Krbadass
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:10 AM
talk away

Garlannd
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Discuss later, sleep comes now.

Jessper
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:58 AM
I liked it alot and I'm thinking 89 should be quite interesting!

tensai
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:28 AM
interesting how orochimaru wants to use tsunade to fix his arms
i hope she kicks his ass once and for all, the next ep will probably deal with the curse sarutobi gave oro i think (because of the title of the next ep)
i liked how they showed narutos flashback with iruka and the leaf thingy, it was hilarious how iruka said that concentrated chakra would move the leaf, then naruto blowes it off his forehead. hahaha
im wondering how step 3 of the violently rotating technique thingy would be like
cant wait for next ep

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Another decent training episode. Looks like the pace picks up again next episode. Allright!

Outtawack311
Fri, 06-18-2004, 02:59 AM
Wow you guys are a bunch of homers. That episode was ehh, nothing spectacular and it was semi-entertaining. How did Naruto redraw that thing on his hand, he licks his finger and can magically write?? Also, please tell me how Orochimaru summoned a snake with no arms, seems like they are getting a little lazy with Naruto.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:04 AM
I liked the episode ^^, and wonder what will happen between Tsunade and Oro...i hope too that Tsunade will beat him up, but have to wait till the next episode

Lenas
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:18 AM
Kabuto summoned the snake for Orochimaru. No one is getting lazy, use your head.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:25 AM
yeah, i'm pretty sure Kabuto probably summoned the snake, they just didn't show it, since Oro can't use his hands, probably Kabuto is there to do the 'work' and oro the talking..cause i don't see what he can do with messed up arms

Mongoose
Fri, 06-18-2004, 05:05 AM
Argh, I knew they'd end the episode there. Looks like we won't get to see Tsunade do anything significant until next episode...

Jessper
Fri, 06-18-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by: Outtawack311
Wow you guys are a bunch of homers. That episode was ehh, nothing spectacular and it was semi-entertaining. How did Naruto redraw that thing on his hand, he licks his finger and can magically write?? Also, please tell me how Orochimaru summoned a snake with no arms, seems like they are getting a little lazy with Naruto.

err he smeared it watch his hand movements when he is doing it....

Ya and Kabuto was there but it was obviously not him right?

GreenSpan
Fri, 06-18-2004, 05:52 AM
It seems like Naruto can master this technique before episode 100, so Im getting exited about how he will use it. Like with a shadow replication and then 4 of him that do that technique...

Well Tsunade has to show her powers, she is a legendary sannin, she has to be all mighty and with some tricks up her sleeves.

LostAngel
Fri, 06-18-2004, 05:54 AM
I loved this episode the flash backs where funny as hell. I Love how they show how much Naruto still looks up to Iruka. I would love to see some eps dedicated to Naruto and Iruka.

When Jiriaya caught that ball in him mouth I laughed so hard!! I think Jiriaya and Naruto are going to get there while Tsunade and Orchi go at it. I wonder if something really bad ever happened between Orchi and Tsunade. I hope that they show her friend (I forget her name) do some cool stuff, wearing fishnets she has to be powerful!!

Hehehe it would be funny since she is the slug tamer to see her summon a slug and the slug and snake go at it =D!!

Kak Worm
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:48 AM
snakes, frogs and slugs. o_O What other weird summons will we see next? XD

Shadow-wolf
Fri, 06-18-2004, 08:12 AM
I can't wait for the next episode. I'm thinking the match will be between Kabuto and the girl with Tsunade (I wonder if she can fight). Naruto's training is still progressing, and Sakura is still .... just watching.

LostAngel
Fri, 06-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Hmmmm well Orchi said Kabuto is on Kakashis level... I would hope that he would be no match for Tsunade. If they fight and Tsunade shows that he is on equal level in fighting as her I will be dissappointed. And if that happens and Tsunade is going to need help... of course I am expecting Jiriaya to get into the fight.... the 3 Sannins reunited only if Orchi had his arms back. I wonder why Orchi thought by fighting her she would fix his arms seems like he would be crawling and begging her to hehehehehe even though thats not his style it would be funny. He must know Kabuto is powerful, so I guess him and her are going to get into it. Will be an interesting fight!

jing
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm sure the snake came from oro's ass or something.

Board of Command
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
im wondering how step 3 of the violently rotating technique thingy would be like
cant wait for next ep
Naruto won't start step three until they meet up with Tsunade. Jairaiya says this at the end.

I'm sure the snake came from oro's ass or something
That's PAINFULi/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Alu
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:28 AM
It also said in the episode preview naruto will learn on the go. I kinda wonder how Orochimaru will go about getting Tsunade to heal him(assuming she does).

As far as the next episode, i think itll largely befocused on orochimaru and Tsunade. Looks like the next episode will be heated and the episode after the conclusion.

EDIT: Misread the subtitles. I guess Naruto wants him to teach it to him on the road. He never said he would. When naruto says "You are too reckless to teach the third stage while walking." It implys that he does. It looks like that also.

PSJ
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by: Jessper

the one who did the summoning is kabuto with oro's blood. this is shown clearly in the manga i havent watched this ep yet but kabuto does the summoning.

Aeon
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Funny ep with a great ending, but cliffhangers are getting annoying. Oro seemed pretty confident that Tsunade would heal him, I wonder if they.....you know. I hope Tsunade summons a slug next ep, I wanna know if it does hand seals with it's antannas.

Assertn
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

the one who did the summoning is kabuto with oro's blood. this is shown clearly in the manga i havent watched this ep yet but kabuto does the summoning.

are you sure? i couldve sworn the manga skipped the "summoning process" just the same....

the girl with tsunade is called "shizune"
it would be interesting to have sannin vs sannin, apprentice vs apprentice, and summon vs summon.....but i dont think oro would stand much of a chance at this point

PSJ
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:58 AM
hmm well kabuto does orochimaru's summonings.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Man, if I wasn't convinced before, I am now. Orochimaru rules. Even after the loss of his arms, he's still not useless. He could consider a career as a logger. Or perhaps a surgeon. Man that guy's intense! He'll kill you. Seriously.

Outtawack311
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:39 PM
he could really make it as a logger. Roll in the dough in that biz.

Mongoose
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:55 PM
EDIT: Whoops, shouldn't quote spoilers...

Er, yeah, but they don't show that in the manga until much later...

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: Mongoose

Er, yeah, but they don't show that in the manga until much later...

-_- I believe that's spoiling guys, they didn't show who summoned the snake in the episode and you guys are talking about the manga >_<

Zhan
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:15 PM
kabuto summoned the snake...who cares if its a spoiler not like its some big info... i thought of that before Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya even posted it.

NomoZ
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:39 PM
I think "The Curse" might be refering to Tsunade cuz when she started winning she was worried as if she knew Oro was coming. I think he put a curse on her and that's how he's going to get her to heal him.

Jessper
Fri, 06-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
I think "The Curse" might be refering to Tsunade cuz when she started winning she was worried as if she knew Oro was coming. I think he put a curse on her and that's how he's going to get her to heal him.

I got that impression too, the winning was connected to Oro in some way.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by: ZhanZhao
kabuto summoned the snake...who cares if its a spoiler not like its some big info... i thought of that before Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya even posted it.

Who cares if it's a spoiler?! you do realize you're responding to someone who cares it's a spoiler right? Like it's some big info? Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure that orochimaru couldn't do it, but, how did kabuto do it? does he have a contract or not? If not? how did he do it? That's some BIG fucking info, and the answer to that is a surprise that I would have loved to find out on my own. It's really too bad there isn't more of strict hand on the spoiling policies. Why can't you people just stop? Be more considerate. People care.

the_real_apa
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:01 PM
STRIIKE!!!
omg that was fun..

jing
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

Who cares if it's a spoiler?! you do realize you're responding to someone who cares it's a spoiler right? Like it's some big info? Well, it doesn't take a genius to figure that orochimaru couldn't do it, but, how did kabuto do it? does he have a contract or not? If not? how did he do it? That's some BIG fucking info, and the answer to that is a surprise that I would have loved to find out on my own. It's really too bad there isn't more of strict hand on the spoiling policies. Why can't you people just stop? Be more considerate. People care.

It's all Mongoose's fault.
READ THE RULES MONGOOSE, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO QUOTE SPOILERS. even if it is a spoil DONT FUCKING POINT IT OUT U ReTARD CUZ THAT WAY NO ONE KNOWS. YOU THINK UR SMART? UR SMARTER THAN A DONKEY THATS ALL.

Cerberus
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by: jing

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

READ THE RULES MONGOOSE, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO QUOTE SPOILERS. even if it is a spoil DONT FUCKING POINT IT OUT U ReTARD CUZ THAT WAY NO ONE KNOWS. YOU THINK UR SMART? UR SMARTER THAN A DONKEY THATS ALL.

FUCKING CHILL. I understand you're mad at him but you're overreacting a bit TOO much.

Masamune
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:28 PM
check the first time tsunade gets 7-7-7

its an interesting picture from the drawers , a hint to whats to come

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Nah, he's not over reacting. Spoiling is not only annoying, but it sometimes actually takes away from your enjoyment of something that could otherwise be spectacular. Like in this case. And spoiling happens often. In a site where they specifically tell you not to spoil, it's really ashame that getting something spoiled for you at least twice a week is a guarantee. It's some bullshit. It's fucking annoying. He'd be overacting if he traced the guys IP and murdered him. But he didn't do that. He wrote a short message in caplocks expressing his displeasure. He's reacting just fine.

Pyron
Fri, 06-18-2004, 08:36 PM
finally things are picking up. good none fighting episode but you know probably the next 5 episodes things are gonna pick up. can't wait

oh yeah, i'm sensing a lot of flashbacks coming up too...but these should be interesting

winnydapoo
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by: Masamune

Wow, I didn't see that, cool.

deadlydreamx
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by:Masamune

... i dont get it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

NomoZ
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:27 PM

Whoa i just rewatched that scene. That was pretty cool foreshadowing. It's hidden well too cuz everyone is looking at the last 7

I suggest that if you haven't seen what he's talking about that you rewatch the scene.

Hint: Look at the top row of the slot machine.

Aeon
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Hint: Look at the top row of the slot machine.

Don't forget the bottom row of the first slot, or I could be completely off. Anyways good observation Masamune I didn't see it my first time through.

Mongoose
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by: jing

That's true, I forgot that one shouldn't do that. My mistake, and I went back and edited it out. However, I'd like to point out that you'd be just as much a "retard" at this point, because you just quoted the spoiler in your message above. Which I didn't quote myself this time, because, well, I'd like to think I learn from my mistakes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mae
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:56 PM
I liked this ep better than the last....

I didn't see Orochimaru going to Tsunade to heal his arms, which in retrospect seems really obvious. Yeah, he is still badass without them, but I thought he was going to be over as far as a major villain. I hope Jiraiya gets there for the confrontation so they can have a sanin reunion. That would be interesting. They trained together so they must know each other fairly well. Looks like the plot may pick up again....

Board of Command
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Heh I just rewatched that slot machine scene, and what can I say? You guys must pay A HELLA LOT OF ATTENTION to notice that!!!

NomoZ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Hmm i just watched the A/A version and they called the next episode "Ripple". Is this the correct title or is it just a translation error?

orn210
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:54 AM
yeah the slot machine thing looks interesting, and the ep was good to me

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:55 AM
HAH! That slot machine thing was cute. Never would have noticed it. Now I'm even more anxious waiting for the next episode. I should just skip watching it weeks at a time, and accumulate something like 5-6 episodes for every sitting.

To Eurasian: Well, tsunade was right. Orochimaru showed up. That's just bad news for anyone. It'll never be good news for anyone, other than us viewers.

Eurasian
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:16 AM
That slot machine thing...wow, i really never would have noticed. i mean...i keep my eyes mainly on the translations.

i live this episode...actually i like practically every episode since i wait a whole freakin week for it.

i like the whole idea that konoha village used the leaf for chakra control or whatever iruka was talking about. that's creative.

GO NARUTO!!! i can't wait to see him do that technique!! but i wonder when i'll see it.

i think it's really sad that tsunade takes her winnings as a bad sign i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

NomoZ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:32 AM
I wonder if naruto will be able to do the technique the way he does it. Cuz in the first 2 stages he did it inside of a confined space(ie water baloon and rubber ball) but would it still be possible his way in open air?

Mongoose
Sat, 06-19-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
Hmm i just watched the A/A version and they called the next episode "Ripple". Is this the correct title or is it just a translation error?

The episode title is "hamon", which according to the Japanese dictionary indeed means "ripple". I don't know how S-O would get "curse"...

Masamune
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:14 AM
the second time u see tsunade getting 7-7-7 could have a meaning too.
i got a theory on it , but i'd be spoling if i did.

ill just give a hint to figure out my theory.

cherry: hokage

dragon
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:17 AM
MY GOD HE FLEW FAR...I betcha he has to blow up a solid object in 89

After the ending naruto and jiraiya are each holding a pool ball

PSJ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
Heh I just rewatched that slot machine scene, and what can I say? You guys must pay A HELLA LOT OF ATTENTION to notice that!!!

no not that much its fairly obvious. and add to the point that the legendary sucker wins jackpot at the same time as those 3 pops up. didnt think orochimaru would wear a pink vest tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Zabuza No Jutsu
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:26 AM
IMO, A pretty good episode. What the hell is Oro thinking actually confronting Tsunade like that? And i noticed that he can kill people by just looking at them...which seems pretty damn freaky! LOL how funny was it when Naruto's like "concentrate.....concentraaaattte" and then he sees jiraiya in his mind saying "strike!" with the ball in his mouth....LOL! Hmmm...with Oro returning and it looking as though there's gonna be a sannin battle cioming up soon, i have to wonder where itachi will fit into all of this? Will tsunade and Jiraiya team up and start to whoop Oro's ass then Itachi jumps is to help his ex-akatsuki team mate? Should be an iiiinesteresting 89!

Renbo
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:03 PM
S_O translated the next ep name 'The Curse', while A_A translated it 'Ripple'...
Thats quite different, no? Is it the same word in japanese?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:03 PM
I was actually wondering HOW he was killing people. I don't think he's doing it just by looking at them, but if you notice, the camera always cuts away when he kills someone or cuts down a tree or whatever, like they are intentionally hiding what he's doing to fight with.

My guess is he was just using some kind of slicing kick.

Assertn
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:34 PM
maybe he was biting stuff too? it depends on whether you'd consider the stretchy neck thing to be a jutsu or not i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

i dont think the "curse" meant oro cursed tsunade into having good luck now.......it would seem odd that oro would have the ability to provide such a curse, especially to another sannin

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:34 PM
I wonder whats Itachi doing in the meanwhile i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

I mean Naruto is training like a month now, and Itachi had so many oppurtunitys to capture Naruto when ero-sennin went to town i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Anywayz i think step 3 for Naruto will be a Solid Glass/Stone Ball to break? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tsunade > Kabuto and orochimaru i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif so it makes me wonder why Orochimaru is so confident...

obake
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Slick episode. It's nice seeing how everything looks animated versus still-frame.

Wednesday
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:14 PM
If any of you have the time, could you please seed episode 88? my download speed is abysmal. thanks.

Board of Command
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:35 PM
He used his tongue to kill the servant.

I think the 3rd step is to swirl chakra without a container. It most likely goes water in a container->air in a container->no container

Jessper
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:33 PM
You mean for the cutting of the tree and guy down right? I'm not to sure about the first one with the guy but if you constantly hit pause and play while he is destroying the tree I at least caught a frame where it shows very clearly a foot going across so I would say he is kicking it down crazy fast, as for the snake... Why does everyone forget about Kabuto or think that oro had to have done it? To me it is quite obvious that Kabuto summoned the snake for them.

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi
Tsunade > Kabuto and orochimaru i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif so it makes me wonder why Orochimaru is so confident...

what the hell does that mean. how is tsunade > kabuto and orochimaru?

Masamune
Sat, 06-19-2004, 05:11 PM
its more like udon > Tsunade

1. udon rulz
2. women suck

Board of Command
Sat, 06-19-2004, 05:26 PM
What's udon?

Elessar
Sat, 06-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Udon is the male friend of Konohamaru.

Knives122
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:39 PM

no not that much its fairly obvious. and add to the point that the legendary sucker wins jackpot at the same time as those 3 pops up. didnt think orochimaru would wear a pink vest tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I dont remember there being a leaf wasnt the slug, toad, and snake all lined up, IMO they just put the leaf up there just to tell you that they were all from the leaf village right?

Oh, and Masamune what you just said is very, very gay of you

Assertn
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:44 PM
ok, after watching AA's version.....that scene with the spider and butterflies where oro and kabuto were walking makes alot more sense now.....

S-O was close, but they still failed in the translation of that scene......not that this comes as any surprise i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Stoopider
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:01 PM
What's udon?

Konohamaru's friend that snot always drips out. He's often used as in jokes in the forum.

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:08 PM
it's not funny to joke about udon anymore. it was an inside joke in the manga forums a long time ago but newbs blew it out of proportion.

Knives122
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Stupid newbs they always ruin thing for the more experienced people like us

Mongoose
Sun, 06-20-2004, 02:21 AM
He used his tongue to kill the servant.

I think the 3rd step is to swirl chakra without a container. It most likely goes water in a container->air in a container->no container

The training wasn't based on the material being used, though. The first step was to master rotating the chakra in multiple directions, the second was to focus the chakra for power. That and the preview for ep 89 clearly shows Naruto holding yet another ball (green with yellow polka-dots), so he's still got a container for the third step.

Masamune
Sun, 06-20-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122

I dont remember there being a leaf wasnt the slug, toad, and snake all lined up, IMO they just put the leaf up there just to tell you that they were all from the leaf village right?

something wrong with being gay?

Stoopider
Sun, 06-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Just watched episode 88. Really cool. LIked how Naruto burst the ball and flew far far away.

PSJ
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122

what leaf? i didnt say anyhting about a leaf. where did that come from?

Rock-Lee
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Wow never noticed that the slot machine was altered i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Everon
Sun, 06-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Ok, no big deal that they switched from lining up all the three creatures, and decided to just put them on the wheel. They probably decided that it was a little too obvious.

Out of the past three episodes which involved the training of this new jutsu, this is definately the best. I really like the way they showed how Oro, Jiriaya, and Tsunade are going to meet together. Plus they did a good job of showing Naruto's painful experience in learning this jutsu

?igma
Sun, 06-20-2004, 10:57 AM
I think it is exactly related to what we saw. The frog (jiraiya) is further away from the Slug (Tsunade) then the Snake ( Oro) , I figure it simply meant that...

Board of Command
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:51 PM
I never watch the previews, so I didn't know there is a third object in the training. Anyways, I assume Udon is the kid that likes to "divide numbers"

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 02:38 PM
this is interesting.......
in the convo between oro and kabuto (the scene with the spider and butterflies) where kabuto was talking about tsunade starting the idea of having a medical specialist in squads, both AA and the manga have different responses for oro, although both of them seem to make sense

in AA's release oro says...
"The countless wars brought about many advances. They were made possible by the many sacrifices. When a person loses something, he is able to realize the importance. And what created one of the legendary Sannin, who has been praised as a medical specialist, were the sacrifices."

in the manga, oro says...
"Hmm...that might be a good system even for veteran fighters. But such a system would only increase the casualties of war. It's human nature that people wont realize the true value of something unless they lose it. And whoever told the story of the medical specialist who's from the group of 3 legendary ninjas...BECAME THE VICTIMS OF THAT NINJA"

Jessper
Sun, 06-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
this is interesting.......
in the convo between oro and kabuto (the scene with the spider and butterflies) where kabuto was talking about tsunade starting the idea of having a medical specialist in squads, both AA and the manga have different responses for oro, although both of them seem to make sense

in AA's release oro says...
"The countless wars brought about many advances. They were made possible by the many sacrifices. When a person loses something, he is able to realize the importance. And what created one of the legendary Sannin, who has been praised as a medical specialist, were the sacrifices."

in the manga, oro says...
"Hmm...that might be a good system even for veteran fighters. But such a system would only increase the casualties of war. It's human nature that people wont realize the true value of something unless they lose it. And whoever told the story of the medical specialist who's from the group of 3 legendary ninjas...BECAME THE VICTIMS OF THAT NINJA"

I don't get the manga version, having medics increases the casualty rate? Also whats with people that tell storys of Tsunade becoming her victim? I think that the Anime's text makes more sense unless there is something we just don't know yet I guess...

GreenSpan
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Don't Forget Dogs, There are Dogs, Snakes, Frogs and Slugs.

I hope Jiriaya will show the full power of the technique he is currently learning Naruto.

Luchio
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Wow concentrating is really powerful, the way the ball just exploded in his face, too bad Naruto just learned how to use his concentration.

But now that he knows, I suppose all his techniques could benefit from it.

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 07:30 PM
I don't get the manga version, having medics increases the casualty rate? Also whats with people that tell storys of Tsunade becoming her victim? I think that the Anime's text makes more sense unless there is something we just don't know yet I guess...

i think it makes sense. He's saying that if there are less casualties, then wars would become longer and increasingly violent, because the sacrifices wouldnt be as evident.

Mae
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't know, but I had a different take on it. In the AA version Oro talks about wartime medical advances created by sacrifices (like ninjas sacrificing their lives for their village). Then he talks about not realizing the importance of something until it is lost (I assume he's talking about the arms, legs, etc lost by ninjas in the war but is thinking about his own arms). Then he talks about Tsunade's specialty coming from the sacrifices.

IMO he is talking about transplantation, where one person regains something they have lost as a result of someone else's sacrifice (death), and he is hoping to force or pursuade Tsunade to transplant someone else's arms onto his shoulders... The manga translation is a little more sinister and may refer to using enemies as unwilling donors.

I could be totally off, but I would bet money that Tsunade is responsible for Kakashi's sharingan.

Jessper
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
I don't know, but I had a different take on it. In the AA version Oro talks about wartime medical advances created by sacrifices (like ninjas sacrificing their lives for their village). Then he talks about not realizing the importance of something until it is lost (I assume he's talking about the arms, legs, etc lost by ninjas in the war but is thinking about his own arms). Then he talks about Tsunade's specialty coming from the sacrifices.

IMO he is talking about transplantation, where one person regains something they have lost as a result of someone else's sacrifice (death), and he is hoping to force or pursuade Tsunade to transplant someone else's arms onto his shoulders... The manga translation is a little more sinister and may refer to using enemies as unwilling donors.

I could be totally off, but I would bet money that Tsunade is responsible for Kakashi's sharingan.

Very nice, I never even saw this but it sounds solid to me.

The_Fourth
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:37 PM
It makes sense, after all Tsunade is a medical specialist. But we will still have to wait to know how Kakashi got it.

Assertn
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:07 PM
no i think he was implying more that the advances tsunade made was because of sacrifices she herself made in the past....which makes sense since he says that "When a person loses something, he is able to realize the importance."

it defeats the purpose of it being a "sacrifice" if you're just taking somebody else's limbs, not to mention you wouldnt be "losing" anything if you do that.....somebody else would instead.

although im not sure how one would actually HEAL arms that were removed from the soul. Steal them from another soul, perhaps?

Zabuza No Jutsu
Mon, 06-21-2004, 06:56 AM
Sorry if it's been mentioned before but hey...i dont' have alllllll day to read through previous posts. OMG WTF! The very FIRST thing we hear in the episode....sakura....."sasuke-kun". FOr God's Sake! When is she ever gonna call him just plain old sasuke? Grrrr kill sakura!

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 06-21-2004, 08:52 AM
Tsunade > Kabuto

Tsunade > Orochimaru

obviously.. yare yare... it's shorter they way i typed i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SaSuKeRuLeS
Mon, 06-21-2004, 08:52 AM
i doubtt that his arms will be fixed... you cant fix it because his arms were eaten from his soul... so i really do seriously doubt it

NomoZ
Mon, 06-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
although im not sure how one would actually HEAL arms that were removed from the soul. Steal them from another soul, perhaps?

I like this theory...very Orochimaru like

ZakuHan
Mon, 06-21-2004, 11:04 AM
I can foresee no possible way for Orochimaru to regain use of his arms. Even if he gets new ones from someone else transplanted, he still will not be able to use them.

The only way I can see to get them back is to use the Death God jutsu that Sarutobi used on him. But then if he did that he'd die, so it defeats the purpose.

And obviously, confronting Tsunade like he wants to kill her is not the way to go about getting her help for anything. I honestly have no idea what he's planning by finding her, other than maybe eliminating a candidate for Hokage, though I dunno if he knows Jiraiya is out and about with Naruto also.

wirm
Mon, 06-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Maybe she'll remove his feet and transplant another pair of hands there i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Just kidding, he's probably just gonna get some pain medicine and get sent off.

ZakuHan
Mon, 06-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Yeah, hehe. Give him some Vicadin i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Have a loopy snake-summoning no-armed grumpy ass Michael Jackson lookalike for a villain. Scary.

RaZzy
Mon, 06-21-2004, 04:07 PM

cool ... she gets a frog on the left...a slug in the middle and a snake on the right <-- the three sannin
hmm what does it mean.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

z0diac
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I found plot error! how can Oro summon huge snake if he cant preform jutsu with his hands O_o, or how did he kill the guy in the bedroom with no hands? ...
And how does he expect to beat Tsunade who is a sannin with no hands O_o o_O

I still cant believe he's still alive, havent we had enough of Oro, bring back itachi and his gang i say i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Assertn
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:10 PM
oh geez, its been mentioned half a dozen times already i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

we arent sure how he summoned the huge snake, but most people accepted the fact that kabuto probably did it
and the guy in the bedroom.....well.....he can probably still use his head, tongue, and legs to do stuff, so who knows

hopeknight
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by: z0diac
I found plot error! how can Oro summon huge snake if he cant preform jutsu with his hands O_o, or how did he kill the guy in the bedroom with no hands? ...
And how does he expect to beat Tsunade who is a sannin with no hands O_o o_O

I still cant believe he's still alive, havent we had enough of Oro, bring back itachi and his gang i say i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

well, he can still swings his arm like useless stumps, so I guess he slapped the poor guy to death. as for fighting tsunade, maybe he'll try biting her or something, since he can't pull her hair without hands.

perhaps orochimaru didn't summon the snake, perhaps kabuto did.

LaZie
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Its called the Law of Conservation =P

Kill Sarutobi, lose arms =P

jing
Mon, 06-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Simple, he opened his mouth and the sword flew out and slited the dude's throat.

Rek
Mon, 06-21-2004, 06:35 PM
even better!

LAZOR EYE NO JUTSU!!

hopeknight
Mon, 06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
even better!

LAZOR EYE NO JUTSU!!

what with no hand seals? i guess he could concentrate his chakra into his eyes, of course there is the risk his eyes would pop out of his sockets.

Rockets From the Sockets no jutsu!!!!

Luchio
Mon, 06-21-2004, 07:52 PM
so what, we have seen jutsus without hand seals... the heck, Naruto is currently learning a jutsu involving no hand seals.

so IMO Orochimaru can have some killing fun without hands.

Example: His snake-tongue, violent leg moves, or hypnotisation techniques