sannins or other kages if he really wanted to test his strength?"

answer: i dunno. maybe itachi can't get over the fact that only uchihas are capable of killing him that's why he doesn't bother with others. my theory isn't sound or anything but it's the most logical to me. i'll be waiting for someone to call me dense or something because i'm not thinking more deeply into the situation like most of you have.

-------
i don't think this theory (which i think is the most common) is even remotely possible cuz it's absolutely illogical.

someone else killed the uchiha clan (probably orochimaru because he wants the sharingan) so itachi decided to take the blame. this makes sure that sasuke doesn't go for the real killer and get killed. sasuke ends up persuing itachi (the accused killer) and doesn't bump into the real killer and in the end itachi let's him know of everything.

this theory is just plain dumb. if orochimaru wanted to take any of the uchiha's i'm almost 100% positive that he could have. i am sure that orochimaru could've kicked everyone's ass 5-6 years ago and i doubt that itachi would've been able to stop him then. and IF orochimaru did do it, why didn't he just go after itachi or sasuke then? was itachi that much stronger than orochimaru? why i guess itach is either considerably stronger than orochimaru or orochimaru is just weak as hell (which he is not so i guess it's the first one). also, wouldn't it be a lot easier and safer for itachi to just tell sasuke that someone else was the real killer and they should get stronger together to go beat the real killer?

if there are more theories which you guys think is more logical than what i wrote, let me know.

and as for itachi not killing the people he's faced so far. he can't kill any of those people. this isn't FMA. anyone that has been introduced and given a name cannot be killed in this story. him killing any of the jounins he fought is just stupid.

Zhan
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah, if itachi really did care for sasuke or is the *good guy* he wouldn't have had sasuke to lead a dark life by making it think its itachi that killed everyone..

Elessar
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Well, yes, but Itachi staying the second bad guy is plotwise just plain boring.
And personally, I want a good story development, not a cool bad dude.

Terracosmo
Sat, 06-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
off topic: terracosmo the similarity IS striking i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif did you do that chibi of yourself?

Yep. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Using my non-existant but one day might be existant painting skillz.

Hokage-IV
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by: Elessar
Well, yes, but Itachi staying the second bad guy is plotwise just plain boring.
And personally, I want a good story development, not a cool bad dude.

It has something to do with the clan Internal affairs .The plot is similiar to another ninja anime, Tokiya Mikagami of Flame of Recca .

Knives122
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:02 PM
G gundam had a lot of people not being appreciated, but G Gundam in my opinion was one of the better ones

Masamune
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:27 PM
enjoyed this chapter
been a while since we had a good flashback

Sidnne
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:53 PM
OK, I haven't chimed in on this one yet, but I'm going to.

I just read the BakaFish translation and IMO this is one of the most boring and pointless chapters yet. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm interested in the whole Uchiha Clan thing also. But I question the timing on this one. Is this really the right time to have Sasuke flashbacks of his childhood with his father and Itachi? Shouldn't that be during a fight between Sasuke and Itachi? And not during a fight between Naruto and Sasuke, while Naruto is trying to save Sasuke from falling into Orochimaru's hands?
And then to dedicate an entire chapter to a flashback, and it looks like the flashback may continue into the next chapter as well. I'm sorry but I don't think that this is the right time to throw this into the story. Everyone has been anticipating the Naruto vs Sasuke battle since the formation of team 7 and as soon as it begins we are back to Sasuke and Itachi again.

The timing here takes away from the flashback part of the story in my opinion, because at the moment I am not very interested or focusing on something that happened with Sasuke and his family. My primary interest is focused on the battle that began 2 chapters ago between Sasuke and Naruto. And so, to me, having this flashback now takes some of the fire out of both story lines.

Himura_san
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:15 PM
I enjoyed this chapter because the story is going back to the demise of the Uchiha Clan which we really don't know too much about. Hopefully it will answer the question of what is Itachi's real motives and whether he was really the one behind the massacre or if there was another person responsible.

Assertn
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:34 PM
i think its great how out of nowhere they pull out more flashbacks of itachi and sasuke when we all thought that what they gave us way back in the previous saga was all we were gonna ever see.

Either some of you get off on the non-plot contributing parts of naruto, or you hate itachi just cause people like him (which makes me wonder if im the only person who is neither obsessed towards NOR against him)

Some people should stop being lame, please.

Knives122
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by: Sidnne
OK, I haven't chimed in on this one yet, but I'm going to.

I just read the BakaFish translation and IMO this is one of the most boring and pointless chapters yet. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm interested in the whole Uchiha Clan thing also. But I question the timing on this one. Is this really the right time to have Sasuke flashbacks of his childhood with his father and Itachi? Shouldn't that be during a fight between Sasuke and Itachi? And not during a fight between Naruto and Sasuke, while Naruto is trying to save Sasuke from falling into Orochimaru's hands?
And then to dedicate an entire chapter to a flashback, and it looks like the flashback may continue into the next chapter as well. I'm sorry but I don't think that this is the right time to throw this into the story. Everyone has been anticipating the Naruto vs Sasuke battle since the formation of team 7 and as soon as it begins we are back to Sasuke and Itachi again.

The timing here takes away from the flashback part of the story in my opinion, because at the moment I am not very interested or focusing on something that happened with Sasuke and his family. My primary interest is focused on the battle that began 2 chapters ago between Sasuke and Naruto. And so, to me, having this flashback now takes some of the fire out of both story lines.

your telling me I could harldy read any of that crap about family give me a break, bottom line IT WAS CRAP

Aegeon
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Wierd... Itachi missed an important mission so he could go to Sasuke's ceremony at the academy.

Knives122
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:11 PM
that was supposed to be when he was "good"

Himura_san
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:15 PM
<sarcasm>Yes too much text to read is boring bring on the bam bam action</sarcasm>
It must suck having ADD?

Stoopider
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:17 PM
I think Kishimoto's trying to build on something here. The relationship between Sasuke and Itachi. We haven't seen anything of that. But showing that the Uchiha clan have always guarded the peace of the Konoha village, really add's an interesting point of view to it. Maybe there's more to meets the eye about the Uchiha clan in it;s role in the Konoha village.

I thought it was a good chapter. A bit sidetracking.. But it does give time for Kishimoto to 'think' it out how the Naruto vs Sasuke fight is going to turn out. Hope it's a cool one.

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:21 PM
like i said before boring chapter it was all about the little fag boy finally getting some attention from his bigger brother and it's probably gonna continue next week omg the agony, like someone said before this flashback is misplaced

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:01 PM
how is this flash back missplaced. you forget sasuke is who is now cause of itachi, all tthe little fuker thinks about is itachi .. ITACHI ITACHI ITACHI much like most of you people. the comic is just trying to get us to hate itachi an understand why sasuke is running to oro (the micheal jackson shinobi) haha

now as for itachi killing his clan we wont know till itachi says something about it. stop making conclusions that he didnt as far as facts go he did it!

Raven
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:49 PM
I thought this chapter was great, TBH. I'm really keen to get a better sense of the relationship between Itachi and Sasuke. The chapter demonstrates that Sasuke really idolized his brother, he thought the world of him.

That's probably one of the main reasons that Sasuke is so angry now: not only because his family was killed, but from the ultimate betrayal of the one he thought so highly of.

People are complaining a lot about the placement of this flashback, but I really think it will lead to something. Something will happen as a result of this, some kind of higher plot development. Maybe we'll see Itachi again soon, I just have a feeling.

Sidnne
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:34 AM
how is this flash back missplaced. you forget sasuke is who is now cause of itachi, all tthe little fuker thinks about is itachi .. ITACHI ITACHI ITACHI much like most of you people. the comic is just trying to get us to hate itachi an understand why sasuke is running to oro

But this is stuff we already know and have known forever. We don't need more flashbacks to show us why Sasuke is running off to gain more power or why he wants to kill Itachi so badly. We know already. There is no need to have this flashback at this point in the story. If he was fighting Itachi, then I have no problem with this flashback, it adds to the story and makes us more interested in the battle at hand. But Sasuke isnt fighting Itachi right now, he is fighting Naruto and a flashback about Sasuke's relationship with his father and brother does not pertain to what is going on right now in the story.

This chapter did not progress the story at all, that is why it was boring to me. To me it was as relevant and as interesting as the Sakura and Ino flashbacks. And the proof of this is in everyone's posts. We are all discussing if this chapter was boring or not, and speculating about Itachi, instead of talking about something that took place in the chapter. The reason is because nothing memorable took place during this chapter that is worth discussing.

oscar
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:38 AM
ah well, i see a lot of guys complainin about how the chapter was bad, i mean , c´mon its like complainin about some dog crap u just stepped on, its still gonna be there. well i think i just transmited my opinion bout how the chapter was.

Rocktar
Sun, 06-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Inane version is out on IRC and other websites.

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 01:13 AM
the manga doesnt usually include useless stuff.....

keep in mind, that the manga version of haku and zaku's flashbacks are MUCH shorter than the anime versions....
for them to pull out all new flashbacks at such a crucial time.....you'd think that he's trying to clue the readers in on something new that is good to know with regards to this whole sasuke being evil ordeal. The flashbacks showed a side of itachi that none of us knew, so dont be saying that its nothing new for you, Sidnne.

And you guys shouldnt jump to any hasty opinions about it until the flashbacks are done with. Far too many times do i see people quick to bitch about something, only to find that next week more than proves the logic behind the occurence of the offender in question.

Raven
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:36 AM
hmmm.....I don't really mind too much, but slightly disappointing to have no coloured panels in Inane's version. And they translated it to Police Force, different from Bakafish's version.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Yawn...

it's such a misplaced chapter, should've been either before or kept for later... after months of half-pointless fights, we're finally getting to this arc's climax, and this is what we get...

Yawn...

don't get me wrong, i'm all in for flashbacks and mentally crushing Sasuke, but this chapter really doesn't fit in. We need to see them fighting, not bonding with thier families!

man, just thinking about this chapter makes me sleepy, most of the stuff there probably weren't even relevent...

Yawn, yawn, yawn....

Elessar
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:39 AM
The main sentence in this chapter may be the "think about how important this mission is for the Uchiha clan".

For generations, this clan provided the police, building an unquestioned authority that - because of their blood - no one could oppose. As I tend to be a little bit paranoid, I smell a conspiracy.

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 06-20-2004, 10:20 AM
don't get it from narutofan they leave out inane's colored pages too bad no color page for chapter 220 yet though probably next week

RasenDori
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:13 PM
this chapter was ok...i think that we will find out the importance of it soon enoguh
as for the placement of this chapter i feel it was placed in a decent moment...weve seen waaaay too much action
its about time that the manga slows down for a moment and remind us that there is a godd story at hand

xtort
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by: Elessar
I think this flashback will impact the story a good deal.

This would also give birth to the following possible scenario:
Orochimaru killed the Uchiha clan in order to obtain the sharingan but the Uchihas all shut it down, rather dying than handing over their secret. The fact that Itachi survived would fit into Oro's statement that Itachi is stronger than he is - he couldn't kill him.

Always remember [iirc]: Itachi is japanese for weasel - and the weasel is the natural enemy of the snake.

Well, I have to completely agree with Elessar. This has been the first issue about Itachi that's got my attention, mostly because it completely changes the "face" of Itachi, and what we know of him. I think, like Elessar, that this issue significantly changes this story, and hopefully, it's for the better. Things seem much more complex than previously known, and the possibility exists that ... well ... Itachi is not the bad guy people think. First Gaara... who next?

And I concur Elessar, naturally, weasels are the enemy of snakes. Good storytelling, no?

-xtortout

PSJ
Sun, 06-20-2004, 02:57 PM
that sounds somehow really good. that weasel, snake thingy.

Destroyor
Sun, 06-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Now I said that this chapter is lukewarm I DO mean that it's lukewarm. IMHO I think that this chapter is either going to be crap or the foundation of something great. One of the saving grace of G gundam is actually the "evil" guy turn out to be "good" plot so something similar could happen here. BUT! But after remembering the "omg Lee could die if he goes to operation and suffering bs and turn up like ... at most half a week later alive and kicking" well this could be just crap buildup, so I still haven't decided whether this chp is crap or gold.

Crap?
Gold?

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 06-20-2004, 03:19 PM
kinda of a boring chapter hope the next one will be better

obake
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Just got a thought; lemme know if this sounds plausible or not.

I think we can all agree that it not being Itachi who destroyed the Uchiha would be a major plot twist; the controversy is over whether it'd be a good one or not.

Here's my idea:

Itachi comes, sees everyone dead, but sees the murderer as he/she is escaping. Sasuke walks in next, seeing his dead parents and Itachi. Itachi immediately realizes that he and Sasuke are the last of the clan, and that in order to get revenge for the destruction of his clan, he's going to need all the help he can get. After all, he's strong, but do you really thing he's strong enough (at that point) to destroy an entire clan of shinobi who are there to enforce the rules imposed on other shinobi? In order to get Sasuke to grow as strong as possible, he tells him that he (Itachi) killed the clan, knowing that Sasuke's going to train harder if he thinks it was his brother and not some random person who killed everybody. When Itachi and Sasuke met at the inn, Itachi found out that Sasuke was still not strong enough, and let him go on believing that it was he (Itachi) who killed the clan. Only when Sasuke gets strong enough will Itachi reveal the truth and they'll go off and kill whoever killed their clan.

I doubt this is what happened, but does it at least sound plausible?

CyberPunk
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:50 PM
sasuke is going to kill itachi regardless of what he says.

Saruto
Sun, 06-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
this chapter was ok...i think that we will find out the importance of it soon enoguh
as for the placement of this chapter i feel it was placed in a decent moment...weve seen waaaay too much action
its about time that the manga slows down for a moment and remind us that there is a godd story at hand

What are you talking about that weve seen wayyy too much action?...are you gay?

common the best thing in naruto is the action!! ..yeah the story is good but more it have action ..more its good.

RasenDori
Sun, 06-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by: Saruto

Originally posted by: RasenDori

What are you talking about that weve seen wayyy too much action?...are you gay?

common the best thing in naruto is the action!! ..yeah the story is good but more it have action ..more its good.

i really dont think that being annoyed by the continuous action that we have seen so far makes me gay...
maybe you should grow up a bit and refrain from useing the insults you made it through jounior high with
my personal favorite thing about naruto isnt the action...any comic/manga writer can write a fight sceen
its character development that makes a good story...if you want loads of action go back to DBZ and let the intellegent people continue this discussion

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 07:38 PM
no matter what.....itachi has to be the person who kills his clan......ESPECIALLY in these flashbacks

because these flashbacks are from sasuke's perspective, and if we see itachi was framed, or didnt actually kill the clan, then that means that sasuke knows that. Therefore contradicting the reason why sasuke is so determined to kill itachi.

RasenDori
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
no matter what.....itachi has to be the person who kills his clan......ESPECIALLY in these flashbacks

because these flashbacks are from sasuke's perspective, and if we see itachi was framed, or didnt actually kill the clan, then that means that sasuke knows that. Therefore contradicting the reason why sasuke is so determined to kill itachi.

exactly...thats an excellent point.
i think the flashbacks are meant to show itachis dramatic change in character

Zhan
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:13 PM
i believe he killed the clan for a god damn good reason..maybe something like the hokage ordered him to i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif nah i dunno

Mut
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: ZhanZhao
i believe he killed the clan for a god damn good reason..maybe something like the hokage ordered him to i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif nah i dunno

horrible reason.

DeluxSkillz
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:44 PM
they're just showing us why sasuke looked up to his brother, probably his brother flipped from all the pressure he had that's what i feel happened to him because his father kept saying how this mission was gonna be important for his future and a place in the anbu, so when he finally did become an anbu the killing and the praises of his power got to his head and his goal in life turned into growing stronger so then when he actually killed his entire clan he felt regret for what he had done and spared sasuke's life hoping that sasuke would hate him enough to kill him in the end, then you ask why didn't he just let himself be killed? well probably he thought he couldn't turn back any more and decided he should continue on living hoping that one day sasuke would kill him to avenge the uchiha clan, itachi was probably afraid to turn himself in and be executed so he fled the village and continued living for that day he gets killed...probably just bullshit but i'm bored i really hope chapter 221 continues the fight

kaigan
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:00 PM
after reading chapter 220, i strongly believe now that itachi didn't kill his family to prove something. It has to be something else. damn, time needs to move faster now.

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:13 PM
maybe the uchihas were corrupt with the power they had in the police corps or something.....and so itachi had to kill them all

although if this is the case, i still dont think we'd see it in these flashbacks, since all sasuke knows about itachi's reasoning is the "measuring stick" excuse

CyberPunk
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:16 PM
i'm pretty sure the next chapter is gonna be more flashback with "that day" referring to the day of sasuke's ceremony.

Raven
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Thinking back to Gaara's flashbacks, he had about 3 or 4 chapters in a row of just pure flashbacks with his uncle, didn't he? The same thing will probably happen here.

Knives122
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:51 PM
But this is a waste of time though they could of did this back when Itachi first appeared in this Manga series, this is just a way to try and build up tension with the fight between Naruto and Sasuke b/c we've been waiting for this for how long like 3 months and this is just a method to waste time(IMO)

CyberPunk
Sun, 06-20-2004, 11:10 PM
yea, because kishimoto has some diabolical plan to waste as much time as he can. these flashbacks are necessary. live with it.

Assertn
Mon, 06-21-2004, 02:41 AM
showing bits and pieces instead of just going all out at the beginning is a more creative and interesting storytelling approach. Besides, maybe back then kishimoto only wanted us to see the cold-blooded killer side. And now at the moment where two paths break away, the story is told at a more in-depth level

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-21-2004, 07:58 AM
This chapter was awesome!

Hakeem_21
Mon, 06-21-2004, 08:02 AM
I liked the flashback,it showed that Itachi hasnt always been as his now.

The Anbu is the police of leaf right?

I hope for atleast one more chapter of flashback with Itachi and Sasuke before they go back to Naruto and Sasuke.

Superman
Mon, 06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
But this is a waste of time though they could of did this back when Itachi first appeared in this Manga series, this is just a way to try and build up tension with the fight between Naruto and Sasuke b/c we've been waiting for this for how long like 3 months and this is just a method to waste time(IMO)

It is not a waste of time if Itachi is going to show up again soon.

What we have seen just seen in the anime is all we have seen of Itachi. I think he is due for another appearance.

Assertn
Mon, 06-21-2004, 03:52 PM
no i believe anbu and the police corps are two different groups

otherwise you'd see sasuke's dad wearing a mask, and you'd see anbu guys using the shuriken/uchiha symbol thing

i believe the anbu are used more for international affairs, while the police corps are for internal affairs

The Lord of Morning
Mon, 06-21-2004, 04:02 PM
i would agree assert. the ANBU are sent after rogue ninja, no matter where they go and probably against high level enemy ninja in the 'bingo' book.

the polic corps is probably for local ninja matters.

Now about the chapter. itachi has a mission on the same day that sasuke is getting into the academy. when itachi offered to go to sasuke's ceremony, by reminding his father did he get his father to NOT go on the mission (so as to attend the ceremony) and in result itachi went on the mission himself?

we dont know why it was so important but i would guess it has to do with the war in which kabuto was adopted. we dont have a good timeline of all the wars, do we? i remember seeing somone having made a timeline but damned if i know where it is now.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-21-2004, 04:04 PM
I call this a plothole...
from what we've seen so far, the ANBU were guarding the villiage during the chunin 3rd exam, they looked for information and they're in charge of disposal of missing-nins....

that sound like the police for me, and seeing that Itachi was head of the ANBU, it even makes more sense...

I think the ANBU guys wear masks only when they go out on missions, but who knows...

Mut
Mon, 06-21-2004, 04:18 PM
itachi time line:
7 - itachi graduates at the top of the academy.
8 - able to use the sharingan.
10 - became a chuunin.
10.5 - 13 - officially became an anbu member.
13 - became anbu captain. itachi massacres the uchiha clan and leaves. sasuke is 7.
18 - itachi returns to konoha as an akatsuki member. sasuke is 13 (or close to it).

this time is based upon the fact that a year has passed since the beginning of the series. i'm not sure where i remember a year being passed but it must've happened if itachi became anbu captain at 13 and since the uchiha massacre happened 5 years ago from the beginning of the series.

hopeknight
Mon, 06-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
I call this a plothole...
from what we've seen so far, the ANBU were guarding the villiage during the chunin 3rd exam, they looked for information and they're in charge of disposal of missing-nins....

that sound like the police for me, and seeing that Itachi was head of the ANBU, it even makes more sense...

I think the ANBU guys wear masks only when they go out on missions, but who knows...

Well, since the Uchiha clan was incharge of policing the city and was wiped out, perhaps the ANBU had to expand and take over the internal aswell as the external affairs of Konohas protection.

Assertn
Mon, 06-21-2004, 04:32 PM
yeah, and the anbu were also around during the chuunin exam because of all the daimyos and ninjas from other villages that were attending

hmm.....it would be cool to see more about that battle where kabuto was at when the konoha medic guy found him

XpLo
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:36 PM
humm there is 7 color page in inane version ... just don t get our chapter from greedy website like narutofan who remove color page to economize bandwitch and so keep more donation ^^;

PSJ
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:41 PM
where do i get these color pages?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Bittorent or IRC...
Gotwoot has the inane torrent, and #mangareaders@irc.irchighway.net has bots with the chapter...

Assertn
Tue, 06-22-2004, 12:26 AM
yeah gotwoot has em....although none of them were done by paintpixel this time

CyberPunk
Thu, 06-24-2004, 11:19 AM
that'd be cool if these flashbacks were from itachi's perspective as he watches sasuke and naruto fight. then we could get a better understanding of what happened.

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 12:16 PM

yes in sasuke flashbacks of course itachi is the killer. but this might not be the truth since we havent seen any other perspectives of this i would like to see one of the slayed uchihas perspective on things, that would be the absolute truth about this. oh wait i have another new idea, what if the one who looked like itachi in fact was someone using henge? did you think of that?

Assertn
Thu, 06-24-2004, 12:43 PM
if you henge into someone who has sharingan, then i dont think you could perform any of the bloodlimits with your imitation sharingan, especially not mangekyou
And the itachi that sasuke confronted that day used mangekyou on him

Mut
Thu, 06-24-2004, 02:17 PM
a while back, there were some people saying things like "itachi is a loser, the people he killed were nobodies" or something like that... i thought i'd just point out that YOU'RE WRONG, ASS. itachi's dad was in a police force! yeah!

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 03:38 PM
if you henge into someone who has sharingan, then i dont think you could perform any of the bloodlimits with your imitation sharingan, especially not mangekyou
And the itachi that sasuke confronted that day used mangekyou on him

lol i wasnt serious with the henge part. it was just a bad joke..

Masamune
Thu, 06-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
a while back, there were some people saying things like "itachi is a loser, the people he killed were nobodies" or something like that... i thought i'd just point out that YOU'RE WRONG, ASS. itachi's dad was in a police force! yeah!

and his real name was murphy and will come back as..... roboninja~!
beware akatsuki~!

itachi is a copkiller lol

Gods_Son
Thu, 06-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Now they're making Itachi look like a nice guy, I don't like it.

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 05:19 PM
ok, maybe he is a nice guy.. you dont know that since sasuke's flashbacks not seems to be 100% accurate. all he really saw was itachi standing over his dead mother and father then itachi used the mange kyou on him.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-24-2004, 05:35 PM
I really hope that they dont make Itachi a good guy cause he is very good as a bad guy and we need him as bad guy cause Oro isnt good enough anymore....

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 05:37 PM
hmm yea oro isnt fun anymore but this manga will become very long if there doesnt occur some plot twists now. we have seen 2 members of the akatsuki there are still 6 to come... so we still got ways to go..

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-24-2004, 05:47 PM
I cant wait to see the other members of Akatsuki cause someone of them must stronger than Itachi cause its not likely that Itachi is the strongest in this manga.

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 05:50 PM
hmm yea but if the guys in akatsuki are much stronger than itachi it will ruin it i like it when we dont know who the strongest is, oro, jiraiya, tsunade, itachi? we have no idea since we havent seen anyone of them fight seriously exept för oro.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-24-2004, 06:04 PM
I didnt mean that the stronger akatsuki member or members will appear now just that there must someone stronger Itachi.

Mostly i want to see Jiraya fight for real using atleast more than 50% of his skill. Hopefully he will fight Itachi soon so we can see how Jstrong iraya really is.

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 06:05 PM
yea that would be killer. i want to see how far kishimoto can go with the frog based jutsus as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Thats why i want to see Jiraya fight so he can do some frog justus like the one he used against Itachi and Kisame.

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 06:22 PM
yea but i dont think kishimotos imagination can back up are expectations on frog jutsus.... he will probably use water jutsus and fire jutsus alot.

CyberPunk
Thu, 06-24-2004, 06:51 PM
i hate all that summoning bullshit(especially when kakashi got zabuza with the dog one). just kinda ruins the battle for me. i did happen to like jiraiya's hallway stomach thing though because it was more of a technique than a summon. i'd much rather see jiraiya and itachi go head to head without any frogs(or any other animal for that matter) getting involved.

Assertn
Thu, 06-24-2004, 07:44 PM
i want to see the rest of the mist's 7

RasenDori
Thu, 06-24-2004, 07:47 PM
well i figure someone could use a fighting still that focuses on summoning...not the giant creature summoning stuff... we have taijutsu genjutsu and ninjustu experts...a kuchiyose expert would be interesting to see in combat. i could really see jiraiya using that kind of stlye

RasenDori
Thu, 06-24-2004, 07:54 PM
i want to see the rest of the mist's 7

i agree totally! when the mist seven were first mentioned i didnt really care...but after orochimaru mentioned that kimimaros clan was wiped out by the mist it reminded me of the mist 7
so far all the ninjas we have seen from the mist were missing-nins (cant remember if oboro and his teammates where mist or not so im not including them) zabuza, haku, the demon brothers, and kisame
2 of them where of the mist seven...and they were scary themselves...im wondering if the others may be on par with the leafs sannin.

Mut
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by: CyberPunk
i hate all that summoning bullshit(especially when kakashi got zabuza with the dog one). just kinda ruins the battle for me. i did happen to like jiraiya's hallway stomach thing though because it was more of a technique than a summon. i'd much rather see jiraiya and itachi go head to head without any frogs(or any other animal for that matter) getting involved.

i agree, monster vs monster fights are retarded (shukaku vs gamabunta).

Gods_Son
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
monster vs monster fights are retarded (shukaku vs gamabunta).
Indeed

Assertn
Thu, 06-24-2004, 09:06 PM
if it wasnt so reminiscent of power rangers, then it couldve been cool...............

Knives122
Fri, 06-25-2004, 04:32 AM
they should of made it more like the Godzilla fights they were cool,

Godzilla is the best rubber puppet EVER!!